Tyrion, in light reborn!

On 1/19/2020 at 5:16 PM, Inquisitorsz said:

I think a) is most likely, though I'd like to see a Morathi type situation where he has 2 aspects, maybe even a twins thing with Tyrion or a light/dark thing with Malerion. 

This is my bet. Morathi has a War aspect, the Deepkin manifestation has one and Alarielle is permanently in hers (thus the plot point of Sigmar trying to get her to leave it and bring balance), so it's very likely Teclis will get one and the version we saw was his "contained" form.

In "Pantheon" he's described as a being of light without a body during the Age of Myth and in the Corebook we get examples of Hysh wizards fusing with the realm and becoming like that so my guess is he'll blow up into a huge light diety when he really lets his magic loose.

As for Tyrion i'm betting he's a later release. It's hard to believe he wouldn't be advertised, or even mentioned, too since the brothers have been connected at the hip in the lore so much.

Which is a good thing, imo. More new armies down the road. He can bring  more new aelves, Deepkin and even other races that worship the light or knightly martial traditions.

Teclis is the first AoS mini since the Goresomethings that makes me go... ugh.

Also, wasn't this the only name they came up with? Lumineth? Is this supposed to be Elvish? And am I supposed to believe that the Elvish word for light is the same as the Latin root? I mean... come on, GW, stop fooling around with the names. Seraphon, Lumineth, Stormcast Eternals... get your act together.

I dig the new elves, though, the basic troops look fine, and the horses (OH THE HORSES)...

• Like 1

I don't mind Lumineth as a Hysh-descriptor, my pause is with "Realm-Lords" because this implies... hierarchy? Are they protectors like Stormcast or are they rulers? With a title like that, the Lumineth should be getting auxiliary troops that aren't aelven for sure.

I friggin love the troops' aesthetic, wondering if Teclis is due to the paint job bc his Sphinx is FANTASTIC.

Really hoping the box comes with archers or an elite type unit since High Elves were known for archery and cavalry.

• Like 1

The sphinx, Celennar. It's a powerful nature spirit and has a similar face to the deer forest spirit seen in the movie.

That aside, good release. Really love how the models further emphasize the cultures of the realm of light with a mix of greek, spartan, persian and egyptian to go with the plane of eternal light and golden wisdom upon the flying paradise archipelagoes amidst the endless deserts.

With the basic troops out of the way and the heroes being so exotic and fantastical i'm interested in what new stuff they give for new aelves. I'm hoping at least more new Hysh beasts and spirit armors for the souls Teclis couldn't save so put in armor to keep that "perfect" look.

Edited by Baron Klatz

Gonna post my thoughts over from Rumours since it'll get lost there:

Teclis is giving off a pseudo-Egyptian theme here, Hysh art has some pyramid type monuments/buildings.

Sphinx are heavily related to Egypt in pop culture.

The spear troops have a Greco-aesthetic, the cavalry do as well (armor at least).

I'm going to guess that the rest of the Lumineth will have a Ptolemaic Egypt aesthetic. Again, hopefully this means that the Realm-Lords will include non-aelven and/or auxiliary troops--as a reflection of how diverse the Ptolemaic Kingdom's armies were.

• Like 1

Only my opinion, i was waiting for this anouncement to buy poenys and phoenys guard to add to my city of sigmar(only dwarfs now) but i was wsiting for this anouncement to see if i choose the new elfs before old.......short answer i gonna get the old.

The army look VERY plain. As screen units and very cheap units 50\80 points is fine but for a elite high elf army this isnt good.

If they gonna get a elite units of swordmasters with the eltharion armor then i gonna change my opinion.

For me is this:

Lancers:7\10

Cavalry:4\10

Eltharion:12\10  yes beyond the 10 he is the best mini never released

Teclis:6\10 too much plain for a god and the pose is ugly

Teclis mount:0\10 the ugliest mini never released in gw history

Also for me old elfs:

White lions:8\10

Phoenyx guard:8\10

Dragon blades:8\10

Phoenyx:9\10

So i gonna wait to see the full range,if they get some elite epic looking unit is posible ingonna get them,if they get more plain looking archers etc then it isnt for me

31 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

So the elves dropped the ball once again

How did they recover?

22414CD1-0523-4A73-BE15-21F7E156AB98.jpeg

Well no : this tweet refers to the mostly human kingdoms of the Age Of Myth (as stated in the Core Book). 

The "for now" implies the Lumineth are the return of civilisation in Hysh coming soon... 

So the Elves save the day once again ;):D 

BTW I absolutely LOVE those "Twitter Phill Kelly AOS Facts" ❤️ !!

Edited by HorticulusTGA

There's some talk of "a mix of Greece, Persian and Egyptian themes" in the aesthetics. Show them to be, because all I see is swirly designs clearly inspired by the new 40k Eldar look, and Greek-like crests. There's no Egyptian feel to anything (pyramids and sphynxes are not exclusive to the Egyptians, and one cannot say "a sphynx is Egyptian" unless said Sphynx looks like an Egyptian sphynx. It's like saying every dragon is Chinese, even if it doesn't look like a Chinese dragon).

That said, I don't dislike the general feel and look of the new elves. The basic troops look nice, but I'd rather they didn't have so many swirly bits. They promised pointy elves. For swirly elves, we have the fish elves already.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 1:39 PM, AaronWilson said:

Well this thread worked out well :D

Not really haha,.

should have been Teclis, in light reborn, as near as we can see, baring some future release, Tyrion plays no part in this faction of Aelves.

Teclis is the man in charge!

Since the Mononoke Quote I assumed either some sort of "Light Spirits" as a Unit (because of the God in Spiritform in the Movie) or some sort of Deer-Riding Aelves with "exotic/asian aesthetic". 
The quote out of the Slaanesh Battletome referring to Teclis creating/renewing Pacts with the Spirits of Hysh is clerly aimed at Celennar now, however I thought about some sort of Unit akin Spirit Hosts but for Order. :D

20 minutes ago, xking said:

Thinking it over, the main plot is basically civilization versus nature. With animal spirits/gods versus technology. 

Unless you're saying there is a giant deer monster with an elf's face model coming soon, I don't know what else to say.

;)

Time will tell

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

;)

Time will tell

From the Slaanesh battletomes and the Forbidden Power books, we know there should be some kind of spirit coming with the Lumineth. 

We've already seen Celennar.

With Whitefang's enlightening / ed riddles, we then know there should be other "spirits" (in forms of animal and not "Djinn" as I first thought).

It would be AWESOME it that'd be Tyrion, Lord Of Lumination, on a eight legged multi horned kind of deer.............................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1