5kaven5lave

Wowsers, there’s a lot to take in. Loads have been leaked on the FB group. As many suspected re-rolls have been replaced with +1’s, but in many cases it’s +1 to Wound meaning that we can still apply All Out Attack.

Speaking of which Thanquol can use the same CA twice, meaning double All Out Attacks (on diff units obvs) and he now has a +3 cast. Between him and the bell we have some serious casting. 

Super excited about being able to take other battle lines, and even more happy that my favoured Clan Moulder seem to have come away unscathed and possibly better (depending on Ogor mutations)

Hoping we see some price reductions in the Winter FAQ because some heroes have gone way up for no real reason (looking at you Skritch and Verminlords)

Also hoping for something on reinforcements, that seems to be lacking from the leaks 🤔

Cant wait to see how it plays out in the new Meta 😉

3 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

Wowsers, there’s a lot to take in. Loads have been leaked on the FB group. As many suspected re-rolls have been replaced with +1’s, but in many cases it’s +1 to Wound meaning that we can still apply All Out Attack.

Speaking of which Thanquol can use the same CA twice, meaning double All Out Attacks (on diff units obvs) and he now has a +3 cast. Between him and the bell we have some serious casting. 

Super excited about being able to take other battle lines, and even more happy that my favoured Clan Moulder seem to have come away unscathed and possibly better (depending on Ogor mutations)

Hoping we see some price reductions in the Winter FAQ because some heroes have gone way up for no real reason (looking at you Skritch and Verminlords)

Also hoping for something on reinforcements, that seems to be lacking from the leaks 🤔

Cant wait to see how it plays out in the new Meta 😉

I use 6 units of giant rats in my moulder list, +120 points costier xD real shame there 

26 minutes ago, Moogypies said:

I use 6 units of giant rats in my moulder list, +120 points costier xD real shame there 

Agreed, but with a few master moulders these can become battleline (with a giant target on their back thanks to the new GHB) and you take anything else you want without the “clanrat tax”

Hey, those are Veteran giant rats you're talking about nowadays :D

Im happy with my moulder list, being able to buff hell pits now and the brackets being waaaaaay more forgiving is really going to help, and rat ogors? Barring the warscroll redesign being flat out awful, they're gonna pump it, I hope they get a full chart of buffs not just 3 to pick from like before. 

3+ return instead of a 5+? Literally in heaven.

Hopefully moulder DOES have a second page for rat ogor mutations, cause if they do via the wording on the mutations for hellpits, we may get 1 mutation for each hell pit and ogor unit per moulder 😮 The wild dreams

Edited by Moogypies
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Same, disappointing and excited 

The doomwheel has actually been semi-buffed there was one word change with it's roll over ability, from normal move to move. So now you can give out mortal wounds on any move, including your new double pile in, charge and moves. So it has 4 times the opportunity to mortal wound!

This wording also means you can charge over a unit of 3 wounds or less, AND pile in over a unit as if you have fly.

Edited by Moogypies
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 hours ago, Moogypies said:

The doomwheel has actually been semi-buffed there was one word change with it's roll over ability, from normal move to move. So now you can give out mortal wounds on any move, including your new double pile in, charge and moves. So it has 4 times the opportunity to mortal wound!

This wording also means you can charge over a unit of 3 wounds or less, AND pile in over a unit as if you have fly.

Which is very nice.

combining the doomwheel with levitate will still be a thing thankfully 

Interesting point to note. The great plagues don't manifest on an unmodified roll anymore. So if there are 3 priests within range of each other you can manifest a great plague on a 4+. 

3 skyre heroes gives you d6 +3 spark tokens. 

Those are both pretty decent buffs. 

1 hour ago, W1tchhunter said:

Does anyone here have the build instructions for Skittershanks dudes? I cannot for the life of me figure out how these horrible push fit things go together. I bought the sprues online and they didn't send the instructions :P

I have taken a photo of the instructions, hope they help. They are a bit of a nightmare to put together, I had to use glue to help. 

5F16028C-5A28-4D35-B2DE-7238C24F7068.jpeg

9A4B8A9F-D82E-4AB4-8970-F8CBEC51E1A1.jpeg

• LOVE IT! 1

The new book has really neutered our battleshock immunity.. 

Warpseer vermindlord now just has a 13" aura that gives 10 bravery, and we have the Endless spell bell. Plague furnace still gives the battleshock immunity too actually **

When i saw the bell have its aura removed i figured they would make up for it somewhere with an easier rally ability or something to get rats back. 

Edited by Ser_namron

19 hours ago, Moogypies said:

side grades very few actual downgrades

Yes, and sadly one of the units, I’ve been frequently using, I build-converted of 13, now are questionable for their points.

i’m not certain If I can ever consider taking one again.

how I miss my old rules and buffs which could be given to rattling gun weapon teams.

the not so great unit back then, and the even worse units now.

12 hours ago, frostfire said:

The warscroll of Lauchon the Soulseeker has been changed.

You can teleport Thanquol with it and still move and then shoot and charge.

Seems like a pretty damn strong combo.

This is an amazing ability, especially considering that the soulseekers cost like nothing (30p)

I’m probably going to build some kind of a smaller warp portal, that can be used as the soulseeker.

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

This is an amazing ability, especially considering that the soulseekers cost like nothing (30p)

I’m probably going to build some kind of a smaller warp portal, that can be used as the soulseeker.

Yeah the soulseeker would be hilariously good in the new rules. I assume it is a typo and will get fixed soon. 

So the way I read the new battleline rules, if I have 1 eshin hero I can have 1 unit of night runners AND 1 unit of gutter runners count as battleline? Both have the same wording, 1 unit of that type is battleline if I have 1 hero. Is that intentional do you think?

Another oddity, the first hellpit mutation doesn’t actually need a master moulder. If you have 3 MM then it applies to all hellpits. That doesn’t seem to be how the other clans work, again I’m thinking GW missed that unintentionally 

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yes, and sadly one of the units, I’ve been frequently using, I build-converted of 13, now are questionable for their points.

i’m not certain If I can ever consider taking one again.

how I miss my old rules and buffs which could be given to rattling gun weapon teams.

the not so great unit back then, and the even worse units now.

The gnawhole warscroll now says you can teleport once from EACH gnawhole per turn and don't need a hero next to it. Big upgrade and I'm sure there will be movement shenanigans!