5kaven5lave

8 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I doubt that gw will give us a worse battletome, just because they weren’t interested enough to update the rest of our range.

there is a possibility that the meta will change for use (which I do hope so very much).

But more then that and I don’t really believe much will change.

personally as long as the risk and reward system is being kept by

the skaven, if not even reworked in a way where the damage potential is much higher then before, I think we will be fine.

I didn't say we will get a worse Battletome. I said I don't see GW powering up Skaven. They will stay a lower mid tier army.

I am pretty sure they will get streamlines because that's what happened to most books so far. Attack profiles will be combined etc. which doesn't have to be a bad thing. 

39 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Nice

well I mean, not so great for the stormvermins.

having their range reduced to 1” will really hurt them in bigger units.

That doesn't make any sense. They just expanded the range of the Idoneth infantry and Lumineth with lances even have 3" range. 

55 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Stoemvermin:

4+ save an +1bravery.

1" halberd, 2 attacks at 3+/3+/-1/1.

2+ bodyguard for Verminous Heroes. 4+ bodyguard for non-verminous heroes

Clanrats:

5+ save

Return 1D3 models at the ens of battleshock phase.

lemme give you that in picture format

1651989251594.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DocKeule said:

That doesn't make any sense. They just expanded the range of the Idoneth infantry and Lumineth with lances even have 3" range.

Yeah it makes no sense,

yet it seems as if gw went that route.

I just saw the rules myself😭.

and well then there is the bodyguard rule.

It’s not like I hate the rule or so,  but with the exception of the council guard, stormvermins aren’t that loyal.

at least not loyal enough to save their leader or the person who hired them.

4 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah it makes no sense,

yet it seems as if gw went that route.

It is especially silly since clanrats with spears still have 2" range.

4 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

and well then there is the bodyguard rule.

It’s not like I hate the rule or so,  but with the exception of the council guard, stormvermins aren’t that loyal.

at least not loyal enough to save their leader or the person who hired them.

Yes but I think this could really give our small 5-wound characters a little much needed longevity. Not sure if it it worth the points though since you would have to keep the Stormvermin in the back close to your heroes.

4 minutes ago, DocKeule said:

Yes but I think this could really give our small 5-wound characters a little much needed longevity. Not sure if it it worth the points though since you would have to keep the Stormvermin in the back close to your heroes.

Definitely.

It would also give us the option of taking other command traits, rather then verminus valor one, should it be kept in the next tome

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Remember that a lot of 2" weapons (Bloodknights lance, Nurgle Scythes, etc...) are turned to 1" weapons. Another thing to take in mind is that save characteristic of 4+ (or 5+) is a lot better than a plain +1 save. AoD, Magic Shield, Garrisons, Cover,... can do wonder with a unit than can ignore -1 or -2 rend and still have a 4+ (or 3+) save.

If we look at previous 3.0 books, appart from a few warscroll (mainly drakeguard and a few other SCE) everything seems to rely on their battletraits (Nurgle, Nighthaunts, double-taps SCE, etc...).

Appart from that, rememer that  the new GHB will give "something" to Battleline basic troops. imho, everything seems to go in line fro a powerful book.

Edited by Beliman
grammar
  • Like 2

It does feel like Stormvermin are being pigeon holed into being smaller bodyguard type units rather than the larger blobs of killing machines. 

Let’s hope that means that Plague Monks go back to being the large blobs of killing machines that we know and love?

Personally, I can see myself running more rat ogor units for my hammers and 60 blobs of clanrats for the anvil. All of this being dependent on any changes in the new tome of course. We’ll just have to wait and see

Edited by Cosmicsheep

12 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Appart from that, rememer that  the new GHB will give "something" to Battleline basic troops. imho, everything seems to go in line fro a powerful book.

That is true, although I have a feeling that most skavenplayers in here are probably more interested in the basic rule changes in the tome.

5 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

It does feel like Stormvermin are being pigeon holed into being smaller bodyguard type units rather than the larger blobs of killing machines. 

Let’s hope that means that Plague Monks go back to being the large blobs of killing machines that we know and love?

Personally, I can see myself running more rat ogor units for my hammers and 60 blobs of clanrats for the anvil. All of this being dependent on any changes in the new tome of course. We’ll just have to wait and see

I really hope so.

as for till then, we are still able to use the older warscrolls for the units currently mentioned.

knowing gw, they won’t update the warscrolls till the tome officially gets released, so everything will more then likely stay the way it has

9 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

That is true, although I have a feeling that most skavenplayers in here are probably more interested in the basic rule changes in the tome.

Agreed. I for one don't want to consider a seasonal ruleset from the GHB as a possible balancing lever for a tome that will last a few years at least.

5 minutes ago, vaector said:

Agreed. I for one don't want to consider a seasonal ruleset from the GHB as a possible balancing lever for a tome that will last a few years at least.

+1 save cahracteristic, better profile and the usual 3.0 features are going to stay at least until the next battletome/edition. GHB2022 helping basic troops is just a bonus.

But believe me that it's a bit boring when you play an army without powerful Heroes, 0 monsters and rely on profiles with rend to do damge in a season that specifically buffs Heroes, Monsters and save-stacking units.

Overwhelming hype for 2x40 clanrats that can be save stacked to a 4+ and rally themselves as well as 10 stormvermin to bodyguard warlock engineers. I'm not sure if I can justify running 30 stormvermin anymore with the 1" reach and points hike, but 10 little bodyguarding rats for synergy pieces in this super fun shooting meta seems like it may have a place.

Edited by vinnyt
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, vinnyt said:

Overwhelming hype for 2x40 clanrats that can be save stacked to a 4+ and rally themselves as well as 10 stormvermin to bodyguard warlock engineers. I'm not sure if I can justify running 30 stormvermin anymore with the 1" reach and points hike, but 10 little bodyguarding rats for synergy pieces in this super fun shooting meta seems like it may have a place.

Well If the verminlord warbringer does have the skaven keyword and keeps his verminus as well, I could actually see a unit of 30 stormvermins being quite reliable.

depending on the buffs skaven will get we might be getting some kind of a horde bonus where the skaven get an extra amount of inches to their combat weapons.