Age of Sigmar RPG

Emmetation

On 3/20/2021 at 11:29 AM, Still-young said:

So I’ve been looking at getting into RPGing with a couple of mates at some point. How are people finding Soulbound so far?

Been playing for months now in two different campaigns--one as a player and one as a GM. Love it. Easily among my favorite RPG experiences. Great system, elegant and with a lot of depth.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Really happy with how Cubicle7 are keeping track that Champions of Order, AoS Bestiary and Through Fire and Smoke keep hitting the #1 bestseller spots on Drivethrurpg. :D

Keep pumping out those Mortal Realms goodness!

On that, the new Refuges of the Realms has been really well received too with how it shines a spotlight on the more wholesome areas of the Realms.

"AoS the tabletop rpg just introduced one starpriest that identifies as female after interacting with warmbloods constantly (floating around in a pyramid to intervene in people’s destiny and offer them safe harbor for a while, offering it even to stuff like chaos warriors they’ve foreseen will become chaos warlords so incompetent it actively harms the chaos gods’ plans) it sort of makes sense since she’s kind of assigned a matronly role in taking care of the guests and probably picked up that association from people"

" the new Age of Sigmar Soulbound suppliment, Refuges of the Realms which is basically just a lot of cute little safe spaces for parties to run across while in the realms, another one is a set of aelf triplets who have a cabin and garden built on top of a big wandering mountain spirit (like a treeman but made of stone), who ferried them away to safety after their birth was taken as a sign of evil by their superstitious community"

The Realm of Metal duardin x Sylvaneth refuge is especially cool.

"Treelord Grundylach and Warden King Aedagrim are the joint  rulers  of  Karaznethil.  They  are  as  close  as  brothers,  and while stern when alone, they share inside jokes in each other’s  company,  grinning  beneath  their  beards.  Many  such  Sylvaneth-Duardin  pairings  exist  in  Karaznethil,  from  ‘Mossbeards’  who  grumble  away  the  days  together  to  Duardin  lineages  who  pledge  themselves  to  a  single  Noble  Spirit,  each  new  generation  befriending  each  new  reincarnation.

Refuges of the Realms, Pg. 4"

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well this is a neat observation.

"The map Warhammer Fest acknowledges the Lair of Dathuselai, a DOK temple that made its appearance in the most recent AOS Soulbound supplement released only a few weeks ago"

AfIx1HIgjwToP0gbt82uMeP6Olp9L_n6IdxEJW8e

Definitely one of the best things about this is how well connected AoS & Soulbound are that makes the setting really feel alive. :D

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Since Soulbound was announced I always though how cool it would be to RP a FEC.  So happy that it will get official support soon.

Viewing yourself as a noble knight while everyone else around you sees you as a horrible monster is a recipe for unforgettable table-top sessions.

You need to go further, makes players do normal characters and secretly rolls flesh eaters careers for everyone creating "real character sheets for everyone",then at the end of the campaign you "unveils" the reality,exposing them as the real monsters.

I want to do something like that for a one-shot with people that knows little of aos.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

You need to go further, makes players do normal characters and secretly rolls fec careers for everyone creating "real character sheets for everyone",then at the end of the campaign you "unveils" the reality,exposing them as the real monsters.

I want to do something like that for a one-shot with people that knows little of aos.

Its a nice idea, but I'd say best to run it for people who know enough about AoS to get the joke, otherwise the pay off is likely not going to be as great for them as if they are at least fairly familiar with the Flesh Eater Courts lore.

You ideally want a group who won't question it at first, when you tell them that they are crusading freeguilders or whatever, and send them off on their mission. But you do want a group who will be able to potentially figure it out themselves as the clues build up, and you add in more and more little hints at what is really going on.

Some of the best moments are those ones when the PCs suddenly say... "wait a minute..."

It might actually work best if you recruit one or more of the players to be in on the secret, so that they can kind of help you to steer the rest of the group in that direction.

It would be tricky to pull off, but so rewarding if it works. Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Ossiarchs and Deathrattle stuff is so good. More info on their Ghur empires stuff is very fitting for this Era of Beasts. (I like the sound of Tusks Ossiarchs. That could lead to bulky "Annihilator" versions with mammoth and monster skull bones)

Honestly surprised this thread went so silent after the big announcement of all those upcoming releases like Excelsis, Ulfenkarn and Dawncrusader supplements alongside all the Death faction news.

Oh well. Gonna see how much of blending between Ossiarchs and Warmachines i need to do to get a Bonemason corpse mecha.

99120207080_OBRMortisanSoulmason01.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Free intro for Age of Sigmar:Soulbound. Defend a Dawner party colony in the Realm of Death. :o

"AndInStrangeAeon:

Since it doesn't appear to say it anywhere above, it seems to be the 16th-17th of October this year.

Does anyone know if DriveThruRPG or any other sites will offer downloads?

u/Emmetation:

Yep, we'll offer it about a month later I believe. You'll be able to get it from our store and from Drivethru"

X

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It hasn’t been posted here yet but the Soulbound roadmap is looking sweet!

”Artefacts of Power: Artefacts of Power out now in PDF! You can pre-order your copy here and get the PDF straight away. Expected in stores Q2 2022. 

Champions of Destruction: Writing and art are now complete and Champions of Destruction is ready for editing. Expected PDF release Q1 2022, and expected in stores Q2/Q3 2022. 

Blackened Earth: Art and writing are well underway. Expected PDF release Q1 2022, and in stores Q3 2022.

Ulfenkarn: City at the Edge of Death: Writing and illustration are underway for Ulfenkarn. This is a big book, so production will be a little longer on this one! Stay tuned for more on the expected PDF Release date in future updates.

Reap and Sow (PDF only): Our Free RPG Day adventure, Reap and Sow will be available for download within the next week. Keep an eye out!

NEW! Era of the Beast: The Mortal Realms quake as Kragnos, the End of Empires, escapes his centuries-long imprisonment and rampages across the realms. Era of the Beast offers players and GMs a chance to follow the ongoing narrative of the Age of Sigmar universe, and brings the timeline forward to the Era of the Beast and the emergence of Kragnos. This book recounts the events of the Broken Realms saga and updates the lore of major cities and the status of the gods of the realms. Era of the Beast details the lands of Thondia in Ghur, complete with monstrous creatures to face. The book also includes a number of new Archetpyes, such as the Scinari Loreseeker of the Lumineth, the Melusai of the Daughters of Khaine, and the Knight-Vexillor of the Stormcast Eternals. Era of the Beast has just begun pre-production. Expected PDF release Q2 2022, and in stores Q4 2022.

Virtual Tabletop: We’re working hard on the Soulbound module for Foundry VTT and it’s looking great! Expect more news in the coming months.”

Also awesome fan-art on DA the other day of their group’s Anvilgard carbine Aelf that was a former member of the Order of Azyr.

https://www.deviantart.com/nictanova/art/Aelf-with-carbine-899145819

image.jpeg.6e7af4cff6c9488d7af97772cff73dd1.jpeg

Their group is still pre-broken realms so I wouldn’t want to be the Melusai staring down the barrel of that thing from a anti-Har-Kuron resistance attack. :D 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey you! Too busy to set up a formal Rpg session for an epic jaunt through the eldritch Mortal Realms? The Foundry can help! 

Real treat for the eyes seeing all that lovely information and art for the Realms spring up.

image.jpeg.3a8ff808dd73185e212ed2a40729b031.jpeg

image.jpeg.c037a49c3599bb730c2bfd5af843109c.jpeg

Then of course the big news of Champions of Destruction bashing their way to the player rosters soon.

“The announcement said "more than 20" new archetypes. We know the following are in:
  1. Grot Boingrot Bounder (cover & announcement)
  2. Ogor Firebelly (cover & announcement)
  3. Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (announcement)
  4. Kruleboy Gutrippa (announcement)
  5. Rockgut Troggoth (cover)
  6. Kruleboy Swampcalla Shaman (cover)
  7. Orruk Brute (cover)

That would be about one-third of the archetypes in the book.”

Lastly, fellow behind the Anvilgard Carbine aelf did another one for his party’s heavy armored aelf from Lethis.

https://www.deviantart.com/nictanova/art/Aelf-from-Lethis-899621182
image.jpeg.203c3a3b11e37983511565be60d9bdcf.jpeg

I really enjoy the concept that even the agile aelves would adopt bulky infantry tactics in a Shyishian reality of endless undead hordes everywhere that can assault their Death cities at any time.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

hey long time, no post, hope you're all good...

anyway I thought I'd pop in as I just added the interview I did with Emmet about Soulbound last autumn, and that appeared in the second issue of Wyrd Science, to the website. You never know it might be of interest.

https://www.wyrdscience.online/post/hammers-ready-prepare-to-smash

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting note on some earlier dev discussions a few weeks ago:

“Champions of Destruction is going to have miracles of Kragnos in it, apparently. The one mentioned so far involves pulling flying enemies out of the air, with the option to empower it by opening a crack in the earth that sucks them in and traps them, it's explicitly anti-dragon”

So worshipping the Earthquake God will be a good idea for any parties that have to deal dragons, giant monsters and God-Beasts stopping their Waaagh! (Unless of course you homebrew a Mega-Gargant archetype and wrestle your colossal problems down like Gorkamorka intended ;) )

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Champions of Destruction is out today!! 

Get ready to Waaagh for Gorkamorka and Kragnos!

https://cubicle7games.com/product/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-soulbound-champions-of-destruction/
image.jpeg.56ac567a6776f2a66310a2c9af3e96b0.jpeg

Here’s links to the last articles going over the archetypes if anyone missed them:

https://cubicle7games.com/aos-champions-of-destruction-kruleboyz-reveal/

https://cubicle7games.com/aos-soulbound-champions-of-destruction-bonesplitterz/

https://cubicle7games.com/aos-champions-of-destruction-ironjawz/

https://cubicle7games.com/aos-champions-of-destruction-gloomspite-gitz-1/

https://cubicle7games.com/aos-champions-of-destruction-gloomspite-gitz-part-2/

https://cubicle7games.com/age-of-sigmar-soulbound-champions-of-destruction-ogor-mawtribes/

Some really good bits like the Spider God basically being something in Nagash’s basement he’s too scared to clean out and both a cowboy Ogor & nekkid Ironjaw.

“I got more’n just a fancy hat on my travels, pardner.

Skaven, Kharadron, Ossiarch — they’re all the best at what they do, it’s true. But I come a close second, based on all the tricks I picked up from ‘em.’
— Big Hat Blugg, Captain of the Buckaroos”

“My mates screamed at me to put my plates back on, but I’d ‘eard the WAAAGH!, clear as a boar’s bellow. 

Where I was goin’, I didn’t need no armour.’
— Lobgaz da Bare”

Nice to see Orruk mercs and merchants are spreading about in more places than just in Shyish’s Toba Lorchai kharadron port city too.

“For this reason, there are rare situations throughout the Mortal Realms where you may just find the odd Orruk or Ogor operating under the watchful eye of the Freeguild Guard, for a brief time at least.”

Fantastic stuff! :D

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1