Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S133arcanite

AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

Recommended Posts

Off to Facehammer and the GT Finals over the next two weekends and rocking the Squigalanche. Not expecting anything bar a few fun games. Looking forward to all that random movement!

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)
- General
- Trait: Fight Another Day
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
- Artefact: The Clammy cowl
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Artefact: Rockjaws
- Lore of the Moonclans: Squig Lure
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork

Battleline
10 x Squig Hoppers (180)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
12 x Squig Herd (140)

Units
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)

Behemoths
Mangler Squigs (240)

Battalions
Squig Rider Stampede (140)
Squigalanche (90)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Aethervoid Pendulum (50)
Purple Sun of Shyish (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 146

 
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my current 1k list looking to expand to a 2k list . Just unsure which direction to head . Like which units could be a great hidden gems for us? Thought about adding the stampede in? Any tips or suggestions would be amazing cheers.

755CC21E-E812-4CC5-88E0-EAEFB1F48EF9.png

ACD403F7-72F0-48D0-B989-14CDA9BA0F7A.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

Off to Facehammer and the GT Finals over the next two weekends and rocking the Squigalanche. Not expecting anything bar a few fun games. Looking forward to all that random movement!
 

Love it!

If you play Slaanesh, I wish you good luck :D But I'm sure you're aware that's the risk you take.

Let us know how you get on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any of you ever use Sporesplattas fanatic? I've a game against stormcast tomorrow, and I don't get  how to use them. You kinda seem to put them in the front, so they'll draw fire and die, wich doesnt seem very good considering they are 24 pts per life? At least you'll keep the +1 attack on Moonclan for the full turn, but that still seem quite expensive...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, broche said:

Any of you ever use Sporesplattas fanatic? I've a game against stormcast tomorrow, and I don't get  how to use them. You kinda seem to put them in the front, so they'll draw fire and die, wich doesnt seem very good considering they are 24 pts per life? At least you'll keep the +1 attack on Moonclan for the full turn, but that still seem quite expensive...

There are several ways to use them.

You can use them to buff units, while screening support characters, so you place them between units and characters.

You can use them as a defacto prismatic palisade for that first turn against shooty armies.

Since a basic unit is only 120 points, I've also used them to stop first turn tunnelling shenanigans vs fyreslayers to protect Skragrott.

 

I like them, but I'm also an idiot.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One little question: Can Itake a Loonboss on Manglersquig as a part of the Squigrider Stampede or can I put a simple manglersquig in there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BadBrain said:

One little question: Can Itake a Loonboss on Manglersquig as a part of the Squigrider Stampede or can I put a simple manglersquig in there?

It's got to be a normal Mangler squig if you take it unfortunately as it's the unit name not keyword. If it said MANGLER SQUIG in bold and capitals then you'd be able to take either choice. But because it's lowercase and non-bold it's the unit name.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've played my third game of Gloomspite, another win (agains stormcast Skyborne Slayer). I'm now more confident in making some analysis about how the army work against various matchup.

I find Gloomspite to be an interesting army because they don't seem that strong on paper, but playing them you realize they have a really good toolbox to answer different type of challenge. I think unlike some current top army they really reward good play (after playing Ironjawz for a year it's refreshing)

I've played variation of this list so far. It might look a bit random (because that's the model I have) but I realized that gloomspite strenght seem to reside in diversity , making me quite happy at the end of the day.

Spoiler

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Dankhold Troggboss (270)
- General
- Trait: Loonskin
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Great Green Spite
Zarbag (160)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Call da Moon
40 x Stabbas (260)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (140)
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (140)
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (150)
5 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (140)
5 x Sporesplatta Fanatics (120)
5 x Boingrot Bounderz (100)
5 x Boingrot Bounderz (100)
7 x Zarbag's Gitz (0)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Malevolent Moon (40)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 140

Army identity:

I had some problem seizing the army at first, mainly because it contain 4 subfaction and a large amount of units.  The Bad Moon seemed like it's not that usefull , plus it's random (my strategy is to  start it in my corner and hope for the +1 to cast on turn 2). An overview of the units quickly reveal that the most cost efficient units are Bounder and Troll (both version).  With potent magic, it's also obvious that successful army need to rely around spell.  Also, while some of our units are quite good we don't get big damage spike (except maybe a big squad of fanatics) like other army. My conclusion was that the army come down to two word: Control and Disruption.  Control because we have access to a great variety of model / chaff, decent movement , lots of unit with rearch, and distruption in the form of the loonshrine, the fanatic, the -1 to hit (really crippling in the current meta).

For those reason, I think competitive gloomsptie army should start with a fungoid, 40 stabbas, 5 fanatics and Geminid.  After that, i think the vast majority of variant (squig, spider or Troll) could have sucess. Here's my opinion so far of the units I tried:

Troggboss: He is not cheap but I like him so far. Making the troll battleline is great, and while it's attack are a bit random, he has good resistance and doesn't descale. I think the fact he benefinit from cover and look out sir! is what give him a edge above average. I've tried Gryphfeater charm and Cloak on him. I'm still not settle on a build, but +4 move and flying seem the we to go for my playstyle. His command is ability is good as well, especially on Rockgut and himself.

Bounderz: 100 pts  for 10 life at 4 up, with good attack, mortal on the charge, decent move, flying. It rank at the top of most cost-efficient units in the game, so it would be foolish to not take some.

Troll: With the point decrease, troll have been pushed on par with the best units in the game as well.  The get shoot, reach, good hit, resistance. There only weakness is bravery, so i usually keep command available to save model (even wounded once since they can heal).

Zarbag and Gitz: At first i inclued them for filling, but I think they'll become a stapple for me. Zarbag +2 to cast is great to cast Geminid early. The gitz give you a really cheap screen / objective holder. For 160 pts it's a pretty good bargain.

Loonsmasha: I think it's an auto pick. Striking first is awesome and they can really mess up an opponent turn. If you have CP  available it's good to spend 1 for rr1. 

Sporesplatta:  Still unsure about those. They worked fine yesterday, but I need more play with them. They might be autopick against Skaven.

Scragnot: He look good but far from underprice. He certainly gain value if he's the general as he give CP and control the moon. But he get bonus to cast, that is a bit lacking in the army. His shooting is also quite decent.  I would probably trade him and something else for an Arachnot if I had the model.

Giant: Still bad. No real reason to take one except for fun. He is probably not even worth 100 pts, and he cost a whooping 160.

For spell I'm currently rotating between Green spite, Itchy nuisance, Hand of gork and Call da Moon. I really liked greentide at first, but having 21 model wholly within 18 can be rough in my army. Nuisance and Hand of gork are good tools that can be either awesome or useless.  Squig lure is not really useful for me, and glare is ******. For endless spell Scuttletide look absolutely awesome, will need to try it for sure (fit both the Control and Disruptive theme), in the end i think i'll end up swapping Malevolent move and Scuttletide depending on matchup.

Let me know your tought!

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there any thoughts on using allies or mercenaries ? Any success or suggestions?  Looking at possibly running the grey lodge with slayers with 10x hearthguard and runesmitter . Any thoughts on this? 

Edited by Twh30
Adding content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there been trying to write a list with the gbbpalooza in it and trying make it work this is what I’ve come up with thoughts would be great 

6044DE60-643D-4898-8DEF-7E3EFEB17CFA.png

A259322C-8134-4714-B237-909E67A9D9DD.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Matt Large hey man are you still playing the gitz and loving it? i remember reading your posts from earlier in the year and remembered how enthusiastic you were. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GlitzFan said:

@Matt Large hey man are you still playing the gitz and loving it? i remember reading your posts from earlier in the year and remembered how enthusiastic you were. 

Yep still loving it, time has  just been precious of late though, I havn’t got many (if any) games in recently. Last proper go with them was Throne of Skulls a few months ago, which I thoroughly enjoyed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt Large said:

Yep still loving it, time has  just been precious of late though, I havn’t got many (if any) games in recently. Last proper go with them was Throne of Skulls a few months ago, which I thoroughly enjoyed. 

Sounds great! What lists are you wanting to run now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking this to a GT at the weekend. Not expecting much as I'm pretty new to AOS, played fantasy for a long time but I'm very out of practice. Seems to be a lot of stormfiends and other assorted nastiness signed up though, so I may just get blown off the table easily. Good times!

 

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- General
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (280)
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction
Loonboss (70)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Great Green Spite
40 x Stabbas (260)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 6x Barbed Nets
- 1x Moonclan Flag Bearers
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers
40 x Stabbas (260)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
- 6x Barbed Nets
- 1x Moonclan Flag Bearers
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
- 3x Barbed Nets
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers
5 x Sporesplatta Fanatics (120)
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (280)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (40)
Scuttletide (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 174

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Valenhawkwing said:

Taking this to a GT at the weekend. Not expecting much as I'm pretty new to AOS, played fantasy for a long time but I'm very out of practice. Seems to be a lot of stormfiends and other assorted nastiness signed up though, so I may just get blown off the table easily. Good times!

 

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- General
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (280)
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction
Loonboss (70)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Great Green Spite
40 x Stabbas (260)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 6x Barbed Nets
- 1x Moonclan Flag Bearers
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers
40 x Stabbas (260)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
- 6x Barbed Nets
- 1x Moonclan Flag Bearers
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
- 3x Barbed Nets
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers
5 x Sporesplatta Fanatics (120)
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (280)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (40)
Scuttletide (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 174

 

Gee that list looks awful familiar, you wouldnt happen to be going to a town in Victoria, Australia to play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New poster, and currently catching up on this thread as my family makes our first Gitz purchases.  It'll be a shared family army as a few of us are just dabbling with AoS while others already have our face-punch tournament armies in other factions.

A super helpful post a few pages back, kind of did the unit tiers, and frequently mentioned playing "bingo" to line up keywords and synergies.  For those of us who haven't poured over the book yet, can someone maybe elaborate on some of these before we go off and make too many purchases?

We've started with a handful of staples, and just order 80 Grots, 20 Hoopers/Bounders, and a Fungoid and Skragrot the Loonking.  I'm planning to order a lot more so any of my family can go down whatever branch of the faction they feel like on a given day, but I do want to buy efficiently so we don't add too many absolute turds, while ignoring fun interactions.

Also, maybe a weird question, but is there any merit to running 100+ Grots and a couple 15-strong units of surprise Fanatics?  I absolutely love their rules, but wonder if they live up to their points, and/or if 15 is too many to properly place, wasting bodies.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Neomaxim said:

Also, maybe a weird question, but is there any merit to running 100+ Grots and a couple 15-strong units of surprise Fanatics?  I absolutely love their rules, but wonder if they live up to their points, and/or if 15 is too many to properly place, wasting bodies.

Fanatics are super good but tricky to play. And playing 100+ grots certainly not  a bad strategy, but those army tend to do lots of time game in tournament which can be an issue.

Edited by broche

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, broche said:

Fanatics are super good but tricky to play. And playing 100+ grots certainly  a bad strategy, but those army tend to do lots of time game in tournament which can be an issue.

Typo there?  Certainly "not" a bad strategy?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm an old gamer, so I can do the "post as intended, versus post as written."  🙂  I appreciate it.  I'm also hoping some folks might have more insights into the synergies I can look for in terms of best buffs.  For example, Fanatics, inexplicably aren't [Moonclan Grots] so can't receive most buffs at all, as far as I can tell.

Troggoth side it is much easier to see all the buffing/support potential, but do Grots, for one example, perform well when completely buffed... and from whom?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An addendum, actually... but I was thinking of getting a couple of Gobbas and/or a Troggoth Hag in my Forgeworld order... are they good options?  At a glance I feel like the Gobbas fill a role literally nothing else in the army does, and it looks good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neomaxim said:

I'm an old gamer, so I can do the "post as intended, versus post as written."  🙂  I appreciate it.  I'm also hoping some folks might have more insights into the synergies I can look for in terms of best buffs.  For example, Fanatics, inexplicably aren't [Moonclan Grots] so can't receive most buffs at all, as far as I can tell.

Troggoth side it is much easier to see all the buffing/support potential, but do Grots, for one example, perform well when completely buffed... and from whom?

lol @PlasticCraic thanks for checking my ortograph :)

 

Fanatics don't really need any buff, what I usually do is spend the CP to reroll 1 to hit when they attack. 5 are like 12 damage at rend 2 and strike first.If you use the loonboss you can buff regiment of grots, but even without that they still pile some damage but they are not your big hitter.They are mainly use for area control, and they are really annoying thanks to the netter (-1 to hit). If you want big hitter to actually kill stuff check for Troll or Squig.

Troggoth hag have a good profile, but I've never played her. I'm sure she's good enough in the right list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 10/3/2019 at 5:38 AM, broche said:

Fanatics are super good but tricky to play. And playing 100+ grots certainly not  a bad strategy, but those army tend to do lots of time game in tournament which can be an issue.

+++ Mod Edit +++
Try using movement trays as you can buy them online (or use the 40k apocalypse ones).

Edited by Gaz Taylor
Reworded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...