AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

4 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

Look online for people selling the netter bits from the Moonclan grots box.  They are out there if you look.  eBay is a good source.  Then you can just attach those to your Silverfang grot models with a bit of work.

Ive tried in the past . It's actually extremely hard to find and has now gotten even harder. The ones out there are so expensive, you should just buy a box of gobbos. Every person digging out their BfSP gobbos needs netters.  This has always been the case, but now instead of it being a fringe army in AoS it is the hottest thing.  A box of goblins gives just enough nets. There is little reason for someone to not use the nets, you are looking for 

1. People buying grots for conversiom work

2. Hobbies who don't care about rules and don't like nets

3. OOP sculpts which are hard to come by. 

For all the sources of above, only the small percent of people willing to sell bits on eBay .  I sell stuff on eBay every week, but under $20 isn't worth my time.  

Anyway, good luck to people with BfSP sets that need nets! I am thinking of using mine for spiderfang conversions

10 hours ago, Malakree said:

I'm definitely going troggoths probably with a couple of large grot units for bodies. @PlasticCraic had some great tactics for troggoths inside grot units iirc?

Honestly though this just ticks everything I want in an army 😍

Ive done that same tactic with skinks and kroxigors, witches and blood sisters and savage orcs and big stabbas. Works a charm!!! I think the more about it the more i want to do a full troll herd. Ive always loved the idea of a kunning troll general outsmarting the lesser races who judge the trolls as stupid and slow. Its what made me love Throgg! And what he did to Sigvald was hilarious! I just always wished there would be a less chaosy version of Throgg for normal Trolls that used to live in the Troll Country and the Badlands. Now my prayers have been answered!!!

Obviously we dont know all the facts but Sourbreathe trolls are my favourtive looks wise. I have the 3 old Metal ones and the one from Skull Pass. Personally im going to snip off any mushrooms that are growing on the trolls themselves. I like the look of the mushrooms but id rather have them grow on the ground. As thats what i disliked about the Fungoid Cave Shaman. Loved his staff, his stance and his face. Hated the mushrooms growing out of him. So what i did was cut it off and greenstuffed the icon pointy hood and filled away the millipede that was on the back of his model. In my eyes he looks miles better that way, as i think he looks too busy as such a small model.

So with the Dankhold Troggoth that we have seen for Shadespire, im going to cut his mushrooms off and add a bit of wear and tear to those elephant ears of his. Im still on the fence with his club too, again it looks over crowded, but when you look at Skraggrots staff his is perfect. The ratio of shroom and staff is just right. It doesnt look like they forced a tonne of mushrooms on it for the sake of adding mushrooms. 

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, sorokyl said:

Ive tried in the past . It's actually extremely hard to find and has now gotten even harder. The ones out there are so expensive, you should just buy a box of gobbos. Every person digging out their BfSP gobbos needs netters.  This has always been the case, but now instead of it being a fringe army in AoS it is the hottest thing.  A box of goblins gives just enough nets. There is little reason for someone to not use the nets, you are looking for 

1. People buying grots for conversiom work

2. Hobbies who don't care about rules and don't like nets

3. OOP sculpts which are hard to come by. 

For all the sources of above, only the small percent of people willing to sell bits on eBay .  I sell stuff on eBay every week, but under $20 isn't worth my time.  

Anyway, good luck to people with BfSP sets that need nets! I am thinking of using mine for spiderfang conversions

Converting nets is pretty easy. I did mine with cut up window screen, but gauze can work too. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Professor Clio said:

Converting nets is pretty easy. I did mine with cut up window screen, but gauze can work too. 

That's a pretty good idea actually.

I was thinking of cutting out negative space in some thin plasticard to leave a spiderweb shape, which I could then form into nets, but I might start looking at some other materials.

9 minutes ago, Edwang said:

KZR9WPO{SI~HZOC_YFPG017.jpg

So there are the new Rockgut.  New and updated, but they still look like the old ones a bit.

I am curious what size bases those are though.  My guess is 50mm.  They really fill out those bases which means they are going to be a lot bigger than the old trolls.  Man, once upon a time I thought Trolls were big models...

7 minutes ago, michu said:

I think we can say goodbye to Sourbreath Troggoths - probably we can use them as count-as Dankholds.

Honestly, I don’t mind seeing the unit disappear in regards to rules.  I liked the models, but you can still use them as other trolls and we knew the resin ones would go away at some point.

I mentioned it previously, but all of the trolls are pretty much the same in regards to rules.  The current units do not have enough different about them.  They all have the same stats (aside from rockgut with +1 armor save) and then they each have a different defensive rule.  They all fill roughly the same role, but in different ways which means one is likely to be better than the others (Fellwater usually).  I just hope that they make them all useful but differentiate them more.