AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

12 hours ago, dasnation said:

Yo, apologies on taking so long to get back to you guys earlier with a little write up. Incoming wall of text.

I attached a couple of pictures of the deployment, turn two precharge, and charges. We were playing starstrike as the battle plan, and my opponent held his heartrenders in the sky to deploy later when the objectives fall. Since it was an open board, I used my main squig line on my right flank with the loonboss on giant cave squig along with a contingent of boingrots. I didn't exactly know what to do with my colossal but wanted to see what he would do going up against a horde of witch "aelves." I also set up my badmoon in his left corner.

My opponent gave me the first turn, I wasn't exactly sure what I should do here, he deployed a little defensive, and I did not want to over commit and get countercharged. I moved up a little giving the daughters a window if they wanted to take it to charge. I also short cast mushroom (only a few more inches to get the majority of his horde) but was able to kill about 8 of his sisters who were nice to get rid of. On his turn, he decided to move back a little more and buff his units. He failed the majority of them somehow and ended up wounding the cauldron of blood by failing a prayer. Mork laughed.

Turn Two I won initiative and decided it was time to get a little crazy. The moon moved into the quadrant with his sisters of slaughter and Mouthpiece of Mork hit so I had 3 CP. I tried to dispell the mushroom to push it deeper into his lines but failed, Mork laughed. With that plan shelved I decided to cast squig lure on one of my 24 blocks. In the movement phase, I used Let's Get Bouncing and covered almost my entire squig force but the random 6 on my extreme right flank. I was able to get all of the little ****** into the quadrant so I could run and charge which is what I did. On the left flank, I attempted to charge my Colossal and Loonboss on Mangler into his witch elves. Looking back on this I should have only charged with the Colossal because it would have forced me to attack with my Loonboss first due to his Fight Another Day ability leaving the Colossal exposed. Luckily?... I didn't have to live that mistake because I failed the charge on the Loonboss, but the Colossal made it in.

Along comes Gorks favorite phase combat. I started with the Colossal expecting it to pop against a horde of witch elves. He? It ended up taking out 14 of the little blood crazed things after all their saves. The squigs on the right flank weathered the storm from his sisters and only accumulated six wounds per herd of 24. They attacked back and had great results, sadly the sisters have their 5+ save that on 6's do mortal wounds. I believe a lost another 6 wounds due to that after the regular attacks. I lost 11 squigs between the two herds due to battle shock and another couple due to the rebound effect of the sisters' shields. Finally came his witch elves attacking my Colossal who weathered the flurry of blades and surviving with 6 wounds. Also, note that the objective dropped on my right flank his left in the center, so I kept my Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig there to capture.

To shorten this up a bit he charged his cauldron into my squigs and transformed Morathi and flew her next to the objective along with dropping some of the Heartrenders to capture the objective away from me. The witch elves went first in combat and tore up the ole colossal popping him, and some little squigs came out. I forgot that the Loonboss had Git Shield so I could have negated a few more wounds, but he managed to kill all but one of the flying beats. Sadly Morathi ate his lunch. Looking back I should have run the random herder unit of 6 over to help capture the objective instead of getting into the combat.

On to turn three the objectives dropped in the middle of the board. Sadly real life events came up, and we could not finish the game. I do feel like I would have been able to walk away with the victory. I had more models on the board and in prime locations to capture the objectives and hold them. Overall it was a great game and can't wait to try the list this weekend in a tournament. I know that was a long ass post, if you have any questions let me know.

IMG_2216.HEIC 1.58 MB · 9 downloads IMG_2215.HEIC 1.72 MB · 3 downloads IMG_2214.HEIC 1.79 MB · 2 downloads

I'm curious about the dispelling of your own Mork's Mushroom.  I didn't think about dispelling my own spell, but if that's possible the potential spam seems insane.  

Would this be possible?  If you place it turn one, and use it's ability. The beginning of the next battle round AFTER it's ability is used, could you not use one wizard to dispel it, then another wizard to potentially recast and proc the ability again?

1 hour ago, kamuffinz said:

I'm curious about the dispelling of your own Mork's Mushroom.  I didn't think about dispelling my own spell, but if that's possible the potential spam seems insane.  

Would this be possible?  If you place it turn one, and use it's ability. The beginning of the next battle round AFTER it's ability is used, could you not use one wizard to dispel it, then another wizard to potentially recast and proc the ability again?

Yes you can, the dispell value of 7 is a bit painful and unlike some armies we don't have an excessive number of casts *cough* skaven *cough*

You're essentially spending 2 wizards worth of spells to recast it.

I am playing in a small tournament I. Denver Colorado. It’s only three rounds and two hours a piece. Not sure why it is that way but I’ll see how the list plays out in some blitz games. 

@kamuffinz I’ll have to make sure I jot some things down so I can do a cliff notes of each game. Hopefully I get to use sword of judgment one of these games. 

• Like 3

Hey,

I have a question surrounding the movement of a model that has summoned the Arachnocauldron.

When moving the model, say you have 9" move, can you swap the positions of the cauldron and the caster during the movement (as long as you stick within the boundaries of the movement distance, so the back / front of the combined model only travel 9" total) OR is the formation of the caster / cauldron locked permanently after the summon?

I can see situations where you  could squeeze into a smaller gap to pile-in onto another model if the Cauldron was in front rather the the caster (assuming the caster was the Hag). Also potential benefits to having the caster in-front.

6 minutes ago, Snowl said:

Hey,

I have a question surrounding the movement of a model that has summoned the Arachnocauldron.

When moving the model, say you have 9" move, can you swap the positions of the cauldron and the caster during the movement (as long as you stick within the boundaries of the movement distance, so the back / front of the combined model only travel 9" total) OR is the formation of the caster / cauldron locked permanently after the summon?

I can see situations where you  could squeeze into a smaller gap to pile-in onto another model if the Cauldron was in front rather the the caster (assuming the caster was the Hag). Also potential benefits to having the caster in-front.

So the exact ruling is that no part of the models base may travel more than the required distance. It means that realistically it's bloody hard to do.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Malakree said:

So the exact ruling is that no part of the models base may travel more than the required distance. It means that realistically it's bloody hard to do.

That's true, but you could effectively leapfrog the caster over the cauldron.  Still only moving your total Mv value but the positions are swapped. So long as you adhere to the moment distance restriction, multi-part models don't need to stay in locked formation?

Edited by Snowl

23 minutes ago, Snowl said:

That's true, but you could effectively leapfrog the caster over the cauldron.  Still only moving your total Mv value but the positions are swapped. So long as you adhere to the moment distance restriction, multi-part models don't need to stay in locked formation?

Yes, it's treated as a single model with one footprint. It's a nightmare to work out at lower mv's, specifically piling in but it can be done in the same way you can rotate etc.

First list I have made for AoS. (Have all of the models table ready)

Wanting something simple for my first dive into the game. 

I like the idea of:

1) throwing in grots into the enemy recklessly and seeing the carnage they can unfold. So I have hand of gork and morks mighty mushroom which i will dump both onto the enemy army for maximum carnage. 

2) the relentless battle of attrition for the enemy. Im killing my own grots in the hope to kill their army with the mushroom and I hope to bring back my grots using the clammy hand.

For a 2k army i would like to add sporesplatters and loonsmashas and sneaky snufflers to the mix. Plus the skullmob horde battalion. 

Can I optimise this list any more - for example dropping fungoid for sporesplatters? 

2077780060_Screenshot_20190425-095038_OfficeMobile.jpg.f92c510cae951cad4197064f688ee238.jpg

Edited by GlitzFan

3 hours ago, GlitzFan said:

Wanting something simple for my first dive into the game. 

Can I optimise this list any more - for example dropping fungoid for sporesplatters? 

Just me, but at 1k I would drop the fungoid, skuttletide, drop the 60 unit to 40 and add some trolls. But if that is all you have ready for the table then hell yeah! Maybe consider bumping it down to 40/40 instead of 60/20. I have yet to see a unit of 60 get wiped out.

2 hours ago, Newtype_Zero said:

So I've got a 2k tournament coming up this weekend. I think this is the list I'm going to run, but I don't really play Moonclan so I don't know which artifact to take for my Loonboss or Mapcap Shaman. Thoughts on an artifact and the list?

I like Gryph-feather Charm on the Loonboss, his job is to stay alive and buff the stabbas, any artifact that does that has my vote. 

6 hours ago, GlitzFan said:

For a 2k army i would like to add sporesplatters and loonsmashas and sneaky snufflers to the mix. Plus the skullmob horde battalion. 

If I ever find 20 fanatics for cheap I’d love to cast cogs and hand and watch the world burn... I bet the fanatics will kill a screen and then I’d get tabled but imagine if you get a double turn or they have no magic/shooting 

4993D863-2040-42E5-8182-E0FDAD28D039.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RareDesire said:

Question? if I take Fungoid Cave-Shaman as my General wherein the books can I find a list of Artefact he can pick? I'm confused because in the Warhammer Warscroll builder I can pick an artefact but I can't find the list.

Thanks.

He can’t take any artifacts from the book since the ones for wizards are strictly for  the Madcap only. You pretty much only able to give him realm artifacts

I think reason being is that the Fungloid is so much better then the Madcap that they had made an incentive for you to take the Madcap 

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

He can’t take any artifacts from the book since the ones for wizards are strictly for  the Madcap only. You pretty much only able to give him realm artifacts

I think reason being is that the Fungloid is so much better then the Madcap that they had made an incentive for you to take the Madcap 

Thanks. where can i see the realm artefacts?

2 minutes ago, RareDesire said:

Thanks. where can i see the realm artefacts?

on Warscroll builder if you choice a realm that your from, you can see what each artifact is available from each realm.

to see what each artifact does you need the book that comes with the Malign sorcery box or find sources online on what some of them do

On 4/24/2019 at 4:17 PM, Malakree said:

Yes you can, the dispell value of 7 is a bit painful and unlike some armies we don't have an excessive number of casts *cough* skaven *cough*

You're essentially spending 2 wizards worth of spells to recast it.

This is very good to know! 

We can use our Mighty Mushroom even better to destroy our enemy battlelines! 

Thanks for the suggestion. 

I'd love to go squigs and also eye a built around the colossal squig and mangler as general with fight another day and clammy cowl. I wonder, if one could fit in the stampede battalion and make the bounderz have a more 'reliable' movement to bring them unto speed with the light cavalry. Yet I am afraid that the hoppers would be to expensive and hence small in numbers and not pay of the investment for the battalion. What was your line of thought here? why no hoppers or battalion?

cheers

2 hours ago, Okonomiyakimarine said:

I'd love to go squigs and also eye a built around the colossal squig and mangler as general with fight another day and clammy cowl. I wonder, if one could fit in the stampede battalion and make the bounderz have a more 'reliable' movement to bring them unto speed with the light cavalry. Yet I am afraid that the hoppers would be to expensive and hence small in numbers and not pay of the investment for the battalion. What was your line of thought here? why no hoppers or battalion?

cheers

You can go for the stampede on your boingrots but because it's 2-3 you're limited if you want more than 1 unit as to how many hoppers you include.

Squig herds form a way better backbone purely for the sheer quantity of wounds they put on the board for their cost. 12 for 70 instead of 10 for 90. They end up both performing the meatgrinder roll but hoppers are just worse than the herd at it.

You could potentially run hoppers instead of boingrots, not sure it's worth it for the 10 points saved.

• Thanks 1

@Okonomiyakimarine, @Malakree Helped me with the list. Just some other thoughts along it though. If you are thinking of clammy cowl just take gryph-feathered charm. They do the same thing but you gain an extra 1” move. 

And just like Malakree said I think the squig herders are better as a battle line. I get more wounds and I find them more reliable in combat. In my opion I don’t think 140 points just to help my boingrots move is worth it. The battalion doesn’t help either of my loonbosses that is also why I am taking the loonboss on giant cave squig to give everyone that extra 3” move.  Now If I wasn’t going to run the colossal squig I’d probably look into squgalanch and bring a second mangler. Then I could make everything one drop if I didn’t take any magic. I don’t think it is worth it just for that though. 

Edited by dasnation
Spelling
  • Thanks 1