Tell me something awesome

I am playing in my first AoS2 Tournament this weekend...that alone is pretty awesome!

I am also debuting my Phoenix Temple at a tournament for the first time....also pretty awesome!!

I decided to convert and paint up Aventis Frost-strike to join my army as a cool ally.....definitely awesome!!!

However...the conversion took way longer than planned, so I only begun painting this week. So far I've had 15hrs sleep as well as working full days in the office. I'll get home at 5pm today and have until I get picked up at 5.15am (yes, really!) tomorrow to get him finished and do everything else I need to do.

Now that sounds less awesome....but I'm going to have an awesome weekend with my friends, playing Warhammer and being permadrunk. Also Aventis is clearly going to repay my faith and time by successfully casting the Everblaze comet 25 times over the weekend, destroying all before me!! Now, that will be awesome.

Oh and it's a Bank Holiday Monday next week, so I can recuperate then, also an awesome bonus.

Stay awesome kids! x 

2 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

I am playing in my first AoS2 Tournament this weekend...that alone is pretty awesome!

I am also debuting my Phoenix Temple at a tournament for the first time....also pretty awesome!!

I decided to convert and paint up Aventis Frost-strike to join my army as a cool ally.....definitely awesome!!!

However...the conversion took way longer than planned, so I only begun painting this week. So far I've had 15hrs sleep as well as working full days in the office. I'll get home at 5pm today and have until I get picked up at 5.15am (yes, really!) tomorrow to get him finished and do everything else I need to do.

Now that sounds less awesome....but I'm going to have an awesome weekend with my friends, playing Warhammer and being permadrunk. Also Aventis is clearly going to repay my faith and time by successfully casting the Everblaze comet 25 times over the weekend, destroying all before me!! Now, that will be awesome.

Oh and it's a Bank Holiday Monday next week, so I can recuperate then, also an awesome bonus.

Stay awesome kids! x 

Nice one! Keep up the pace and good luck, have fun this weekend! 

1 hour ago, Freejack02 said:

You truly are the Verminking.

Well as a non Battletome owning army player, you’ll have to have some dirty tricks up your sleeves.

and 320 or more rats is just something ,nobody with a clear head would even call possible or even think of playing against.

if you usually play against someone who plays skaven, your first thoughts are about mortal wound spaming war machines, or 160+-plague monks and many priest, but not 320-380clanrats?

And Yes-yes We are the true and mighty Verminking.

My friend and I, both with various tournament gaming backgrounds, started a "club" as a joke. We're both competitive by nature but the gag sort of takes the ****** out of us by making it funny and ensuring we never take ourselves too seriously the way we did with other games. We're really hamming it up too. He made up a logo in photoshop. I'm currently combing through secondhand shops to find leather/jean jackets so we can stitch our logo on the back. All-in-all it's just been one big self-aware, inside joke between friends. We even "recruited" (conscripted, whatever) our mutual friend whom I've known since middle school (and he's known since college).

It's really silly and inside humor isn't easy to communicate to strangers on the internet but I think it's some positivity I can toss out there for you. It might be good to know that there's just these lifelong friends that live cities apart, forming a scalene triangle from Milwaukee, to Madison, to Minneapolis, traveling to whatever tournament of the month is in the region. That we use Age of Sigmar to give each other a constant excuse to hang out. If one of us misses a tournament, we check in on the phone, "how'd Heavy Magic do?" **Snicker** We call our club Heavy Magic. "Oh, it was another great showing for Heavy Magic." Like... it was just one of us at some 20 person tournament that doesn't matter and we still speak in a collective like The Borg. Our silly little club has been a source of great pride and enrichment. In general, that's what AOS has been for these 3 thirty-somethings, that once used to all room together gaming every single weekend and taking it for granted.  

But now the AWESOME part. The great irony of Heavy Magic, this self-aware, inside joke, is that we've all been playing pretty well. We've racked up the trophies and COMPLETELY on accident between us have a bunch of random IDK stuff. The only logical thing to do now is to build an entire IDK army EXCLUSIVELY from the things we win. Each time we have an option of choosing a prize and an box of ANYTHING IDK is on the table, we'll take the IDK even if there's a more expensive or more pertinent prize to our actual armies. It might take a year or two to finish it. We'll optimize the lists from what we win but we've forbidden each other from ever spending actual money on a box of anything for it. The story behind this IDK army will be a gift that keeps giving. We'll collectively play the army. We'll set up some sort of rotation for it. Each time all three of us make it to the same tournament, this just extra army will go home with someone new.

as a (topical) aside, 

I've been working about 50-60 hours a week since April. It's a menial, outdoor skilled labor job. Last week I hit 72 hours (my high score). As of this moment I'm at 50 hours for this week with the knowledge I'll work 10-12 hours tomorrow and another 8 probably on Saturday. I value my free time more than money so telling me "all that overtime pay" doesn't really register to me as much as the benign nagging feeling I get when I don't have time to do anything I enjoy. Now, it's not all bad. I am CURRENTLY sitting in my work truck outside a jobsite thumbing this out on my phone as I drink a bottle of water and find my center again. 

Mostly I've been coping knowing that Fall and Winter will eventually roll back around and the part of my job that I like will come back. Still, I got home yesterday and I don't know what it was, I just sort of collapsed in a chair at the kitchen table. It was the first time all season I REALLY felt the anxiety and weight I've been holding back all year. I was just done. Even right now I'm sort of checked out (obviously) for the day. But yesterday... I don't know, man, it was rough. Every news story got to me. Fires in California, Civil War in Yemen, things that had nothing to do with me. It was like all the funk I felt inside projected onto all the bad stuff outside and it all spiraled around me. Suddenly the Hurricane in Hawaii wasn't about Hawaii, it was about me. It's difficult to explain, but I was just not in a good head space. 

I made a post on my Facebook and told everyone to tell me an awesome personal anecdote. I heard about my lawyer friend practicing his opening and his son coming in and mocking him with a frosting mustache and another friend's clinical trial with a new MS medicine actually working. All the stories just helped reset me. 

What I'm saying, Amysrevenge, is while I don't know your exact plight. I empathize, my friend. And to quote a meme with sincerity, "i know that feel, bro." I hope the fine folks on these forums give you some respite from your own battles with real life and you get back to Age of Sigmaring at the raddest of levels soon.

***Edit: Like seriously though. RL keeps getting in my freaking way. Do you know how long I've just wanted to spend some of my overtime money on stupid freaking Grimghast Reapers so I can add then to my stupid freaking Grand Host army? I've been talking about it since the FAQ said I could take them... so salty. Stupid life getting in the way of what really matters. **grumbles in shyish**

Some of my RL was awesome (my wife and I are currently living in different towns for work BS reasons, but she was here for a visit), some was work BS.  So it's partly stupid RL, partly glorious RL. 

But I dipped my toes back in to hobby on Tuesday (didn't do as much as I should have), will do some more tonight.  Might even finish some models, which should be a nice pick-me-up.

My awesome story involves a game against Seraphon. It's the end of the fourth turn and I am behind in objective points. The only way to win the game is to capture an objective on the other side of the table currently controlled by 10 saurus warriors. Closest model  to the objective is my Cabbage which is a mere 38 (!) inch away.

It is my turn so I roll for mighty destroyers scoring two successes, one for the megaboss general and one for the nearby warchanter. I give both the extra movement buffs to the maw crusha then also move him his normal movement for a total of 24 inch. Now he is only 14 inch away. from the objective.  In charge phase he charges a forgotten nearby skink unit with only 3 models, destroying it promptly with destructive bulk and activating on the rampage. Now he has to pull off a final 10 inch charge to reach the saurus warriors guarding the objective. He succeeds on the charge, kills all the saurus and wins me the game after covering the distance of 38 inch in a single turn in the most epic upset ever experienced in our group.

That stunt is his finest hour to this day.

Here it is him celebrating his victory:

image.png.80a4f6127e3d9057273821c727a80b4d.png

WAAAAAAGH

13 hours ago, Mephisto said:

as a (topical) aside, 

I've been working about 50-60 hours a week since April. It's a menial, outdoor skilled labor job. Last week I hit 72 hours (my high score). As of this moment I'm at 50 hours for this week with the knowledge I'll work 10-12 hours tomorrow and another 8 probably on Saturday. I value my free time more than money so telling me "all that overtime pay" doesn't really register to me as much as the benign nagging feeling I get when I don't have time to do anything I enjoy. Now, it's not all bad. I am CURRENTLY sitting in my work truck outside a jobsite thumbing this out on my phone as I drink a bottle of water and find my center again. 

Mostly I've been coping knowing that Fall and Winter will eventually roll back around and the part of my job that I like will come back. Still, I got home yesterday and I don't know what it was, I just sort of collapsed in a chair at the kitchen table. It was the first time all season I REALLY felt the anxiety and weight I've been holding back all year. I was just done. Even right now I'm sort of checked out (obviously) for the day. But yesterday... I don't know, man, it was rough. Every news story got to me. Fires in California, Civil War in Yemen, things that had nothing to do with me. It was like all the funk I felt inside projected onto all the bad stuff outside and it all spiraled around me. Suddenly the Hurricane in Hawaii wasn't about Hawaii, it was about me. It's difficult to explain, but I was just not in a good head space. 

I made a post on my Facebook and told everyone to tell me an awesome personal anecdote. I heard about my lawyer friend practicing his opening and his son coming in and mocking him with a frosting mustache and another friend's clinical trial with a new MS medicine actually working. All the stories just helped reset me. 

What I'm saying, Amysrevenge, is while I don't know your exact plight. I empathize, my friend. And to quote a meme with sincerity, "i know that feel, bro." I hope the fine folks on these forums give you some respite from your own battles with real life and you get back to Age of Sigmaring at the raddest of levels soon.

***Edit: Like seriously though. RL keeps getting in my freaking way. Do you know how long I've just wanted to spend some of my overtime money on stupid freaking Grimghast Reapers so I can add then to my stupid freaking Grand Host army? I've been talking about it since the FAQ said I could take them... so salty. Stupid life getting in the way of what really matters. **grumbles in shyish**

Thanks for this @Mephisto it's nice (obviously not the hard times) to hear stories from other people who sometimes feel the stress and anxiety of modern life.

But hearing from you how much harder you work than myself (Standard 40hr week here) and that you remain so positive is uplifting. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and positivity.

Thanks to @amysrevenge for starting this thread.

YOU are awesome bro.

Back in 8th one of my Necromancers managed to get sucked into the void every game I played him (8 games in a row). The void usually claimed him either with his first Spell turn 1 or his first Spell turn 2. the best part about it: I only used 2 dice to cast anything with him because I was afraid of him dying - spoiler: it didn‘t help at all.

so I lost a 2 local tournaments due to him and 2 games against my Brother.

He earned his name which is also written on his rectangular Base: Scum the Useless.

At the time we ran a Story-Driven campaign called „The Resurrection of Nagash“ and shared the batrep including the Story And battep in a Forum (sth. Like 50 pages or more). Most Stories began with a Necromancer of Mannfred pulling Scum back from the Void.?

about a year later GW kind of stole our Nagash Story (the whole core story including plottwist...) and incorporated it into the end times...

On 8/22/2018 at 4:09 PM, Euphanism said:

My awesome story is a list of things that, over the last three games, my Knight-Questor has solo'd and killed (with only a tiny help from artifacts or the occasional Healing Storm). I don't see the model getting a lot of love, but he's tanky as hell and earning a reputation in our group because for some reason, no one can roll well enough to kill him.

• 1 Soul Grinder
  • 5 Blood Warriors
  • Khorgos Khul
  • 1 Saurus Oldblood
  • 1 Saurus Eternity Warden
  • 5 Hellstriders
  • Half of a Greater Daemon of Slaanesh (he was tired from the Hellstriders)

The time he took out Khul, the Khorne player switched all of his objective goals to 'kill the Knight' and he was buried under a giant pile of Khorne. I wish we had taken a picture of the model at the end when he had a 20 block of daemons on one side, 30 Blood Reavers on the other, and a Bloodstoker attacking from the front.  We were crying laughing as every battleline unit whiffed but somehow the Bloodstoker got lucky and took him out.

The knight questor is a bad model that need a item to be good. Sadly, most of the stormcast items don't help his shortcomings. But the malign portents items can make him absolutely hilarious. a +1 damage help him a lot, and a knight questor ignoring rend or with a 4+ save against mortal wound can pretty much tank everything until the end of time

Archived