Tell me something awesome

What could be more epic and awe inspiring than the adventures and tales of Griffhounds (and others)!

https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/19409-the-archibald-and-others-appreciation-society/

After that just think that wargamers are one of the last bastions of great and true beards in society! Indeed when all else fails you know that you're home when you're with a group of gamers and you're not the only one with a beard that's more than just 3 days of being lazy!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlgbKIswpzI

And if you still need inspiration then just think of all those glorious battle moments when the dice gods were with you! When the odds were against you and yet you prevailed! I recall killing Eldar Heroes with nothing but a mass of Rippers! Or of the time that a single Genestealer stood alone against a group of Seraphem sisters of battle and took round and flame shot after shot and yet managed to kill several of them before going down. 

The time I judged my Dwarf Lord to be safe (he had 2 wounds left, and was on a rerollable 3+ save) against the lone clanrat champion and attacked first with someone else in a different combat.  The clanrat then rolled two hits, and then two wounds, and then the dwarf lord failed both saves, twice.  And I lost the game.  And it was magnificent.  I built and painted a Dwarf head on a pike for my friend, and installed it on the clanrat's base myself.

My awesome gaming story.  

I've not played for a while and been a bit down on the hobby.  Feels more like work at the mo with all the B+G prep.  However, me and Mark Wildman had an awesome game last club night and now I'm buzzing again and even managed to get some painting done!!!

My awesome story is a list of things that, over the last three games, my Knight-Questor has solo'd and killed (with only a tiny help from artifacts or the occasional Healing Storm). I don't see the model getting a lot of love, but he's tanky as hell and earning a reputation in our group because for some reason, no one can roll well enough to kill him.

• 1 Soul Grinder
  • 5 Blood Warriors
  • Khorgos Khul
  • 1 Saurus Oldblood
  • 1 Saurus Eternity Warden
  • 5 Hellstriders
  • Half of a Greater Daemon of Slaanesh (he was tired from the Hellstriders)

The time he took out Khul, the Khorne player switched all of his objective goals to 'kill the Knight' and he was buried under a giant pile of Khorne. I wish we had taken a picture of the model at the end when he had a 20 block of daemons on one side, 30 Blood Reavers on the other, and a Bloodstoker attacking from the front.  We were crying laughing as every battleline unit whiffed but somehow the Bloodstoker got lucky and took him out.

Couple of weeks ago I failed a 3" charge with 40 skeletons against a Black Dragon.  Then it flew away. We laughed a lot! Also in that same game, his Shadowblade Assassin one-shotted my undamaged Mortis Engine with some artifact that gives you extra mortal wounds against Behemoths on 6s. He overkilled it pretty brutally as well. That was pretty epic.

edit: oh yeah. We realized like a turn later that skeletons always charge 6”. Then we laughed some more.

Oh man failed charges...

We were playing that first big worldwide narrative event, Convergence I think(?).  My Tomb Kings opponent lined Settra up 3" away from my Carmine Dragon.  Double 1!  Dragon was meanwhile locked in combat with something so I couldn't shift on my turn.  Next round Settra charges.  Double 1 again!  I wrote in an extra objective "Sunday Driver" on our score card and gave him the point.

I found an old '92 Revell pirate ship model on my shelf. It was only 1:72 scale (about half size), but I wanted a second Gloomtide Shipwreck for my Fish Elves, so I built it. Then I found a few old LoTR Hobbits so I cut their base support off, bent them a bit so they'd lay flat (hard to do because they're fat), and glued them to the deck as dead Halflings, sucked under with the ship. Yes, I know AOS doesn't have Halflings, but now we know why. 

11 minutes ago, MacDuff said:

I found an old '92 Revell pirate ship model on my shelf. It was only 1:72 scale (about half size), but I wanted a second Gloomtide Shipwreck for my Fish Elves, so I built it. Then I found a few old LoTR Hobbits so I cut their base support off, bent them a bit so they'd lay flat (hard to do because they're fat), and glued them to the deck as dead Halflings, sucked under with the ship. Yes, I know AOS doesn't have Halflings, but now we know why. 

That is Awesome! Picture please ?

My favourite model is the Ogroid Thaumaturge. Mine in particular seems absolutely incapable of ever rolling "average".  He is either a blizzard of mortal wounds, springing up horrors everywhere, or doesn't seem to be able to ever cast a spell.

The list of things he has murdered in combat include lord kroak and saurus guard, a vampire lord on zombie dragon. He has also spent literally entire games surrounded by dire wolves, being gently gnawed on and living in peace with them.  I actually painted up some warhounds for him, because the guy clearly loves dogs.

16 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

My favourite model is the Ogroid Thaumaturge. Mine in particular seems absolutely incapable of ever rolling "average".  He is either a blizzard of mortal wounds, springing up horrors everywhere, or doesn't seem to be able to ever cast a spell.

The list of things he has murdered in combat include lord kroak and saurus guard, a vampire lord on zombie dragon. He has also spent literally entire games surrounded by dire wolves, being gently gnawed on and living in peace with them.  I actually painted up some warhounds for him, because the guy clearly loves dogs.

Haha, I love those kind of additions to models! 

Played a game today with my Ironjawz against Nighthaunt, first time playing with them in 2.0. Decided to risk the game at the bottom of turn two by moving everyone up and exposing them to charges in the hope of a double turn. I got the double turn, used Gordrakk's Voice of Gork command ability on my Ironfist battalion and charged 2 units of Brutes and an unit of Ardboys into the Nighthaunt lines. After a Mighty Waaaaag! the Brutes were getting 7 attacks each with their double weapons and rerolling hit rolls because they were fighting a Guardian of Souls and Kurdoss. Wiped out the Guardian and damaged Kurdoss pretty bad, triggering the Ironjawz ability to fight again. The other Brutes killed 15 Chainrasps, so close to wiping the unit!

Next turn Gordrakk charged into Rieknor and killed him with destructive bulk, charged the 5 remaining Chainrasps and killed all them too, then charged Kurdoss. It was beautiful, never seen those abilities go off before and especially not so many in one game. I still lost, but it was a helluva fun game!

3 hours ago, Somanlius said:

Next turn Gordrakk charged into Rieknor and killed him with destructive bulk, charged the 5 remaining Chainrasps and killed all them too, then charged Kurdoss. It was beautiful, never seen those abilities go off before and especially not so many in one game. I still lost, but it was a helluva fun game!

Ha ha I always loved the ironjaws models but never felt attracted to the playstyle. But with those new ‘trigger if’ abilities* they start to play like the look. Love those stories  

* or I missed up until now

My awesome story involves my Dragon Lord surviving a barrage from my opponents KO. Bit of background, my opponent had been winless for some time against this Dragon Lord and he was hell-bent on killing it in a game, objectives be damned! He finally got an opportunity, as I misplayed his position badly hoping for a double. Before he started rolling all his dice, I looked my opponent in the eye, and said the Dragon Lord would survive with two wounds. My opponent just shook his head and said no way. He started rolling his dice, and I started rolling my dice, and sure enough he survived with two wounds!!! My opponent couldn't believe it. I ended up getting the double next turn, so I still managed to get into his lines with the Dragon Lord and do some serious damage. He did manage to bring it down eventually, but it lost him the game in the process.

39 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

My awesome story tells a tale of 320 Clanrats, kill slaying a whole Ironjaws army

and gnawing a Megaboss on Mawcrushers to death turn 2.

I've been Liking all the others, but I can't bring myself to Like a win from dirty Skaven.  No offense.  Well, actually plenty of offense.  Hahahahaha

Archived