AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

10 minutes ago, xking said:

No,  but I truly believe that this army is here to stay "mostly" and we'll get updated.

People disagreed with me about Wanderers and I believed they would get something. And it looks like they will. 

Besides, the dispossessed are more important to the story than even Wanderers and they are a god army( Grungni ).  

There's a chance you are right. Positive thoughts about GW are a bit hard today.

19 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

Well lads, I did it. I guess it’s time for me to join our kin in the skies. 

C64A629C-4936-4DE6-A363-CB4A76E261C1.jpeg

Both Grungni and GW have abandoned us, brother. Go for it. 

Honestly pissed I'm going to have to forego fluff and synergies to use warriors as guards and thunderers as handgunners or something. I really don't see why an army can't exist with multiple range unit options and such. Stormcast does it EN MASSE. Warriors have shieldwall, thunderers have dispossessed synergies, rend and mass shots compared to drakes. Wouldn't irondrakes clash with Grundstok thunderers more?

13 hours ago, Floom said:

Both Grungni and GW have abandoned us, brother. Go for it. 

Honestly pissed I'm going to have to forego fluff and synergies to use warriors as guards and thunderers as handgunners or something. I really don't see why an army can't exist with multiple range unit options and such. Stormcast does it EN MASSE. Warriors have shieldwall, thunderers have dispossessed synergies, rend and mass shots compared to drakes. Wouldn't irondrakes clash with Grundstok thunderers more?

Thunderers are a good proxy for Arkanaut Company, and Irondrakes for Grundstok Thunderers. GW should not complain about these proxies after this weekeind.

12 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Thunderers are a good proxy for Arkanaut Company, and Irondrakes for Grundstok Thunderers. GW should not complain about these proxies after this weekeind.

Proxy!?

no those aren’t proxies ,they’re only the older version of those units, of that Army when they all were a part of the great Dwarfen grudge kingdom, a time when grots were weedier, and our duardins made of sterner stuff.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Im with all those people selling their army,but i have a slim hope that some of those gonna be reboxed.

If all gonna be deleted finally then i gonna sell my army also.

I get people that want be positive and nobody like read negative comments but facts are facts: 4 years with dispossesed being the worst army of aos waiting for our battletome,then when we get it,it is only a 1\7 of tome and we get the 40%(4 of 10 units that we have) of our army deleted.

It is very easy to see because people are angry.

Myself started my order army 3 years ago and i am a very slow builder,so far in those 3 years i havent finished my army and i havent played any game with it,and now i can trash it because i wont cant use it.

Was a general order army:

Dragonlord

Archmague in horse

2 runelord

2 wardenkings

20 warriors

30 ironbreackers

20 irondrakes

2 gyrocopters

One fyreslayers starter sets + 10 vulkites berzerkers.

In those 3 years i have built almost all,but i had to finish the last 10 vulkites to get it done and then start to play with them.

Of course i could use warriors as proxy of longbeards but the dragonlord cant be proxy of magmadroth because it isnt even close,and archmague also cant be another runelord due to the horse.

Also my playgroup dont like proxy,i could use them but people dislike it.

Yes for my army isnt too much %. But as i said after years waiting to be compettive and then we get deleted units then it is a kick in the balls.

Oh and all those minis were 100% news from gw,i didnt buy nothing second hand,so it hurts more than per example after spend as 40 hours building my dragonlord,magneticing every option,green stufing every gap etc, then i havent used it in any game yet and now it is gone?

And also after see how wytches got new minis(dok),beast of khaos also got a tome with every mini and some new,goblins many new minis etc etc but when it is the dwarf turn what we get????? A tome with 7 armys togethers(all the leftovers) and the 40% of our army deleted.........really make me feel so betrayed by gw that i dont wanna buy nothing from them and i only want sell every gw mini that i have and go to other company that dont betray their customers

1 hour ago, prochuvi said:

Im with all those people selling their army,but i have a slim hope that some of those gonna be reboxed.

If all gonna be deleted finally then i gonna sell my army also.

I get people that want be positive and nobody like read negative comments but facts are facts: 4 years with dispossesed being the worst army of aos waiting for our battletome,then when we get it,it is only a 1\7 of tome and we get the 40%(4 of 10 units that we have) of our army deleted.

It is very easy to see because people are angry.

Myself started my order army 3 years ago and i am a very slow builder,so far in those 3 years i havent finished my army and i havent played any game with it,and now i can trash it because i wont cant use it.

Was a general order army:

Dragonlord

Archmague in horse

2 runelord

2 wardenkings

20 warriors

30 ironbreackers

20 irondrakes

2 gyrocopters

One fyreslayers starter sets + 10 vulkites berzerkers.

In those 3 years i have built almost all,but i had to finish the last 10 vulkites to get it done and then start to play with them.

Of course i could use warriors as proxy of longbeards but the dragonlord cant be proxy of magmadroth because it isnt even close,and archmague also cant be another runelord due to the horse.

Also my playgroup dont like proxy,i could use them but people dislike it.

Yes for my army isnt too much %. But as i said after years waiting to be compettive and then we get deleted units then it is a kick in the balls.

Oh and all those minis were 100% news from gw,i didnt buy nothing second hand,so it hurts more than per example after spend as 40 hours building my dragonlord,magneticing every option,green stufing every gap etc, then i havent used it in any game yet and now it is gone?

And also after see how wytches got new minis(dok),beast of khaos also got a tome with every mini and some new,goblins many new minis etc etc but when it is the dwarf turn what we get????? A tome with 7 armys togethers(all the leftovers) and the 40% of our army deleted.........really make me feel so betrayed by gw that i dont wanna buy nothing from them and i only want sell every gw mini that i have and go to other company that dont betray their customers

My friend I fully understand your frustration, your not the only on here!

(yeah I am too, since I really wanted to build an army of lion ranger which now is just a dream that will never come true)

as for the dragon lord, he is basically the perfect well replacement for any dark aelve lord on dragon if you dislike the dark theme.

the archmage, can easily be taken as an imperial magician.

Surely your friends will be so kind allowing you to proxy your units as exact similar and rulewise fitting units!

Ps: fully understand your frustration I myself am very unhappy, but you never know if there is something hidden, of which we know nothing of.

so before you start selling your who’ll army of to somebody, keep it till we know more and with more I mean till the books and the faq has been released.

• Like 2

Are we sure that Dispossessed are going to be semi-squated /absorbed by Cities of Sigmar?
I mean, all the models that are in Last Chance To Buy are old model.

The new ones that have a cohesive aesthetic are still part of AoS. The lore behind dipossessed is still advancing: they have Grugni doing something in Chamon, Grombrindal was redesigned for AoS (same hair btw!), some books like my favorite one (Eight Lamentation: Spear of Shadows), etc... I mean, everything seems to focus on keeping them and not just being a part  of the Cities of Sigmar battletome.

Of course I'm not saying that they will recieve a Battletome soon, but I'm really sure that they have better options than other armies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

D_6Ca3-XYAAtQox.jpg

Pretty sure :) 

Maybe you are right but imho, that's a confirmation that they are part of this Cities of Sigmar.
They are not "squated" per se (or end with being just some random units in a soup battletome) and I still think that GW can make a new Battletome and follow the same pattron of DoK to expand our classic stunties (into something less classic). 

Of course I don't have anything that can support that, but still, I want to believe!!!

11 minutes ago, Dammaz said:

Were and how did you get this info ?

After the Warhammer Community post about the Black Library books (AoS Gotrek book's, etc...) some GW artists started to post their own works ont heir ArtStations/Webs/blogs, etc...
Johan Grenier (that made the Cover Ghoulslayer) posted some characters and one of them catched my interest.

hh9DlgFnq6g.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Maybe you are right but imho, that's a confirmation that they are part of this Cities of Sigmar.
They are not "squated" per se (or end with being just some random units in a soup battletome) and I still think that GW can make a new Battletome and follow the same pattron of DoK to expand our classic stunties (into something less classic). 

Of course I don't have anything that can support that, but still, I want to believe!!!

After the Warhammer Community post about the Black Library books (AoS Gotrek book's, etc...) some GW artists started to post their own works ont heir ArtStations/Webs/blogs, etc...
Johan Grenier (that made the Cover Ghoulslayer) posted some characters and one of them catched my interest.

hh9DlgFnq6g.jpg

According to the article here this is a disk portrait for Blood of the Old World, the Realmslayer sequel: https://johan_g.artstation.com/projects/PmBo6n

Here are the disk portraits from the original Realmslayer:

60680281014_GotrekRealmslayerCD03.jpg

So Grombrindal (or a dwarf that looks a lot like him) will be appearing in the new Gotrek audiobook. Neat find, thanks! :D 

• LOVE IT! 3

LoN was just out when Nighthaunt got their book. I mean...do not close the door to possibilities cause of frustration.

Warrior, quarrelers and thunderers have an outdated "dwarf" style, not in line with the rest of the army and of the setting. Stop.

I own a ****** load of those, I'm sad but I understand that they had to go.

They are lovely models, put them in the cabin and go on with your hobby, be happy that you're going to have AT LEAST a viable way to play your dwarf cause I tried, we all tried, for YEARS to field them and lets be honest, this is our best shot BY FAR.

• Like 3

Cross posting from the Cities of Sigmar thread because it seems relevant to a lot of people:

Important news concerning recently axed units!

I'm not on the Facebooks, but a friend just sent me this:

LnMAoF0.jpg

It looks like the axed units will still be available to their parent factions, just not as part of Cities of Sigmar allegiance, your army has not been invalidated, and all of the units that didn't get discontinued are getting shiny new warscrolls. Business as usual, everybody wins I guess! 🥳

For dwarf artillery affectionados like myself, this means our Cities of Sigmar armies will still be able to ally in Cannons and Organ guns as part of the Blacksmoke Battery mercenary company.

Dwarf party!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

??????ni think you get it very wrong.

That means that those unit have been axed,wont be in the new book,and when he said that you can play it as dispossesed or wanderer its true as every other axed models have been,only UNTILL next general handbook where those axed unit gonna disapear and wont be playable at matched play anymore.

To sumarise:

Those axed unts:

Umplayable as citys of sigmar

Playable for one year(untill next general handbook) as old alegiances(wanderers,dispossesed etc)

After this year they gonna dissapear forever and wont be playable.

Great work from gw,i was waiting for a battletome to get white lions who i loved since age of reckoning game,phoenyx,cannons,quarrellers and thunderers(to complete my collection) and so.

Now im looking for people(in spain) to sell my army.i guess gw wont see my money again 

• Thanks 1

@Double MisfireI'm afraid prochuvi is probably right on this. The units are basically frozen in time now and will remain in their current form and be left behind eventually. Same situation as Brets and Tomb Kings.  You can probably still play them with the original points with some friends, but by next edition if there is one, they will be probably beyond weak and unplayable. This is not really time for a dwarf party, more like a funeral march into the Halls of the Ancestors. I'm still not sure how the artillery will work unless it's only for this current GHB as things are seeming to indicate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's a shame what happens here, but I'm surprised how the dwarfs handle it. Who really loves his dwarfs and feels like a dwarf does not give up. Write your grudges in the great books and fight for them. Show them that the dwarf people are not dying and still standing upright. We are here to stay. Not even death is powerful enough to erase the heritage of the dwarves from the world. Let them hear our war songs. Fire the cannons so their thunder reverberates in the Nottingham halls. Send the clans into the fight so they will never be forgotten. This is the only way to let their creators know that they are needed. That we want them. That we love them. Even if we only have one year for this.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

@Bombort @Double Misfire having warm fuzzy sentimental feelings towards dwarves doesn't change a thing. GW simply does. Not. Care. How do you expect us to handle 40% of our faction getting discontinued? It really irks me that people on this forum (not necessarily yourselves) are trying to defend GWs decision to do this as if what they are doing is okay and acceptable. We have been strung along and strung along on a false hope as players, it happened first with the fyreslayers fluff teaser giving us hope for our faction's future. Then with the GHB19 and the copy paste allegiances we were let down but persevered because at least there point changes and an incentive that our faction is still considered and that we are just waiting for our time. Then suddenly the warriors they just did points changes for are discontinued? What If I wanted to buy more warriors from GW in the next year? Oh wait I can't. The way GW have handled this has been nothing short of deceitful. First they said the discontinued units would be a 'handful', is 33 units across order a 'handful'? And they didn't even have the decency or the guts to give us advance warning or any reasons behind their decisions, they just decided to put everything on last chance to buy overnight on a Friday night and send out a crappy email on the Saturday morning with no article or anything to communicate to us.

What they should have done is taken notes from the 40k team and revamped the model line like they did with Chaos Space Marines. I think all of us here would have been happy to play warriors, thunderers etc with a new aesthetic and updated warscrolls. None of us would complain about a dwarf refresh.

The reality is we have been handed an expiry date of 1 year from now and have gone the way of the TK, Brets, Gitmobs. We are already weak as a faction and this decision to discontinue our warriors who were effective screens, our thunderers and artillery (signature and iconic dwarf units) and our Unforged are the final death bell for us as a faction. They will receive no warscroll updates and will be left behind while the rest of the AoS factions continue to gain more and more abilities on their warscrolls which are high synergistic with their allegiance abilities, battle traits and heroes.

I'm not normally a negative poster and you can search my post history to see that, but this one has really got me this time. We should be calling GW out on practices like this. I am already starting to see the cracks in 'new GW', at first WarCom was great but it has slowly become not just a marketing tool but something to caused people to panic buy. And they have done two price increases this year with some units receiving quite disproportionate price increases.

I'm sorry but I'm not prepared to spend £200+ on boxes of the more recent dwarves for my faction to continue to be relevant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Who said that the fluff teaser in the Fyreslayers book is not going to happen? It could be a whole new army, in which the old models just dont fit. I dont get, why so many people feel "betrayed". Do you feel betrayed when Volkswagen stops producing a version of the Golf? They can't produce the old models forever. And how should they have done the message better? If they made an announcement earlier, the models would have gone earlier. Maybe you think they could have made their announcement and keep producing the models for a while, but i think thats a bit naive. I dont know how the producing works, but i think its nothing you can easily keep going for a handfull of people that are realy buying these old models. Of course, you're right, when you say 34 units is more than a handful, but do you realy think they should have said "Hey, here is our new battletome. Enjoy it, but please be aware that we are squatting more than 10% of the entire order model range". Of course they couldn't do that. But i'm with you, they could have handled it more sensible. An expiry date of a year is better than squatting them just before the new handbook isn't it?

The faction of the Dispossesed have not been hit that hard, really. The warriors we have can easily be used as longbeards. For a long time, the longbeards had even been build out of this box. The cannons are a kick in the nuts, but they could not be fielded as dispossesed before without allying, so nothing new for us. And who knows, maybe we get a new cannon model, similar to those on the Greywater Artworks. Left over only one kit: The thunderers and quarrelers. This is really sad. All we can do here is take the models and field them as handgunners or crossbowmen. I know its not the same, but in fact the models where realy old and doesnt fit the size of the already existing models of dwarfs. If we expect a new Grungni faction, which by definition cant be called Dispossesed, the diference in sizes would be even bigger. 

I have been collecting dwarfs for more than a decade now. I am sad, that the model range is smaller now, too. But does all this crying now help? 

You said GW doesn't care. You're right. They don't care about the tears. But they care about our wallets. If people keep playing the dwarfs and all the store managers all over the world keep telling their bosses, if there are pictures and battle reports of dwarfes keep fighting, then we will finally get new models and a book for our own.  Call me optimistic, but i think its a better option than constant crying with random strangers. If people think, crying is better, than they should write mails to GW, where the crying could really help.

Edited by Bombort
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Zadolix said:

It really irks me that people on this forum (not necessarily yourselves) are trying to defend GWs decision to do this as if what they are doing is okay and acceptable

It really irks me people on this forum trying to convince others that the choice are unacceptable ;) Acceptable, unacceptable it's subjective.

My personal view on the decision aside. It's just having a different view of what the game needs to go forward. You could argue that everything that players invested in needs to stay, or you could argue a lot needs to go to make room for GW to produce new stuff. Again subjective and from a business point of view whatever choice they make they will lose some players who feel differently. But apparently GW thinks this is the way to go. 

(for the record, I do feel they should have thrown out a whole lot more during the transition instead of stringing it along. I do get the choice of dropping the dwarfs without Gromgril, I would probably but I do feel the timing is off. Unless you drop the new stuff real quick after the frustration is going to fester. That's the part I don't get. The best timeline they apparently could come up with was: reveal City tome, drop a bunch of models* and then first release a space marine codex which will take up all the room this week, and somewhere after that pre-orders for the tome and potentially showing new models. Reveal - axe - pre order and reveal' would have been much better in my mind)

*which kind of makes sense, would have been worse if they waited with that announcement

• Like 1

There are ways in which the Freeguild does resemble classic dwarves. We are slow, we rely on ranged firepower, we have units with shields and units with great weapons. Our generals don't do magic, they inspire our forces and if they are to stand their ground, they will be very painful. Great Companies work well to exact revenge on everyone coming near, and musicians and banners in our troups resemble the Disposessed counterpart. A general with Indomitable can bolster the saves of his troops, and artifacts also improve the troups instead of himself.

The problem is that Freeguild is not unaffected, we lost durability on the general, and we lost the war banner (which made our warriors more dwarf-like in bravery). We don't even know whether we'll keep the Great Companies or even our allegiance and its general traits and artifacts.

Fleeing from one old army to a different one is not the safest bet.

I would wait for CoS, if there is a city with Disposessed and Freeguild, with a good ability, warriors can easily be guards, and quarrelers/thunderers can easily be crossbowmen/thunderers, and you need not even put a human in the entire roster.

Plus, I think an Ironbreaker atop a Demigryph could look awesome as very heavy cav.

Maybe the Guard warscroll will be updated to allow for Duardin or Aelf as keyword, we simply do not know.

• Like 2

And on the bright side the 60% of our range still here is going to get a warscoll rework.  Shield wall, right now, is 90% the cause of our "slow" feel... You cannot run or charge the lads in order to reroll saves.

We can field gyrocopter and gyrobomber without alling them, same as steam tank, demigryph. 

One of the allegiance is going to have KO (or fyre, cannot remember) in without point restriction.

I'm not defending GW but dispossessed are the ppls who built the cities of Sigmar, I see only options gained for a small tabletop price: outdated models. Good models, nice models, "dwarfy" models. But outdated ;)

• Like 2

I’m trying to be optimistic but this cull was pretty hard hitting.

The way I see it now, the dispossessed are missing all their core troops.  I could see the unforged going tbh, and I was on the fence about the core unit kits, but the artillery was a blow.

I’m an optimist.  What I’m hoping, is that they’re just having a clear out of the old kits, and this book is a get you by, and then going forward they’ll bring out new kits.  I hope.  And I accept that that is a long shot. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1