Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

On 3/10/2019 at 5:12 PM, InSaint said:

I personally think one more Battleforce is a great addition. This will give you;

• 1 more cauldron kit to turn into a Bloodwrack Shrine which is an amazing spell-caster with plenty of mortal wounding capability
  • 2 more 5x Khinerai Heartrenders. 4x5 of them will provide fantastic board control, objective grabber and possible lone character assassination 
  • 5 more Melusai to form a squad of 10 which is a great size to deal enough damage and remain relevant from casualties 
  • 10 more Witches, self-explanatory

And if you want to be ultra competitive, Witch Aelves are universally powerful and equally comparable to Melusai in terms of offensive capabilities unless facing high saves target (2/3+ re-rolls 1) due to the sheer amount of attacks with re-rolls hit and wounds. Currently, the most powerful temple is Hag Narr with the 5+ FNP. Combined with Blessing of Khaine prayer, your opponent will be facing 100+ wounds at 4+/5++ re-rolls if played correctly.

DoK is a higher Tier army than SCE Sacrosanct. 20 Evocators with Gavriel alpha-strike will almost nearly wipe out 30 Witch Aelves but the point cost does not equate out. Just remember to wrap up your cauldron  with Witches for 3" buffer to prevent him from harming your general.

Thank you very much, already bought a second Battleforce:)

@Tel

I run HaggNarr, I like Draichi Ganeth but only for alpha strike list I am working on. 

Loadouts were :

Witches - bucklers, Sisters of Slaughter - sacrificial knives

Slaughter Queen - Iron Circlet, Blessing of Khaine 

Hags - Sacrament of Blood, Catechism of Murder

Medusa - Shadow Stone, Mindrazor. 

Does anyone have advice for painting a bunch of witch aelves quickly? They’re so small and spindly and fiddly.

4 hours ago, Selpharia said:

Does anyone have advice for painting a bunch of witch aelves quickly? They’re so small and spindly and fiddly.

There is an official tutorial at the Warhammer Community website.

I suggest painting in batches of 10 and alternating between other models to avoid insanity.

Yesterday I lost in Gyran to undead army...

This time to Neferata.

This is fourth loss in a row.

Can you give me advice how to play against Legions of Nagash?

14 hours ago, Valenae said:

Yesterday I lost in Gyran to undead army...

This time to Neferata.

This is fourth loss in a row.

Can you give me advice how to play against Legions of Nagash?

• Never play attrition against LoN, you will lose. Hit hard, score the objectives and move away if you are in danger.
  • Pace yourself to end the game on turn 3 or 4 within the allocated time-frame. 
  • Continuously threaten to try to snipe off his hero with Khinerais, Death is extremely hero-centric and this will force him to devote resources to bodyguard the heros.
  • Prioritize rending attacks against units that do not ignore rend.

Unfortunately DoK and LoN are on the same Tier so games are evenly matched so simple mistakes can easily cost you the game. You can't afford to rely on your fraction's ability to get away with mistakes. You need to remain persistent and meticulous with your game and wait for a mistake by your opponent to secure a victory.

Hi all, can I check can you use the slaughter queens orgy of slaughter command ability in the enemy hero phase? I thought you couldn't but I can't see why from the scroll

51 minutes ago, SireScott said:

Hi all, can I check can you use the slaughter queens orgy of slaughter command ability in the enemy hero phase? I thought you couldn't but I can't see why from the scroll

No. If a command ability doesn't say when it can be used. It can only be used in your hero phase. As per the rulebook, under the hero phase rules.