AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

27 minutes ago, ballstowall said:

I'm thinking about picking up DoK, however, I keep hearing people say they're op. Is there a way that I can make a toned down army list? I'm thinking about getting the battleforce box. In addition, I want to bring in dark elf allies for a more fluffy list, but won't have the money to do that until down the road. 

instead of going heavy on Witch Elves, you could try the Medusai units, theyre still powerful but arent op

1 hour ago, ballstowall said:

I'm thinking about picking up DoK, however, I keep hearing people say they're op. Is there a way that I can make a toned down army list? I'm thinking about getting the battleforce box. In addition, I want to bring in dark elf allies for a more fluffy list, but won't have the money to do that until down the road. 

Don’t play Hagg-Nar and you’re good basically.

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2019 at 3:58 AM, gelt said:

Hello everyone. Meanwhile, I apologize for how I write, English is not my language.
I look for tips for a 1000 pt of daugheter list to take to a tournament.
In this tournament we will be 10 players, scenarios will be:escalation core book, starstrike gh, total commitment gb.

i have christhmas battleforce  new to paste plus 2 hag queen, slaugheter queen, 50 old  witch aelves, Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood and 10 Doomfire Warlocks.

thanks for every comment.

i really need help. 

You can try this, pretty solid for a 1000pts with plenty of units with mobility  to hold and secure objectives.

• Bloodwrack Shrine - Steed of Shadows - Gryph Feather Charm
  • Hag Queen - Catechism of Murder
  • Hag Queen - Blessing of Khaine
  • Slaughter Queen - General - Sacrament of Blood
  • 20 Witches w shields
  • 10 Witches w dual daggers
  • 10 Witches w dual daggers
  • 5 Khinerai Heartrender
  • 5 Khinerai Heartrender

78 wounds, 2 dispels, 9 units

Just beware of turn 1a charge that can cause your 20 Witches to run w/o any spare CP to prevent battle-shock.

34 minutes ago, ballstowall said:

What about the witch elf variant, the sisters of slaughter iirc. Are they as over the top or are they a little more toned down? Also, if I got the battleforce box, what would be the best way of not min. maxing the units?

Please see start of thread -> http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/18324-daughters-of-khaine-witches-and-sisters/ 

SoS have their niche, their 6" pile-in makes opponents think twice before charging or piling in.

Just bought into DoK with two Battleforce boxes. Really excited to get building. My plan is to expand into a Temple nest battalion. What are players fears when it comes to GHB 2019 for us? I'm worried we are going to get nerfed into the ground. I didnt pick them up to kill hobby but I would still like to have one of the stronger armies for a change.

6 minutes ago, Black Blade said:

Just bought into DoK with two Battleforce boxes. Really excited to get building. My plan is to expand into a Temple nest battalion. What are players fears when it comes to GHB 2019 for us? I'm worried we are going to get nerfed into the ground. I didnt pick them up to kill hobby but I would still like to have one of the stronger armies for a change.

My hunch is that units that buff other units will go up in points, and we may see an adjustment to hag nar allegiance. Something as simple as wholly within would reign them in a little bit.

5 hours ago, InSaint said:

Puoi provare questo, piuttosto solido per 1000 punti con un sacco di unità con mobilità per mantenere e obiettivi sicuri.

• Bloodwrack Shrine - Steed of Shadows - Gryph Feather Charm
  • Hag Queen - Catechism of Murder
  • Hag Queen - Benedizione di Khaine
  • Slaughter Queen - General - Sacrament of Blood
  • 20 streghe w scudi
  • 10 streghe con doppi pugnali
  • 10 streghe con doppi pugnali
  • 5 Khinerai Heartrender
  • 5 Khinerai Heartrender

78 ferite, 2 dissipazioni, 9 unità

Fai attenzione alla carica del turno 1a che può far correre le tue 20 streghe senza alcun CP di riserva per prevenire lo shock da battaglia.

thanks for the comment.
Currently I tried this list twice and it worked well.

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine

Leaders
Bloodwrack Medusa (140)
- Lore of Shadows: Mindrazor
Hag Queen (60)
- Prayer: Sacrament of Blood
Slaughter Queen on Cauldron of Blood (330)
- General
- Trait: Devoted Desciples 
- Artefact: Iron Circlet 
- Prayer: Blessing of Khaine

Battleline
30 x Witch Aelves (270)
- Pairs of Sacrificial Knives
10 x Witch Aelves (100)
- Pairs of Sacrificial Knives

Units
5 x Khinerai Lifetakers (80)

But I have not had the chance to confront his weakness, that is to control the objectives, because I have always won at the second round by sweeping away the opposing army (slaanesh and skaven).
Tomorrow I have two games with the beasts of chaos that have many units and they evoke many others and I will try yours list in one  game.

If others  person want to give their contribution, I willingly listen.

Question about Sisters of Slaughter.

Can you have them wait outside 3" of an enemy without charging.

Then charge a different unit with something like Witch Aelves, choosing to activate them first.

The Sisters of Slaughter would be safe from retaliation because the enemy is outside 3" pile-in. But when you can activate next, you pile-in the Sisters 6" forward and attack the enemy that couldn't attack you.

Possible?

10 minutes ago, Lou_Cypher said:

Question about Sisters of Slaughter.

Can you have them wait outside 3" of an enemy without charging.

Then charge a different unit with something like Witch Aelves, choosing to activate them first.

The Sisters of Slaughter would be safe from retaliation because the enemy is outside 3" pile-in. But when you can activate next, you pile-in the Sisters 6" forward and attack the enemy that couldn't attack you.

Possible?

Yes, due to the wording on their warscroll. Note that some units in the game can pile in 6”, but can’t activate outside of 3”. SoS are a bit unique.

Ok so I finished 3rd in little tournament,won two games against SCE Sequitors list and Legion of Azeroth (maxed out scores) and Lost nailbitter against SCE Sequitors and Evocators list when I almost recovered from horrible,horrible deployment mistake.

It was also first test for my new build I am planning to bring to GT Heat 1 in March

Morathi

Slaughter Queen with Iron Circlet

2x Hag Queen

Bloodwrack Medusa 

30 Witches with pairs of knives

30 Witches with bucklers 

10 Witches

2x5 Lifetakers

Cauldron Guard

1A4D4948-7AAA-4B14-8C9D-15D9A888D5D1.jpeg

06024E23-EA4B-48DC-B536-C701104C649A.jpeg

A0CD42EE-C1C8-4852-A891-371810FFE97D.jpeg

1E5A5D47-7CC1-41E1-B1EF-733D9B6BA85F.jpeg

• Like 3

On 1/21/2019 at 6:17 AM, DantePQ said:

Ok so I finished 3rd in little tournament,won two games against SCE Sequitors list and Legion of Azeroth (maxed out scores) and Lost nailbitter against SCE Sequitors and Evocators list when I almost recovered from horrible,horrible deployment mistake.

Did evocators alpha strike took out your Cauldron or Hag Queen on the first turn?

I usually use 30 Witches to bubble wrap my entire army and the last 10 for an added layer to protect my Cauldron and Heros. 

Those guys are painful but if you can survive the initial onslaught, you can wipe them out the following turn. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, InSaint said:

Did evocators alpha strike took out your Cauldron or Hag Queen on the first turn?

I usually use 30 Witches to bubble wrap my entire army and the last 10 for an added layer to protect my Cauldron and Heros. 

Those guys are painful but if you can survive the initial onslaught, you can wipe them out the following turn. 

Yep, exactly that, I made bad mistake no to screen with Lifetakers, and I lost Slaughter Queen on Cauldron which was bad but then I got couple of chances to win the scenario but I couldn't kill Lord Castellant for like 3 turns of combat with Medusa and Lifetakers. 

Kharybdiss kinda sucks unfortunately, the warscroll doesn't have much going for it.  The Hydra can be used as a moderately tanky roadblock monster, though it's no stardrake or anything, but you could potentially use it as an anvil unit in some circumstances.  I've never felt a particular need to use one with DoK once they got their own battletome, but if I was going to mess around with either option it would certainly be the hydra.

Minor question but.... what's the main use of the Slaughter Troupe?

It allows units to retreat and still charge, sure. But Sisters of Slaughter can just retreat + run outside 3", and then pile-in 6" anyway.

And for the price of the battalion, you can get a few extra things instead.

Is it for less drops? Utility for the Heartrenders? 

9 minutes ago, Lou_Cypher said:

It allows units to retreat and still charge, sure. But Sisters of Slaughter can just retreat + run outside 3", and then pile-in 6" anyway.

The idea to flee and use their abilities to get back into combat never crossed my mind, but seems intriguing for a number of reasons. In any case, the benefits besides the obvious of fewer drops and an artefact and command point, is that it allows you to get some amazing distances out of those units that would otherwise be impossible. I imagine that would be very useful and catch people off guard.

2 hours ago, Lou_Cypher said:

Can I also add to @Mark Williams‘s comment that the extra charge move is also an extra average of 7 inches +movement. That extra mobility as a Skaven player (banners allow the same) has allowed me great extra movement shenanigans around blocking units but also more range to position myself the best way for the coming combat.