AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

2 hours ago, Jacek said:

Why take 2x Ironscale?

From what I see you can use CA only once per turn in your Hero phase?

Hmm that’s an interesting wording. Usually they say each unit can only be affected by the command ability once per phase, but this one right at the start states once per phase. Question for the faq team maybe?

Edited by Joseph Mackay

7 hours ago, Nuitari said:

Both are illegal, Stalkers are 140 pts so you are over 2000 pts.

Besides this I don’t like Hag in heavy snakes lists.

Thank for the note. I made I typo. There should be only 1 unit of stalkers. I've edited an original post. 

I've added hag, because of her ability to cast prayers, inluding the heart of fury and witch brew. 

3 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Hmm that’s an interesting wording. Usually they say each unit can only be affected by the command ability once per phase, but this one right at the start states once per phase. Question for the faq team maybe?

Yes, that how I read this too. Each of them can use this CA, but a unit can be affected only once by this ability per phase..... 

13 minutes ago, Shmaravoz said:

Yes, thats the intention. 

It may be intention but until FAQ shows up and corrects this - it clearly states it can be used once (there is nothing about onluy 1 unit having it once or that only one model can usi it once etc).

I know it's sad but that's what we get for now :(

• Sad 1

I just got the new battletome today and noticed that the wording of the Shadow Patrol battalion is different. It no longer has the "Once per battle round" or "more than 3" from any enemy models" sections. I think I must be reading this wrong because teleporting up to 6 units every turn, potentially out of combat, seem really strong.

This is the current wording:
"In your movement phase, instead of making a normal move with a unit from this battalion, you can say that it will navigate the shadowpaths. If you do so, remove that unit from the battlefield and set it up again anywhere on the battlefield more than 9" away from any enemy units."

I'm not a native speaker but doesn't the RAW enable each unit to teleport?

2 hours ago, Panacea said:

I just got the new battletome today and noticed that the wording of the Shadow Patrol battalion is different. It no longer has the "Once per battle round" or "more than 3" from any enemy models" sections. I think I must be reading this wrong because teleporting up to 6 units every turn, potentially out of combat, seem really strong.

This is the current wording:
"In your movement phase, instead of making a normal move with a unit from this battalion, you can say that it will navigate the shadowpaths. If you do so, remove that unit from the battlefield and set it up again anywhere on the battlefield more than 9" away from any enemy units."

I'm not a native speaker but doesn't the RAW enable each unit to teleport?

I just realized that you cannot make a normal move when within 3" of an enemy unit, so that solves that issue at least. But what do you guys think about the teleport?

11 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I don't see why, it seems pretty clear. It's the same wording as kroaks, you can use the CA once per hero phase. 

7 minutes ago, Blitzd said:

I don't see why, it seems pretty clear. It's the same wording as kroaks, you can use the CA once per hero phase. 

7 hours ago, Jacek said:

It may be intention but until FAQ shows up and corrects this - it clearly states it can be used once (there is nothing about onluy 1 unit having it once or that only one model can usi it once etc).

I know it's sad but that's what we get for now :(

6 hours ago, Milano said:

I agree with  @Jacek. This CA is used once per turn in your hero phase. I don‘t really see a need for further clarification of the rule.

I suggest sending it to the faq team just to make sure the wording isn’t a mistake. Currently the command ability is once per phase, you cant use it on multiple units and you can’t activate it from multiple Ironscales. The question here is was that the intention or was it supposed to be once per unit per phase like these things usually are?

15 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I suggest sending it to the faq team just to make sure the wording isn’t a mistake. Currently the command ability is once per phase, you cant use it on multiple units and you can’t activate it from multiple Ironscales. The question here is was that the intention or was it supposed to be once per unit per phase like these things usually are?

The wording has always been once per turn. And like I said, there is precident, at least with kroak, so I don't see why this isn't intended. 

Alright, quick battlereport. Just finished a few moments ago, so still very fresh in mind. She was running Nighthaunt. Olynder, Arkhan, one of those Coach thingies, and a bunch of those sword blender units. And a handful of other mooks.

I was running the following.

Temple:Khailibron

Ironscale:

General

Whisperdeath

Bloodwrack Shrine

Shadowstone

Mindrazer

20 Blood Sisters

15 Blood Sisters

10 Blood Stalkers

10 Blood Stalkers

5 Khinari Heartrenders

Bloodwrack Viper

Scathcoven

So, I kinda stomped that battle. It was Shifting Obectives. 2 drops, so I choose to go second. They deepstrike and advance to take all 3 objectives first turn, I rush forward and arrow down the sides to soften targets, while the middle gets the 20 with Mindrazer on them [luck there, just barely got the cast off without Arkhan's +2 to unbind stopping it] charge down the middle. I win all 3 flanks, enough to take all 3 objectives myself. No double turn, they buff up Arkhan and drop the rest of their army. Arkhan and Olynder charge into the buffed 20 [down a couple, but still have mindrazer which helps later]. The blenders [forget what they're called, bladeghiests maybe?] crash into the primary objective on one side. Hard. But the Stalkers there hold out, as do the ones on the other side. As for the middle...Arkhan and Olynder end up getting the unit down to 11, but Arkhan dies to they spears and Olynder to their Crystal Touch. The Coach on the other flank gets into the Stalkers, but they hold up too. My turn, I fail Mindrazer, but ironscale to launch the 15 untouched Sisters into the Coach flank. They get all of their models in range for their spears, for a nasty 46 attacks. At that point they call it, because I just have too much still on the board, and they don't really have enough to push me off.

Takeaways:

1] Don't underestimate the staying power of a big block of Melusai in a Scathcoven!!! 5+/6++ 2 wounds and ignore battleshock is hard to shift in big blocks.  Not at all the wet pieces of paper in my experience.

2] Even without Mindrazer, Blood Sisters hit hard. And with a little luck, getting it off is possible and at that point they can pump out a ton of wounds! And in big blocks, triggering their ability after battle ends with all of them is stronger total damage than during their attack with those in range. Sure, they can't stop attacks from hitting them back, but they can pick off small heroes that only got a few spears into them.

3] They didn't really have a great list for the Bloodwrack to help, and the Harpies weren't really helpful so they were held in reserve all game.

Honestly, I'm really happy with the list! Hits hard, can hold decently, and can threaten large chunks of the battlefield. Lots of fun!

• Like 1

Hey guys!

What's your take on Allies? I see myself considering one or two Allopex in a gunline list, the protection is strong with the net. Also thinking about a Cities of Sigmar Battlemage, adding another -1 debuff in Khaleibron or +2 run/charge for the Witches is never bad.

What do you think?

25 minutes ago, Peegee said:

Hey guys!

What's your take on Allies? I see myself considering one or two Allopex in a gunline list, the protection is strong with the net. Also thinking about a Cities of Sigmar Battlemage, adding another -1 debuff in Khaleibron or +2 run/charge for the Witches is never bad.

What do you think?

I was considering the same, I think 2 allopex would be a good addition

Would love to try something like that:

TEMPLE: KHAILEBRON

Leaders

Bloodwrack Shrine (160)

- General

- Command Trait: Mistress of Illusion

- Artefact: Whisperdeath

- Lore of Shadows: The Withering

Bloodwrack Shrine (160)

-Artefact: Soul Stone

- Lore of Shadows: Mindrazor

Bloodwrack Medusa (100)

- Lore of Shadows: Steed of Shadows

Ironscale Melusai (110)

Battleline

10 x Blood Stalkers (280)

15 x Blood Sisters (390)

15 x Blood Sisters (390)

Battalions

Scathcoven (140)

Allies

2 x Akhelian Allopex (220)

Total: 1990 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 1

Allies: 220 / 400

Edited by Peegee

9 hours ago, Panacea said:

I just realized that you cannot make a normal move when within 3" of an enemy unit, so that solves that issue at least. But what do you guys think about the teleport?

I suppose you can. Retreat is a normal move (but you can't charge later same turn - unless you are Khelt Nar :D )

Units starting a normal move within
3" of an enemy unit can either
remain stationary or retreat. If a unit
retreats, it can move within 3" of an
enemy, but must end the move more
than 3" from all enemy units.
Models
in a unit that retreats can’t shoot or
charge later in the same turn.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jacek said:

I suppose you can. Retreat is a normal move (but you can't charge later same turn - unless you are Khelt Nar :D )

Models

You can without counting as having retreated:)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jacek said:

Models

Thank you for the clarification. I'm new to this hobby 🙂

On 2/22/2021 at 11:02 AM, Joseph Mackay said:

The Slaughter Queen CA has the same wording by the way.  I checked the new Slaanesh tome for similar phrases and only Glutos has the same once per turn restriction, but obviously he's a unique character and doesn't run into the same issue.

I mentioned it in my FAQ email just in case.

• Thanks 1