AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

15 minutes ago, Thenord said:

Fine by me, but let's see what happens 🙂

Apparently it's just a wishlist. But I think 100 points is drastic. 

And we need something done to Khinerai. Every game I play them and every game I am disappointed by them. 

Only sometimes they secure an objective for a turn. 

Do you know if it's possible for them to make changes to profiles in the GHB? They could use more attacks and especially range due to the huuuge bases or more wounds. 

Hey! New poster here...

I've been collecting minis here and there for a few years now and finally have a chance to participate in a narrative campaign at my local shop. 

Starting at 600 points, I'm wondering if anyone could help me with a starter army? I have the Blood Coven box half assembled, and a box of doomfires, and wouldn't mind picking up some mesulai if that's at all workable. 

I'd really like to be able to rake the Medusa, on shrine or off. 

I was thinking Medusa General, doomfires, and two units of blood sisters?

17 hours ago, Xil said:

Apparently it's just a wishlist. But I think 100 points is drastic. 

And we need something done to Khinerai. Every game I play them and every game I am disappointed by them. 

Only sometimes they secure an objective for a turn. 

Do you know if it's possible for them to make changes to profiles in the GHB? They could use more attacks and especially range due to the huuuge bases or more wounds. 

Usually they dont make warscroll updates. Only one I think there's ever been was the nerf bat beating of KO thunderers in the first ghb. 

I really like my 2*5 heartrenders. Great for road blocking, objective grapping, harrasing lonely heroes or monsters and just keeping the opponent a little paranoid about the "deepstrike" 

On 6/10/2019 at 3:30 PM, Xil said:

Only sometimes they secure an objective for a turn

Local ‘meta’ always differs but they are always lifesavers for me. 

The flexibilty, the threat of dropping behind lines and how even 5 can string out to blockade quite a stretch is immensely valuable to me. 

On 6/9/2019 at 1:20 PM, Xil said:

How does a Bale wind Vortex affect Morathi and her doubled spell range? 

E. G. Arcane Bolt 18"*2+6=42" or is it (18+6)*2=48"

Sorry for quoting myself. 

I still don't know an answer 

Hi there!! I'm playing my first game with Daughters of Khaine today at 750 points. I would like to know if you would be so kind to help me, please. I would really appreciate it. I was thinking about a couple of lists:

List 1: (Hagg Nar)

- Hag Queen (General) (Command Trait, Artefact and Prayers yet to choose. Any advice?)

- Hag Queen

- 30 Witch Aelves (Pair of SK)

- 20 Witch Aelves (Pair of SK)

- 5 Khinerai Lifetakers

- 5 Khinerai Lifetakers

List 2: Same thing but taking away a unit of Lifetakers and adding 10 more Witch Aelves to the second unit.

Thank you so much in advance!

On 6/9/2019 at 12:20 PM, Xil said:

How does a Bale wind Vortex affect Morathi and her doubled spell range? 

E. G. Arcane Bolt 18"*2+6=42" or is it (18+6)*2=48"

You apply additive modifiers after any multiplication or division, so in this case you would be looking at a 42" Arcane Bolt.

(Page 6 of the AoS Core Rules Designers Commentary)

On 6/13/2019 at 12:49 AM, Chumphammer said:

Is there a DoK tactics vs set armies page anywhere?

IE how to deal with Skaven Tides/ Flesh eater court 

Unfortunately not but you can read about the general DoK strategies on the 1d4chan.org Wiki which are pretty accurate (and hilarious).

From there, you have to make out what tactic is most optimal against each faction's "cheese".

Take for example Morathi's Iron Heart of Khaine that allows her to only take up to a maximum of 3 wounds per turn  is particularly effective against the hallmark Flesh Eater Courts (FEC) Gristlegore Always Strike First Twice Abhorrent Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist which can output 20+ Mortal Wounds before anyone gets the chance to retaliate.

26 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

So official,

Witch Aleves 120pts
Hag Queen 90pts
Blood Sisters 140pts

Heart Renders going up but no cost shown

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/14/the-generals-handbook-2019-major-points-changesgw-homepage-post-2/

Witch Aelves and Hag Queen bump in cost was expected, but Blood Stalkers are still not worth it. Meh.

The only meaningful changes in terms list building are, taking min units of WE feels wasteful, and cutting some corners to keep the hag queens and possibly running lifetakers instead of heartrenders (maybe)

UNLESS WE also lost their horde bonus at which point SoS or Snakes are likely going to be better options.

Blood stalkers to 140 is a joke. They'd have to be 100pts before they'd be worth looking at.

8 minutes ago, Yokai said:

Witch Aelves and Hag Queen bump in cost was expected, but Blood Stalkers are still not worth it. Meh.

I'll take the price discount but honestly they need to be less than Blood Sisters to really be worth taking. Otherwise for now the same cost I can still just take Blood Sisters. If they make Blood Stalkers battleline then that's a whole new animal.

To be fair I think most of the other stuff in the book is pointed pretty fairly, a few things could maybe slide up or down 10-20 points, but to my eye it's only really the witches and hags which were particularly egregious.  I wonder if the Cauldron Hag will go up to match the infantry version?  It's already a pretty pricey unit and I rarely find space for one at 300 points really.

Blood Stalkers need a warscroll revamp more than a points change I think, I don't know if I'd even take them at 100 points in a competitive list!  Shame cos the models are lovely, and I've just finished painting up a squad, but hey, they can't all be winners I suppose.

The point changes don't fix the issue with Hagg Narr. They're just a sop to the ravening hordes on the web demanding points changes - but until GW fix the Hagg Narr battalion (which they could fix with an errata) things won't actually change.

For everyone's sake they need to encourage us DoK players to use other temples competitively.

Edited by zedatkinszed

3 minutes ago, zedatkinszed said:

The point changes don't fix the issue with Hagg Narr. They're just a sop to the ravening hordes on the web demanding points changes - but until GW fix the Hagg Narr battalion (which they could fix with an errata) things won't actually change.

For everyone's sake they need to encourage us DoK players to use other allegiances competitively.

...wat. First of all, Hagg Narr is a Temple ability, not a battalion. Secondly, it's honestly not that big of a deal without Blessing of Khaine on the unit. Thirdly, the reason you see Hagg Narr over anything else is because the army has no use for additional offense and gets a lot out of additional defense. If shooting gets better or HaggNarr gets nerfed it'll be 100% Khailebron all the time. ESPECIALLY when you consider that both Draichi and Kraith force you to take absurdly useless relics in an army that has terrible generic command traits but TERRIFIC general relics.

Finally, this is plenty. The average tournament list is going up  anywhere from a 130 to 250pts. It's enough that it likely pushes Morathi straight out of competitive contention (the how's and whys on that are a bit detailed but TL:DR she makes stuff hard to fit.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1