AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

12 minutes ago, Feii said:

Have they nerfed orgy of slaughter hard?  You cannot even pile in  and you can target only a unit that hasnt fought if Im reading it correctly so I dont know why would you use it. 

1. You use it in hero phase

2. Target unit that hasn't fought in that phase (meaning in hero phase) to not use it on single unit multiple times (seems like you can use it for multiple units)

3. You can pile in. Fight = pile in and attack

From core rule book:

If you pick a unit to fight, it first piles
in
, and then the models in the unit
must attack.

Edited by Jacek
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Bloodwrack medusa is pretty much the same bar 2 dispels now and 12" stare

for 160pts that shrines good. I think i am going to write a non Brood list 

She also goes from 2 to 3 attacks on her spear (the good attack)

the 4 whisper claw attacks now deal mortals on 6's to hit

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jhamslam said:

Nothing significant for Warlocks.

If they are in 5 models or above, they get +1 to casting unbinding and dispelling, so instead of 10 its 5

Doomfire (the spell) has also gone down from 18 to 12 range

they wound one better an all there attacks (crossbows, scimitars, horses)

Am i missing something with Morgwaeth and the blade coven?

They are 10 points cheaper than a normal hag queen.

and you get a hag queen plus a small unit that can soak wounds for her, or run off to do other things.

Only downside i can find is that they come with the hagg nar keyword (and you're properly hagg nar anyway)

Edited by Zarycks

Small things I noticed,
Too bad Kraith's ability only affects SoS. I love everything about the slot machine aspect of that temple, but I use mostly snakes.

Warlocks' spellcasting is worse. Doomfire is 12" down from 18" and they can ONLY cast mystic, bolt, and doomfire. Still, for 120 points...I dunno...

Blood Rites only affect melee now, so no more rerolling 1's for stalkers, unfortunately.

Lifetakers are better---when charging they add 1 to damage AND rend.

We have a ton of great artifacts. Thousand and One Blessings 5+ ward, iron circlet, blood sigil...(though shadowstone is only +1 cast now : ( )

Khelt Nar's global ability to retreat and charge might alone be worth using that temple. Plus, free Khinerai!

Mirror Dance is kind of amazing now. You can zap 2 heroes from anywhere TO anywhere.

I wonder about the CA in Hag Narr.  What is the point of spending 1CP to move the cauldron 3“. Just for the +1save bubble. Or to be closer to buff next time? Am I missing something? Sounds less great compared to other sects CA imho

Edit: Oh and no Battalions with Idoneth. I hoped so much for that. Guess you cant have it all 😅

Edited by Milano

4 minutes ago, Milano said:

I wonder about the CA in Hag Narr.  What is the point of spending 1CP to move the cauldron 3“. Just for the +1save bubble. Or to be closer to buff next time? Am I missing something? Sounds less great compared to other sects CA imho

Edit: Oh and no Battalions with Idoneth. I hoped so much for that. Guess you cant have it all 😅

Hagg Nars 5 up FNP is now wholly within 12. so if your cauldron wants to keep up

58 minutes ago, Zarycks said:

Am i missing something with Morgwaeth and the blade coven?

They are 10 points cheaper than a normal hag queen.

and you get a hag queen plus a small unit that can soak wounds for her, or run off to do other things.

Only downside i can find is that they come with the hagg nar keyword (and you're properly hagg nar anyway)

Yeah she cant take an artifact so cheaper. People have been saying this for named characters forever, they dont get command traits or artifacts so should be cheaper

• Like 1

I don't know what book you guys are looking at but this is a pretty massive nerf across the board. The point drops were necessary to keep us from being a joke army. We're now a stagnant, immobile bubble army that still has no meaningful ranged threats. It'll take you 3 turns to hit your enemies deployment zone with ANY buffs, let alone all of them and long bomb charges are out of the question because you'll lose 60% of your melee damage output getting that far away from your characters. It nerfed everything we were good at, gave us nothing in return, and didn't help any of the issues we had with shooting armies. We were better off not getting updated.

The temples are massively nerfed by being forced to take a relic. Every single relic inherent to the temples is a completely useless 'this character whose melee doesn't matter is slightly better (or slightly worse in the case of that stupid D6 mortal wounds relic). That means to get anything useful you HAVE to include a battalion, which sucks because they're all massively overpriced still. The additional temple benefits are mediocre across the board with significant nerfs to Hagg Narr and Khailebron (the teleport being a CA makes it largely useless and the new CT is completely useless).  Blood sisters are still terrible with the new Crystal gaze and are even worse losing their max unit discount. Witch Aelves now only get the bonus attack when WHOLLY WITHIN 12, which combined with the nerfs to witchbrew mean they're losing between 25-50% of their damage output on average.

Let's talk about the nerf to witchbrew. This kills the army outright. Being wholly within 12 means you'll only realistically get to use it once per game(unless you're just not charging ever, which considering the rest of the asinine 12" wholly within bubbles seems like our best option, honestly) and guess what? That once per game it's on a 4+ unless you're using massively nerfed Hagg Narr. So we're going to hit like wet noodles while ALSO losing 3/4ths of every unit to battleshock.

The buff to mindrazor and both bloodwracks is irrelevant because Teclis, LoC, Knight Incantor, Nagash, etc, still mean you'll never actually be able to cast it, even if you do somehow swing an 8 for the cast roll(WHICH IS EVEN HARDER BECAUSE THEY NERFED SHADOWSTONE FOR NO FETHING REASON!).  Also, wholly within which means you better be casting it on something in your deployment zone. Making the heroes cheaper didn't fix the issue with them being FAR too easy to snipe. The Ironscale is still mostly useless due to her +1 attack ability being impossible to use and her CA affecting a bad unit (blood sisters).

We now have 2 potential lists that could actually win games and one of them has literally 0 chance against any army that has even a small amount of shooting. 
You can take Morathi and a bunch of blood stalkers and hope shooting 80 shots per turn is enough(probably not after the totally unnecessary nerfs to our shooting).  Actually NOPE! The nerf to Khailebron TP means this doesn't really work anymore either. Hope you guys like camping! The other is camping 2 objectives wholly with 12 of a Hagg Narr Cauldron and not moving for 5 turns and hope that your opponent is stupid enough to charge into 5+5++5+++ -1 damage. Which is still worse that the equivalent strategy would have been before because now you have to take the stupid fething useless freaking stock relic so you get no chance to help your prayer chances without a relic.

TL: DR The book is bad and it should feel bad.

Edited by Fred1245
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1