AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

I’ve seen people mention on the forums that the Lord Castellant’s buff no longer heals on save rolls of 7+; this hasn’t been changed in the AoS app and I didn’t see it in my FAQ. Can someone tell me where this was updated? Maybe my FAQ is out of date. 

Edited by Lior'Lec
Grammar and clarification

28 minutes ago, Lior'Lec said:

I’ve seen people mention on the forums that the Lord Castellant’s buff no longer heals on save rolls of 7+; this hasn’t been changed in the AoS app and I didn’t see it in my FAQ. Can someone tell me where this was updated? Maybe my FAQ is out of date. 

there has been no recent change to the lantern or its functioning. Can you provide a reference to the forum posts which say otherwise?

That's neat, the Liberators in the upcoming StormGround game can give nearby allies a defense boost.

Fingers crossed 3.0 gives them a rework or even a Stormhost trait like that. Would make the good ol' Liberator a worthwhile take and fit the new plotline of the older Chambers being more defensive until stuff like the new armor units can punch holes in the chaos storms for safer reforging.

• Like 2

Fingers crossed 3.0 gives them a rework or even a Stormhost trait like that. Would make the good ol' Liberator a worthwhile take and fit the new plotline of the older Chambers being more defensive until stuff like the new armor units can punch holes in the chaos storms for safer reforging.

With the rumour that GW is getting rid of faction battalions, maybe abilities from certain battalions will be transfered to warscrolls.

Like Thunderhead Brotherhood letting Liberators boost Judicator defence getting turned into Liberators upping the defence of any unit near them.

Just an idea I had when I saw that post.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mojojojo101 said:

Just occurred to me might end up with chamber rules like Lumineth have rules for each section (Vanari, Alarith, Hurakan, etc) of their army.

Oh how much i would love that.

Our battletome is bloated with so much different entries, as such having some themed rules for each subpart of the army would greatly improve the book imho.

this is something that could clarify the synergies between units and create different and unique builds (sacro sanct chamber, extremis chamber, warrior chamber, vanguard...etc) centered arround specific heroes and abilities..... i could only dream of it, there's hope my friends.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PJetski said:

Kragnos warscroll mentions DRAKE keyword, probably a new Stormcast flying cavalry unit

I'm also expecting retroactive keywords on the Stardrake, dracoth cavalry, and probably stuff like the Mawcrushas too

edit: just saw that dracolines, stardrakes, and dracoths are named as separate keywords

Edited by CommissarRotke

On 5/9/2021 at 9:33 AM, PrimeElectrid said:

Yeah having spent A LOT of time looking for alternative SCE heads over the years, I have concluded that you have to make a compromise. Unfortunately most non GW Knight ranges are in 28mm scale and so well out of proportion. 

Starting with GW, you can file down the horns and symbols of some Chaos Warrior heads. I also think that the sisters of battle helmets would work well.

After that, Puppets War has some Knight heads that are clearly intended for Space Marines but might not turn out too sci fi. I’m going to get these and their Spartan heads so will let you know.

OP delivers.

The Spartan heads are a bit chunkier than the knight ones. 

D5B0B910-52A5-4DA1-AAC0-0EE84A426D2B.jpeg

401A8CBD-914B-4C1F-8E50-43CF2F2DEBE9.jpeg

F8115779-8DA5-4667-B978-5603E73535A6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, PJetski said:

Kragnos warscroll mentions DRAKE keyword, probably a new Stormcast flying cavalry unit

LORE SPOILER

@PJetski you were right . Morathi saying "that which we cannot kill we must redirect" refers to Kragnos in the Kroak Trailer.

Gardus, Kroak and Morathi Khaine redirect Kragnos and the waaagh from Excelsis

On 5/24/2021 at 12:51 PM, CommissarRotke said:

I'm also expecting retroactive keywords on the Stardrake, dracoth cavalry, and probably stuff like the Mawcrushas too

edit: just saw that dracolines, stardrakes, and dracoths are named as separate keywords

Most of those units desperately need full warscroll rewrites. The Stardrake has never really been as scary as it looked. The only time it was good was because of its defenses. Dracoths haven't been good since AoS 1.0 (especially with nerfing their breath attack and completely destroying Tempestors' usability). Fulminators don't really do anything and don't survive shooting attacks thanks to all the mortal wounds flying around, Concussors don't do enough damage to be the damage dealing unit and Desolators have always been stupid. Even during that two week period when Cities lists were using squads of 8.

Draconlines are fine...ish but are the armies third heavy cavalry unit so ultimately just act to crowd out other fast movers.

On 5/20/2021 at 11:40 PM, Harpo2 said:

With the rumour that GW is getting rid of faction battalions, maybe abilities from certain battalions will be transfered to warscrolls.

Like Thunderhead Brotherhood letting Liberators boost Judicator defence getting turned into Liberators upping the defence of any unit near them.

Just an idea I had when I saw that post.

don't they transfer battalion abilities into subfactions? 

IE  nighthaunt BR update no reason for them to buff warscrolls instead

2 hours ago, Fred1245 said:

Most of those units desperately need full warscroll rewrites. The Stardrake has never really been as scary as it looked. The only time it was good was because of its defenses. Dracoths haven't been good since AoS 1.0 (especially with nerfing their breath attack and completely destroying Tempestors' usability). Fulminators don't really do anything and don't survive shooting attacks thanks to all the mortal wounds flying around, Concussors don't do enough damage to be the damage dealing unit and Desolators have always been stupid. Even during that two week period when Cities lists were using squads of 8.

Draconlines are fine...ish but are the armies third heavy cavalry unit so ultimately just act to crowd out other fast movers.

I don't disagree with your overall point but I think Desolators are actually pretty good right now, especially in Astral Templar lists.

I've seen them used as a mobile and durable hammer unit in Anvilstrike lists too.

Edited by PJetski

33 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I don't disagree with your overall point but I think Desolators are actually pretty good right now, especially in Astral Templar lists.

I've seen them used as a mobile and durable hammer unit in Anvilstrike lists too.

While solid, neither of those builds are necessarily competitive and investing 600pts minimum in Desolators always leaves you vulnerable. Spending a quarter to a half of your points budget on a unit, only to watch its damage tank down to liberator levels, is never fun.

don't they transfer battalion abilities into subfactions? 

IE  nighthaunt BR update no reason for them to buff warscrolls instead

I did not know that since I don't play Nighthuant, though that does show that GW is willing to take ideas from battalions and use them else where.

16 hours ago, Fred1245 said:

While solid, neither of those builds are necessarily competitive and investing 600pts minimum in Desolators always leaves you vulnerable. Spending a quarter to a half of your points budget on a unit, only to watch its damage tank down to liberator levels, is never fun.

Most units in the game aren't "competitive" v:)v

Desolators are a good unit but theyre not meta defining. With a Castellant for +1 to saves they become a very good anvil & hammer unit simultaneously, which is something Stormcast otherwise lack 

My local club is throwing a fun “almost return to normality” 3 game event at the weekend. Strictly non-competitive, bring out your duds stuff. here’s my list:

- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (200)
- General
- Command Trait: We Cannot Fail - Artefact: God-forged Blade
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
- Mount Trait: Wind Runner
Lord-Castellant (120)

Knight-Incantor (120)
- Spell: Thundershock
Knight-Heraldor (100)

10 x Sequitors (240)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields - 5 x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Sequitors (120)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields - 3 x Stormsmite Greatmaces
10 x Evocators (420)
- 10 x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning
6 x Castigators (140)
10 x Sequitors (240)
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (90)
- 1 x Stormsurge Tridents

Extra Command Point (50) Everblaze Comet (100) Dais Arcanum (30) Celestian Vortex (30)

For a bit of fun I’ll be tracking:

* Number of Comets dropped

* Number of Sequitor units returned by Soul of the Stormhost

* Number of models the Castigators kill

Anyone feeling lucky and want to place some bets ahead of time?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

My local club is throwing a fun “almost return to normality” 3 game event at the weekend. Strictly non-competitive, bring out your duds stuff. here’s my list:

- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (200)
- General
- Command Trait: We Cannot Fail - Artefact: God-forged Blade
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
- Mount Trait: Wind Runner
Lord-Castellant (120)

Knight-Incantor (120)
- Spell: Thundershock
Knight-Heraldor (100)

10 x Sequitors (240)
5 x Sequitors (120)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields - 3 x Stormsmite Greatmaces
10 x Evocators (420)
- 10 x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning
6 x Castigators (140)
10 x Sequitors (240)
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (90)
- 1 x Stormsurge Tridents

Extra Command Point (50) Everblaze Comet (100) Dais Arcanum (30) Celestian Vortex (30)

For a bit of fun I’ll be tracking:

* Number of Comets dropped

* Number of Sequitor units returned by Soul of the Stormhost

* Number of models the Castigators kill

Anyone feeling lucky and want to place some bets ahead of time?

Nice list and very good event, like that!

Only thing I'll change is +1 incantor/exorcist -5sequitors, your spells really need one more caster for me.

Edited by baiardo

Okay! Lets go!
Yndrasta, the Celestial Spear - so a big centre piece. 
Lord-Imperatant - new lord on foot 
Knight-Arcanum - lord-arcanum junior? Maybe in some form of retinue? WHAT A AMAZING MASK 
Knight-Vexillor with Banner of Apotheosis - new banner for Vexillor ! 

Pretors- Bodyguard unit so maybe some sort of wound from heroes transfers 
Annihilators

Vindictors - BATTLINE WITH STANDARD INSIDE THEM! FINALLY 

and from other teaser:
CHARIOT OMG
Knight-Judicator - maybe he will buff normal judicators ? 

IM SO HYPED OMG 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Im the most hyped about Chariot! Always wanted it in my SCE armies! 

the chariot looks good overall, but those giant grpyh-hounds 😍

i'm wondering if the capes are built into the new models or if they'll be optional? i'm very glad these are knightly stormcast without a Bretonnia feel, but i am not great at painting caped models