AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

5 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Quick question for those with more knowledge: the new Gardus model, when he's wearing his mask can he pass as a normal Lord Celestant? I'm more of an Anvils kinda guy and I can't tell if there's any specific Hallowed Knight iconography on it. Thanks in advance. 

looks like he is on 50mm base while normal lc is on 40 mm so thats will be an issue 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Quick question for those with more knowledge: the new Gardus model, when he's wearing his mask can he pass as a normal Lord Celestant? I'm more of an Anvils kinda guy and I can't tell if there's any specific Hallowed Knight iconography on it. Thanks in advance. 

That is always allowed, mask or no. Only the most insane losers would make a stink about you playing him as a generic hero, and those aren't the kind of people you want to play with anyway. 

Feel free to use him however you like. :)

EDIT: Assuming the base size is the same, of course! :D

Edited by LordPrometheus
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

looks like he is on 50mm base while normal lc is on 40 mm so thats will be an issue 

Thanks for the quick response. That is an issue...

3 minutes ago, LordPrometheus said:

Only the most insane losers would make a stink about you playing him as a generic hero, and those aren't the kind of people you want to play with anyway. 

A very good point but unfortunately I love nothing better than attending tournies (including at Warhammer World) when the world's not broken. Most tournies are right sticklers when it comes to models and whatnot.  

2 minutes ago, lare2 said:

A very good point but unfortunately I love nothing better than attending tournies (including at Warhammer World) when the world's not broken. Most tournies are right sticklers when it comes to models and whatnot.  

I believe as long as you have the correct base size and make it very clear to your opponent what the model counts as, it should never be an issue. 

43 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Almost 100% guaranteed no you don’t, his new warscroll will come with a points increase so he can’t be taken as allies. Yet another Order unit nerfed because of Stormcast/Grand Alliance armies abusing something 

Kroak shouldn't be alliable anyway and probably shouldn't be 320 points. It's the sort of character that should be in the 500ish points range. 

If they do rewrite kroaks warscroll to bring it and his points more in line with his place in the lore than do we dare dream and hope the celestant prime gets the same treatment? they actually turn him into the army destroying force he's portrayed as. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mattrulesok said:

If they do rewrite kroaks warscroll to bring it and his points more in line with his place in the lore than do we dare dream and hope the celestant prime gets the same treatment? they actually turn him into the army destroying force he's portrayed as. 

Pretty sure at this point, we're stuck waiting for a new battletome for the new edition. 

12 minutes ago, Evantas said:

Pretty sure at this point, we're stuck waiting for a new battletome for the new edition. 

For sure and I don't think it's that far away but I'm just hoping they actually fully rewrite warscrolls in the new book not just add in the new chamber. 

2 hours ago, Mattrulesok said:

For sure and I don't think it's that far away but I'm just hoping they actually fully rewrite warscrolls in the new book not just add in the new chamber. 

Ya they had better, at most just 1 new unit and/or 1 new hero, then focus on revising the current scrolls. 

Just now, Evantas said:

Ya they had better, at most just 1 new unit and/or 1 new hero, then focus on revising the current scrolls. 

fingers crossed. I can't shake this image in my mind of Aos 5.0 where, thanks to power creep, Retributors are 70 points for 5 because their old-as warscroll is inline with other new chaff units.

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2021 at 9:40 PM, LordPrometheus said:

I believe as long as you have the correct base size and make it very clear to your opponent what the model counts as, it should never be an issue. 

TGA's been down all week for me. Just getting back on. Thanks for the pointers! Seen the rules for Hallowed Knights version... glad I don't play them. 

The problem is, he would be ok if he didn’t had the hallowed knights keyword on him. hallowed knights are one of the badest chambers ruleswise.

I really don’t understand why he has a 4+ save when all other Celestants have 3+? 

and really hoped that we maybe see a little bit of a hint to reworked Warscrolls, but this dudes warscroll looks like every other stormcast hero. Hope That we will really get  a new battletome soon, but I’m really pessimistic..

Edited by Erdemo86
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

The problem is, he would be ok if he didn’t had the hallowed knights keyword on him. hallowed knights are one of the badest chambers ruleswise.

I really don’t understand why he has a 4+ save when all other Celestants have 3+? 

and really hoped that we maybe see a little bit of a hint to reworked Warscrolls, but this dudes warscroll looks like every other stormcast hero. Hope That we will really get  a new battletome soon, but I’m really pessimistic..

Can you post or share a link of the warscroll please?

1 minute ago, Marcvs said:

Haha, I understand your point, is more human than stormcast rappresentative, still for me can be a good support hero.

Sure thing we cannot have a great change in stats in the next book.

19 minutes ago, baiardo said:

Can you post or share a link of the warscroll please?

The 5+ FNP is to mortals only, so with a 4+ save and only 5 wounds, he's still gonna die to most things he'll charge into. He also loses the attacks on charge bonus compared to the vanilla celestant. The fact you need to run Hallowed Knights to use him as well is another big yikes.

This is the first time my hope in 3.0 reinvigorating SCE has faltered. I'm worried we're stuck for the next 2-3 years.

Edit: Also he's on a bigger base compared to the vanilla celestant. Surely that'd justify making him tougher than the original, and worth more than 110 points.

Edited by RedemptionUK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RedemptionUK said:

The 5+ FNP is to mortals only, so with a 4+ save and only 5 wounds, he's still gonna die to most things he'll charge into. He also loses the attacks on charge bonus compared to the vanilla celestant. The fact you need to run Hallowed Knights to use him as well is another big yikes.

This is the first time my hope in 3.0 reinvigorating SCE has faltered. I'm worried we're stuck for the next 2-3 years.

Edit: Also he's on a bigger base compared to the vanilla celestant. Surely that'd justify making him tougher than the original, and worth more than 110 points.

Yeah completely agree with only fnp and only Hallowed knights restrictions. That's sad 🤣

At this point my "hopes" is that they'll rewrite battalions/stormhost

Edited by baiardo

He is complete trash. 
Sv 4+ ?? LOL
Hits like wet nuddles 
His fnp is only for mortal wounds xD
CA is the same as normal LC so useless
His one per game ability only works on heroes xDDDDDDDDDDDD 

Complete garbage. I think im done with this game... 

• Like 1