AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Featherfoe Torc

This torc strikes primal fear into winged enemies.

Re-roll successful hit rolls for attacks that target the bearer made by models that can fly.

I am thinking of using it in my next match against nighthaunt. I can't wait to see my opponent's face.

On 3/6/2021 at 5:48 PM, Juicy said:

The list works like this.

drop stormkeep patrol battalion

frontline 20 judicators behind that the liberators. Spend cp for the judicators to shoot 16 xbows and 4 big guns. Then either translocate/knight vexillor to another spot and shoot again in shooting fase. Or shoot again in the shooting fase without teleporting. But then i have to grab the gryphounds and run them before the judicators to protect them from melee. 
judicators do around 16 damage vs 4 plus armour save and around 16 mortals to units with 6plus units. 

vs that ironjaw list you shoot the xbows into the mawcrusha and the special guns into the ardboys/brutes. If they have a screen you nuke that in the hero fase and teleport the unit in range after you wipe that screen. Deploy all dogs in a way so he cannot deploy his mawcrushas in a good way. Mawcrushas got a big base so you could really prevent atleast 1 but if you play with enougj terrein you can prevent 2 from getting to you. Remember your 2 solo dogs. Els sacrifice your small units or small heroes( not lord castellant).  Keep your big block of liberators in a way so his units charge in a point where your big hammers are. 

pigs are anoying but if he goes with that 5 flat damage mawcrusha you want to truck him first. Keep a cp around for battleshock. Gryphounds are super strong against the mawcrusha because he has to attack them first els they dart around him

So i finally got my "Ven Brecht Black Watch" box and tinkered myself the following list. It is a combination of your list and the one of cinderfall gaming youtube channel. I just love the look of combined arms from CoS, SCE and the Shadowstalkers and the 12 dog-strong unit of Gryphhounds sounds interesting too.:)

The loss of the CPs from the batallion and 2 more drops in exchange of more Gryphhounds and Shadowstalkers sounds okay to me. My orruk opponent normaly has more than 5 drops, so going first should not be a problem.

I am looking forward to testing it out. Maybe on the weekend.:)

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer (Stormkeep)

Leaders
Keiser ven Brecht (110)
Lord-Veritant
- General
- Command Trait: Deathly Aura
- Artefact: Soulthief
- Prayer: Translocation
Lord-Castellant (120)
- Mystic Light (Artefact): Lantern of the Tempest
Knight-Vexillor (110)
- Pennant of the Stormbringer

Battleline
10 x Freeguild Guard (80)
- Swords and Shields
20 x Judicators (560)
- Boltstorm Crossbows
- 4x Thunderbolt Crossbows
30 x Liberators (480)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 6x Grandhammers

Units
9 x Khainite Shadowstalkers (100)
- Allies
12 x Gryph-Hounds (240)

Battalions
Stormkeep Patrol (130)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 100 / 400
Wounds: 172

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Archibald said:

So i finally got my "Ven Brecht Black Watch" box and tinkered myself the following list. It is a combination of your list and the one of cinderfall gaming youtube channel. I just love the look of combined arms from CoS, SCE and the Shadowstalkers and the 12 dog-strong unit of Gryphhounds sounds interesting too.:)

The loss of the CPs from the batallion and 2 more drops in exchange of more Gryphhounds and Shadowstalkers sounds okay to me. My orruk opponent normaly has more than 5 drops, so going first should not be a problem.

I am looking forward to testing it out. Maybe on the weekend.:)

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer (Stormkeep)

Leaders
Keiser ven Brecht (110)
Lord-Veritant
- General
- Command Trait: Deathly Aura
- Artefact: Soulthief
- Prayer: Translocation
Lord-Castellant (120)
- Mystic Light (Artefact): Lantern of the Tempest
Knight-Vexillor (110)
- Pennant of the Stormbringer

Battleline
10 x Freeguild Guard (80)
- Swords and Shields
20 x Judicators (560)
- Boltstorm Crossbows
- 4x Thunderbolt Crossbows
30 x Liberators (480)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 6x Grandhammers

Units
9 x Khainite Shadowstalkers (100)
- Allies
12 x Gryph-Hounds (240)

Battalions
Stormkeep Patrol (130)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1980 / 2000C

Cool stuff! let me know how it goes! 

Trying to understand something RE Stormkeep and the Shield of Civilisation ability.

If I go first and use translocation to set up my liberators 9" from the enemy, I understand they dont get the +1 to hit and save buff as they were set up in my turn.

However once its my opponent's turn, are the liberators now buffed because they didnt move that turn? OR can they only get that buff once they havnt moved/been set up in my turn? As in, I would have to wait until my next turn and not move them in order to get the buffs?

Also, it appears if they dont move in my turn the buff activates, and will stay up even if I make a charge later in the same turn. Is that correct?

3 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Trying to understand something RE Stormkeep and the Shield of Civilisation ability.

If I go first and use translocation to set up my liberators 9" from the enemy, I understand they dont get the +1 to hit and save buff as they were set up in my turn.

However once its my opponent's turn, are the liberators now buffed because they didnt move that turn? OR can they only get that buff once they havnt moved/been set up in my turn? As in, I would have to wait until my next turn and not move them in order to get the buffs?

Also, it appears if they dont move in my turn the buff activates, and will stay up even if I make a charge later in the same turn. Is that correct?

The buff goes off if they didn't move in the movement phase, so you can translocate/knight vexillor in the hero phase and still get the buff in the same turn. 
Charging and pile-ins don't affect the buff either.

Edited by Archibald

5 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

I have the same question. In the first turn if you opponent goes first are the liberators taking the buff? I didn't have a movement phase so I didn't need to move my Libs. To my knowledge the Libs don'ht have +1 to save & hit. It is similar to the ability of vanguard when you play the Anvils stormhost which has been errata-ed. The vanguard are not supposed to be taken as they didn't move in the Hero Phase since that phase did not appear and you didn't have the ability to move them.

14 minutes ago, Thanos-se said:

I have the same question. In the first turn if you opponent goes first are the liberators taking the buff? I didn't have a movement phase so I didn't need to move my Libs. To my knowledge the Libs don'ht have +1 to save & hit. It is similar to the ability of vanguard when you play the Anvils stormhost which has been errata-ed. The vanguard are not supposed to be taken as they didn't move in the Hero Phase since that phase did not appear and you didn't have the ability to move them.

For the liberators the rule explicitly says that you have to activate the shield in your movement phase, so if the enemy goes first you don't get it.

2 hours ago, Archibald said:

The buff goes off if they didn't move in the movement phase, so you can translocate/knight vexillor in the hero phase and still get the buff in the same turn.

The vexillor teleportation happens in the movement phase, so it stops you from activating the shield of civilisation

21 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Lmao LRL just got a unit that either auto hits and wounds on 2s for -1 1 damage

or  acts as Stormcast Decimators with Mortal wounds on 5+

And battleline

you sure they are battleline?

in any case, they look pretty bad at the moment. Waiting for the rest of the rules but unless you are expecting a magic-heavy meta (or you are able to consistently catch those dwarf-filled skyvessels), why would you take these guys over wardens?

decimators are still bad, ofc.

4 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

you sure they are battleline?

in any case, they look pretty bad at the moment. Waiting for the rest of the rules but unless you are expecting a magic-heavy meta (or you are able to consistently catch those dwarf-filled skyvessels), why would you take these guys over wardens?

decimators are still bad, ofc.

I assume its battleline cus darn near everything in that tome on 2 legs already is.

Because 5-10 (depending on unit size) auto hits wounding on 2s and -2 rend  is amazing. 

The ability to charge into a 10 man unit, get 3-5 attacks a Bladeguard and do Mortal wounds on 6s or 5s if you empowered is basically amazing and better than decimators. They miss out on -1 rend but with 5s doing MWs, who cares

It makes em really flexible against both hordes and more elite units, something our paladins dont do well

As for KO i fully expect their points to go up and the nerf in coming saying you cant take faction specific spells

Edited by jhamslam

4 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

The ability to charge into a 10 man unit, get 3-5 attacks a Bladeguard and do Mortal wounds on 6s or 5s if you empowered is basically amazing and better than decimators. They miss out on -1 rend but with 5s doing MWs, who cares

using the auto hit profile 10 of these guys will do around 7 damage to a 4+ save and will probably cost somewhere around 240 points (I assume they can't get MW on this profile). 5 sequitor great maces with empowered weapons do the same damage, before you add the small maces.

so the only actually relevant profile is the second which is of course highly dependent on how many models they will have within 2". If they get on average 2 attacks and do MW on 6s, we're talking of 6 damage vs 4+ save. If they get more attacks and/or power of hysh they finally pull ahead of 5 great maces. Against hordes they are amazing but LRL already have dawnriders who do that perfectly and are much faster.

So yeah, sad that they stole the Decimator shtick, but for the rest, I don't see them being very present in LRL armies based on the rules we've seen so far.

2 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

using the auto hit profile 10 of these guys will do around 7 damage to a 4+ save and will probably cost somewhere around 240 points (I assume they can't get MW on this profile). 5 sequitor great maces with empowered weapons do the same damage, before you add the small maces.

so the only actually relevant profile is the second which is of course highly dependent on how many models they will have within 2". If they get on average 2 attacks and do MW on 6s, we're talking of 6 damage vs 4+ save. If they get more attacks and/or power of hysh they finally pull ahead of 5 great maces. Against hordes they are amazing but LRL already have dawnriders who do that perfectly and are much faster.

So yeah, sad that they stole the Decimator shtick, but for the rest, I don't see them being very present in LRL armies based on the rules we've seen so far.

The Sequitor empowered combo is also a 330 point combo as opposed to 240-260 here, so its just a more efficient use of their points. Plus they get their little crystal meth boost, cathaller, 5+ FNP what have you

Edited by jhamslam

Just now, jhamslam said:

The Sequitor empowered combo is also a 340 point combo as opposed to 240-260 here, so its just a more efficient use of their points. Plus they get their little crystal meth boost, cathaller, 5+ FNP what have you

uh no, just 10 sequitors (240 points) using their own native reroll to hit. The rest of things you are adding for Lumineth is either a one-off or other buff pieces.

I am NOT saying that SCE are better, just that these guys will not have a place in LRL armies

34 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

uh no, just 10 sequitors (240 points) using their own native reroll to hit. The rest of things you are adding for Lumineth is either a one-off or other buff pieces.

I am NOT saying that SCE are better, just that these guys will not have a place in LRL armies

Itll depend on the points, i can see more offensive LRL generals using these guys. Or something of a 10 warden, 10 Bladelord, 10 Sentinel split for a TAC list

19 hours ago, jhamslam said:

Lmao LRL just got a unit that either auto hits and wounds on 2s for -1 1 damage

or  acts as Stormcast Decimators with Mortal wounds on 5+

And battleline

That's the same inflated BS we had/ have to endure regarding Evocators and how Sequitors are so op and omg Longstrikes and lalalala. Don't you realize you use the same bigotry you so despise when someone else does it regarding YOUR army? Plus half your arguments are halfbaked at best, we don't know if they are BL, we don't know their points, we don't know if they get sunmetal at all (and for 5+ they have to cast and not be unbound).

I'm not a mod and have no authority over what and how you write, but please revise that stuff and take a breath and think what you'd think if it hit your army.

PS: No, i don't even play LRL :P

3 hours ago, Lucur said:

That's the same inflated BS we had/ have to endure regarding Evocators and how Sequitors are so op and omg Longstrikes and lalalala. Don't you realize you use the same bigotry you so despise when someone else does it regarding YOUR army? Plus half your arguments are halfbaked at best, we don't know if they are BL, we don't know their points, we don't know if they get sunmetal at all (and for 5+ they have to cast and not be unbound).

I'm not a mod and have no authority over what and how you write, but please revise that stuff and take a breath and think what you'd think if it hit your army.

Lmao "bigotry" 🤣🤣 thanks for letting me know not to take you seriously

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lucur said:

apart from being "a bit much" in terms of indignation compared to the original post (which was basically a sad laugh over Decimators) your pushback also has the same risk of being "half baked": maybe these things WILL be over the top and over powered once we have the full picture ;) (I mean, just today we discovered that their terrain piece gives them 10 free CPs) I mean, it has happened for real in the past, it can happen again

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:

apart from being "a bit much" in terms of indignation compared to the original post (which was basically a sad laugh over Decimators) your pushback also has the same risk of being "half baked": maybe these things WILL be over the top and over powered once we have the full picture ;) (I mean, just today we discovered that their terrain piece gives them 10 free CPs) I mean, it has happened for real in the past, it can happen again

That's hyperbole for ya :P

I also didn't say it won't be overly strong, just that we don't know yet (or didn't know at that point, yeah the shrine seems a bit much). Okay maybe i was a bit too over the top in my choice of words.

Still my point is, i get mad when people tell me how evocators are op while they stomp my army. Not because their book is better, i play warhammer for long enough to know that rules and powerlevel rise and fall. It's the entitlement that annoys me. And from there i don't get how we as SCE players, who suffer from that behavior since day 1 of AoS, turn around and point the same finger at others. Maybe i get old or have a sentimental phase...

New lumineth Ballista is ....something

100 points 

2 attacks 3+ 3+ -2 d3 damage - 30 inch range

+1 attack if it didnt move

5Ws, 5+ save, 6 up FNP

+1 to hit if a friendly hero is within 24 of an enemy and within 24 of a ballista 

On the bright side, ally these in with the ordinator seems good. We can get 4 of these

Edited by jhamslam

10 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

New lumineth Ballista is ....something

100 points 

2 attacks 3+ 3+ -2 d3 damage - 30 inch range

+1 attack if it didnt move

5Ws, 5+ save, 6 up FNP

+1 to hit if a friendly hero is within 24 of an enemy and within 24 of a ballista 

ooof

this doesn't look like much either, I mean for killing heroes sentinels remain sooo much better, and against unit the max damage of this thing is too low to be useful (we're talking of 2 damage vs 4+ save counting the +1 attack, and 2.8 with the +1 to hit on top of 3 attacks). if this is all, there's not much to see here

2 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

this doesn't look like much either, I mean for killing heroes sentinels remain sooo much better, and against unit the max damage of this thing is too low to be useful (we're talking of 2 damage vs 4+ save counting the +1 attack, and 2.8 with the +1 to hit on top of 3 attacks). if this is all, there's not much to see here

Perhaps, but how does it compare to other artillery in the same points range? Its a good troop clearer. It also gets an aetherquartz boost
Their lord regent i think can give the ballistas Mortal wounds.

He s a 150 point guy with -1 to hit natively and a spell that gives d3 LRL things Mortal wounds on 5s.

Edited by jhamslam