AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

32 minutes ago, schwabbele said:

This got me curious and I started looking around.

So I didn't find him but I found this:

https://github.com/BSData/warhammer-age-of-sigmar/pull/1101/commits

Looks like he is hidden somewhere in the Fyreslayers, so as soon as this change is available in the datafiles you should be able to add Fyreslayers to SCE as allies and then add Gortrek.

Gotrek belongs to the Duardin faction. He has a special rule that allows you to ally him in any order army regardless of points allowed for allies.

20 minutes ago, Mark Williams said:

Gotrek belongs to the Duardin faction. He has a special rule that allows you to ally him in any order army regardless of points allowed for allies.

Yeah but check the commit here: https://github.com/BSData/warhammer-age-of-sigmar/pull/1101/commits/9cff8cae9aa925b065297c3969794ac37c1b3b9e

he is in the Fyreslayer.cat file and there is no Duardin in Battlescribe to select from only "Dwarfes" . 

54 minutes ago, schwabbele said:

Yeah but check the commit here: https://github.com/BSData/warhammer-age-of-sigmar/pull/1101/commits/9cff8cae9aa925b065297c3969794ac37c1b3b9e

he is in the Fyreslayer.cat file and there is no Duardin in Battlescribe to select from only "Dwarfes" . 

Maybe they didn't want to create a whole new file just for one character, and they felt like that was the easiest spot to put him where it would make the most sense. Gotrek is technically an ex-Fyreslayer who is now a slayer, but slayers by the lore are basically outcast and on a death quest. They are only forgiven after death. So basically "living" Gotrek can never be a Fyreslayer.

There isn't currently a faction that exists that Gotrek can belong to, so he's just an ally to all order.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nizrah said:

What roster would you pick? I have incoming 1250 GT and i except only good and maxed rosters.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Leaders
Knight-Azyros (100)
Knight-Incantor (140)
- General
- Trait: Deathly Aura
- Artefact: Stormrage Blade
- Spell: Chain Lightning

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (340)
10 x Evocators (440)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Quicksilver Swords (30)

Total: 1250 / 1250
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 72

- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Leaders
Knight-Azyros (100)
- Artefact: Soulthief
Lord-Veritant (120)
- General
- Trait: Deathly Aura
- Prayer: Translocation

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (510)
5 x Evocators (220)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)

Total: 1250 / 1250
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 76

I'd probably go with list #2. I'd expect the 3 extra Longstrikes and Aetherwings will be extremely helpful in every game, whereas the extra 5 Evocators in the first list may be helpful, but will be more limited in their ability to influence the game due to their lack of mobility once you've dropped them.

On 10/31/2019 at 5:05 PM, rockmanko said:

the new Christmas SCE Battleforce catch my eyes!

Can anyone give me some advise how should I build a starter army with the new boxset?

My initial thoughts is to get a Arcanum(On Gryph-charger I guess) as general so I could have Sequitors battle line

Leader

Arcanum(On Gryph-charger) 220

Heraldor 100

Castellant 120

Celestant (on foot) 100

Battleline

Sequitors x10 260

Sequitors x5 130

Sequitors x5 130

Units

Evoactors x5 220

Evocators on Monstrous x3 300

Evocators on Monstrous x3 300

Total 1880 so far

Is the list ok?

image.png.c12d3e12ae84f08cf5dccc2e04bf8119.png

So this is my updated list preparing for the Christmas Bundle

I know this is not anything new, but there's a few question would like to ask:

(1) seems I have nothing to shoot (only thunder blast from Heraldor), is it an issue?

(2) Should I split the 6 Evo on Drac instead?

(3) any artifact / scroll recommendation?

Thanks! and I am so looking forward to build my first AOS army this Christmas!

8 minutes ago, rockmanko said:

So this is my updated list preparing for the Christmas Bundle

You want to use a Lord Arcanum on Draco instead of Astreia and Celestial Vindicators Stormhost, and take the Pride Leader mount trait for your maximum Draco buffs.

Splitting or not is a good question, getting all 6 of them into combat is not easy, they are rather large, however you will most likely kill the unit - if i remember correctly up to 74 damage from 6.

Having 2 units, where one will be buffed can still do damage, and the other one can zip around and help out somewhere or contest an objective.

No shooting will hurt. Maybe 1 unit of Raptors with Longstrikes and 1 unit of Aetherwings (both in 1 box ).

20 minutes ago, schwabbele said:

You want to use a Lord Arcanum on Draco instead of Astreia and Celestial Vindicators Stormhost, and take the Pride Leader mount trait for your maximum Draco buffs.

Splitting or not is a good question, getting all 6 of them into combat is not easy, they are rather large, however you will most likely kill the unit - if i remember correctly up to 74 damage from 6.

Having 2 units, where one will be buffed can still do damage, and the other one can zip around and help out somewhere or contest an objective.

No shooting will hurt. Maybe 1 unit of Raptors with Longstrikes and 1 unit of Aetherwings (both in 1 box ).

Thanks for the input.

So should I just cross out the Cleansing Phalanx?

3 minutes ago, rockmanko said:

So should I just cross out the Cleansing Phalanx?

Most likely yes, if you axe the Celestant and Phalanx you have 220 points open which - funnily - would be enough for the raptors and aetherwings .

Or could also axe the 5er Evo's and still run a Phalanx with split Draco's and shooting.

But don't overthink it too much in the beginning, and don't be afraid to test stuff out on your own.

1 minute ago, schwabbele said:

Most likely yes, if you axe the Celestant and Phalanx you have 220 points open which - funnily - would be enough for the raptors and aetherwings .

Or could also axe the 5er Evo's and still run a Phalanx with split Draco's and shooting.

But don't overthink it too much in the beginning, and don't be afraid to test stuff out on your own.

Great!Really appreciate your kind help!

Still >1 month to Christmas though

I just finished my first 10 sequitors, and moving to Castellant/Heraldor..

also bought a Astreia though, but I think can test her with both role

I'd also vote against the phalanx. With that you want the Evocators to stick around the Sequitos to buff them. Dracolines want to use that move to get to where it hurts. And i'd recommend to use Astreia as a vanilla Lord Arcanum, you'll lose out on command trait and her CA isn't that great (outside of cleansing phalanx), as well as her spell.

Since the release of the General's Handbook, I've played nothing but Meeting Engagements. I think it's a great format - it's quick, so I can get a game done in a week night with a friend easily. And it still feels very much like Warhammer. But I don't see a lot of discussion here around this format.
For those of you who are unfamiliar Meeting Engagements is a four-turn game mode played with 1000 point armies. These aremies are split into three groups, or contingents - your spearhead, your main body, and your rearguard. These groups come in over three turns - usually in that order, but some scenarios mix it up. Sometimes you start with only your Celestar Ballista in your rear guard out on the field first.
For Stormcast Eternals, some of the more obvious drawbacks of the army are magnified in this game mode. Our model count is really low, and with large bases it's hard to get a good charge in, or compete for objectives. And with only 1000 points, it's hard to cover all the bases.
The rules for reserve units interact in interesting ways with how these contingents are deployed, which is at the start of the battle, and then at the end of movement phases over the subsequent turns. Instead of setting up your rear guard artillery at the end of the movement phase of turn two - you can deep strike them, but then you have to wait until the next turn's movement phase, meaning you miss out on the opportunity to fire with them using the command ability of the Anvils of the Heldenhammer, for instance.

I have a couple of army lists to start you off with.

SCE Vanguard Hailstorm
Anvils of the Heldenhammer
Hailstorm Battery: 120 pts

Spearhead
Lord-Aquilor: 180pts
  General
Judicators x5: 160pts

Main Body
Lord-Ordinator: 140pts
Vanguard-Hunters x5: 110pts
Liberators x5: 100pts
Castigatorx x3: 80pts

Rearguard
Celestar Ballista: 110pts

Total: 1000pts

SCE Arcanum
Hammers of Sigmar
Everblaze Comet: 100pts

Spearhead
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger: 220pts
  General

Main Body
Lord-Castellant: 120pts
Sequitors x10: 260pts
Protectors x5: 180pts

Rearguard

Total: 990pts

I like having a leader on a fast mount, like a Gryph-Charger on my spearhead to zoom in and snatch that first round objective.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'm new to SCE and AoS in general and would like to ask you guys a few questions.

There will be a league in my FLGS - Vanguard rules 1500 pts and I need advice on a few things:

- Is 2 ballista  with ordinator worth it in 1500 pts?

- Stormhosts -  they all seem kinda underwhelming so I am unsure what is a good all around pick (Or if there is one that has synergy with sacroscanct units as most of my units are sacrosanct)

- Prosecutors with javelins and castigators - love the look of these units, but again they feel really underwhelming performance wise - do they have a use?

Also any general tips or advice is appreciated.

And if you have any list recommendations feel free to lay it on me.

(units I own: 25 x Sequitors, 5 x Evocators, 5 x Judicators, 3 x Ballista, 3 x Prosecutor, 6 x Castigator,  Lord Arcanum on Gryphcharger, Relictor, Ordinator, Incantor, Arcanum on foot, Castellant. Might be willing to splurge on some more if there is a good reason to)

Thanks in advance. 

@TownsieThat actually sounds like a very cool format and I wonder can it be extended to 2000pts? It can sort of mess up all the mechanics I guess :)

There are some lists with thundercats or evocators that would be interesting to play with, or even vanguard only, in that kind of format. Have you done any battle reports for this format?

5 minutes ago, Lightomancer said:

@TownsieThat actually sounds like a very cool format and I wonder can it be extended to 2000pts? It can sort of mess up all the mechanics I guess :)

There are some lists with thundercats or evocators that would be interesting to play with, or even vanguard only, in that kind of format. Have you done any battle reports for this format?

The next list I'll be playing is this:

Dracolines Meeting Engagements
Hammers of Sigmar

Spearhead
Lord-arcanum on Dracoline: 220pts
  General
    Celestial Blades
    Pride Leader
Evocators on dracolines x3: 300pts

Main Body
Knight-Questor: 100pts
Sequitors x10: 260pts

Rearguard

Total: 990pts

In most scenarios, the spearhead deploys first, so having two units in the spearhead allows you to deepstrike the Knight-Questor and the Sequitors in the main body next. So that's the plan - I'll post a little AAR when I get this on the table.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davorko75 said:

I'm new to SCE and AoS in general and would like to ask you guys a few questions.

There will be a league in my FLGS - Vanguard rules 1500 pts and I need advice on a few things:

- Is 2 ballista  with ordinator worth it in 1500 pts?

- Stormhosts -  they all seem kinda underwhelming so I am unsure what is a good all around pick (Or if there is one that has synergy with sacroscanct units as most of my units are sacrosanct)

- Prosecutors with javelins and castigators - love the look of these units, but again they feel really underwhelming performance wise - do they have a use?

Also any general tips or advice is appreciated.

And if you have any list recommendations feel free to lay it on me.

(units I own: 25 x Sequitors, 5 x Evocators, 5 x Judicators, 3 x Ballista, 3 x Prosecutor, 6 x Castigator,  Lord Arcanum on Gryphcharger, Relictor, Ordinator, Incantor, Arcanum on foot, Castellant. Might be willing to splurge on some more if there is a good reason to)

Thanks in advance. 

Welcome to the forum! While I'm also somewhat new, hopefully I can offer some helpful pointers:

- In a 1500 point list, I think most would tell you that 3 Ballistas are better than 2 Ballistas and an Ordinator... but as you're playing Vanguard and can only take 2 War Machines, I think you could probably get away with the latter. Your opponent is also playing fewer/smaller units, so you won't need quite as much firepower to make a solid dent in their good target units.

- Unless you have a very compelling reason to take a Stormhost (Gavriel Sureheart or a big unit of Longstrikes), it's often best to just take the generic Stormcast Eternals allegiance and give your general Staunch Defender. Staunch Defender tends to pair especially well with Sequitors, as 3+ saves (2+ with a Castellant) with re-rolls on a block of 10 Sequitors can make them very tanky indeed.

- Castigators are generally regarded as useless, unfortunately. I too like their looks, but their warscroll is just awful. Prosecutors may have a niche use as annoying objective grabbers, but usually our lists are just too tight on points to justify including them.

I threw together a quick list with the units you've got:

Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum (160)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
Lord-Castellant (120)
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Translocation

Battleline
10 x Sequitors (260)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 5x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Sequitors (130)
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Sequitors (130)
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces

Units
5 x Evocators (220)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Celestial Blades

War Machines
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Total: 1480  / 1500
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 91

It was actually quite tough to get a list to 1500 points - felt like I was always going 10-20 over! I'd really like to get the Gryph Charger in there as general, but I just couldn't find the points. You'll still probably be too light on bodies to hold points in most battle plans, unfortunately, but that's the life we live playing Stormcast. I'm sure it's not optimal and would like to hear other peoples' takes, but it should be reasonably solid at least. Sacrosanct units are just too damn expensive!

Hello all, I am trying to get into SCasts a bit more seriously and hoped people on here might be able to offer advice on how they go about building a 2k list? I don’t want to have an optimal list: just one with some favourite models that still offers some nice  combinations to get fun games with friends. 

I love the stardrake model, so want to include it. A love of heavy cavalry also led me to pick a unit of four fulminators plus a Lord Celestant on a Dracoth to be their ‘leader’. I also took a Knight-Heraldor to let them repeatedly charge. Beyond that I’m not too bothered, so I took a few battleline units plus some other heroes. Does anybody have any suggestions on other good options? 

Thanks in advance for the input!

@l1censetochill Thank you for the welcome and the input!

I am forgetting that you don't have to take a stormhost. And your list is a great place to start and work my way from there.

Its a shame that the Gryph charger can't fit. Would you maybe consider droping a Relictor for the Gryph Charger and maybe 5 x  judicators instead of 5 x Sequitors?

5 minutes ago, davorko75 said:

@l1censetochill Thank you for the welcome and the input!

I am forgetting that you don't have to take a stormhost. And your list is a great place to start and work my way from there.

Its a shame that the Gryph charger can't fit. Would you maybe consider droping a Relictor for the Gryph Charger and maybe 5 x  judicators instead of 5 x Sequitors?

It's a fair question, one that I toyed with a bit when tinkering with the list. I ultimately decided that the Relictor is too important - outside of our deepstrikes (and cavalry options, but you don't have those available) we have some serious mobility issues, and I think being able to teleport a unit onto a lightly-defended back objective is just too valuable.

But your idea isn't bad either. The Gryph Charger's command abilities are much better for the list, Ride the Winds pairs very well with Staunch Defender (helps get your general next to the important units), and having 5 Judicators instead of 5 Sequitors to chip in ranged damage alongside the Ballistas could be useful. You probably can't go wrong either way. Good luck!

• Thanks 1