AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

2 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

The only thing we know is that it will be on pre-order during August, so it will be out between 21 August and 4 September

The end of August!? That seems like a long time. Didn't 3rd Edition come out like over a month ago?

How synergistic are the new warscrolls with the old warscrolls?( currently ) . I asked this knowing that stormcast were never really synergistic with one another. Hopefully this has been fixed in some way.

I also like the new dragons. I just hope they compliment the stardrakes, and not just replace them.

Edited by xking

2 hours ago, xking said:

What's up with that Lord Commander? Don't really like the model, seems kind of plane and boring in my opinion.

I think he's awesome, if I were to describe him with a quote it'd be "walk softly, and carry a big gun(hammer in this case)". He's got that cold confidence and is approaching slowly like Mr X from resident evil or something. I'm just sad that I don't run Hammers of Sigmar, hopefully there is a generic version of him I could use.

19 minutes ago, xking said:

When did 3rd Edition drop, just seems like it was a while ago.

I think it's a calendar month since release tomorrow or something like that. I wager they still have production backlog impacting their scheduling.

Edited by Turragor

44 minutes ago, Lengthster said:

I think he's awesome, if I were to describe him with a quote it'd be "walk softly, and carry a big gun(hammer in this case)". He's got that cold confidence and is approaching slowly like Mr X from resident evil or something. I'm just sad that I don't run Hammers of Sigmar, hopefully there is a generic version of him I could use.

Should have been Vandus. Not some no name dude that nobody heard of. The same way Gardus should also ascend to Lord-Commander.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, xking said:

Should have been Vandus. Not some no name dude that nobody heard of. The same way Gardus should also ascend to Lord-Commander.

Well, nobody had heard about vandus or gardus before they were created by gw, so hopefully they will write some cool story for the new guy as well (I do like the miniature as well)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:

Well, nobody had heard about vandus or gardus before they were created by gw, so hopefully they will write some cool story for the new guy as well (I do like the miniature as well)

Yes, this is true. But if we are talking about a lord-Commander, there is only one for each stormhost.  Vandus deserved the position more. It is Vandus that claimed ghal maraz, it was Vandus that warned Sigmar to heed the malign portents  and it was Vandus who faced the everchosen in the realm of metal and lived to tell the tale. And it is Vandus who is the inspiring leader of the Hammers of Sigmar. Everything in the lore pointed to Vandus being chosen to be the Lord-Commander, this was a literally stated in a novel.

You must understand, that to me. Someone who has read the lore and stories from the beginning and likes vandus for who he is. Some random dude being chosen as Lord-Commander is extremely disappointing.

Edited by xking
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, xking said:

Yes, this is true. But if we are talking about a lord-Commander, there is only one for each stormhost.  Vandus deserved the position more. It is Vandus that claimed ghal maraz, it was Vandus that warned Sigmar to heed dress solstice  and it was Vandus who faced the everchosen in the realm of metal and lived to tell the tale. And it is Vandus who is the inspiring leader of the Hammers of Sigmar. Everything in the lore pointed to Vandus being chosen to be the Lord-Commander. 

You must understand, that to me. Someone who has read the lore and stories from the beginning and likes vandus for who he is. Some random dude being chosen as Lord-Commander is extremely disappointing.

Vandus needs more screentime for reall. in 2015 he was on the cover and i felt like hes going to be important. Fact is he got no screentime and somehow i feel betrayed. Loved for him being the new big thing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, xking said:

Yes, this is true. But if we are talking about a lord-Commander, there is only one for each stormhost.  Vandus deserved the position more. It is Vandus that claimed ghal maraz, it was Vandus that warned Sigmar to heed the malign portents  and it was Vandus who faced the everchosen in the realm of metal and lived to tell the tale. And it is Vandus who is the inspiring leader of the Hammers of Sigmar. Everything in the lore pointed to Vandus being chosen to be the Lord-Commander, this was a literally stated in a novel.

But isn't it more like, this Lord Commander has always been so. Was perhaps one of the very first stormcast created. After the Prime whom (let's face it) sits in a little bit of a weird spot lore wise.

Vandus is just like an accomplished Captain. He leads a chamber right? Not the Hammers total. The pairing chosen in the starter box are probably meant to sit at a similar power/importance level.

Hammerhand IS Khorgos Khul in terms of story weighting. Its just that GW writes about SCE far more than Khorne. So he's a powerful warlord but not the most powerful.

But mainly, GW builds their story after models are made. They can and will retcon a bunch of stuff. Luckily this isn't exactly retconning but I understand the feeling of "hey this cool powerful leader isn't being made into the overall leader with all these storied victories?!"

GW will give the Lord Commander EVEN MORE IMPRESSIVE storied victories to back up the reason for his existence as a cool model to buy.

What will be interesting I spose is what will the Lord Commander's rules show us? Are we getting an Archaon equivalent (I doubt that)? Will he be a Gotrek lite (though 5 times bigger)?

Personally I hope more for a Katakros "whole army force mulitplier" type (or well, Katakros in 2.0). That'd be neat. Take one character and not need 4 buff pieces. Frees up list writing. the LC can be a semi-beatstick but ultra buff wagon. I like that yea.

I love how this stuff interlaces - GW are like mad scientists or gifted chefs who never read recipes. Sometimes they ****** up but often the balance of model design, rules design and lore to explain it all can result in cool games/stories/models.

Edited by Turragor

8 minutes ago, Turragor said:

But isn't it more like, this Lord Commander has always been so. Was perhaps one of the very first stormcast created. After the Prime whom (let's face it) sits in a little bit of a weird spot lore wise.

Vandus is just like an accomplished Captain. He leads a chamber right? Not the Hammers total. The pairing chosen in the starter box are probably meant to sit at a similar power/importance level.

Hammerhand IS Khorgos Khul in terms of story weighting. Its just that GW writes about SCE far more than Khorne. So he's a powerful warlord but not the most powerful.

But mainly, GW builds their story after models are made. They can and will retcon a bunch of stuff. Luckily this isn't exactly retconning but I understand the feeling of "hey this cool powerful leader isn't being made into the overall leader with all these storied victories?!"

GW will give the Lord Commander EVEN MORE IMPRESSIVE storied victories to back up the reason for his existence as a cool model to buy.

What will be interesting I spose is what will the Lord Commander's rules show us? Are we getting an Archaon equivalent (I doubt that)? Will he be a Gotrek lite (though 5 times bigger)?

Personally I hope more for a Katakros "whole army force mulitplier" type (or well, Katakros in 2.0). That'd be neat. Take one character and not need 4 buff pieces. Frees up list writing. the LC can be a semi-beatstick but ultra buff wagon. I like that yea.

I love how this stuff interlaces - GW are like mad scientists or gifted chefs who never read recipes. Sometimes they ****** up but often the balance of model design, rules design and lore to explain it all can result in cool games/stories/models.

Feels forced and shoe horned to me. They literally said Vandus was the lord-cammander in a novel. And there was nothing in the lore to even suggest that there even was a lord-commander of the Hammers of Sigmar. Vandus deserved better then this. He deserved better than to be forgotten and wasted.  I mean the new dude does not even look unique to me.

Edited by xking

13 minutes ago, Turragor said:

That I know nothing of so it would put this in retcon territory if so. I guess we'll see when the book arrives with the accompanying lore.

I just expected more, I expected the Lord Commanders to at least look impressive. I thought Vandus would ascend to a state similar to the celestant-prime or Yndrasta.  But the Lord Commander we got does not even come close, after waiting so long for the Lord Commanders. This is just unimpressive, dull and disappointing. Perhaps my expectations were just too high.

Edited by xking

15 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Nope.

Yes, in the novel Black Pyramid it is stated that the Hammers of Sigmar had basically chosen Vandus, that he was lord-commander in all but name . (literally is probably too strong of a word)

Edited by xking

18 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Vandus is not really fit for a role of lord commander... to many reforges 

Strongly disagree, nothing about his reforging diminished him in the slightest. All it ever did was give him the power of prophecy.

Edited by xking

I love the new Lord-Commander model. Just a shame he's Hammers and I'm hopeful there might be an option to run a generic version so that other Stormhosts might be able to benefit. I'm loving SCE but the named Hammers characters, man, they really want to push Hammers. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lare2 said:

I love the new Lord-Commander model. Just a shame he's Hammers and I'm hopeful there might be an option to run a generic version so that other Stormhosts might be able to benefit. I'm loving SCE but the named Hammers characters, man, they really want to push Hammers. 

Every faction has a main sub faction, Hammers of Sigmar are just the poster boys for the stormcast eternals.  For the Daughters of khaine, it's Hagg nar. For the Fyreslayers, it's the Vostarg.