AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Vindictors going to 130 and only being 15 points more than the new Liberators really injected some well needed emergency life into the spear boys cause for a second there I was worried they'd be immediately too overpriced straight out of Dominion

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

10 wounds for 130 is still really bad, even if it's a 3+ save

I hope the battletome offers a lot of strong allegiance abilities and synergies to help justify that price point for our basic troops

I'm expecting that it will. The old tome is just a hodgepodge of random warscrolls with almost zero synergies, but the tomes have gotten WAY better in the last 3 years. 

6 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I hope the battletome offers a lot of strong allegiance abilities and synergies to help justify that price point for our basic troops

True but if the Liberators stay close to what they are now at 115 then I'd still rather take the 2" spears and mortal wounds at 15 points more. Sequitors are definitely hurting once again though and I ran them at their last price hike.

8 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Tell that to everyone who complained about the old petrifex Mortek Guard with 10 guys with 1 wound for 130 pts. The sky was literally falling so much the entire faction got nerfed to the ground.

• Like 1

Just now, Scurvydog said:

Tell that to everyone who complained about the old petrifex Mortek Guard with 10 guys with 1 wound for 130 pts. The sky was literally falling so much the entire faction got nerfed to the ground.

Mortek are 10 models instead of 5, smaller bases, and more attacks 

Maybe "really bad" was a bit much. Maybe the reduced mortal wounds from endless spell changes is significant enough to make a 3+ save worth the points.

Just now, PJetski said:

Maybe "really bad" was a bit much. Maybe the reduced mortal wounds from endless spell changes is significant enough to make a 3+ save worth the points.

so i think 130 is fine considering mortek are now 140 and LRL sentinels 140. at the least if liberators go to 3+ theyre anvils and people who want a bit more punch can buy vindictors

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

I get your meaning, Stormcast pays a premium for their armor saves, just look at Concussors right now sitting at 235 for 10 wounds and no defence against mortal wounds. They simply evaporate points the second anything with MW output looks at them wrong. Armorsaves have become a lot less reliable and having an army with half the wounds due to paying for high saves is not all that great lately.

Lets see what happens, maybe we get something like 40k Custodes, with a 6+ ward or something similar army wide.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

I get your meaning, Stormcast pays a premium for their armor saves, just look at Concussors right now sitting at 235 for 10 wounds and no defence against mortal wounds. They simply evaporate points the second anything with MW output looks at them wrong. Armorsaves have become a lot less reliable and having an army with half the wounds due to paying for high saves is not all that great lately.

Lets see what happens, maybe we get something like 40k Custodes, with a 6+ ward or something similar army wide.

You nailed the biggest problem with Stormcast for the last 3 years. They were pointed for a game that no longer exists. We pay a premium for "elite" models that evaporate to everything good, because they all spew mortal wounds like it's Christmas, and because we bring 1/2 or less of the models of other armies, we struggle to claim and keep objectives. 

I've been saying they should be AoS Custodes for awhile now. A faction wide ward ability would go a very long way for us. I'm hopeful that GW has heard our cries and given us an update worthy of the immortal demigods of Sigmar.

• Like 1

just please for the love of sigmar and every thing that is holy in this universe.... keep stormkeep buffing liberators in some way more then +1 bravery. Els i just keep trowing the slayer at everybody for eternity... i want to use my 30 libbies

• Like 1

someone talked earlier about changing colors for the new releases.

I have the majority of my army painted at the colors of the hammers of sigmar, big bright colors and clean painting.

I hoped that i could have something more realistic with bronze and a bit of corrosion, and replaced the blue with red instead, also made some sponge scratches on the white shoulders.

I made some tests this weekend, here's the try:

image.png.3dc8615aabab0bdbdc7e6bf0f9dc9bb7.png

image.png

P6210475.JPG

Using this method, vindictors should look something like this:
Aucune description disponible.

Edited by jeanfluflu
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, jhamslam said:

Some insight into our new points and units from the Learn to Play Video @PJetskiunknown.png.45481cf06f566ca439937e860147639f.png

funny enough I expected Liberators to be 120!! Sequitors going up hopefully means they're all 3+ now? Maybe Seqs got mw negation??

Vanquishers def seem like the other version of Vindictors. Hoping Vindictors get a shield ability like our other units already have, if their counterpart are damage dealers.

No sign of new ranged unit though.. they can't be the vanquishers if Judis are so high.

On 6/21/2021 at 3:35 PM, Requizen said:

Vanquishers might be ranged but something like Raptors or Castigators with min size 3, at which point baseline battleline with good shooting, 125 would be pretty reasonable.

Or maybe they'll just be broken 🙃

it says their min size is 5

Edited by jhamslam