AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 minutes ago, PJetski said:

😍Finally different point costs for Crossbows and Bows

Liberators 115, Sequitors 145, and Vindictors sitting right in the middle at 130

What are Vanquishers? Some kind of dual kit with the Vindictors using flails?

Sequitor most expensive makes sense with re rolls

Judis going to 2 shots calling it now and maybe gaining rend on crossbows

200 seems like a lot, but it probably correspond with a significant damage increase.

I'm fine with our units being overpriced with good warscrolls because they can easily fix the points with a GHB update but they will almost never update warscrolls. Being overpriced in July 2021 gives them a lot of room to slide our points down over the next ~3 years once the inevitable power creep kicks in.

I'm hoping Liberators are 3+ with shields, 3 attacks with paired weapons, and 2 in 5 wielding Grand weapons instead of just 1 in 5 (the sprues support this).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Some insight into our new points and units

The upcoming points imply the general boost to our saves. We'll see though. It will certainly give a distinct feel to the stormcast if true. 

I feel like this edition will reinvigorate prosecutors. Their ability to charge reliably from outside of 9" makes them the ideal support unit (assuming they still charge 3d6). Neutralizes those ranged overwatch threats as well as redeploys. Plus squishy archers are their ideal targets.

2 minutes ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

The upcoming points imply the general boost to our saves. We'll see though. It will certainly give a distinct feel to the stormcast if true. 

I feel like this edition will reinvigorate prosecutors. Their ability to charge reliably from outside of 9" makes them the ideal support unit (assuming they still charge 3d6). Neutralizes those ranged overwatch threats as well as redeploys. Plus squishy archers are their ideal targets.

does it, i thought unleash hell happened after a charge move was done

3 minutes ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

with 6 wounds and lowest damage ingame.. im not sure.. 40mm bases.. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Thats LORD COMMANDER GARDUS you heathen

He's not listed as "Lord-Celestant Gardus Steel Soul" any more so it's possible he was promoted, and he is a fitting candidate for Lord-Commander

But 160 for a Lord-Commander seems pretty lame!

9 minutes ago, PJetski said:

He's not listed as "Lord-Celestant Gardus Steel Soul" any more so it's possible he was promoted, and he is a fitting candidate for Lord-Commander

But 160 for a Lord-Commander seems pretty lame!

eh foot heroes for that much is fine, i wanna see what changes they make to his abilities

• Like 1

Averon for 230 is actually kind of interesting. You get a Knight-Incantor which is worth around 130 but he has a better signature spell, and then a 6 wound non-HERO "mini wizard" that loses their spellcasting after taking 3 wounds (which can be revived) but has 10 attacks at 3+/3+/-1/1 and some mortal wounds after fighting. Really not a bad choice if you need more WIZARD but don't want to fill more Leader slots.

HAMMERS OF SIGMAR keyword may be a detriment or an advantage

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 1

Super exciting news! I'm pumped. July battletome, finally! :D

Ballistas up 30 points... I wonder if they get any changes?

Hopefully they use this opportunity to revisit all the named heroes and actually make them worth using, cuz right now, they're all basically garbage warscrolls. (I'm looking at you, Vandus for 280 points that does basically nothing)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Juicy said:

with 6 wounds and lowest damage ingame.

Having spent a while playing new slaanesh with mostly hellstriders (which do a bit more damage and are faster) I've learned to appreciate speed as a raw quality. The ability to be where you need them is pretty valuable. Admittedly I was thinking this with their 95pts characteristic rather than whatever they will be with the new book, but that 3d6 charge is still good. Their points will need to be low still. Like less than liberators for them to work. Even if they get a 3+ they're only worth around 100pts.

13 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

unleash hell happened after a charge move was done

You're right, I keep forgetting that they mention being outside 9" but it's after a charge move. Doesn't change my feeling that prosecutors are more useful. 3d6 and fly is going to let you get in where you need to more often than not. Plus doing so out of deepstrike is fun.

We need offensive screens to deal with the likes of Thanquol and ranged 30 blobs. (That's all of what my local group is talking about. Well, that and giants) That 3d6 is invaluable for this. Have them eat the overwatch for the damage dealers by charging the shooting backilne. They either use it on them or get tied down during their turn. If they do get a save boost, then they will ruin shooters without rend or very squishy casters (who seem to be in increasing rarity). Of course if they're like 120pts then they're not worth it anymore. 

I will admit that aetherwings can do this job for less, but they more easily killed for the new battle tactics or whatever the every turn objectives are called. Taking 6 aetherwings makes them survivable but less likely to scootch in next to the shooters behind their screen, nevermind their lack of charge bonuses. Aetherwings do a different job than what I'm talking about though. They charge the unguarded shooter and you lose nothing of value when they get obliterated. Prosecutors are to let you hop over screens.

Regardless of anything else, I'm going to try them out. My flappycast (or angelcast if you're trying to be respectful) are going to see the light of day after too long. Fly my pretties! *laughs maniac ... heroically* For Sigmar!