AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

7 hours ago, rosa said:

more totally redundant infantry and elite infantry.

you legit do not know that they're redundant though, we have only seen the models... but even then from preview article we know:

Praetors are billed as bodyguards for heroes. Not redundant.

New Vexillor has a combat buff flag. Not redundant.

Knight Arcanum will have different magic that sounds like offensive buffs. Not redundant.

Knight Judicator will buff Judicators and sounds like semi-artillery hero. Not redundant.

Vindictors have spears and a banner in the unit, also not redundant even as battleline!

Annihilators might not stick out at first glance but we only saw part of the warscroll... can't assume redundancy. Sounds like they're meant to get in fast & hard--which fixes the complaint about current paladins.

Chariot- do i even have to say? Literally a completely new unit.

You were complaining about your army going obsolete after the big reveal. Now that it's clearly not, you're complaining these units are somehow redundant? Help me understand. Because the heroes at least sound specifically designed to buff our *existing armies*

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

Not sure what role the Knight Judicator is meant to play, but the model sure looks good!

they previewed it as buffing judicators but also can "call down Sigmar's wrath" so my guess is its meant to buff your judi line while providing MW sniping and gryph-hounds to screen charges against them

• Thanks 2

Ok so I'm  a bit confused... 

I have a nice army of all chambers but is not the army I use. The real thing is that I have almost not played SCE but I wanna focus on 3.0 more on one or two armys instead of a lot as I like to collect.

So, this new SCE are from the first chamber released? I saw the revamp post but what will this mean for SCE? Will have a nice book with synergies between sachrosant and "warriors" (sorry I dont know the name of the chamber of liberators)? What can we get? SCE have so many units, will they make another stardrake or similar? Drake chargers? More beasts?? 

I am so hyped about this new chamber o this new revamp or whatever it is

41 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

So, this new SCE are from the first chamber released? I saw the revamp post but what will this mean for SCE?

we don't know yet, but the units shown so far are considered "reinforcements" for the current war in Ghur.

42 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Will have a nice book with synergies between sachrosant and "warriors" (sorry I dont know the name of the chamber of liberators)?

Redeemer/Warrior chamber, and that's apparently what's happening yes

you have as much info as us, it's the list of current kits + whats in this article https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/29/warhammer-preview-online-unboxing-dominion/

I can easily imagine the Knight-Judicator + two units of Judicators making up one of the rumored general battalions

• Thanks 1

Looks like a mix of Warrior chamber (Lord-Imperetant, Yndrasta, Knight-Vexillor, Knight-Judicator, Vindictors, Annihilators, etc.), Sacrosanct chamber (Knight-Arcanum) and Vanguard chamber (gryph hounds) units being rebooted so far, along with a few new things (Praetors, chariot)

We still haven't seen the new DRAKE unit foreshadowed in Kragnos warscroll so I expect we will see at least one new/reboot Extremis unit with that keyword.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

Looks like a mix of Warrior chamber (Lord-Imperetant, Yndrasta, Knight-Vexillor, Knight-Judicator, Vindictors, Annihilators, etc.), Sacrosanct chamber (Knight-Arcanum) and Vanguard chamber (gryph hounds) units being rebooted so far, along with a few new things (Praetors, chariot)

We still haven't seen the new DRAKE unit foreshadowed in Kragnos warscroll so I expect we will see at least one new/reboot Extremis unit with that keyword.

And I‘m just sitting here like a Lord-Impatient waiting for all the new goodness to arrive ... 

Really hope for some good synergies between all the stuff. 

In a perfect world the new battletome makes me wanna buy some Liberators again, but I also quite happily just play the new stuff if its enough and it‘ll get the job done. 

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

I think we will see something like anhilators on  drakes or Praetors on Drakes. I called it.😂 Because we have Evocators on Foot—-> Evocators on Dracoline 

Paladins—-> paladins on dracoth

Vanguard Hunters—> Hunters on Gryph Chargers called Palladors

Edited by Erdemo86
  • Like 2

I personnaly don't think we'll get to see more units for stormcasts, especially a new cavalry.

Praetors mounted on drake would be crazy neat but we already have palladors, evocators on dracolines and 3 different typs of dracoth.
Also i hink we can consider the gryphound chariot as cavalry too.

Wait and see as we say but as much as i like new stuff i'd also be grateful for better rules, synergies and clarification over the battletome in general.

As much as I would like to see new drakes I think there are more units in other armys to be redone. 

As said, cool rules would be so nice. Chariot and judicator are cool too. A new mounted beast cool too but if this is reinforcements a light wave will be fine, maybe the chariot has different weapon options. 

The sad thing is wanted to make a new colour scheme. I have both warrior and sacrosanct chambers with different colours and this new been reinforcements I should paint the same way... maybe I have to buy reinforcements for my reinforcements to make a cool new chamber 😅

34 minutes ago, jeanfluflu said:

I personnaly don't think we'll get to see more units for stormcasts, especially a new cavalry.

Praetors mounted on drake would be crazy neat but we already have palladors, evocators on dracolines and 3 different typs of dracoth.
Also i hink we can consider the gryphound chariot as cavalry too.

Wait and see as we say but as much as i like new stuff i'd also be grateful for better rules, synergies and clarification over the battletome in general.

And why do you think that Kragnos has than a ability’s against Dracoth, Dracoline, Stardrake and Drakes? What do Drakes keyword stand for then? I’m 100% sure we will get a cavalrie unit with drake keyword or some hero on a Drake.

The whole new models don’t look to me like a new reinforcement, more like a replacement like Primaris Marines. Like someone said before, it’s not a new chamber, we get models for existing chambers.

arcanum for sacrosant chamber

Chariot looks like Vanguard Chamber

Judicator, some Heroes new battle line is Warrior chamber

and the new drakes will be extremis chamber

Anhilators look like warrior chamber and praetors could be Vanguard or Warrior too. 

i would not be surprised if the new battletome will only have the new warscrolls inside for the new models. And sure new allegiance, artifacts,stormcast and so on. 

with the new models we have what now, over 50+ warscrolls?

Edited by Erdemo86

1 minute ago, Erdemo86 said:

And why do you think that Kragnos has than a ability’s against Dracoth, Dracoline and Drakes? What do Drakes keyword stand for then? I’m 100% sure we will get a cavalrie unit with drake keyword.

I don't know, it can be a clarification over the rules.

For example dracolines, dracoth and stardrakes could get this keyword so they could benefit from buffs, spells or auras.

Same could be done for enemy units, with buffs over celestial creatures (the drakes) to enhance the lore and point the evolution of the conflict between order and destructions armies.

I also feel that the amount of work required to push all these things is phenomenal, expecially considering the fact that the manufacturing of molds costs a lot, that's why plastic kits tends to last for decades.

Just comparing what's new for stormcast here to recent new armies like the lumineth:
We got 1 battleline, 2 new elites, 4 characters (the new special foot hero, knight arcanum, new vexilor and knight judicator) , a chariot and a special unique character (the winged angel).

When they got released lumineth got 2 battlelines, dawnriders and 3 heroes (cathalar, teclis and eltharion).

But don't get me wrong i'll buy and paint these miniatures the second they come out! ;)

16 minutes ago, jeanfluflu said:

I don't know, it can be a clarification over the rules.

For example dracolines, dracoth and stardrakes could get this keyword so they could benefit from buffs, spells or auras.

Same could be done for enemy units, with buffs over celestial creatures (the drakes) to enhance the lore and point the evolution of the conflict between order and destructions armies.

I also feel that the amount of work required to push all these things is phenomenal, expecially considering the fact that the manufacturing of molds costs a lot, that's why plastic kits tends to last for decades.

Just comparing what's new for stormcast here to recent new armies like the lumineth:
We got 1 battleline, 2 new elites, 4 characters (the new special foot hero, knight arcanum, new vexilor and knight judicator) , a chariot and a special unique character (the winged angel).

When they got released lumineth got 2 battlelines, dawnriders and 3 heroes (cathalar, teclis and eltharion).

But don't get me wrong i'll buy and paint these miniatures the second they come out! ;)

Then they would only said drakes and not dracoline, dracoth, stardrake and drakes.

you can’t compare stormcast with other factions. They are the poster boys. Look at 40k and how much units Space marines have compared to other army’s. The said yesterday that the new orc faction will get some wolf riders too. So a new cavalary for stormcast is almost save.

Just now, Erdemo86 said:

Then they would only said drakes and not dracoline, dracoth, stardrake and drakes.

you can’t compare stormcast with other factions. They are the poster boys. Look at 40k and how much units Space marines have compared to other army’s. The said yesterday that the new orc faction will get some wolf riders too. So a new cavalary for stormcast is almost save.

You seems to know more than me on this topic, to be honest i don't remember the wording on kragnos warscroll very well.

Damn my wallet is going to hate me this summer :D

As much as I would like to see new drakes I think there are more units in other armys to be redone. 

As said, cool rules would be so nice. Chariot and judicator are cool too. A new mounted beast cool too but if this is reinforcements a light wave will be fine, maybe the chariot has different weapon options. 

The sad thing is wanted to make a new colour scheme. I have both warrior and sacrosanct chambers with different colours and this new been reinforcements I should paint the same way... maybe I have to buy reinforcements for my reinforcements to make a cool new chamber 😅

1 minute ago, Hoseman said:

The chariot will have a option to take spear instead of axe, they said in stream.

do we talk about what will be released or what would be good if now? Sure other army would deserve more models first but were talking about what will be released. And not what should be ;)

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

The chariot will have a option to take spear instead of axe, they said in stream.

do we talk about what will be released or what would be good if now? Sure other army would deserve more models first but were talking about what will be released. And not what should be ;)

So far the biggest problem of this chariot is how ulgy the gryph hounds are, we can't see their heads properly but i guess they are fine and the feathers sculpt would allow for great contrast.
My biggest concern is their legs and foot....they look like the ulgy stuffed animals you see at the museum....that's sad when you see that dracolines, or even gryph chargers are masterpieces.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think that Space Marines are a better model to compare to. Following Indomitus they got 3 new heroes and 6 new units (not multipart versions of what was in the box, and not counting variants), on top of the 4 heroes and 4 units that were in the box. Total 7 heroes, 10 units.

With Dominion we’ve got 3 new units (vindictors, annihilators, praetors) and 4 new heroes (incl Yndrasta). We know we’ve got another one hero (Knight-Judicator) and one new unit (chariot).

This means we could be looking at an additional 2 new heroes, and 6 additional units! 

17 kits is certainly a lot but that could easily refresh most of the range. Assuming one bow unit (replacing judicators) and two drake style units (replacing Dracoths) as rumoured still leaves 3 kits for sacrosanct and vanguard chambers. My guess would be 2 sacrosanct and 1 more vanguard. Hopefully some big stompy monsters in there!

SCE haters gonna be inconsolable.

Of course this is comparing to Gws golden goose, so may be a tad optimistic. Still it tracks: Lumineth got 11 hero kits across 2 releases, and 8 units. OBR got 6 heroes and 5 units.

So we should be looking at 2-4 more heroes and 1-6 more units. Exciting!

3 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Honestly, in such a scenario, they would be quite right. I don't think SCE can really be compared to Space Marines in terms of market share and game presence. So I would bet on the lower end of your projections :)

7 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Honestly, in such a scenario, they would be quite right. I don't think SCE can really be compared to Space Marines in terms of market share and game presence. So I would bet on the lower end of your projections :)

How dare you be so reasonable!

But yes if I was a betting man I would guess 2 new heroes:

Combat (which may be a monster)

Priest

And 3 units:

Bow unit

Cavalry unit

Unknown - a skirmisher to replace vanguard-hunters? That would track with the pseudo-Greek style theme. Updated Prosecutors? They would otherwise stand out as the oldest model kit with no new armour update.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

I think that Space Marines are a better model to compare to. Following Indomitus they got 3 new heroes and 6 new units (not multipart versions of what was in the box, and not counting variants), on top of the 4 heroes and 4 units that were in the box. Total 7 heroes, 10 units.

With Dominion we’ve got 3 new units (vindictors, annihilators, praetors) and 4 new heroes (incl Yndrasta). We know we’ve got another one hero (Knight-Judicator) and one new unit (chariot).

This means we could be looking at an additional 2 new heroes, and 6 additional units! 

17 kits is certainly a lot but that could easily refresh most of the range. Assuming one bow unit (replacing judicators) and two drake style units (replacing Dracoths) as rumoured still leaves 3 kits for sacrosanct and vanguard chambers. My guess would be 2 sacrosanct and 1 more vanguard. Hopefully some big stompy monsters in there!

Of course this is comparing to Gws golden goose, so may be a tad optimistic. Still it tracks: Lumineth got 11 hero kits across 2 releases, and 8 units. OBR got 6 heroes and 5 units.

So we should be looking at 2-4 more heroes and 1-6 more units. Exciting!

oof yeah as much as I like the new stuff, I would feel bad if we got 6 additional units outside of the ones in the Dominion box... thought it would make sense to have mounted praetors on drakes in order to have a bodyguard for mounted heroes.

hopefully Wave 2 hits the rest of Order this year, dwarves especially surely have anti-beast/large units that could see the light of tabletop