AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

You know it may just be wishful thinking on my part but I think the sacrosanct stormcast eternals will be a part of the Be'Lakor broken realms book.

In the miniature reveal video the army shot shows Be'Lakor and his daemons fighting sacrosanct stormcast (two Lord Arcanum miniatures). Secondly, the promotional video for Be'Lakor features a female sequitor laying the beatdown on some pink horrors.

Since they seem to be a reoccurring part of all things Be'Lakor here's to hoping they will at least be part of the story if not receiving some nice new rules.

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 9.25.23 am.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elephant_fresh said:

You know it may just be wishful thinking on my part but I think the sacrosanct stormcast eternals will be a part of the Be'Lakor broken realms book.

In the miniature reveal video the army shot shows Be'Lakor and his daemons fighting sacrosanct stormcast (two Lord Arcanum miniatures). Secondly, the promotional video for Be'Lakor features a female sequitor laying the beatdown on some pink horrors.

Since they seem to be a reoccurring part of all things Be'Lakor here's to hoping they will at least be part of the story if not receiving some nice new rules.

They ll be the punching bag of the book.
Like stormkeeps, itll be something half-assed and useless

"The crew of a ballista gets +1 to hit with melee weapons if wholly within 3 inches of an ordinator" 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, baiardo said:

These battalions are still available?some of you are thinking or know something that synergies well with the hollow knight storm host?

stormcast-wd-4.jpg 528×649 pixel.jpeg

Ok im sorry but these are hilariously bad 😭😭😭

1. Since when do we ever wanna charge with our 5 wound support heroes? They even ssaid no mounts so no ACTUAL units that will benefit from this

2. So +1 bravery effectively, a WHOLE battalion for that?

3. Spells are cast from 30 inches away, we cant even deepstrike and lower their casting?

Whoever wrote these at GW should be shot out of a cannon into the Thames

Edited by jhamslam
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, jhamslam said:

Ok im sorry but these are hilariously bad 😭😭😭

1. Since when do we ever wanna charge with our 5 wound support heroes? They even ssaid no mounts so no ACTUAL units that will benefit from this

2. So +1 bravery effectively, a WHOLE battalion for that?

3. Spells are cast from 30 inches away, we cant even deepstrike and lower their casting?

Whoever wrote these at GW should be shot out of a cannon into the Thames

I really don't get it, why write stuff like this at all? I mean, I know most players are not into optimisation etc, but these rules are not even fun or narrative, just some +/- 1 here and there 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Marcvs

43 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I really don't get it, why write stuff like this at all? I mean, I know most players are not into optimisation etc, but these rules are not even fun or narrative, just some +/- 1 here and there 🤷‍♂️

Probably so that the designers could use as a pretext for delayed stormcast updates.

"But look at all these battalions just for stormcast! At least that's better than nothing! Be grateful and stay quiet!"

It is as if the rules designers staunchly believe, without concrete evidence, that any reasonable improvement for SCE would immediately throw the overall balance out of the window.

Edited by Sagittarii Orientalis
  • Like 1

I have a big game against Ironjaws on the weekend and wanted to try a list with 6 Dracolines + Arcanum on Dracoline and 4 Ballistas+ Ordinator.

My question is, which Chamber should I choose? Or is it better to don’t use a chamber and take Staunch defender? The Dracolines look really weak to me with a save of 4+ or 3+ with castellated. My list will look like this: 

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (210)
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Lord-Castellant (120)

Units
5 x Sequitors (120)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)
6 x Evocators on Dracolines (520)

Artillery
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 1990 / 2000

2 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

I have a big game against Ironjaws on the weekend and wanted to try a list with 6 Dracolines + Arcanum on Dracoline and 4 Ballistas+ Ordinator.

My question is, which Chamber should I choose? Or is it better to don’t use a chamber and take Staunch defender? The Dracolines look really weak to me with a save of 4+ or 3+ with castellated. My list will look like this: 

Leaders
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Lord-Castellant (120)

Units
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)

Artillery
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Everblaze Comet (100)

I would pick Astral Templars to snipe the mawkrusha with ballista drop or Celestial Vindicators to push more melee damage with the Dracolines.

Consider removing the Comet and swapping Sequitors for Liberators to gain 190 points. You could use that on using judicators as battleline, or more useful spells such as cogs to reroll saves with evocators, or adding another unit to your army like a Knight-Incantor for a dispel scroll to guarantee stopping his teleport or Hurricane Raptors with a unit of Aetherwings to block charges.

Edited by PJetski

4 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

Leaders
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Lord-Castellant (120)

Units
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)

Artillery
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Everblaze Comet (100)

Imo you really want the Aetherwings Plus atleast 3 raptor to block his charges.

Hes gonna use might destroyers or great hand of gork to teleport killy units in your face each turn and sequitors wont hold up. Turn them to liberators instead and use the points on a screening unit

7 hours ago, jhamslam said:

Imo you really want the Aetherwings Plus atleast 3 raptor to block his charges.

Hes gonna use might destroyers or great hand of gork to teleport killy units in your face each turn and sequitors wont hold up. Turn them to liberators instead and use the points on a screening unit

What are good screening units for sce? Or allies? Don’t have aetherwings

Edited by Erdemo86

2 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

Is it worth to give Dracolines the Grand Stave? 2 in 3 Models can have one, so what do you recommend? I’m building a Unit of 6

Without any buffs they do equal damage against 3+ saves. Grandstaves do more damage against any save worse than 3+. Grandstaves also do more damage when you add in any buffs to their accuracy (+hit, +wound, or rerolls) or to the number of attacks they can do. They also have 2" reach which is very important if you run them in more than minimum size squads.

Since Evocators deal mortal wounds after attacking you get marginal value from specializing the unit with more Rend on their attacks.

This could all change in the next battletome, but right now you should basically always use as many grandstaves as possible.

So I had an idea for a list and wondered what everyone thought:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Celestial Vindicators

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (210)
- General
- Command Trait: Single-minded Fury
- Artefact: Stormrage Blade
- Spell: Celestial Blades
- Mount Trait: Pride Leader
Knight-Incantor (120)
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
Knight-Incantor (120)
Lord-Castellant (120)
Lord Kroak (320)
- Allies

Battleline
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
10 x Sequitors (240)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 5x Stormsmite Greatmaces

Units
6 x Evocators on Dracolines (520)
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning

Everblaze Comet (100)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 320 / 400
Wounds: 100

I'm pretty sure 6x Dracolines with the buffs from Vindicators and the LA will just absolutely destroy everything they touch, especially on the charge. The Liberators are in the list largely to baby sit objectives or just get in the way for a turn or 2 if needed. Everything else turtles up around Kroak to throw out as much spell damage as possible.

Probably won't be able to play it for a little while yet but I'm not convinced Geminids are the best option and I think I might struggle if the Dracolines do go down but I think it might be worth seeing what it can do at some point.

Damn playing stormkeep patrol i really wish they changed the knight heraldor to get my units to move a normal move in the hero fase. Something in the line of... use ability... a unit can do a normal move in the hero fase. So i could redeploy/adjust those libbies. 

my hoped for the next book is really more synergie/tricks. 

I think at 1K points it is preferable to play a stormkeep. Even a garrison batallion. Your troops take the buffs on their own and you take the necessary heroes . A relictor and Incantor. Otherwise you spend too many points for heroes or you unit that supposed to be an anvil is struggling. Am I wrong? Comparing with other armies which are much cheaper.

12 hours ago, mojojojo101 said:

So I had an idea for a list and wondered what everyone thought:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Celestial Vindicators

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (210)
- General
- Command Trait: Single-minded Fury
- Artefact: Stormrage Blade
- Spell: Celestial Blades
- Mount Trait: Pride Leader
Knight-Incantor (120)
Knight-Incantor (120)
Lord-Castellant (120)
Lord Kroak (320)
- Allies

Battleline
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
10 x Sequitors (240)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 5x Stormsmite Greatmaces

Units
6 x Evocators on Dracolines (520)
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning

Everblaze Comet (100)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 320 / 400
Wounds: 100

I'm pretty sure 6x Dracolines with the buffs from Vindicators and the LA will just absolutely destroy everything they touch, especially on the charge. The Liberators are in the list largely to baby sit objectives or just get in the way for a turn or 2 if needed. Everything else turtles up around Kroak to throw out as much spell damage as possible.

Probably won't be able to play it for a little while yet but I'm not convinced Geminids are the best option and I think I might struggle if the Dracolines do go down but I think it might be worth seeing what it can do at some point.

I like the list, personally I would find a way to play raptors longstrike, even one unit could snipe out some hero after the magic phase or remove screenings.

Out:sequitors and geminids 

In: 1x5liberators, 1x3raptors + extra command point. Tot.2k

41 minutes ago, baiardo said:

I like the list, personally I would find a way to play raptors longstrike, even one unit could snipe out some hero after the magic phase or remove screenings.

Out:sequitors and geminids 

In: 1x5liberators, 1x3raptors + extra command point. Tot.2k

Keep the geminids, remove the comet. Kroaks cant cast the comet.

Swap one Incantor for an Azyros.

Longstrikes are underwhelming without double tap from Anvils - consider running some Ballistae to clear screens out of the way of your Dracolines

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thanos-se said:

I think at 1K points it is preferable to play a stormkeep. Even a garrison batallion. Your troops take the buffs on their own and you take the necessary heroes . A relictor and Incantor. Otherwise you spend too many points for heroes or you unit that supposed to be an anvil is struggling. Am I wrong? Comparing with other armies which are much cheaper.

at 1k point I am doing decently (currently 2-1 with a minor defeat) with a patrol list, but we're playing on 48x48 tables so it's practically the perfect situation :D