AoS 2 - Clan Skyre Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Dear fellow rats, I am calling for your help.
I've tried multiple times to build good lists following advice and learning from battle reports. But they just don't work in my local meta, and it often resulted in me not having much fun during my games.

Here is the problem: all the games in my local shop are multiplayer (from 2v2 up to 4v4) with 1000 to 1500 for each player. We never play the official battle plans. We always play some custom "fun" rules (catching and holding the flag, etc...), but it almost always end up in a giant tarpit at the center of the (rather small) map, with the objective being quite secondary. The armies are generally quite powerful, with big heroes and weird combos (nurgle with flies and GUO, nightnaut ignoring rend, beatsclaw with 4-5 models, tzeetnch,...).

So far, all my attempts at trying to "play objectives" have failed.

Example

On 10/22/2018 at 9:14 PM, Num said:

Hi, I'm reviving the horde for a special event at my local shop. It is a 1500pts multiplayer event in which an artifact pops on the map and has to be taken by heroes. The artifact gives once per battle a huge movement boost. It can stolen on the dead body of the bearer.

Here is the list I'm considering:

- arch warlock - chaos talisman

- skaven assassin

- screaming bell general - cunning deceiver

- 1 warp grinder

- 40 clanrats

- 40 clanrats

- 20 clanrats

- 2* warp lightning cannons

General idea is to secure the artifact with hordes of clanrats (killing the bearer with cannons if the artifact has been taken already). Once the artifact is surrounded by clanrats:

- the arch-warlock drills his way in the center of the horde to steal it (very "eight lamentations"-like!)

- the skaven assassin pops in the center of the horde too

- the screaming bell rings (very " vermintide"-like) as many times as needed (I've got 2 extra CP so 3 stacked per turn) so that the whole horde can converge to either roadblock the opponents or thicken the bodyguard horde

Still hesitating between keeping a 40 pack or dropping tob20 to take an extra grinder (for the 40 clanrats). But I'm not sure its wise to steal the artifact in the first turn. Let them kill one another first...

Anyway, it looks like a fun event :)

If you have any alternative strategy, I'm all ears..

Cheers

Very cunning, yes-yes. But it was just a giant tarpit, my drilling teams never managed to get a clean opening, and our team just got tabled.

Worse than that, it was not very fun to me because, most of my army being underground, I just stood there watching the other 6 players do their stuff. Each turn lasts ages because of everyone casting spells, moving, shooting, fighting...

So what do you think I can do to adapt to this context? I just want to:

- be able to put up a fight against multiple opponents with powerful heroes and combos

- have stuff to do all the time (during each phase, and if possible during opponents' turns too)

- not be tabled in a snap of fingers

- survive or stand out of the tarpit

- bonus if I could help my teammates, but nobody really cares really, because the purpose is often just to destroy as much as possible with the big toys.

So this is why I thought of focusing on Skryre, because of the potential power and diversity... I kept trying terminus, but as we never play objectives, my clanrats just get murdered serving no specific purpose. One of the games I had the most fun is when I played 9 stormfiends and finally managed to actually wipe stuff and put up a fight. People reacted well because everyone is doing the same. It was like they finally reckoned the Skaven is a race to be truly afraid of, rather than insects to stomp! Hail the Horned Rat.

Any idea please for a list matching these criteria?

In terms of minis, I have arch warlock, engineers, 9 stormfiends (3 warpfire, 3 shock, 2 grinders, 1 rattling), 2 grinder teams, 3 warpfire teams, 8 mortars, 2 cannons, 20 acolytes, 100 clanrats, 80 giant rats, 6 rat ogors, 2 pack masters, screaming bell, assassin, plague priests, warlords, death runner, 30 stormvermins, and probably other stiff I forgot. I'm not against buying stuff (verminlord warpseer for instance).

Thanks a lot

2 hours ago, Num said:

One of the games I had the most fun is when I played 9 stormfiends and finally managed to actually wipe stuff and put up a fight. People reacted well because everyone is doing the same. It was like they finally reckoned the Skaven is a race to be truly afraid of, rather than insects to stomp! Hail the Horned Rat.

This! If you’re just going for an all out mosh, I’d take stormfiends. At 1k, 3 packs plus a warlock engineer. At 1.5k, add another pack, an arch warlock, and ally in a packmaster for your shock gauntlets pack.

I wouldn’t worry about grinder fists though. These are tactically useful, and can get you on to objectives early, but if the games you play don’t rely on that, then don’t build for it. Warp fire thrower fiends are great, shock fiends are great, Ratling gun fiends and doomflayer fiends are ok in a pinch. If you have some built as grinder fists then ok, use them as melee against monsters etc.

2 hours ago, Num said:

Any idea please for a list matching these criteria?

In terms of minis, I have arch warlock, engineers, 9 stormfiends (3 warpfire, 3 shock, 2 grinders, 1 rattling), 2 grinder teams, 3 warpfire teams, 8 mortars, 2 cannons, 20 acolytes, 100 clanrats, 80 giant rats, 6 rat ogors, 2 pack masters, screaming bell, assassin, plague priests, warlords, death runner, 30 stormvermins, and probably other stiff I forgot. I'm not against buying stuff (verminlord warpseer for instance).

Thanks a lot

Hero’s:440p

1Arch warlock:140p

1warlock engineer:100p

2packmasters:120p

1plague priest with censer:80p

Battleline:240p

20clanrats:120p

20clanrats:120p

others:790p

3Stormfiends:290p (shock gauntlets)

5mortars:300p

40Giant Rats:200p

endless spells: anything that cost 30points or less.

total:1470-1500p

this might be an idea of an list which could be tryied out if wanted

Buffing your giant rats up with the help of a plague priest with censer, will be big.

afterall it’s not always a day when foe-things get eaten alive by small little adorable plague carrying rats who have 3 attacks each hit on 2s and wound on 4s rerolling all failed wound roles.

stormfiends with shock gauntlet can be devastating when herded to a near unstoppable deathrfrenzy.

and lastly should you eve fight against those naked which Aelve which for some reason are much better than any other hard hitting units, your 5mortars will blow their body’s apart

Edited by Skreech Verminking

@Num I would consider Barons advice. If you tend to just play games that result in a massive slogfests in the middle of the table, I would rather use almost exclusively: Stormfiends, WLC's, Jezzails and Mortars. Your partner can just run the screening units and you provide the ranged damage\Stormfiend hammers.

Thanks, I think I'll go full stormfiends, WLCs and mortars then.

I might also try a few endless spells to throw into the pit. Are there any strong ones for such army? I was thinking pendulum, palisade or shackles perhaps. How many do you usually play? Is balewind still worth it for the warlock?

Cheers

• Like 1

I never use predatory spells as I just dislike the nature of them. That said pendulum tends to be the go to for most as it only moves one direction anyway. For Skryre, I mostly just use Shackles when I run with a lot of shooting units, and definitely the BW for the Arch-Warlock. Getting him on that while on top of Arcane terrain is just beautiful. 

Palisade has its uses, but I've found it gets dispelled far too easily. 

Thanks  for all the advice. 3 more stormfiends to paint and I'll be good to go!
Quick question regarding the enginecovens please:

- does the warlock engineer need to be alive for the order to be executed (d6 mW of gascloud, fire twice the cannon in arkhspark...)

- does the arch warlock need to be alive to pass its "maniacal instinct" onto an engineer ? And does the engineer needs to be alive to pass the instinct further onto a unit?

Thanks

@Num I've always said no, if they are dead they cannot use enginecoven abilities or pass off the re-rolls.

The way all of them are worded imply that they must be alive in order to "order a unit to do x or y" or to have an Arch-warlock "pass on his maniacal insight". You cannot do things very well if you are dead. At least for non-Death armies I guess...

Edited by Gwendar
  • Thanks 1

Very Skaven-like then... Kill the hero to break the cunning plan :D
So here is the list I'm going to play for the future melees at my shop:

- Arch-warlock

- 2* packmasters

- 3*3 stormfiends

- 2* warp-lightning cannons

If sometimes I want to have some fun with spells and more melee:

- Arch-warlock

- Packmaster

- Screaming bell

- 3*5 acolytes to throw it into the pit

- 3*3 stormfiends

- Aethervoid pendulum (converted using the plague censer remaining from the furnace)

As for the stormfiends equipment, I already had: 3 warpfire and 3 shock gauntlets

I also had 3 grinders but following the advice in this thread, I replaced 2 with rattling so the unit is now 1 grinder and 2 rattlings.

Or would 1 grinder and 2 shock gauntlets be more appropriate? It might work with some conversions. My stormfiends are converted anyway so that each is unique

Cheers

See, I did the opposite and replaced 2 Ratling gun fiends with a Grinderfist. I've found Ratling-Fiends to be a huge disappointment across the 8 or so games I used them in. On average, 2 of them would at most do 3-5 unsaved wounds (against 3-4+ saves w/ no Look out, sir), whereas using 3 Grinderfists has usually gotten me 7-15 unsaved wounds. Sure, you have to bank on getting that 9" charge, but since 2 Ratling-Fiends most likely won't outright kill your target anyway, you will most likely be charging them in regardless and hoping for that same charge just to be worse in melee.

Most of the time I see people suggesting using 1 Grinder + 2 Doomflayers, but I prefer the more consistent 3 Grinders. As for Shock Gauntlets, I keep them in a group of 3 to buff them in the best way possible with packmasters. They're better for horde-clearing than hitting a hero\wizard\monster, which is what you want the Grinderfist team to be aiming for.

Edited by Gwendar

The list with fiends and WLC looks good for the purpose! Should be fun at least. 

I do think that warpfire throwers and shock gauntlets are the most consistently high performing for me (the latter are particularly great with packmaster buff). I think rattling guns are still useful, and probably in the next bracket for me, but you have to be more careful with their use. They are a bit inconsistent, but can chew through hordes, and quickly if you roll well. They also have some range, so can sit on an objective and still be useful.  I’d take 3 or none though; 2 is just too limiting when you are only going to get a quarter of your shots through (on average). If you take 2 with a grinder, you’re giving it 2 roles without being good at either.

I would also agree however that grinderfists are for heroes and monsters, but they’re generally a slightly less reliable melee option because they also have the movement utility. 

Edited by Baron Wastelands

7 minutes ago, PUFNSTUF said:

So one unit of warp throwers, one of shock gaunts, and what should the third be?

Either 3 Grinders or a Grinder + 2 Doomflayers would be my vote IF you can properly get off a charge. Cogs help a lot with this to get it down to a 7+. I stand by their purpose being almost exclusively on killing heroes/monsters/wizards. If you want utility, take a warp-grinder team with another unit to accompany (40 Clanrats). 

Although even without cogs I find those options to be superior to Ratlings, at least in my games. 

Also Skreech, I agree Shock gauntlets are a good all purpose, but with lower rend and a higher volume of attacks/hits I just find them better suited to being aimed at standard battleline units/hordes. Even unbuffed they still pull ridiculous numbers on average. 

Couple of games today, first one at 1500 vs Sylvaneth. Both games were played using the "most wounds killed" open war card. I realize I was technically short 1 battleline, but we weren't too concerned. Could've just dropped the Grinder team for 5 Acolytes. I can't recall his spells\artifacts\etc.

My List:
Arch Warlock (140)
- General
- Trait: Masterful Scavenger 
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales 
Warlock Engineer (100)
3 x Stormfiends (290)
- Shock Gauntlets
3 x Stormfiends (290)
- Warpfire Projectors
1 x Warp Grinder Weapon Team (80)
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- Allies
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Balewind Vortex (40)

His List:
Treelord Ancient (300)
- General
Drycha Hamadreth (280)
Branchwych (80)
Branchwych (80)
10 x Dryads (100)
10 x Dryads (100)
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (200)
- Greatswords
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (200)
- Greatbows

Overview: 
I elect him to go first, which allows his big units to get into cover with the trees; no sniping the Treelord\Drycha for me. On my turn I hit his 2x10 Dryads on the right and left side with shooting and finish up the left-side Dryads\deepstriked Revenants with the Fiends and Battleshock.

Local rule in the shop that the double turn is a choice, so we just decided to skip, so he starts top of 2. To keep it short and sweet, GS Kurnoths + Drycha come out of the woods along with the right side Dryads + Wych and hit the WLC and Stormfiends hard, taking out the WLC and Fiends across the next two turns, but not they hit back, wiping the Dryad unit and getting the Kurnoths down to 1-2 wounds left. Arch-Warlock finishes up the Wych, but gets a Drycha to the fact to finish him off. Those 2+ RR1's(Shield) and 4+ MW save can only do so much.

Left side cleans up the Bow Kurnoths while Clanrats tunnel up behind and charge into the Treelord + Wych in the trees and proceed to get murdered by the Treelord as expected. By turn 5, I move my warpfire Fiends and remaining WLC + Engineer to take out Drycha + the 2 wound Kurnoth but I think he got his turn order a bit flubbed and thought he was the bottom of 5, so after he went I just ended it there and didn't argue as I was already over on time and needed to get to the next game. Overall, I lost by 10 wounds, but I know that I would've had enough MW output to most likely kill the Drycha + Kurnoth to give me the lead. Oh well, it was a casual game so I'm not too concerned.
Attach29627_20181103_203337.jpg.520bf531b7e9c1d21d1c9e9e10740145.jpg

Next game was 2k vs Ironjawz. Same war card objective as he didn't have as much time to play as we intended and figured it would be quicker than playing a proper objective game.

My List:
Arch Warlock (140)
- General
Warlock Engineer (100)
3 x Stormfiends (290)
- Shock Gauntlets
3 x Stormfiends (290)
- Grinderfists
3 x Stormfiends (290)
- Warpfire Projectors
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (70)
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- Allies
10 x Gutter Runners (120)
- Allies
Balewind Vortex (40)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

His List:
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (440)
- General
- Trait: Prophet of the Waaagh! 
- Artefact: Miasmatic Blade 
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- Artefact: Dimensional Blade 
Orruk Warchanter (80)
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement 
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
Ironfist (180)
Bloodtoofs (120)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Balewind Vortex (40)

Overview:

Unlike the first game, we elected to use turn roll-offs. He finished deploying first and let me go first..Unfortunately for him, he put his Cabbage Dragon right up to the 12" line and I moved up a WLC to be in range and rolled a 1 for my power roll, so I instantly nearly halved it's wounds which felt dirty, yet refreshing all at once. I decide to just turtle as nothing else is in range. Oh, and the 10 Gutter Runners come up on the right side (only place they could really) to hit his Megaboss on foot doing a huge 1 wound to him before being charged into and wiped clean. Speaking of charges, he gets the Cabbage into the Shock Gauntlet Fiends and proceeds to kill off 1 1/2...Not great rolling on his part and that continued most of the game.

I win the roll off and continue turtling, but this time I have more things to shoot\spell-cast at thanks to all that free movement he got on his turn. I whittle away at the approaching Ardboys, finish off the Cabbage and fail both rolls to get the Grinderfists and the Clanrats + Grinder team out. Oh yeah, and the Warpfire Thrower blew himself up, lucky me. Eventually, the Ardboys reach me, but he really has his Brutes lagging far behind which didn't help him much. The Shock Gauntlets continue to not disappoint (even unbuffed) and wipe out 8 Ardboys. That said, the left-side Ardboys + Foot of Gork manage to take out a Fiend from both units.. and I make a huge mistake in trusting my own luck and don't use IP on the Fiends, and I roll a 6 for both leaving the warpfire Fiends with 1 left and the Shock Gauntlets being wiped out.

I win the roll off again and with little time, we decide this will be the last round (I think we were on round 3-4). So I do what we do best and MW down the rest of the Ardboys, take a few off a Brute unit that caught up and hit the WLC's. Clanrats come out and fail their charge, Grinderfists fail to come up yet again. Good job guys. But then, he finally got his Warchanter into combat and it was disgusting. With the +1 to hit, it proceeded to do 15 MW's with SoJ against a WLC. I can see why people stack 2-3 Warchanters, they just have to make it to their targets, and I only managed to get it down to 2 wounds. We ended the game there, with him taking the victory by a single wound killed, 60-61 (again, may have been some miscalculation, we were rushing) but it was a good time.
Attach29628_20181103_203337.jpg.86c8b3286e700cb60d44be57767cc831.jpg

Overall Thoughts: I was between 2 lists that I wanted to try, the other involving Rattlegauge with 9 Jezzails + Arkhspark with 2 WLC's. Most likely that would've fared better, but I don't think it would've been too enjoyable for him so I decided to use this other test list. I definitely made some misplays, but overall both games were close enough that I think I will continue to experiment with this setup. I'm seriously considering dropping the Grinder team and just having the Clanrats deploy normally however, will have to play around with that a bit more. Getting off that 9" charge happens less than I like, but popping right on top of an objective is wonderful....you know, when I can roll 3+'s. I'm still salty about those Grinderfists.

Let me know what you all think, I'm still working on my format for BR's, trying to keep them shorter but then I feel like I lost out on detail. Still a work in progress.

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Gwendar

Thanks for the write-up, I thought it was great. You could provide more details and I'd enjoy the additional reading, but the current style with pics is just fine.

Have you thought about using a grinder team to deploy a unit of acolytes to nuke a target after some magic/WLC mw's? 9" deploy and 9" range
Haven't tried it yet myself but I thought its worth attempting 1 game

I have suffered the incompetency of grinder-teams/fists so im firmly of the opinion they are a decent gamble and feel the same, torn on just deploying normally but it is a massive psychological tool to hit your enemy with.

I thought both your lists were fine and sounds like you were just edged out each time. 

My Rattleguage experience is it is a delete button, and against those 2 lists it probably would have worked well but its expensive, so its quite a few eggs in 1 spot.

Gutter runners havent worked for me, lots of people have said they are great, but they seem somewhat ineffective in my hands :)

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I slowed down on the details as I felt I was always putting in too much information. But no, I hadn't thought of doing that, it would be interesting since I have ~30 Acolytes converted just sitting around...

...Problem with that is I wouldn't technically be in range as I have to deploy "more than" 9" away, so 9.1" at the very least. I don't mind using it in conjunction with the Clanrat block, and since so many people use cogs it would be worth a gamble most of the time. I think I just need to use the Grinder team a bit more instead of writing it off after 2 games of them not coming up when I need them to. It really just depends on the opposing army.

I've used rattleguage in the past with 9 Jezzails and it never did much for me, even in 1.0 before Look out, sir. I will most likely be giving that list a go next weekend if I can find a game, but may leave out the Grinder team in order to keep the Clanrats around in a double-stacked screening position in front. The biggest weakness here is deepstriking, but most of my local meta does not have much in the way of this (pretty much just the Stormcast players) aside from me.

As for Gutter Runners, I keep trying to vouch for them but I am getting to the point where I can vouch for them no longer. I think running them in MSU's of 5 is good for being a distraction for a single turn, but I think what limits them is being forced to come in on the 1st movement phase and on top of that being force to come in within 6" of the table edge. The latter prevents them from 1st turn grabbing objectives most of the time and the former massively restricts what you can even do with them. 

Edited by Gwendar

In light of the games this past weekend, I have a couple of ideas floating around in my head. Slow day at work.

List 1:
Arch Warlock (140)
- General
Warlock Engineer (100)
- Artefact: Ruby Ring 
Warlock Engineer (100)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
1 x Ratling Gun Weapon Team (80)
9 x Warplock Jezzails (420)
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- Allies
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- Allies
Clan Skryre (80)
Arkhspark Voltik (70)
Rattlegauge Warplock (70)

Total: 2000 / 2000

List 2:

Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Arch Warlock (140)
- General
Warlock Engineer (100)
- Artefact: Ruby Ring 
Warlock Engineer (100)
3 x Stormfiends (290)
- Warpfire Projectors, Shock Gauntlets or Grinderfists
3 x Stormfiends (290)
- Warpfire Projectors, Shock Gauntlets or Grinderfists
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- Allies
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- Allies
Clan Skryre (80)
Arkhspark Voltik (70)
Arkhspark Voltik (70)
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000

The first gives me very little in terms of CC viability; I rely heavily on the Clanrat screens to keep things at bay so I can continue getting shots into everything. Meanwhile, the second gives me a bit more CC viability from the Stormfiend units while still having some ranged punch by allowing the WLC's to fire 4 times per turn in total (assuming I roll 4+ often enough to keep them from killing themselves). Other offshoot ideas include running 10-20 Acolytes behind the Clanrats to hit whatever they charge into, along with minimum 3+ Mortars...Maybe for a decent Gascloud list? Anyway, just had to get my thoughts out.

Excited to give these a test in the coming weeks.

Edited by Gwendar

9 hours ago, Gwendar said:

...Problem with that is I wouldn't technically be in range as I have to deploy "more than" 9" away, so 9.1" at the very least. I don't mind using it in conjunction with the Clanrat block, and since so many people use cogs it would be worth a gamble most of the time.

the wording is "set up the warp-grinder weapon team anywhere on the battlefield more than 9" from any enemy models, and if there is an accompanying unit, set it up anywhere within 3" of the warp-grinder weapon team and 9" from any enemy models.

so to me it looks like the warp-grinder needs to be 9.1" or more and the acolytes need to be exactly 9" from an enemy (or atleast 1 model does)... :)
overall, its just legacy poor wording that hasn't been addressed and it should be 9" or more as all new warscrolls of similar nature are along those lines

so i think you can do it if you are game!

I get what you are saying about gutter runners, and I hear about people using them for great results but i dont know how. they don't have that much bite and just die easily enough when something turns its attention to them. war machine sniping? i guess so... hero-sniping? probably only foot heroes are possible targets. im with you, i struggle with them. 

i find your 2nd list more flexible due to stormfiends and would probably run that. id run the rattleguage list if up against an elite / monster heavy / big-bad character heavy army, but if you dont know what you are likely to face then list#2 i imagine is safer

• Like 1

Huh.. I guess you're right. I suppose I just naturally assumed it's meant to say more than 9" away for the a accompanying  unit as well. I may write up another list using the 20 or so that I have. Could be interesting. 

I tend to get Gutter Runners into combat with combat heros and they seldom do anything, so I really have to work on what I use them against. I will say there are exceptions, such as the IJ player above that was distracted by them and decided to charge a unit of Brutes AND a Megaboss into them, effectively leaving them stranded in a corner for a couple of rounds. When I run them in groups of 20 for my Eshin lists, it's a different story. 

I agree. Primarily I've been up against DoK, Sylvaneth, Stormcast, IJ and Tzeentch. I think my biggest problem has been talked about here time and time again; Jezzails just don't seem to be what they used to be. I will definitely give them a couple of more tries, but I think unless something with them changes, they may need to be shelved in favor of more cannons and stormfiends. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 3:41 AM, Gwendar said:

But then, he finally got his Warchanter into combat and it was disgusting. With the +1 to hit, it proceeded to do 15 MW's with SoJ against a WLC. 

FYI SoJ only works against monsters and heroes. WLC is neither of them.

Hey guys, I currently play Beastmen, but I need to have a fully-painted 1500-point force (including summons) for an upcoming event, so I'm considering building a Skryre army since I love Skaven and it's a pretty low-model-count list. I already have some painted clanrats I can slot in if I need to fill out some points. Any suggestions for a reasonably good list at 1500? It looks like I can fit only one Gautfyre Skorch in at 1500, and wondering what other Enginecoven I should take (since I need 2 in the Battalion). 

@The_Yellow_Sign

I really wouldn't recommend Gautfyre at 1500. It can be hard sometimes even at 2k to properly fit everything you want into it. That said, if you're set on it, you can try this:

Allegiance: Skryre
Arch Warlock (140)
Warlock Engineer (100)
Warlock Engineer (100)
3 x Stormfiends (290)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team(70)
Clan Skryre (80)
Gautfyre Skorch (150)
Arkhspark Voltik (70)

Total: 1450 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 59

You really want to max out Stormfiends in a Gautfyre, and you really can't do that at 1500. I've recently been using different variations of the below for my 1500 point games:

Arch Warlock (140)
Warlock Engineer (100)
3 x Stormfiends (290)
3 x Stormfiends (290)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- Allies

Total: 1440 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 200 / 400
Wounds: 104

This gives you more bodies, better at CC and ranged with the WLC's. Last 60 can be a CP or Endless Spells. 

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Gwendar said:

@The_Yellow_Sign

I really wouldn't recommend Gautfyre at 1500. It can be hard sometimes even at 2k to properly fit everything you want into it. That said, if you're set on it, you can try this:

Arch Warlock (140)
Warlock Engineer (100)
Warlock Engineer (100)
3 x Stormfiends (290)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
Clan Skryre (80)
Gautfyre Skorch (150)
Arkhspark Voltik (70)

Total: 1450 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 59

You really want to max out Stormfiends in a Gautfyre, and you really can't do that at 1500. I've recently been using different variations of the below for my 1500 point games:

Arch Warlock (140)
Warlock Engineer (100)
3 x Stormfiends (290)
3 x Stormfiends (290)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- Allies

Total: 1440 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 200 / 400
Wounds: 104

This gives you more bodies, better at CC and ranged with the WLC's. Last 60 can be a CP or Endless Spells. 

Thanks! How would you recommend equipping the Stormfiends? Do you just put the warpfire projectors on all of them?