AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

6 hours ago, Centurio said:

I like the list with plaguebearers but I'd try to squeeze 30 in.  Lord of Blights makes them super annoying and you don't have to rely on spells to buff them 

I think that just about any list with him is going to be pretty good.

Archie + The Glott+ Harbinger+whatever else you have in your collection with a command ability makes for lots of smiles from us and lots of groans from the other side?

• Like 1

Guys appolagies for dropping this in here. I'm looking for advice on debasing my blessed of nurgle.

Since the release of AoS2 and base sizes having a prevelance with in the game I have to rebase the majority of my army.

So I am looking for suggestions on  a new style for the bases. Any and all suggestions will be considered. Something that is easily applicable to a whole army and will really add a wow factor! 

I've attatched pictures of some of the models so you can see the colours etc. Feel free to try using complementary colours or contrasting in your suggestions. Anything goes.

20180921_115153.jpg.f75cb27a89f702cc786f44721905b3c1.jpg20180921_115058.jpg.f429de3349b86897e07ca4c471e6bdaa.jpg20180921_115423.jpg.c3f3f9346f0b4f5897ea32ab6929e6ea.jpg

However the winner (chosen by myself) will not only have there idea forever immortalised on my army (or untill new rules state otherwise ?) but there is a little prize as well up for grabs. Probably a blister pack, hobby supplies or brushes :)

sorry if this kind of thing isn't allowed (feel free to drop me a message, I'm not trying to advertise anything here just reward other people's creative imagining) but if it is, thank you in advance and may the best idea win.

• Like 2

Chaos Spawn are back! I love these guys! A unit of 6 spawn is fun to run. Just think: these six models have a 1/36 chance of performing 72 attacks at 3+/3+...?

The most recent Chaos Spawn warscroll (BoC battletome) allows assignment of the NURGLE keyword during setup.

And just in case this isn't clear...from the core rulebook, p242:

"An army can have allegiance to a faction instead of a Grand Alliance if all the units in the army have the keyword for that faction, including
any units that you assign a keyword to during set-up."

Love me some Spawn, will have to check it out. 

Any ideas on this list guys? No BoP but it has some rend with the Pusgoyles, hoping to move them quickly with the LoA and run Horticulous with the Drones then summon a few more by turn 3. PBs and PBKs to sit on an objective probably. Anyway:

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Horticulous Slimux (220)
Lord of Afflictions (220)
- General
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing  
- Artefact: The Witherstave  

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
4 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (440)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)

Total: 1900 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 125

5 hours ago, Domowoj said:

Chaos Spawn are back! I love these guys! A unit of 6 spawn is fun to run. Just think: these six models have a 1/36 chance of performing 72 attacks at 3+/3+...?

The most recent Chaos Spawn warscroll (BoC battletome) allows assignment of the NURGLE keyword during setup.

"An army can have allegiance to a faction instead of a Grand Alliance if all the units in the army have the keyword for that faction, including

How many points are these guys?  Also have GW released an updated scroll on there website?

Don't want to buy the book for one model ?

This is a list I will be running at a local tournament.

I would like your suggestions on spells and artefact choice, knowing that realm artefacts are forbidden.

Guo bell and flail, hulking physique, witherstave, (spell?)

Glottkin, (blades of putrefaction?)

Harbinger of Decay, (why should he have the witherstave instead of the guo? Eggs in a single basket?)

40 marauders, shields and axes, banner of reroll 1s

10 warriors, great weapons

2×5 blightkings

Chaos War Mammoth (using lotr mumakil); this thing can destroy anything with 5× 4+ chances to do d3 mortal wounds. The other 10 attacks are gravy on top. In a test game I've systematically destroyed a full health unit of 5 liberators per activation.

Edited by cooleyo

3 hours ago, cooleyo said:

This is a list I will be running at a local tournament.

I would like your suggestions on spells and artefact choice, knowing that realm artefacts are forbidden.

Guo bell and flail, hulking physique, witherstave, (spell?)

Glottkin, (blades of putrefaction?)

Harbinger of Decay, (spell?)

40 marauders, shields and axes, banner of reroll 1s

10 warriors, great weapons

2×5 blightkings

Chaos War Mammoth (using lotr mumakil); this thing can destroy anything with 5× 4+ chances to do d3 mortal wounds. The other 10 attacks are gravy on top. In a test game I've systematically destroyed a full health unit of 5 liberators per activation.

Looks pretty cool....

Except:

Harby doesn't get a spell. Give him the witherstave.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 5:41 AM, Domowoj said:

Was possible since the big faq / big errata this summer. 

If I remember correctly, you now roll individually per spawn instead of 1 roll for all spawns when determining the number of attacks. 

2 hours ago, Hannibal said:

If I remember correctly, you now roll individually per spawn instead of 1 roll for all spawns when determining the number of attacks

You're right, I am thinking of sharing one random value for the unit's movement. It's been too long since I've been able to use these little cuties in my army. Rolling individually for each spawn's attacks value is more statistically reliable and also more fun!

1 hour ago, calcysimon said:

I love rly much spawn models but still 50 points for 5 wounds, random attacks-movement is too much

Also 2 costs much money, but u can build a third from the sparebits

I love that box set. Did so many conversions based on these sprues. Really, you should get a box and just use it as a bits box. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Its perfect for the Harbinger who likes to be just behind the action on the front lines. 

But if I play a guo along with the supported units near the frontline, doesn't it have more AoE coverage because of its base and more wounds (and native disgustingly resilient) in order to survive longer?

53 minutes ago, cooleyo said:

But if I play a guo along with the supported units near the frontline, doesn't it have more AoE coverage because of its base and more wounds (and native disgustingly resilient) in order to survive longer?

I agree with you on this. Put it on the Harbinger if you need the GUO elsewhere, but if you're just going to throw him up there behind the front line, then it's better on the GUO (for the reasons you stated).

10 chaos warriors is an interesting choice. And you have 60 points left over it seems, which is good because you will need all the CPs you can get.

Blades of Putrefaction on Glottkin. I think if you're going to be right up front with the GUO, supporting, then it's up to you which spell you want. I would probably be casting BoP/Fleshy with Glott each turn and Foul Regen (moving the wheel back to 5 everytime it hits 6) and Plague Wind each turn. I would probably pick Glorious Afflictions because its long range allows you to cast it early (when other spells might not have range) and it's movement debuff can grant you an edge in choosing combat engagements (or preventing enemies from reaching objectives).

• Like 1

So here’s a thought for a list, basically an alpha bunker using GA: Chaos, but PTWB so I figure I’d toss it here. What do you guys think? Durable enough to negate the fact that it won’t kill much of anything?

GA: Chaos

Archaon - 660 (General)

Blights - 140

Blights - 140 (lens)

Blights - 140

Harbinger - 160 (crown of conquest)

40 Marauders - 200

40 Marauders - 200

40 Marauders - 200

PTWB - 160

12 hours ago, cooleyo said:

I just like it on Harby because he's got better movement. Put it where it fits your playstyle.

11 hours ago, Luke1705 said:

So here’s a thought for a list, basically an alpha bunker using GA: Chaos, but PTWB so I figure I’d toss it here. What do you guys think? Durable enough to negate the fact that it won’t kill much of anything?

GA: Chaos

Archaon - 660 (General)

Blights - 140

Blights - 140 (lens)

Blights - 140

Harbinger - 160 (crown of conquest)

40 Marauders - 200

40 Marauders - 200

40 Marauders - 200

PTWB - 160

You need blades of putrefaction in this list and the marauders natural +1 to hit. So festus to sit behind/near archaeon for more healing and tossing out a blades on one of the units.