AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Turn 1 would you be putting a unit of 10 blue horrors in a line 9" in front of them? 

Is a Tzaangor shaman more offensive or is it included in the list to buff the enlightens? I know I initially asked about 1,000 points, but in a 2k list would I be able to combine summoning with killy units? I like the idea of 9 enlightens, but what makes them better than skyfires? 

How bad are flamers, screamers, heralds, and the burning chariot? I figured a herald would be nice to have and I thought I might be able to summon some of these units since I don't have spare pink horrors, and even when I do there will be times when I've got 18 fate points but not 20. 

What spells should I take? I'm thinking Tzeentch Firestorm for the LoC and Bolt of Tzeentch for the Gaunt Summoner and Fold Reality for the Pink Horrors. When I read that spell I didn't think anyone would be using it, how do you prevent the unit from being wiped? I'm guessing on pink horrors it's not the end of the world because that'll be a ton of blue horror points, but if people are using it on their enlightens doesn't that periodically wipe out the unit and ruin expensive models?

Turn 1 would you be putting a unit of 10 blue horrors in a line 9" in front of them? 

Is a Tzaangor shaman more offensive or is it included in the list to buff the enlightens? I know I initially asked about 1,000 points, but in a 2k list would I be able to combine summoning with killy units? I like the idea of 9 enlightens, but what makes them better than skyfires? 

How bad are flamers, screamers, heralds, and the burning chariot? I figured a herald would be nice to have and I thought I might be able to summon some of these units since I don't have spare pink horrors, and even when I do there will be times when I've got 18 fate points but not 20. 

What spells should I take? I'm thinking Tzeentch Firestorm for the LoC and Bolt of Tzeentch for the Gaunt Summoner and Fold Reality for the Pink Horrors. When I read that spell I didn't think anyone would be using it, how do you prevent the unit from being wiped? I'm guessing on pink horrors it's not the end of the world because that'll be a ton of blue horror points, but if people are using it on their enlightens doesn't that periodically wipe out the unit and ruin expensive models?

3 hours ago, Kharneth said:

you can indeed combine the two, or take any amount of mixxing them. Don't take more then 3 battle line though, but you can take more pinks or less pinks depending on how much summoning you want to do, 2 or 3 units of pinks lend themselves to being hit with the pendulum, as the pendulum  will do an average of 3.5 wounds a turn so the blue horror count start to really grow. If you bring 3 pink units you might also consider bringing the burning head  as it can be used for a nice reroll 1's to hit buff and also be used to kill another average of 2 pinks per unit.

The shaman is there for buffing the enlighted. at 2k pts i'd say only bring a shaman if you have 9 or more enlighted in one unit, otherwise it's honestly better just to get more enlightend in your unit. As i beleive 6 enlightend buffed by a shaman will do less damage than 9 unbuffed enlightend.  Plus 9 enlightend are more likely to have 1 or 2 models remaining in the unit to be good target for fold reality than 6 enlightend are. 

The best spells of note: Bolt of tzeentch, Glimpse the future, Fold reality, Unchecked mutation, Tzneetch's fire storm

Bolt/ Unchecked/Firestorm are you damage spells. Bolt Tzeentch is just the best it has the most reliable damage output and going off on a 8 means a LoC can safely cast this every turn unbuffed if need be Firestorm is another consider for the LoC's spell as with the +1 to cast a it's as reliable to cast as bolt of tzeentch  it's main draw back is you'll see it kind of fizz and do nothing ALOT haven't cared to run any statistics on the spell, feels rude. Lastly Unchecked while lower damage than it's other friends is very reliable. Your LoC can cast it most time with no buff all day, and your pink horrors with LoC buff and hero proximity bonus can also cast this spell very reliably.  These 3 spells i'd say are almost exclusive to  a LoC or Unit of pink horrors. These spells are all pretty tough to cast so need lots of spell bonuses to make reliable which means either +2 to cast or the LoC's magic cheat. The gaunt summoner could take one of these, but the familiars can be picked off quickly, and he has a spell designed for him already.

Fold reality requires a good target to justify taking. a 9 man squad of enlightend on disc make good targets as they are daemons and when they are down to 1-3 models fold them can be a great way to basicly win you the game on the spot.  Pink horrors also make decent targets, if you pendulum/burning head your own pink unit, and then fold them, you can chain them up the field to get them into turn 1 spell range if you roll well. I've stopped giving this spell to my shaman. It's just too tough for him to get off every game even if he is being baby sat by a LoC. 

Glimpse the future is quite nice. I think it still holds pretty true that we still ahve one of the most powerful alligence abilities in the game, and this spell fuels this. It's tough to cast however and will require a wizard with access to +1 to cast to make it reliable. it's a great gaunt summoner spell. He's got 2 spells and he's going to be casting his signature spell every turn. his second spelsl might as well be glimpse the future, he'll likely always be in LoC range and thus  he can be pretty reliable at casting this fantastic spell.

Also i haven't touched on an important model that,  the ogroid is a great wizard. His spells is very strong. Not only is it basicly a Bolt of tzneetch that comes with +1 to cast, but it also has a powerful effect on objectives.  Objectives for the most part (with some missions being exceptions) are controled by the player with the most models. The ogroid spell swings the target unit's are control count by potentially double d6. As  you kjill d6 models and spawn d6 brims that can potentialy be placed right in control range of an objective. During movement you can just retreat with the brim stones and claim and objective with little or no work. Any objectives being held by lone heros will trimble, as this one spell will flip that objective in your favor while also doing signifigant damage to said hero. 

On the untis you mentioned:

Flamers are good for summoning only if you have enough blue horrors. blue horror suck at shooting they are there to control the game and win the game. Some times though you want more killing power. Flamers i would say are you go to  "i need alittle more damage" summoned unit. They are tough to spawn at something like 18 fate pts, but by turn 2 or 3 one unit of flamers can make a HUGE difference if you need to pull a wound or two of a dragon or finish off a unit.  They don't do much damage, but if they jsut get a wound threw they can cause mortal wounds good enough for pulling off 1-3 wounds. 

On foot heralds are nice summons to missiosn that require heros to control objectives usualy though they are very slow, and i'll say this is the best use of a tzaangor shaman, as the tzaangor shaman can zip onto this objectives protected by his enlightend cohort to score early points. Heralds take alot of pts to summon (meaning you wont get them till turn 2 or 3) and with most hero objectives can't score them the turn they appear.  More so since they join in the movement phase the herald kind of sucks in that he can't cast spell the turn he arrive. All that said he does have one cheeky use. You can summon a herald and them from that herald summon blue horrors/brim stone, allowing you very suprizingly long summoning range when combined with the movement speed of your LoC. Keep one on hand just incase the day comes. 

Screamers and chariots are currently not worth the investment.

Hey, that's a ton of information, thanks! 

Does the Fate Bolt of Tzeentch count as the Change Bolt of Tzeentch? Like, can they be cast once each or once total? 

Are there any special tricks we can use with the Destiny Dice? Do you find yourself mostly using them on random important rolls in each game or are there uses that you come to a battle prepared to do? I mean, if you're using Glimpse the Future to regain one every turn, you're likely using a couple a turn. Saving any 1s for pink horror battleshock tests seems pretty useful. I was thinking I could use them to get perfect charge ranges off on important charges with the enlightened. I could see myself rolling a single die for casting/charging and then picking whatever number I needed to get the amount I need. 

How many pink horrors and blue horrors do I need outside of a list? Like, right now I have 10 pink horrors and 10 blue horrors, so I technically can't even produce all the blue horrors I'd need unless they both get wounded together. But if I plan to play 1k points with 10 pink horrors and 2x10 acolytes, do I need more pink horrors or more blue horrors to summon? Do you spend fate points on more blue horrors or are they saved for better demons? You said you might summon flamers if you have enough blue horrors, would you ever summon pink horrors and do you save your fate points while summoning blue horrors or do you end up with enough usually because you spend both fate points and blue horror points on them? 

Is a 10-man Pink Horror unit not enough justification for Fold Reality? I thought that'd be one of the main uses for semi-infinite blue horror points. 

I did buy the Malign Sorcery boxed set, I figured my friends might enjoy access to the endless spells, too. With all these spells and spell models I might be  tempted to put a lot of them in a list while I'm working on getting more models. Are there any ways to tell I have enough/too many endless spells? I noticed an army list a page or two back that has like 8 or 9.

Are demons generally more about summoning and arcanites more for damage? If I'm looking for increasing my potency should I be looking at Tzaangors? 

As I understand it spells of the same name can not be cast more than once per turn.

Some folks really like on foot tzaangors. I think they are kind of meh. The way I see them they die to 30 witches or whatever killy unit in the same ount of turns as 10 acolytes. The better killy units are the enlightend (disc or foot) and skyfires. 

Fold on pinks is nice and for turns 1 and maybe 2 that is the unit you will use fold on, but fold is better when you bring back enlightend on disc as they are more valuable for cleaning up and seizing ground.

I'd say the daemons arcanite thing is generally true. The daemons provide generally more summoning and play more toward board control via numbers. While the arcanite stuff pumps out the damage. 

Never summon pinks. Summoning is strongest early in the game. As that is when you can control the most table space. The first and 2nd turns are the only turns where you can reliable summon onto objectives and claim them. Pink horror take waaay too many fate points so will only arrive later and slow your summoning, and the blues they make won't matter as much as those blues too will only come much later so will have very low value. 

More over summoned pinks do the same iniatial shooting damage as blue meaning you pay double for the same damage. The pinks are on bigger bases meaning when summoned you cant squeeze as many models into objective range. Lastly,  pinks like heralds can not cast the turn they are summoned.  So definitely dont do it. 

I summon blues if I need to stop my opponent from getting some where; if I want to score an objective immediately; or if I want to make sure that on my opponents turn I will have more models on an objective to stop them from scoring. 

If any of the above are required I will spend every fate point to summon that I can on blues (which is usually the case). If the above isnt true I will summoner flamers. I will also summon flamers if the mission is a hero only objective mission and I need to kill one of my opponent's heros asap to stop them from scoring. 

You will want 15-20 blues/brims for every 10 pinks. 

I like exalted flamers over flamers generally, that said I tend to run a more Tzaangor based list with no LoC (I still need to paint mine, and want to magnetise it). 

I'd quote but on phone and keep mangling. Someone asked about destiny dice use, I'm rather fond of the magister as well, the spawn spell is rather good and a pair of 4s casts it and gets you another spell. I quite often use 5s with the OT, since it means you cast his fire blast on a 2+. As a native spell for him, I like infuse arcanum, since it moves his attacks up to 2+/2+ on the good ones.

4 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

I like exalted flamers over flamers generally, that said I tend to run a more Tzaangor based list with no LoC (I still need to paint mine, and want to magnetise it). 

I'd quote but on phone and keep mangling. Someone asked about destiny dice use, I'm rather fond of the magister as well, the spawn spell is rather good and a pair of 4s casts it and gets you another spell. I quite often use 5s with the OT, since it means you cast his fire blast on a 2+. As a native spell for him, I like infuse arcanum, since it moves his attacks up to 2+/2+ on the good ones.

I have 1 exalted flamer and 3 flamers, so that's 12 and 18 fate points. I really like horrors and flamers so I'm hoping to find some use for them. 

Edited by Kharneth

I am going to play against Iron Jaws in a 1500pts game this weekend.
I was thinking to play the same kind of list as for Order Draconis or StD Knight version. Buble wrap with horrors and kairics and shoot back. But they seem tough still. 
Does anyone as played against them? And which list strat did you use? 

8 hours ago, Asimov said:

I am going to play against Iron Jaws in a 1500pts game this weekend.
I was thinking to play the same kind of list as for Order Draconis or StD Knight version. Buble wrap with horrors and kairics and shoot back. But they seem tough still. 
Does anyone as played against them? And which list strat did you use? 

From the Ironjawz topic where an IJ player had an unfortunate encounter with Tzeentch, MW will eat at them alive with their lack of After Saves.

I'd have to agree with @kenshin620 mortal wounds are great againiron jaws. More over ironjaws bank really hard on those power super killy turns. Said turns get completely shut down by a few good screens. 

So that's the really thing just maureen sure either have enough screen to survive a double turn, or you deploy back enough that you have the time you need to summoning a strong screen. 

3 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

From the Ironjawz topic where an IJ player had an unfortunate encounter with Tzeentch, MW will eat at them alive with their lack of After Saves.

That was me haha

Yes, in the first turn of my rival he inflicted me 17 mortal wounds from more than 24".

36 minutes ago, Kharneth said:

I'm not sure if I should make my 3 miniatures Skyfires or Enlightened. What makes the Enlighten the more popular option, Skyfires seem very powerful.

One of the main things is the unit cost 200 for skyfire, 140 enlightened. Combined with fold reality, they can tank some hits too and come back.

Both are strong units.  Enlightened are very under costed at the moment. A unit of 9 will wreck almost anything in the game at this point.  Combine with Destiny Dice for battleshock and Fold Reality for a truly heinous unit that only costs 420 points. Keep in mind that even if you do not get to go first, the rerolls GREATLY increases their effectiveness in spite of diminished numbers.  Often, the enlightened that are removed were not going to fight that round anyway.

Skyfires are probably costed fairly at 200 points, although I would like to see them at 180. I am running 9x Enlightened right now but I would like to add 2 units of Skyfires to balance the army a bit.

4 hours ago, Kharneth said:

I wonder if maybe I should magnetize their arms. Do people who field skyfires and no enlightened have melee units elsewhere? What worries me about making mine into skyfires is that I'll be left without any melee units. 

Its pretty easy to do. They actually sort of stick in place without a magnet anyway.  A reasonably small magnet in the chest will do it,

Hello everyone! Long time lurker. 

I borrowed a friend's army for a tournament this past weekend. While I only went 1 - 2, I was a good dice roll away from going 2 - 1. I had fun, it was nice, and Tzeentch is really tempting for my next army project...barring some other problems. More on that in a sec.

Here is my list.

Allegiance: Tzeentch - Mortal Realm: Chamon

LEADERS
Lord Of Change (380)
General 
Command Trait : Incorporeal Form 
Artefact : Argent Armour 
Lore of Change : Tzeentch's Firestorm
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (180) 
Lore of Change : Bolt of Tzeentch
Herald Of Tzeentch (140) 
Staff of Change 
Lore of Change : Fold Reality
Magister (140)
Lore of Fate : Glimpse the Future
Daemon Prince Of Tzeentch (160)
Lore of Change : Arcane Transformation

UNITS
20 x Tzaangors (360)
10 x Kairic Acolytes (80)
10 x Kairic Acolytes (80)
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (200)

Lore of Change : Fold Reality
3 x Screamers Of Tzeentch (100)

ENDLESS SPELLS
Balewind Vortex (40)
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)
Umbral Spellportal (60)

First game was against Nurgle. Starstrike. Game went pretty well. Gaunt Summoner had very few decent targets due to a lot of elite units with Mortal Wound saves. I was able to gum up the board well enough, locked a few things in combat, and blast at least a few things off the board. But overall, not a lot died (on his side...). BUT, I managed to sneak a few points on objectives. Was literally one good Tzeentch's Firestorm from wiping all the objectives and claiming enough points for victory. I have a feeling I will come to hate Nurgle (as I already do. Love hate...)

Second game was against Slaves to Darkness. Total Conquest. This was a pretty straight forward game. He had 2 big death star units, but only one had mortal wound saves, and neither had THAT much protection. I wiped out his big block of knights in turn one, and tore open his Chosen over the next 2 turns. He conceded and I lost little overall.

Third game was against Seraphon. Battle for the Pass. Wow this was rough. He had Kroak + Balewind and Cogs for CRAZY summoning. That, and a Knight Incantor slowed down my Magic hard. To top it off, the Shadowstrike Starhost snagged objectives early and that horrible retreat trick with Skinks made them a PAIN to reclaim. Even still, due to some crazy rolls and a few shenanigans, I felt like I had a chance. Sadly, it did not work out.

So, overall thoughts: 
Lord of Change is fun.
Summoning is a nice bonus, but not to be relied on.
Magic is fun.
I wish I could have experimented with other things. I had no Enlightened/Skyfires, and from this forum, I hear all the other demon stuff is kinda meh...

Now, the problems: I am on a bit of a budget. Horrors are fun and nice, but having to buy 2 boxes of Blue and Brimstone horrors at LEAST for splitting makes them a horrible budget cost. I considered scratch build blues/brims, or even building Pink Horrors in some weird detachable way, so that they ACTUALLY split and attach to new bases to form blues/brims. But that sounds super complex and time consuming. 

So, thoughts on the list? Tips on starting Tzeentch cheap? Tips for fun conversions and other unique strategies/units that could spice things up in the long term? Also, are Burning Chariots, Heralds on Chariots, Screamers, and Flamers really that bad? :(

8 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

So, thoughts on the list? Tips on starting Tzeentch cheap? Tips for fun conversions and other unique strategies/units that could spice things up in the long term? Also, are Burning Chariots, Heralds on Chariots, Screamers, and Flamers really that bad? :(

The list looks fun to play with. The things I would have done differently: give the LoC Mark of the Conjurer for double fate points, get rid of the screamers, and use the cogs for the LOC as well. 
If you are more on a budget, deamons is not the way to go. The battle box is a great value for money with Tzaangor on Disc  and the shaman. Plus more Acolites and Tzaangor. 
Playing Mortals is less costly, you would just need a start collecting deamons and a couple of blue horrors boxes for the summoning. 

On 11/23/2018 at 8:32 PM, mmimzie said:

I'd have to agree with @kenshin620 mortal wounds are great againiron jaws. More over ironjaws bank really hard on those power super killy turns. Said turns get completely shut down by a few good screens. 

So that's the really thing just maureen sure either have enough screen to survive a double turn, or you deploy back enough that you have the time you need to summoning a strong screen. 

On 11/23/2018 at 10:02 PM, Luzgurbel said:

That was me haha

Yes, in the first turn of my rival he inflicted me 17 mortal wounds from more than 24".

Thanks for the heads up. I had a pick on the post already and it helped to make up my mind.
Here is the list I played at the end (1760 points)

Allegiance: Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (180)
- General
- Trait: Arcane Sacrifice 
- Artefact: Mark of the Conjurer 
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future
Ogroid Thaumaturge (180)
- Lore of Fate: Infusion Arcanum
Tzaangor Shaman (180)
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
Magister (140)
- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (200)
- Lore of Change: Unchecked Mutation
20 x Tzaangors (360)
10 x Kairic Acolytes (80)
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (280)
Balewind Vortex (40)
Quicksilver Swords (20)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 1760 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 118

We played Take and Hold from the core book. 

My opponent was playing  Goredrakk, 3 Gore-Gruntas, 2*10 Ardboyz, 2*5 Brutes and one Megaboss.

He went first and used his command ability to charge with 3D6, but only 1/2 of his army reached my first line and anihilated it. I was doing the, now, classic bubble wrap. 2*10 Kairics in front line, then 20 Tzaangors in a semi circular formation. The pinks behind and at last the mages. The ogroid was out of the wall to counter charge and the discs were behind it for the same purpose. 
On my turn I started to kill the Ard boys with my spells and summoned a unit of blues to back up the line.  I got also brims with the Ogroid and a Chaos Spawn with the magister. I love these two. I counter charged with the disc and got a unit of Arboys killed.

Second turn I went first. This is again a game changer. If I would have went second, my Tzaangor line and my disc may have been completely destroyed with the GG, one unit of brutes and the Goredrakk charging them.  I finished the second unit of Ard Boys and killed two GG.  I summoned more blues. 
On his turn  he killed the Tzaangor except one, the Standard bearer, perfect for the free mortal wounds. 

Third turn, after killing Goredrak and finishing the GG, I managed  to summon a unit of blues toward his objective and the game was done.

Great game overall, IJ are not a bad match up as they have nothing to deal with MW.  The soulsnare schackles were very good for this game, slowing done the units which did not make it in the first turn, and inflicting a lot of MW thanks to some lucky dices. 

I just finished to assemble my LoC with magnets, plus 3 more discs. Can't wait to see them in action!

Edited by Asimov

1 hour ago, Asimov said:

The list looks fun to play with. The things I would have done differently: give the LoC Mark of the Conjurer for double fate points, get rid of the screamers, and use the cogs for the LOC as well. 
If you are more on a budget, deamons is not the way to go. The battle box is a great value for money with Tzaangor on Disc  and the shaman. Plus more Acolites and Tzaangor. 
Playing Mortals is less costly, you would just need a start collecting deamons and a couple of blue horrors boxes for the summoning. 

Sadly, the battlebox is sold out online and I try to buy only from my LGS, so that deal has sailed. Also, while I love Discs of Tzeentch, Tzaangors just don't do it for me. They're not BAD, just not super exciting. Not quite sure why...

Pity, the Start Collecting Box seems like such a great deal... Even with the awkward Horror splitting question. And Burning Chariots look cool. Oh well, guess we'll see.

I'm working on a 2,000 point list to build into from my 1k list of LoC, Gaunt, 10 Pink Horrors, 2x10 Kairic Acolytes, and the Cogs & Swords endless spells. The list I've made is only 1700 points, I'm wondering how to finish it. I'm thinking of adding 10 more Pink Horrors (maybe removing 10 acolytes if 4 battleline is too much), some endless spells, and perhaps a command point. 

I like the cogs and blades spells, but wanted to see what other advice people have.

Leaders
Lord Of Change (380)
- General
- Trait: Magical Supremacy 
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
Tzaangor Shaman (180)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (180)

Battleline
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
- 10x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield

Units
9 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (420)

Total: 1700 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 6
Wounds: 99

So, what should I do with the remaining 300 points? I'm thinking 200 points on horrors and the rest on endless spells. 

And how do the spells look? I gave the two highest spell casts (firestorm and bolt) to the 2 best casters the LoC and Horrors. The only fate spell I wanted was Glimpse the Future so I gave it to the only guy who has to take a fate spell. 

I'm considering using the Balewind Vortex on the Gaunt Summoner to increase the range of Infernal Flames, good/bad idea? 

Edited by Kharneth

4 hours ago, Kharneth said:

I'm working on a 2,000 point list to build into from my 1k list of LoC, Gaunt, 10 Pink Horrors, 2x10 Kairic Acolytes, and the Cogs & Swords endless spells. The list I've made is only 1700 points, I'm wondering how to finish it. I'm thinking of adding 10 more Pink Horrors (maybe removing 10 acolytes if 4 battleline is too much), some endless spells, and perhaps a command point. 

I like the cogs and blades spells, but wanted to see what other advice people have.

Leaders
Lord Of Change (380)
- General
- Trait: Magical Supremacy 
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
Tzaangor Shaman (180)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (180)

Battleline
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch

Units
9 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (420)

Total: 1700 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 6
Wounds: 99

So, what should I do with the remaining 300 points? I'm thinking 200 points on horrors and the rest on endless spells. 

And how do the spells look? I gave the two highest spell casts (firestorm and bolt) to the 2 best casters the LoC and Horrors. The only fate spell I wanted was Glimpse the Future so I gave it to the only guy who has to take a fate spell. 

I'm considering using the Balewind Vortex on the Gaunt Summoner to increase the range of Infernal Flames, good/bad idea? 

I'd pick another unit then just fill with whatever and get some games in. Then see what you are lacking and what is not doing its job and adjust from there.

18 hours ago, newsun said:

I'd pick another unit then just fill with whatever and get some games in. Then see what you are lacking and what is not doing its job and adjust from there.

I'm hoping for insight from other players to avoid buying units I'll end up realizing I won't use. 

I really like Pink Horrors, but they're expensive and I'm not sure I can field 3 units, but I'd like to. I already have 3 enlightened and I'd like at least 3 more, but I'm worried about their usage. In 2,000 points 9 enlightened and a shaman is 600 points. That just seems like a lot of points located in a small unit, granted they are very fast and the points include a wizard. I'm also worried about Fold Reality because 1 in 6 casts is going to be fatal. I recently discovered (on here) that Kairo can help mitigate this with his one-time ability, but I don't think Kairo is a replacement for a Lord of Change since he's missing the command ability and his unique spell isn't quite as good, imo (plus I'd need to buy a spawn or two). 

I'm not sure if I could fit all of the things and the advice I previously got was not to take more than 3 battleline units, so if I took 30 Pinks and 0 kairic acolytes, that might not be so good. On the other hand, maybe being able to summon 20 blue horrors on turn 1 would make-up for it.