AoS 2 - Moonclan Discussion

Chris Tomlin

2 hours ago, Shankelton said:

Honestly can't see it taking that long. Why release the Destruction Rising teaser so early if they had no intention of showing off anything until February or later? Jan 5, at the event, would have been slotted for the reveal if that were the case. Considering GW has been hitting the January cadence with Tzeentch and Nurgle it seems unlikely to stop that now. 

Could be right of course, I'm fairly new to the hobby so I haven't got the release rhythm quite down yet. Likely won't see the preorders until a few weeks later, but Jan 5 would be their date to start the year off strong with a substantial roadmap/ showcase.

well released teaser follow by the GW Coming Soon tag usually means within the next three-four month period, like Idoneath was teased on late February, official trailer in March, and the actual release was between late April and most of May.

Though optimistically I think the Trailer would be release during the New Year Weekender and bulk of the release would probably be late January- early February. The latest scenario for me is if the official reveal would be in LVO during February and the bulk of release be in March.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Congratz said:

Have you guys seen this?  Trolls and giants are now in grots and there is no moonclan and gitmob.... This is for every faction order, chaos... you get the deal

image.png

Aren't giants in Gutbusters according to that list?

Hoping this is a sign of who goes where in future battletomes :D I'm all for collecting all the non-gutbuster grots into one faction, in addition to whatever else the release brings (Plastic squiiiigs!?) - Fingers crossed! 

1 hour ago, Congratz said:

Have you guys seen this?  Trolls and giants are now in grots and there is no moonclan and gitmob.... This is for every faction order, chaos... you get the deal

image.png

not sure what it mean, I feel like it just cleaning the AoS GW webpage in accordance to the AOS.com page and faction focuses they did 6 months ago so it look nicer. I don't think it means Grot soup book confirm or anything.

though I did notice that on the US page, the Wolf Chariot is "no longer available"

I did notice when I saw that today that the generic greenskinz stuff seems to have disappeared from the site.  Could still be there and I just didn't look hard enough, but it jumped out to me when I saw the news circulating.  

As for all the grots being grouped together, I hoping this is more a cleaning of the AoS webpage and not an indication of a combo book like the Beasts of Chaos.  I would be kind of shocked if the moonclan didn't get the same level of treatment as Nighthaunts and Stormcast (2nd edition stuff) as I was under the impression all four factions from Malign Portents were getting the full faction treatment (viewing a new SCE chamber as a full faction for the sake of my comment).

7 hours ago, Equinox said:

I did notice when I saw that today that the generic greenskinz stuff seems to have disappeared from the site.  Could still be there and I just didn't look hard enough, but it jumped out to me when I saw the news circulating.  

they are all under "all army of destruction" tab

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

Let's tinfoilhatting ! What would you prefer the Bad Moon be: à big center Nagashy/turtly piece, a Beast of chaos herdstony terrain or an endless spell ?

Can't we have it all? I would prefer a scenary piece and an endless spell. I think they are going to do a combined book and I think the big spider will be our centerpiece model. Although if they did a troll giant and combine the trolls into the Moonclan i would never complain again......well, I'd try not to.

It'll probably be some kind of terrain piece. Either a collection of, or a single massive mushroom, with their moon aspect either serving as an allegiance ability along the lines of Deepkin's tidal thingy, or as a wicked endless spell to end all endless spells ;) Perhaps even summoned by a prayer instead of a spell? Pure speculation on my part. 

It will be super cool, no matter what they go for. I am sure of that.

I could imagine that the rumourengined  broken rope is a grot hanging from the top of the Moon.

Or pieces of terrain that you need to collect to increase whatever effect.

Concerning the battletome, I would bet on a sort of Legion of spiderfroggoonclan, with a  Nighthaunted Troggoth battletome later in the year.

So looking at the UK and US webpage for GW, a lot stuff on the Grot tabs are "no longer available" like the troggoth, squig, and squig mangler. reason maybe (and hopefully) that there will be plastic version of these models

I did notice that the Grot Wolf chariot is totally gone in the US page and "no longer available" in the UK page. possibly  going OOP or being remade?

Edit: also some of the Greenskinz stuff are also "no longer available", boar chariot, the SC box and that bundle set with the Moonclan grot.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

So looking at the UK and US webpage for GW, a lot stuff on the Grot tabs are "no longer available" like the troggoth, squig, and squig mangler. reason maybe (and hopefully) that there will be plastic version of these models

I did notice that the Grot Wolf chariot is totally gone in the US page and "no longer available" in the UK page. possibly  going OOP or being remade?

Edit: also some of the Greenskinz stuff are also "no longer available", boar chariot, the SC box and that bundle set with the Moonclan grot.

Wouldn't count on Mangler Squig going anywhere. Might be resin, but they repacked it for AOS so I can't imagine they'd scrap it. No changes to the Canadian GW store as of now.  So close to announcement, anything's possible. Of course, as we get closer and closer, I'm less and less convinced they will retire as much of the Grot line as I'd like. Some of those sculpts are super dated, and I can't imagine them fitting the asethetic of whatever new  models they plan too release. 

Personally I'm expecting big things from the Moonclan release including

Plastic Squigs and Squig herders

Fungus Troggoths

Grot Scutlings

The overall army theme I think is going to be very much insprired by the two Underworlds warbands and represent a fungus based mutant army.

We'll almost certainly get some endless spells, probably some kind of spider or squig swarm, a mushroom which exudes spores (maybe healing, maybe boost attacks, maybe damaging) and a Bad Moon to boost morale.

I'd be surprised by a terrain piece, especially given the likelyhood of 3 to 4 new units

2 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Wouldn't count on Mangler Squig going anywhere. Might be resin, but they repacked it for AOS so I can't imagine they'd scrap it. No changes to the Canadian GW store as of now.  So close to announcement, anything's possible. Of course, as we get closer and closer, I'm less and less convinced they will retire as much of the Grot line as I'd like. Some of those sculpts are super dated, and I can't imagine them fitting the asethetic of whatever new  models they plan too release. 

they don't tend to repackage resin or metal models though only plastic ones. granted I did think that the Squig mangler is still a decent sculpted model even if it is resin that they would update other model first like the squigs and Warboss.

I was more wondering what up with the Wolf chariot completely disappearing from the US store ( maybe going into OOP and no longer being made)

4 hours ago, Shankelton said:

resin models aren't shipped in retail packaging.   It was rebased to a round base and rephotographed for the website. and that was not done recently or anything... 
Mangler squigs are "no longer available" on en-CA.

9 hours ago, sorokyl said:

resin models aren't shipped in retail packaging.   It was rebased to a round base and rephotographed for the website. and that was not done recently or anything... 

Its a little different in the EU store, mangler squigs are still available, but some other stuff are gone.

9C517D02-EE8B-4822-AF7F-26A6B14E6857.jpeg

5E274742-F35C-408E-BE5A-364D5D3C68DC.jpeg

9 hours ago, sorokyl said:

Oh? I was not aware of that! I just saw the round bases and assumed that correlated with a repack. Perhaps they will retire all the old squigs, and the sour/ rockgut troggoths. A grot can hope!

Archived