AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

20 hours ago, PlayerJ said:

They are the under enhancements section 

Doh! I had seen them on my initial read through, didn't really register them as we had no priests. Every subsequent read through I went right to the prayers section instead. Lol.

Thanks!

Wardokks are going to be really good. With ritual dance, magic and a prayer each turn they offer so much for their points.

They synergise best with Rogue Idols too with heals and buffs. Think running x2 may be a good shout this edition:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
- Warclan: Drakkfoot
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Warlord Battalion
Wardokk (85)
- General
- Artefact: Burnin' Tattooz

- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits/smite
Wardokk (85)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka/guidance
Wardokk (85)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry/curse
Wardokk (85)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Kunnin' Beast Spirits/heal
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (260)

Hunters of the Heartlands Battalion
10 x Savage Boarboys (280)

- Stikkas
5 x Savage Boarboys (140)
- Stikkas
- Stikkas

Alpha Beast Pack Battalion
Rogue Idol (420)
Rogue Idol (420)

Total: 2000 / 2000

Hopefully Rogue Idols won't go up in points too much, I'd expect them to go up by 10 as most of our units have, but I think they're a little overcosted as is when compared to say Gargants.

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Towenaar said:

Wardokks are going to be really good. With ritual dance, magic and a prayer each turn they offer so much for their points.

They synergise best with Rogue Idols too with heals and buffs. Think running x2 may be a good shout this edition:

Hide contents

- Warclan: Drakkfoot
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Warlord Battalion
Wardokk (85)
- General
- Artefact: Burnin' Tattooz

- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits/smite
Wardokk (85)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka/guidance
Wardokk (85)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry/curse
Wardokk (85)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Kunnin' Beast Spirits/heal
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (260)

Hunters of the Heartlands Battalion
10 x Savage Boarboys (280)

- Stikkas
- Stikkas
- Stikkas

Alpha Beast Pack Battalion
Rogue Idol (420)
Rogue Idol (420)

Total: 2000 / 2000

Hopefully Rogue Idols won't go up in points too much, I'd expect them to go up by 10 as most of our units have, but I think they're a little overcosted as is when compared to say Gargants.

Nice. This is what I was thinking.

Sub Faction: Drakkfoot

HQ
Wurrgog Prophet 170 (burning tattoo, kunning bs)
Wardokk 85 (guidance, breath of gorkamorka)
Wardokk 85 (heal, gorka morka warcry)
Wardokk 85 (curse, brutal beast spirits)

Battleline
30 Arrow Boys 390
30 Arrow Boys 390
5 Boar Boys 140 (stikkas)

Behemoth
Rogue Idol 420*

Endless Spells
Emerald Life Swarm 60
Burning Head 20

Battalion: Battle Regiment

Total: 1985

but.... I could drop the 2nd arrowboy unit and the burning head and drop in the 2nd rogue Idol. I kind of like that actually.

Edited by bonzai
  • Like 2

The Errata is out and they basically changed nothing for us, which is understandable since the new tome is right arround the corner but still annoying since we still have to wait to see what boat we are sitting. 

Sure we are better off then others but man I want to know everything right now :D.

18 hours ago, AlmGandix3 said:

The Errata is out and they basically changed nothing for us, which is understandable since the new tome is right arround the corner but still annoying since we still have to wait to see what boat we are sitting. 

Sure we are better off then others but man I want to know everything right now :D.

Feels like the changes to other armies is actually good for us.  Basically all rerolls to saves have turned into +1sv.  Since +1 save is so prevalent in 3 anyway (and max +1 save core rule) it helps mitigate our lack of rend a bit.  Much easier to brute force through  when no one is rerolling saves.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Feels like the changes to other armies is actually good for us.  Basically all rerolls to saves have turned into +1sv.  Since +1 save is so prevalent in 3 anyway (and max +1 save core rule) it helps mitigate our lack of rend a bit.  Much easier to brute force through  when no one is rerolling saves.

Double edged sword though, due to the wording of our shields, we can't improve our saves on several of our units either. 5+ is the best we get, excluding the rogue Idol. I was kind of hoping that the FAQ would fix that, but at least we should be getting a new tome out as soon as they finish revealing the Kruel Boys. Sadly, I am afraid that they will just add in the kruel Boys, tweek the big whaag abilities, add the underworld units, and call it a day. 

My minimal hopes for Bonesplitterz was:

1. Change the wording on shields to giving a flat 5+ save instead. This way they work against ranged and melee, and can be enhanced one more time.

2. Tweak the Kopp rukk. It is near worthless if you run a Wurrgog, (which you should), thanks to only being able to cast the spell one time anyways.. Give back the casting bonuses or make the wardokks auto pass their dances. 

3. Fix our path to glory tables to include all of our units. Seriously.... every edition has had some of our units missing, and we are the only army that I have noticed it happening too. I would like to see it done right for once.

My pie in the sky hopes would be new units, but that is unlikely for this update. Kruel Boys are technically the new units for the tome, and they will likely leave it there for now.

However the new Iron Jaws model and the underworlds squad gives me hope that they haven't been defacto squated. The Lord Kroak and other individual hero releases for storm cast and sylvaneth also gives me hope that we could get a solo release with a named character One day. My money would be on Golgaz Stoneclaw. He has been talked up in path to glory, firestorm, and the lead up to Soul Storm. Model wise they would have fun creating him with his 3 trophy heads. Rule wise would also be fun and thematic. The Gork boss head let's him do something brutal, the Mork boss head let's him do something kunning, and wurrgog head let's him cast. Thus far he is the clear choice, provided he survived.

I could also see Endless Spells and Faction terrain that could work for all 3 armies. In particular I could see waaagh Banners being a thing. Maybe 3 per box, with a few customizable gubbinz to flavor them towards your factions. They could provide some benefits to units near them like improved bravery, and charge, and maybe once per game you can spend a command point and return a destroyed battle line unit within 9 inches of it. Thematically representing more orruks being drawn to the waagh. All orruk factions would benefit and it gives us limited summoning.

Less likely would be other units. There are a few that I could see filling gaps in the army and really fitting Thematically. 

1. Boar mounted Wurrgog and Big Boss. No brainer here. Great for keeping up with mounted armies, and gives a few more wounds to our general.

2. Mork Boss. Change the existing big boss to a Gork boss, and make a ranged varient that has a more cunning ability set.

3. A totem. I picture several orcs carrying a litter with the tribes greatest trophy skull upon it, with a shaman on it who counts as a priest of Gorkamorka. This would naturally come with a priest prayer table that the Wardokks could also use.

4. An Infiltrator unit. Savage orruk stalkers. These are the guys that track, stalk, and flush out prey for the tribe. Armed with short ranged javelin, they can come in from table edges. If an opponents monster/Behemoth is the closest model, they can get within 6 inches instead of 9. They would also get a Rukk that would let them come in off of pregame designated terrain pieces instead as an ambush. Thematically they would represent the nose of the beast, that let's it root out and pursue it's prey.

5. Heavy infantry. Savage Orruk Big un's with hodge poge bone armor and 2 handed choppers. They would be our elite anvil unit with better saves, better rend, and better damage. Thematically they would be former iron jaws, and their rukk would represent the molars of the beast. They are used to grind the bones of their prey, and release the essence of gorkamorka that is trapped within.

6. A show piece monster unit.... Squiggoths! I picture Squiggoths with two variant howders. One with orcs with harpoon and nets. The other potentially having a wurrgog and his best Wardokks/shamans with him. The are used to intercept and ensnare prey so that the tribe can take them down.

That is my pie in the sky hopes for my army. I don't see any of this happening, but would be happy to be surprised.

Edited by bonzai
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, AlmGandix3 said:

Personally I would want a mounted big boss and wyverns, possibly mounted by wizard or boss and unmounted. There are pictures of bonesplitterz on wyverns.

I onestly just want to use my old azhags and single wyvern.

From the rumors I heard that the Kruel Boys are getting wyvern. Other factions have laid claim to wynerns. That's why I like the idea of Squiggoths. Who else would be mad enough to try and domesticate and tame them?

• Like 1

Hey guys!

Got a 100 players V2  tournament this weekend and I challenged a local Podcast host for the first game. I don’t know what will be the exact composition of his army but the only thing I know is that it’s gonna bring Archaon and will be Tzeentch heavy.

I don’t have a lot of tournament experience and would like to have pointers 😉.

Thanks in advance!

My army list is the following:

(Clan: Icebone)

Wurrgog Prophet 

General

Artefact: Kattanak Pelt 

Command Trait: Great Hunter Spell:        

Spell: Breath of Gorkamorka

Savage Big Boss

Savage Big Boss

Wardokk Spell: Brutal Beast Spirits

Wardokk Spell: Kunnin' Beast Spirits

15x Savage Boarboys (Stikka)

30x Savage Orruk Arrowboys

30x Savage Orruks (Stikka)

1x Rogue Idol

9427EC5C-AC4D-42A4-AEC7-70176AA821BC.jpeg

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 7/8/2021 at 5:49 PM, Bonesplitterz said:

It’s a V2 tournament guys 🙃

If he is bringing the usual filth with Kairos and the portal, it can be a rough match up. Expect a hero turning into a spawn, tagging your units each turn. In my experience the best you can do is avoiding Archy (when hes buffed) and try to take out the rest of his army, mainly the little wizards and the big bird. He can be in only one place so try to spread out and focus on the points rather than on killing stuff. The more objective is on the table the better chances you have.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess if you want to run a one drop Alpha list you need to include the Idol.

Such a shame that I don't have one.

Spoiler

- Warclan: Icebone
- Mortal Realm: Aqshy
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (170) in Battle Regiment
- General
- Command Trait: Great Hunter
- Artefact: Glowin' Tattooz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka
Wardokk (85) in Battle Regiment
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal
Wardokk (85) in Battle Regiment
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Guidance

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (390) in Battle Regiment
- Reinforced x 2
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (390) in Battle Regiment
- Reinforced x 2
10 x Savage Orruks (130) in Battle Regiment
- Stikkas
5 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (150) in Battle Regiment
5 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (150) in Battle Regiment

Behemoths
Rogue Idol (420) in Battle Regiment

Core Battalions
Battle Regiment

Total: 1970 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 203

Also waiting for a new book. Tapping shooting in the Hero phase is so strong, even if you can't use AAA.

8 hours ago, Verminlord said:

I'm from Texas, I just asked him about it:

Capture.PNG

Screenshot_20210728-094430_Discord.jpg

Very nice. I have been seriously eyeing Bundo as a back up in case Rogue Idols get squated. I played a small tournament on Saturday, and agree that triple Wardokk is the way to go. I also had a brick of 30 arrowboys, but instead had 2 Rogue Idols. Being able to kick objectives adds a whole new aspect to the list, and solves one of the problems my list had regarding force projection. 

Only change I would do to his list is swap the boarboy maniacs for regular Boar Boys, and add an Emerald lifeswarm. The extra healing adds up, especially now that you can control it. Will help top off Bundo and can be parked next to the arrowboys to help replenish the squad.

On 6/27/2021 at 5:26 AM, bonzai said:

Nice. This is what I was thinking.

Sub Faction: Drakkfoot

HQ
Wurrgog Prophet 170 (burning tattoo, kunning bs)
Wardokk 85 (guidance, breath of gorkamorka)
Wardokk 85 (heal, gorka morka warcry)
Wardokk 85 (curse, brutal beast spirits)

Battleline
30 Arrow Boys 390
30 Arrow Boys 390

Behemoth
Rogue Idol 420*

Endless Spells
Emerald Life Swarm 60
Burning Head 20

Battalion: Battle Regiment

Total: 1985

but.... I could drop the 2nd arrowboy unit and the burning head and drop in the 2nd rogue Idol. I kind of like that actually.

I really like this.  I've been looking at similar things myself.  

I definitely prefer the other wizards over the Wurggog Prophet - I'd take either a 4th Wardokk and / or a Maniak Weirdnob over him currently.  MWN's rerolls are clutch, especially the extra chances to dispell.

I think my list was basically the same but with a 4th Wardokk and the extra points gone into another unit of pigs (I hadn't settled on Endless Spells).

I think it would be particularly strong as a Teams event list.

8 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

I really like this.  I've been looking at similar things myself.  

I definitely prefer the other wizards over the Wurggog Prophet - I'd take either a 4th Wardokk and / or a Maniak Weirdnob over him currently.  MWN's rerolls are clutch, especially the extra chances to dispell.

I think my list was basically the same but with a 4th Wardokk and the extra points gone into another unit of pigs (I hadn't settled on Endless Spells).

I think it would be particularly strong as a Teams event list.

The Wurrgog pulled his weight. Extra command points, 2 spells a turn, and with all the bonuses to cast, it gets easy to boost the Fist of gork spell. Killed off half a unit of Witch elves in one blast, in my tournament on Saturday. That being said, I can certainly see the appeal of a maniac wierdnob. Rerolls, and the exploding 6's spells makes a compelling argument, as curse is such a short range. Plus he is fast, and that is important for certain missions that require a hero to capture objectives. 

My lists main problem was power projection on multiple fronts. The boarboys were great for screening and grabbing early objectives,  but they can't sustain against anything serious. The rest of my list slowly ground down anything in it's path, but a lot of weight was put on the pigs early. It didn't help that I never got past turn 3 either due to time constraints. The Bundo list offers an interesting solution, and the Wierdnob speeds up the archers considerably. It is an approach that I will certainly be thinking about.

• Like 3