Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

Just now, Dawnmane said:

I just realised the UK Games Expo is this weekend. Don't we all think that's when the release date for AOS 2 will be announced? Would make sense, and they've already announced that they will be previewing a lot of new stuff.

Yes, I think it is highly likely that they will announce the starter set and the exact launch date during their preview seminar. I wonder what other stuff we will see. Hopefully we will get a better look at the new Mortarch.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Chikout said:

Yes, I think it is highly likely that they will announce the starter set and the exact launch date during their preview seminar. I wonder what other stuff we will see. Hopefully we will get a better look at the new Mortarch.

yeah that sounds likely. I can't believe there are so many preview events! And Age of Sigmar Open Day in a month! GW is taking over the world.

2 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

yeah that sounds likely. I can't believe there are so many preview events! And Age of Sigmar Open Day in a month! GW is taking over the world.

So the AoS open day is now on June 30th, so ideally we'll know the major pieces by then(and hopefully preorders at least starting). If AoS2e is in full swing by then, I wonder if they'd just be doing full announcements of things about to come out in a few weeks of if they'd use it as an opportunity to announce later in the summer events and post-Nighthaunt/Stormcast battletomes.

1 hour ago, Thebiggesthat said:

Honestly, it doesn't feel like a two way street with the community team. They seem (and I use this as I'm not dealing in definite, just perceptions) to be keen to hear from those that are already in the city walls, and not those outside, so to speak. 

The community only really has itself to blame for this. We used to have official GW forums when forums were first a thing. The vitriol got so bad they were taken down and set GW community engagement back a decade.

31 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

So the AoS open day is now on June 30th, so ideally we'll know the major pieces by then(and hopefully preorders at least starting). If AoS2e is in full swing by then, I wonder if they'd just be doing full announcements of things about to come out in a few weeks of if they'd use it as an opportunity to announce later in the summer events and post-Nighthaunt/Stormcast battletomes.

Well they said "Coming June" in the original teaser, so June 30th really is the last day it could possibly be released.

The UK Games Expo also has a GW Q&A panel which says in the description contains "major reveals", possibly the release date. So either the 2nd, 9th or 16th will be preorder day, with a 2 week delay like mentioned earlier. Either way there's a lot to look forward to!

4 hours ago, Thebiggesthat said:

Otherwise, people fill in the blanks. Me personally, I think the following when it's all whispers and drips. It's not balanced, it's there to make people buy models or follow the meta.

I don't think GW is under any obligation to correct people who run wild with their imaginations.  If you're uncertain you wait for the full set of details.  This is a fast food culture mentality and I just don't support it.  

42 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

I just realised the UK Games Expo is this weekend. Don't we all think that's when the release date for AOS 2 will be announced? Would make sense, and they've already announced that they will be previewing a lot of new stuff.

Pretty sure they will use it to promote the hell out of AoS2.

But even that aside. This weekend the Imperial Knight pre-order goes live. I think that the pre-order for AoS2 goes live after that, on the 9th of June. They said they have an article for every day until the release. That's why I asked how many factions are left without a preview. My guess is they can stretch it out until the 9th.

Just now, AGPO said:

The community only really has itself to blame for this. We used to have official GW forums when forums were first a thing. The vitriol got so bad they were taken down and set GW community engagement back a decade.

Progress is made by questioning the status quo, and looking forward. 

Just like the political system here, we can say 'well it's the previous lot's fault' till the cows come home. Or say 'look where we are now, lets change this'.

That time has gone. Lets always be moving forward, and that includes GW.

3 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

I don't think GW is under any obligation to correct people who run wild with their imaginations.  If you're uncertain you wait for the full set of details.  This is a fast food culture mentality and I just don't support it.  

You seem to be missing my point, which suggests I haven't made it clear enough. 

I'm saying that better communication stops this imagination train running off the rails. You will never stop it, but you can mitigate it by more intelligent and wider engagement .

1 minute ago, Thebiggesthat said:

You seem to be missing my point, which suggests I haven't made it clear enough. 

I'm saying that better communication stops this imagination train running off the rails. You will never stop it, but you can mitigate it by more intelligent and wider engagement .

I won't disagree with that, but, as mentioned earlier even with things fully in the open people come to their own conclusions that might not be correct.  

GW could write an article that says, "Don't worry summoning will be fair and balanced", but that means different things to different people and unless they release all the rules people still won't have the right picture.

Personally, I am worried about the size of armies.  Part of the issue with WHFB was the cost of getting into the hobby and it seems we're going in the wrong direction.  I have no issues with it, because I have piles of models, but this certainly will strain other hobbyists.

I think they are deliberately stoking the "imagination train" because wild speculation IS an effective form of engagement. Theyll do all the indepth designers notes stuff in white dwarf and on actual release week. This stage of the campaign is literally to wind everyone up to get the conversation going, and we can see its working a treat in this very thread!

I'm not arguing on the current strategy, I'm saying that I don't believe that it's the right approach. 

The Daily Mail keeps publishing articles that I believe are utterly abhorrent and disgusting. They do this to cater for their readership, but also to get a reaction. A view is a view, and the cross people look at the same advert as the happy person. 

I don't believe this is good for GW as a brand going forward and would like to see a different approach. 

Lots of artefacts to choose from. I'm guessing all this will be in the "expanded" rules of the new core rule book. So while it won't be a hard necessity, it'll be like the 40k core book in that you'll really want it to expand beyond basic games. I'll bet the all realm stuff is probably also in these expanded rules and is meant to work across all type of play including matched.

2 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

I think they are deliberately stoking the "imagination train" because wild speculation IS an effective form of engagement. Theyll do all the indepth designers notes stuff in white dwarf and on actual release week. This stage of the campaign is literally to wind everyone up to get the conversation going, and we can see its working a treat in this very thread!

Wind up, or get people engaged?  I know me and people I play with are on the engaged and excited side. It’s sales 101, drive interest in your product before release. If you find it irritating avoid it (which for a lot of main stream products with ad budgets is near impossible, see iPhones, latest fancy TV etc.)

1 minute ago, smucreo said:

I don't think so, imo choosing a realm will allow you to choose between your own spell lores/artifacts/traits and the ones the realm gives you. that's how i see it anyway

I see it in the same way. If I say my idoneth are from X realm I will choose between my idoneth artefacts and the realm artefacts...

Maybe is an addon but I see it very cool. The ones that wanna think most will go for a realm and the ones that don't (as my friends) sure they are ok with battletome artefacts

1 minute ago, smucreo said:

I don't think so, imo choosing a realm will allow you to choose between your own spell lores/artifacts/traits and the ones the realm gives you. that's how i see it anyway

That's the impression I'm getting too. That'll be nice for the non-battle tome armies to maybe get some options beyond just Grand Alliance stuff. Actually if the artefacts and spells are good enough, it might actually make GA armies viable  in general (outside of a few cheesy combo lists).

Archived