Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Oh! That's quite a buff! It triggers on a 6+ at the moment - And yes, it normally says something along the lines of "When a friendly chaos unit is picked to pile in" 

I think me reading it as a 4+ was wishful thinking but the 3" limitation for nongenerals isnt as big of a deal with the promotion system they announced

Just now, TheMuphinMan said:

I think me reading it as a 4+ was wishful thinking but the 3" limitation for nongenerals isnt as big of a deal with the promotion system they announced

Yeah, me too. I threw it into photoshop and messed around with it. It looks like a 6+.

13 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

It looks like the chaos ability is
"when a friendly chaos unit picked is to fight, roll a dice if it is within 12" of your general or 3" of a friendly hero. on a 4+ add one to hit rolls for that unit for that fight"
So they are changing the wording of "changing pile in and attack" to "fight"?

4+ would be neat! Even 3+ with the last comand trait (got a new name but still the same).

But I can't see any number, could still be 6+ ..

Looks like everything is the same. The chaos allegiance trait thingy has been renamed something along the lines of Unbriddled malice? 

All the command traits have the same name, except number 6, which replaces "Great Destroyer" with what I can only guess to be "Malicious.. Conqueror"..?  The effect is the same as "Great Destroyer"

All the artifacts have the same name, and seems to be the same as before; but it looks like the Crown of Conquest (Artifact number 6) has been changed to something along the lines of "Friendly chaos units do not have to take battleshock tests while within 6" of the wielder." - Which I will assume still triggers on a 4+, but I see no mention of it. The first half of the text is very difficult to decipher. 

38 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Are anyone able to read any of it? The resolution is awful :(

Yeah, it’s pretty bad but ... not horribly illegible given that they have gone to consistent phrasing.

Interestingly the spells listed for battles in the realm appear to read they they are a “WIZARDS know this spell in addition to any others that they know”

For Ghyran that is a ‘Shield Of Thorns’ and in Hysh it is a “<illegible>’s Projection”

The Command Traits are also the same, with a “you can use this Command Trait” 

The one for Hysh appears to be:

Strike Quickly - “You can use this Command ability at the start of the Combat Phase. If you do pick a friendly unit within (?)” of a HERO OR (12?)” from your general and within (?)” of the enemy. That unit fights immediately instead of fighting (......?) in the combat phase.”

1 minute ago, bsharitt said:

If CSI and other crime drama TV has taught me anything, it's that you guys just need to hit the enhance button a few more times.

AoSPreviewCoreBook-June11-Spread248-249og2.jpg.f72e1c4541ee46892566fbaf0dea0924.jpg

I extrapolated the cross-server bitrate through a reddit-processor.

8 minutes ago, Num said:

I can't read a thing as well, but it seems to me that "cunning deceiver" has changed into something impacting (removing?) enemies command points, hasn't it?

Oh! Good spot! 

This is what I got:

"Roll a dice at the (start/end?) of each of your ___  ____  as long as this ___   ___ has ___  ___  ____. On a 3+ you (receive/remove?) 1 ____ command point." 

Alternative: "On a 3+ may ____ 1 entire/enemy command point" 

Hypothesis: On a 3+, may steal 1 command point from the enemy.

3 hours ago, Nevvermore said:

Anyone else notice that AoS now costs just as much as 40k to play in terms of books? To play matched, you need the core book, the GHB and your battletome. When AoS was new you didn't need to buy any books at all, and the first few battletomes weren't really necessary since all they had was a few battallions.

To be fair, you couldnt play Matched Play when AoS was new. It seems there is a real market for it though, so if players are willing to shell out on countless rehashed rulebooks to stay current (instead of shiny models) then fair play to GW for catering to them!

Im loving everything im seeing of the new release, but yeah, rules spread across 3 books, and the 3rd full Stormcast book in 3 years(!!) do give me a bit of a twitch ?

5 days to pre-order and we know NOTHING about the NEW release of Nighthaunt and Stormcast. It is quite disapointing. No new units, nothing about previewed units (like black coach) , nothing about their new synergies, nada, rien que dale. The  starter box is far from making an army.

1 minute ago, GeneralZero said:

5 days to pre-order and we know NOTHING about the NEW release of Nighthaunt and Stormcast. It is quite disapointing. No new units, nothing about previewed units (like black coach) , nothing about their new synergies, nada, rien que dale. The  starter box is far from making an army.

It was the same for Nurgle and blightwar.  And we do know some things, we've seen warscrolls at least.

6 hours ago, stratigo said:

They aren't changing allegiance abilities. They would have mentioned if they were. And I think people are being wildly optimistic about point changes. GW almost always balances based on the current meta and not the future one.

No, they said that the Allegiance abilities were still there - not that they were exactly the same.  Here is exactly what they said:

Finally, for every kind of gamer, the General’s Handbook 2018 contains a new set of rules for summoning for every army that used it before, as well as allegiance abilities for every faction that was featured last year – for reference, that’s:

Then they listed the allegiance abilities from the previous book.  Nothing in what they said claims that the allegiance abilities were not tweaked or adjusted in any way.  They may end up exactly the same, or some of them may end up different.  All we know at this point is that the GHB will include the allegiances that they listed as having been retained.  Other than that we don't know anything.

1 minute ago, Drofnum said:

It was the same for Nurgle and blightwar.  And we do know some things, we've seen warscrolls at least.

I'm still of the belief that Blightwar happened out of cycle because production issues pushed out the Nurgle general release.

2 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Theyll preview the new armies when theyre due to be up for pre order. Why would they distract from promoting the heck out of the new starter box?

Also we have seen loads of art of non-starter stuff, as well as the black coach and the craven king!

1 minute ago, Captain Marius said:

Theyll preview the new armies when theyre due to be up for pre order. Why would they distract from promoting the heck out of the new starter box?

Also we have seen loads of art of non-starter stuff, as well as the black coach and the craven king!

I think with 40k 8th they released the new edition and starter first and then did the deathguard and space marine releases afterwards as separate releases. I'm guessing this will be similar.

6 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

I'm super undecided. I really want the Wizard on Gryph-charger from the starter set and I'm interested in getting some Sacrosanct units but I don't want to end up with a load of models that aren't optimized for match play. If Evocators come in 5s then the Starter set ones are useless. You could get up to 10 Sequitors with the little booster box but then you have two Primes with shields which you wouldn't ever use.

Buy the items you want from Ebay then.  A week or two after release and half the components of the box will probably be parts out on ebay for pretty cheap. 

9 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I think with 40k 8th they released the new edition and starter first and then did the deathguard and space marine releases afterwards as separate releases. I'm guessing this will be similar.

Hopefully it wont take til december for all the new units to be released, looking at you blight-crawler!

16 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

No, they said that the Allegiance abilities were still there - not that they were exactly the same.  Here is exactly what they said:

Then they listed the allegiance abilities from the previous book.  Nothing in what they said claims that the allegiance abilities were not tweaked or adjusted in any way.  They may end up exactly the same, or some of them may end up different.  All we know at this point is that the GHB will include the allegiances that they listed as having been retained.  Other than that we don't know anything.

In the Wanderers section of the Aelven focus, they mentioned mechanic changes.  I am assuming that was referring to their allegiance abilities. 

Archived