The Black Sunz - Ironjawz - Update 28/02 - PICS! Whole new army painted!!

Chris Tomlin

@Chris Tomlin Just had a bit of a rant about this at my club as well recently. I am pretty much the only person who has an army which is reliant on inspiring presence to an extent and has no shooting/ranged threat. 

Nobody agrees with me that we kinda need the megabrutes to be somewhat competitive currently. 

They play sylvaneth, about 3 Stormcast players, one Nurgle and a few death. All of which don't really care about battleshock or have a ranged threat. 

Looking forward to the episode. 

It's out there now @N_Watson ....

Go get it. Let me know what you think. The "General must be a Leader" thing is super interesting as I just feel there is probably bias from both sides...it's just that those making the decisions happen to fall on the opposite side haha. I guess it frustrates me as it's always been in the game and was so recently confirmed via FAQ.

Ah well. I'm done on it now. Probably.

• Like 2

The "fluff" argument annoys the hell out of me "oooooh your Megaboss should be the general as he is Da biggest" meanwhile you have a celestial hurrcalicalllaammaiiiiiiim (you spell it I obviously can't) in a sylvaneth army or 3 huskards mooching about with Bonesplittas who would/should turn about and start bashing their own monsters from a "fluff" perspective. 

Anyway it's obviously hyper offensive to the majority of the player base of AoS simply because they have to then actually play a bit to get their easy wins over us poor ironjawz :-) 

looking at the lists for Alliance tourney coming up 1 ironjawz player...... sad times 

• Like 5

The "fluff" argument annoys the hell out of me "oooooh your Megaboss should be the general as he is Da biggest" meanwhile you have a celestial hurrcalicalllaammaiiiiiiim (you spell it I obviously can't) in a sylvaneth army or 3 huskards mooching about with Bonesplittas who would/should turn about and start bashing their own monsters from a "fluff" perspective. 
Anyway it's obviously hyper offensive to the majority of the player base of AoS simply because they have to then actually play a bit to get their easy wins over us poor ironjawz :-) 
looking at the lists for Alliance tourney coming up 1 ironjawz player...... sad times 

Delegation is key to any leadership strategy,

"Oi Ratgash, you tell da Boyz what to do, I'm going to crump some stunties"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Sangfroid said:

Really though, those are entirely different things. There are plenty of examples of alliances in literally every AoS book that has been released. There is not, as far as I know, a single example in the fluff where a grunt is bossing a big bad Megaboss around. From a fluff standpoint, I entirely understand the argument - I even agree with it! In the case of the Moonclan/BCR alliance it's probably a needed nerf as well.

The problem is that it really hits armies with low model count and low Bravery, like the Ironjawz, hard. Not only do we generally not get any bonus Bravery from numbers, but every model lost hurts really bad as well. It's very problematic, and it only hits the Ironjawz since there is really not any other army in the game with similar characteristics. On the other hand, I don't think that it's that bad - the Megabrutes can still be run if you babysit them with a Megaboss, however it is not as strong. And we still have other options available.

Read fury of Gork, one of his grunta-bosses starts getting antsy so Gordrakk says fine go off and lead the assault  (With an inner monologue to say he hopes the silly old fool gets himself killed) 

so to could our Megaboss allow an underling to "lead" a battle while he goes and shows the boyz who is really the boss by breaking heads if the bruteboss succeeds he is still an underling because he can't take on the Megaboss, if he succeeds then it actually because of all the bashing the Megaboss did, right, who ere is gonna step up and say otherwise ;-)

1 hour ago, Sangfroid said:

Read fury of Gork, one of his grunta-bosses starts getting antsy so Gordrakk says fine go off and lead the assault  (With an inner monologue to say he hopes the silly old fool gets himself killed) 

so to could our Megaboss allow an underling to "lead" a battle while he goes and shows the boyz who is really the boss by breaking heads if the bruteboss succeeds he is still an underling because he can't take on the Megaboss, if he succeeds then it actually because of all the bashing the Megaboss did, right, who ere is gonna step up and say otherwise ;-)

Was just about to provide this example. You can't argue it is against the fluff. It is in their most recent FAQ. The only reason they have to comp it is they don't like it. 

A bit upset that they didn't spend an extra 5 minutes of time to outline specific examples of why they are comping it and only comp those examples. 

No fair. 

• 2 weeks later...

I did hear an example of someone running the "Mooclan" list (huge squads of grots shielding two or more thundertusk) where they selected the champion of the 60 man grot unit as the general so that they always had immune to battleshock. That might be an example of abuse, but maybe specify that a general has to have more than three wounds? Just a thought.

loathe the very idea of "comp," and have for decades. The point of a game tournament — Warhammer, Infinity, chess, backgammon, whatever — is to find the best player of that game.

The title of the rulebook is Warhammer: Age of Sigmar not "Warhammer: Ben and his Mates' Edition." I want to play Warhammer: Age of Sigmar not "Warhammer: Ben and his Mates' Edition." I want to know who is the best at playing Warhammer: Age of Sigmar not "Warhammer: Ben and his Mates' Edition."

Every TO who house rules the game completely invalidates their tournament's ability to determine the best player of the game.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thain said:

loathe the very idea of "comp," and have for decades. The point of a game tournament — Warhammer, Infinity, chess, backgammon, whatever — is to find the best player of that game.

The title of the rulebook is Warhammer: Age of Sigmar not "Warhammer: Ben and his Mates' Edition." I want to play Warhammer: Age of Sigmar not "Warhammer: Ben and his Mates' Edition." I want to know who is the best at playing Warhammer: Age of Sigmar not "Warhammer: Ben and his Mates' Edition."

Every TO who house rules the game completely invalidates their tournament's ability to determine the best player of the game.

Haha, we have argued a lot lately, and obviously I disagree with you again. Being a good player requires being able to adapt to different circumstances and restrictions. The winner of every tournament is the one that was the best at adapting to the TO rule set (and had a lucky draw of opponents). You have to adapt to different scenarios and opponents anyway - comp just makes it so that you have to adapt to list-building restrictions as well. No biggie.

The purpose of comp is twofold. The first part is to move emphasis from the lists to the players, by limiting the most heinously broken combinations and leveling the play field. That allows the best player to win, rather than the best list. The second part is to ensure that the event is as fun and friendly as possible to everyone attending. The TO's are out of necessity more interested in creating a good atmosphere that attracts a lot of people and make them want to come back than they are in crowning the cut-throat champion with the filthiest list around. Comp can certainly help with this.

Either way, this is massively off topic, so we shouldn't derail @Chris Tomlin's thread anymore. Sorry Chris!

• Like 2

@Solaris and @Thain - No worries boyz! I've noted that our "arguments" here in the Destruction forum tend to be much better mannered than those elsewhere!! It's fine to have differing opinions and I think for the most part, the group of frequent posters we have in Destruction are respectful of one another and leave each "argument" within that specific thread. No grudges held etc.

Regarding my thread, work has been insane this week so I haven't been able to post properly at all :( 

Even more of a shame considering the thread was featured on one of @Ben's daily shows. Will get it caught up for you ASAP.
If you wanna hear about my time at the Sheffield Slaughter, including an epic Ironjawz-off; Megaboss vs Master @Russ Veal, check out the latest Age of Sigbrah podcast episode;

http://ageofsigbrah.podbean.com/e/age-of-sigbrah-ep38-plenty-of-pike/

Cheers
Chris

Edited by Chris Tomlin

Right then guys, over a month since the last proper update...

It's definitely time to raise this leviathan from the depths! After a brief hiatus and spending some time with my eye being drawn elsewhere, I have returned to my one true love; the Ironjawz.

I've made the decision to take Da Black Sunz to the South Coast Grand Tournament in April and have firmly re-installed them as my army and indeed project of choice. So not only does this mean I'm back playing them again, it also means that I will be doing some hobby around them in due course.

Primarily I think my hobby focus will be on Shadow War for a bit as I can paint up some Kill Teams just for fun, which will be a nice break from AoS tournament painting. I will still be working on my Sylvaneth and Phoenix Temple as I would like to fun both out for events later this year.

On the Ironjawz front, I think my priorities will look a bit like this;

• Finish the Weirdnob Shaman - Whilst he looks good, he's not quite there yet. This is a project I may complete for SCGT.
  • Paint 10 more Ardboyz - This has been long overdue and I have my cool Blood Bowl conversions. I considered this for SCGT, but I don't want the pressure!
  • Convert and paint 4 more Crossbow Brutes - Just so I have a unit of 5 for fun. May get them used later in my club campaign as well.
  • Megaboss Krunk on Carnosaur - Yeh...don't ask. It's a club campaign thing. He captured the mighty beast and is currently breaking it in for the end phase of the campaign.
  • Gore-gruntas, all the Gore-gruntas - So I have 15 unpainted Gore-gruntas (12 of which still need assembly). I would absolutely love to get these done for RAW17 ( @Thornshield, @Devilreefman, @Jimbo and especially @Mitzy should like that!). I'm not sure how realistic it is, but it's definitely a goal.

I have plenty more I could do, but that's already way more than I'll achieve (if I'm being a realist!). I also can finally start my venture into Destruction in the broader sense as I have picked up an old Ogre Kingdoms army I had back in 7th edition. It is pretty poorly painted and I sold it years ago. When the 8th ed book came out for Ogres I commission painted some extra bits for the guy who bought the army (still to a quick/poor standard to match) so there's a variety of stuff there. I bought it back off him for a really good price and just need to get it rebased (which'll cost a bit in GW bases). I will base them to match the Ironjawz, so whilst the paint job and scheme is not a match, they will at least work together on the table top. This straight up gives me the generic Destruction Battleline I've longed for by way of the Ogors. I can also try out things like Ironguts, Stonehorn and maybe even the Mournfang/Gore-grunta combined battalion for lolz. In time I will maybe improve the paint, but no point for now. This allows me to finally look into things like my Rogue Idol and Mierce Wyvern I've had the models/components laying around for ages, but done nothing with.

On another note, @Ben has fixed some of the links for photos, so some of the ones in this thread are now viewable again. Whilst they aren't great quality, this is still awesome news as people can check out my models again. Thanks to Ben for the work, it sounds a right pain!

Regarding photos, I am in the process of arranging a bit of photo shoot for the army to finally get some decent pictures taken.

So...gaming and battle reports; it's safe to say I have fallen waaaay behind, detailing up to game 58. This leaves me with around 10 games I haven't yet mentioned. Luckily I haven't been playing much recently else it could be a lot more.

I suspect people will have guess that I am unlikely to do full reports on these games now, unfortunately they are just too far gone. I will list them for a sake of completeness so that I am up to date and can hopefully revert to the previous format with SCGT coming up.

I feel it's important to document the SCGT games (of which I have now played 1) leading up to the event and at the event itself. So that's the real goal for reigniting the thread now I suppose.

Games 49-53 took place at the Sheffield Slaughter. This event had a unique scoring system (max 40-0 wins) and unfortunately I will not recall the exact scores I got in each game now.

As mentioned above, you can hear more detailed reports of my games at this event in a recent Age of Sigbrah podcast episode (over 18's only - not family friendly). You can find it here;

http://ageofsigbrah.podbean.com/e/age-of-sigbrah-ep38-plenty-of-pike/

My list for this event was pretty much my Masters list, just subbing out the second Warchanter for the Weirdnob Shaman now he was painted;

• Krunk - Battlebrew
  • Pig Benis on Cabbage - Talisman
  • Shaman
  • Warchanter
  • 15 Megabrutes - General, Bellowing Tyrant
  • 5 Brutes
  • 10 Ardboyz
  • 3 Gore-gruntas
  • Ironfist

With non-Leader General's allowed, this has become hands down my favourite and best build. I know a few others who have tried it out since have told me they've liked it as well.

Super quick overview of the 5 games;

Game 59 - Sheffield Slaughter - Round One vs @Ben Johnson (Stormcast Eternals)

Border War (GHOUL PATROL!). Ben had 3 Stardrakes in a Battalion, 3 units of Liberators and a Castellant. Very tough Battleplan for him to win and it ended up a bit of a cricket score on the objective.

However Ben was able to take off the majority of my army which scored him some good points (half the 40 points available each game were for kills). Still ended up in my favour and was a great, fun game.

Result - Victory (small - mid)

Game 60 - Sheffield Slaughter - Round Two vs @Liam Cook (Sylvaneth)

Liam aka Young Chris (he looks like a younger, slimmer version of me!) is fast becoming my nemesis. This was 3 places of power which was a tough Battleplan vs the standard Gnarlroot list (some differences as Liam had more Dryads, less Hunters and a Sorceress).

I made a mistake in deployment which allowed him to hit 3 of my characters with mortal wounds from the Wyldwoods early doors, completely unnecessary. I also double 1'd a charge with my Cabbage and failed a 4" charge with Krunk in one turn. I felt I had one turn to get into the game, didn't happen and it all fell apart.

Result - Defeat (large)

Game 61 - Sheffield Slaughter - Round Three vs Rob Boyce @Hard Chaff (Stormcast Eternals)

Blood and Glory. This one was pretty brutal. Rob had Retributor / Vexillor combo, with a Prime, Celestant, Dracoths, Judicators etc. He dropped the Rets to kill Krunk and some Ardboyz, the Megabrutes swept over and deleted them. Pig Benis on his Cabbage survived the Prime's charge and killed him in a oner. The Megabrutes ran over to his side, killed all the Judicators and Foot of Gork went off big to kill the Celestant and 2 Dracoths in one casting. Decent. Got the objective and his army turn 3.

Result - Victory (large)

Game 62 - Sheffield Slaughter - Round Four vs @Russ Veal (Ironjawz)

Megaboss vs Master. Take & Hold. This game honestly meant so much to me. Russ is a phenomenal player, but I've been playing the Ironjawz forever. I felt my list was stronger with the Megabrutes. 

Russ was the aggressor and the initial charges didn’t really do a lot. I had some great luck on armour saves (pass 4 saves from his Cabbage's fists needing a 6!) and in the end the Megabrutes won out, grinding off his smaller units as my Cabbage took down his.

Result - Victory (large)

Game 63 - Sheffield Slaughter - Round Five vs Tom Fretwell (Sylvaneth)

Gift from the Heavens. Standard Gnarlroot with Loremaster for Tom. My meteor dropped in the worst possible place where Durthu had just killed 5 Brutes and I had nothing else left. However I rolled well for the Megabrutes Rampaging Destroyers/Ironfist and got a decent charge into Durthu to even it up. The Cabbage and the Gore-gruntas did a great job of tying down his backfield. Looked like it would come down to a kill points with the objective tied. Tom threw a bunch of stuff at mine but the Megabrutes stood firm before launching an assault onto his with the last turn of the game (his was central). Tom made one mistake when piling in his Treelord Ancient which allowed my count pile in to take me in range of his objective, denying him scoring it last turn which gave me the win. Really great, tight, tactical game. I felt a bit bad winning it on a mistake, but Tom (as a new AoS tournament goer) took it really well and said he'd learn from the error. He actually went on to win Alliance a couple of weeks later so fair play to him.

Result - Victory (mid)

Apologies for completely underselling those...all 5 games were amazing. Listen to the podcast. In honesty, full reports are kind of irrelevant as due to the scoring system the games didn't feel like GH AoS as the weighting on kill points was counter intuitive to the objective based Battleplans IMO.

Regardless though, 5 great guys and great games. A lot of fun. I ended up a respectable 12th out of 72 which I was really happy about. I also came second on Best Painted by just two votes!! I'll leave it there for now and come back in the next week to wrap up the other few games.

By next week I'll have played 3 SCGT practice games with Ironjawz so can talk over those in more detail as they are relevant. Also keen to just post some more SCGT thoughts in general for Ironjawz.

Nice to be posting again. Sorry for the rushed ending.

Enjoy,

Chris

Edited by Chris Tomlin
  • Like 6

Right then guys, over a month since the last proper update...

It's definitely ime to raise this leviathan from the depths! After a brief hiatus and spending some time with my eye being drawn elsewhere,

I have returned to my one true love; the Ironjawz.

I've made the decision to take Da Black Sunz to the South Coast Grand Tournament in April and have firmly re-installed them as my army and indeed project of choice. So not only does this mean I'm back playing them again, it also means that I will be doing some hobby around them in due course.

Good to see you back!

Great post and probably the right decision! 

Go get it. Let me know what you think. The "General must be a Leader" thing is super interesting as I just feel there is probably bias from both sides...it's just that those making the decisions happen to fall on the opposite side haha. I guess it frustrates me as it's always been in the game and was so recently confirmed via FAQ.

I feel similar. The bias from Stormcast Eternal players is palpable (who simply cannot or don't want to deal with horde lists  - they never want to have to take Decimators and struggle with Death lists). 

For SCGT at least, the narrative theme of the event and the logic of the Battleplans and agendas do justify the requirement to have a hero as the general . However, this does disfavours to several factions (Grots and Ironjawz and Death in particular) and encourages Age of Sniping. We'll see what happens. I certainly look forward to your account of the event!

Edited by Nico
  • Like 3

Cheers @Nico,

Thanks for reading/replying. I've made my feelings on the matter of non-Leader Generals quite clear elsewhere, so suffice to say I agree.
Age of Sniping indeed. It's a further issue that the armies who rely on the non-Leader General often don't have the tools to snipe the snipers :(.

I don't hold out much hope of a good finish this year, but will target 4 wins of any size and a fun time!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Gore-gruntas, all the Gore-gruntas - So I have 15 unpainted Gore-gruntas (12 of which still need assembly).

You legend! I'm trying to bring myself to do 3 more in 8 weeks. Gorgeous models, but they are so damn hard to paint! 

Looking forward to seeing these all done. 

Great to see this thread updated again. 

• Like 1

Hi 

i don't post often but always enjoying reading your log an especially love the podcast. Weekly is like a dream come true for me. 

as a fairly new jawz player I find your stuff really helpful. 

I to will be at scgt. I am going for 2 wins. An plenty of battle brew an fun of corse!! 

We are known as the Glassjawz. For obvious reasons. I'm not a great warboss. Lol

As the mega boss what do you think of the shaman on a balewind? Easier to get off foot with a potential +3 to cast if surrounded by ardboys. Thought it might be away for us to reach out.

or just a points sink?

thank you for all your hard work. 

• Like 1

Afternoon all,

Sorry for the delayed replies and lack of posting, haven't been feeling great the last couple of days.

I was able to play 3 SCGT practice games with the Ironjawz as well as campaign megabattle last week, so not bad going. Will catch up with the reports ahead of SCGT (which is fast coming round).

I've started rebasing some of my Ogors onto rounds and in my games this week may experiment with them as Battleline and chucking in a Stonehorn etc. We'll see.

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:25 AM, N_Watson said:

You legend! I'm trying to bring myself to do 3 more in 8 weeks. Gorgeous models, but they are so damn hard to paint! 

Looking forward to seeing these all done. 

Great to see this thread updated again. 

Cheers man....I honestly dunno whether it's just a pipedream but I'd love to have 18 painted. My 3 took my absolutely ages. The fact I line highlight the fur as opposed to drybrushing really doesn't help. Even looking at @Ian Gilmore's utterly fantastic army, he still drybrushes the fur!! Whilst I'm really happy with how mine look, it is just a great example of how inefficient my painting is.

I think I may take a spare weekend day after SCGT to sit down and just assemble them all. That will be a start. Need to hit up @Mitzy for advice on which banners he used for his. Definitely want to have a look at that.

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:03 AM, Tom said:

Hi 

i don't post often but always enjoying reading your log an especially love the podcast. Weekly is like a dream come true for me. 

as a fairly new jawz player I find your stuff really helpful. 

I to will be at scgt. I am going for 2 wins. An plenty of battle brew an fun of corse!! 

We are known as the Glassjawz. For obvious reasons. I'm not a great warboss. Lol

As the mega boss what do you think of the shaman on a balewind? Easier to get off foot with a potential +3 to cast if surrounded by ardboys. Thought it might be away for us to reach out.

or just a points sink?

thank you for all your hard work. 

Hey Tom, that's a great post, really nice. Thanks a lot. Make sure you come and say hi at SCGT :) 

I think the Weirdnob on Balewind sounds awesome in theory and in sound games will be utterly devastating. However in a shooty heavy meta I worry its 320 points that'll got shot off straight away. Definitely has potential though mind.

Cheers,
Chris

• Like 2

No worries.

yeah seems over priced. I was gonna try hide the shaman an destruction move him out. Then stomp stomp stomp. Like a messed up game of peak-a-boo. Then I assumed he would promptly get shot off. 

I'll just have to try it me thinks.

Ok yeah thanks I'll find you. Bring some battle brew. An we can discuss the finner points of cracking skulls. 

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with mixed destruction and your SCGT prep. 

I'm averaging about a game a week at the moment, and still practicing pure Jawz stuff. 

Couple of net lists making their way into my club, so it will be interesting to see how the boyz do! The next event I'm heading to isn't allowing the megabrutes so just got to make do. 

Would be awesome if you could give a shout out for the event on TBS! I think i remember you shouting out a Scottish tournament at the end of last year. It's how i heard about it anyway. 

If you would rather no link in your thread just let me know and i will edit it out. 

Keep up the great work with the thread and the podcast. 

Also, booked into Novotel in Cardiff for Blackout, but cash poor currently. Will get a ticket asap. 

• Like 1

Wassup Wednesday Weirdnobs!

3 hours ago, Tom said:

yeah seems over priced. I was gonna try hide the shaman an destruction move him out. Then stomp stomp stomp. Like a messed up game of peak-a-boo. Then I assumed he would promptly get shot off. 

I'll just have to try it me thinks.

Ok yeah thanks I'll find you. Bring some battle brew. An we can discuss the finner points of cracking skulls. 

Yeh I feel like it may be a one shot kinda deal. Could pay off for sure and in the mirror match and against other non shooty lists it has the potential to be game winning IMO.

It's something I definitely want to try for lolz.

2 hours ago, N_Watson said:

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with mixed destruction and your SCGT prep. 

I'm averaging about a game a week at the moment, and still practicing pure Jawz stuff. 

Couple of net lists making their way into my club, so it will be interesting to see how the boyz do! The next event I'm heading to isn't allowing the megabrutes so just got to make do. 

Would be awesome if you could give a shout out for the event on TBS! I think i remember you shouting out a Scottish tournament at the end of last year. It's how i heard about it anyway. 

Keep up the great work with the thread and the podcast. 

Also, booked into Novotel in Cardiff for Blackout, but cash poor currently. Will get a ticket asap. 

It's funny because I think the shooty heavy meta just amplifies some of the thoughts/comments me and @Sangfroid have made about Ironjawz. You need to play balls out for the double turn and really do have the chance to blitz them. I'm not sure how we do vs the Horror split spam though. Still need to play Tzeentch.

I think someone tweeted me about a shout out for a Scottish event so I wonder if it's the same thing. I'll have a look. Can you whatsapp or twitter DM me a link please and I'll have a look. Don't mind the link here. Happy to spread the tournament love.

Great news you'll be coming to BLACKOUT (remember the caps! ;)), looking forward to meeting you.

I will be trying some generic Destruction stuff I think, just because I've got that old Ogre Kingdoms army of mine back, but in general the plan is just Ironjawz tbh. Been doing some rebasing this week so they are now Ogors! I'm playing a SCGT practice game tonight vs @Snoopdom and am thinking of trying out this. Not sure it's much good mind...

• Krunk - Battlebrew (140)
  • Frostlord on Stonehorn - General, Bellowing Tyrant, Battlebrew (460)
  • Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)
  • 10  Brutes (360)
  • 10  Brutes (360)
  • 5 Brutes (180)
  • 3 Ogors - Battleline (120)
  • Ironfist (60)

Total: 1,980

What do we think, rubbish? I honestly dunno. Just feels like I'm doing it for the sake of it almost. Doesn't really do anything that an Ironjawz list doesn't...which kinda goes against why I was considering mixed Destruction. Hhhmmm.

Thoughts please boys and girls!

Chris

Edited by Chris Tomlin
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:
  • Krunk - Battlebrew (140)
  • Frostlord on Stonehorn - General, Bellowing Tyrant, Battlebrew (460)
  • Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)
  • 10  Brutes (360)
  • 10  Brutes (360)
  • 5 Brutes (180)
  • Ironfist (60)

Total: 1,980

What do we think, rubbish? I honestly dunno. Just feels like I'm doing it for the sake of it almost. Doesn't really do anything that an Ironjawz list doesn't...which kinda goes against why I was considering mixed Destruction. Hhhmmm.

Thoughts please boys and girls!

I had been thinking about a similar list to this, but as I don't own the models and  Gh2 is likely soon, didn't want to take the plunge. I can see what you mean about the above not really doing much more than pure ironjawz. If anything, it might be a little more efficient.  I settled on something this list with theory hammer.  

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (460)
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
- Artefact: Battle Brew
Huskard on Thundertusk (340)
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
20 x Moonclan Grots (120)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields 
3 x Ogors (120)
3 x Ogors (120)

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 2000/2000

No space for fanatics unfortunately, but feel it covers a lot of bases.  Enough brutes that you can't ignore them, and a 12 wound hero with -1 to hit in combat and +4 ward can't be ignored either. Grots were just to provide bodies and deny space a bit better than Ogors do. 

I will twitter DM you about the Cry Havoc tournament. Don't think I have your Whatsapp. (Give me a follow so that I can DM you, haha! @SepherTV)

Edited by N_Watson

2 hours ago, N_Watson said:

I had been thinking about a similar list to this, but as I don't own the models and  Gh2 is likely soon, didn't want to take the plunge. I can see what you mean about the above not really doing much more than pure ironjawz. If anything, it might be a little more efficient.  I settled on something this list with theory hammer.  

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (460)
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
- Artefact: Battle Brew
Huskard on Thundertusk (340)
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
20 x Moonclan Grots (120)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields 
3 x Ogors (120)
3 x Ogors (120)

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 2000/2000

Hi dude im bew on AoS is posible this list for matchplay? Cuz indint see the batteline requeriment cuz for 2K points need 4 battleline and the brutes is battleline for ironjaws alliegance