Future warbands - Wishlisting?

Spinsane

So, we know that the next two warbands will be more  Stormcast (Vanguard) and Khorne (Blood Warriors). But what can we expect afterwards?

Personally, there are a few warbands I'd definitely like to see:

• Daughters of Khaine, especially if we get a mix of Aelves, Melusai and Khinerai)
  • A Sigmarite Witch Hunter and crew, ala Mordheim warband, so maybe a hound, a sigmarite priest and a flagellant or two?
  • Warbands for the other chaos gods. I'd particularly like a Slaangors or Pestigors warband, even though I assume Tzaangors are more likely
  • Moonclan grots!
  • Bonesplitters
  • A bunch of Ghouls
  • Maybe a Vampire and thralls?

Any other ideas/wants? I'm not sure how Daemons (including the Seraphon/Silvaneth) would fit, considering I haven't been paying close attention to the AoS lore, so figured I'd leave them out...

Basically every faction should eventually get a warband. That being said:

Definitely Daughters of Khaine - though personally I'd prefer the more humanoid fighters over the monstrous. Not that they aren't really cool, but for a warband in this particular setting I kinda feel it shouldn't be a too mixed bag hen it comes to  composition.

I imagine them fast and fragile like Reavers.

I'm also a big fan of Moonclan Grots. No idea how they would go about making them. 5 models at the very minimum.
They have lots of fun options like shaman, squigs and fanatics. Like above, not all at once though.

These two are the ones I REALLY wish for.

Well, Stormcast have kinda run out of steam for now I think, as they don't really have anywhere else they can go in the current range. Kinda why I think it's probably a mistake to have the Farstriders in this season of Shadespire.

That being said, I think Khorne will most likely take a break and another god(s) will get warbands next season. 

If I had to guess what we'd see in future (Without knowing the setting of the next season):

Kharadron Overlords - Think there was actually a short story or something about them heading into Shadespire. I think they also make sense as 'pirates' searching for stuff in Shadespire.

Moon Clan Grots - Moonclan seem like they're pegged to be the first Grot release for AoS, and I think they can have an interesting warband between Grots and Squigs (Perhaps having a Squig Hopper as the warband leader!).

Bonesplitterz - Makes sense as an AoS developed race to push them further with Shadespire.

Tzaangor Coven - I think either Tzeentch or Nurgle (or both) may feature in the next season, and Tzaangors make sense. Acolytes could also be cool but hopefully we don't see 2 Tzeentch bands taking up space.

Mortal Nurgle - Blightking leading some plagued and diseased mortals around would be cool.

Ghoul King + Ghouls - Not the most inspiring of warbands, but given we don't know what else is coming for Death, a launch into the Flesh-Eater Courts side of things makes the most sense to me.

Those would be the top 6, but then for the last two lets go a bit more far reaching:

Idoneth Deepkin - Dark horse pick since we haven't even seen them yet. I think we'll see some kind of Aelves making their way into Shadespire, and the Idoneth might make sense searching for souls or some knowledge to cure their illness (or whatever plagues them).

Freeguild - Human mercenaries always hit it out of the park. I would be super keen to see what GW would do with them, but they don't seem like a faction GW are interested in developing further since they've got Stormcast now.

And the dark dark horse, Deathcast Eternals (or whatever Death's new race manages to be). This would end up meaning that Season 2 is fairly balanced (2 for each Grand Alliance), and be GW's way to push in another posterboy faction (and double points if they actually do end up being Death Stormcast as they manage to squeeze in another Stormcast warband). 

That being said, I think Deathcast/Stormcast and Daughters of Khaine are probably more likely than the Deepkin and Freeguild (Certainly more than Freeguild). Would love to see Humans though, whatever form they take. The Witch Hunter warband is another personal favourite of mine that I would love to see.

• 2 weeks later...

We're probably gonna see another stormcast, and a nighthaunt warband judging by the new cards. So counting out those two:

1. Moonclan grots. With madcap mushrooms and maybe a Fanatic.

2.  Flesh eater courts. A bunch of Ghouls. Maybe some regen ability

3. Bonesplitterz. Just cuz they're fun. 

4. Tzeentch Arcanites. Maybe a sorcerous leader?  Would be cool to see how magic would work in Shadespire.

5. Slaves to Darkness. A few Darkoath looking dudes lead by a revamped Chaos Warrior could be really cool.

6. Brayherds.  Gors ans Ungors with a focus on defilement of Shadespire.

For the goblin warband, They could do something like the following: leader - grot shaman, main beat stick - fanatic, secondary beat stick - cave squig, then 3-4 chump grots that are similiar to the chump skaven, in that they can be "brought back" to simulate a horde.

On 15/3/2018 at 11:51 AM, Goblin-King said:

Each new season will feature 2 Stormcast and 2 Khorne warbands! xD:(

Who knows, but really, they have to work with what they have now. The game started as a line of ETB kits to get people started on the building aspect so it's obvious that stormcasts and khorne would be featuring predominantly this early. Once they start producing with the game actually in mind I guess that they will  be more diverse. In the meantime one of my desired choices,  nighthaunt, will be a thing. Now let's just hope there's a moonclan, kharadron,  and tzeentch warbands.

55 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

Actually I do, and I don't mind a third warband. Maybe even a fourth one (or more) would be nice.

Well good news! GW has just completed a survey based solely on you. Based on that data they are planning their next releases xD

The two stormcast and Khorne warbands were a result of the minis all being sculpted before they made a game. That is also why they all have different bases.

Next time along side the stormcast and nighthaunt I would like to see

Seraphon with a kroxigor and some skinks.

Vampires.

Moonclan with a pet squig.

Tzeentch with 2 cultists and/or 4 Tzaangors so I can make my silver tower stuff into legal units.

A couple of troggoths.

Slaanesh. 

That would give 2 of each alliance.

I want Daemons! All new sculpts in dynamic poses!!! Specifically a set of Bloodletters! and another set of Pink Horrors! 

We need a Darkoath Warband!!! (They should make a whole Darkoath themed army...!)

A set of Grots would be cool too...

Known:

• At least one more Stormcast Eternals group (at least it looks like a new Chamber type)
  • Nighthaunt (always been a sucker for "Nazgul" types - definitely looking forward to these guys)

Predictions / "Team Extensions":

• Moonclan Grots (another for "Team Destruction" / green models - need squig plz)
  • Kharadron Overlords (another"Team Duardin" type, plus been rumoured for a long time)
  • Clan Pestilens (couldn't think of what else to add as a "Team Skaven" secondary team)

Personal Wishlist:

• Tzeentch Arcanites (3:2 ratio of cultists and Tzaangors?)
  • Seraphon (dunno how they'd get stuck in Shadespire, but I want lizardmen dangit!)
  • Daughters of Khaine (general lack of aelvan and female presence thus far)

Archived