Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

3 hours ago, BrownDog said:

New Story https://malignportents.com/story/descent/

The dead are coming for the Idoneth :D

ooooo that's a pretty cool story, with the onrush of dead beasties coming back from the garbage disposal. Poor giant turtle though. 

Still, nice to see things outside of GW's model releases are getting some stories! over all it was a cool story and gives us the first look into the mind of a deep kin and their society.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say, I love the conflict potential between the daughters of khaine and deepkin. The group that is evil and malicious, the daughters, have temples in free cities and present themselves as evil, whereas the deepkin appear like monsters to people living in free cities even though they are the more justified and noble of the two. It opens up for some awesome interactions. 

56 minutes ago, Pariah said:

I have to say, I love the conflict potential between the daughters of khaine and deepkin. The group that is evil and malicious, the daughters, have temples in free cities and present themselves as evil, whereas the deepkin appear like monsters to people living in free cities even though they are the more justified and noble of the two. It opens up for some awesome interactions. 

Deepkin: "Hey guys, can we be part of order?"

Stormcast: " you kill our human citizens, you destroy and drown whole towns on dry land, you attack ships at sea indiscriminately across damn near every realm, and you drink souls like Sigmar's blessed Kool-Aid. The Khain cults at least offer some defense against chaos for our cities, but you Don't seem to offer anything. Why the hell should you be part of order?" 

Deepkin: "..."

Stormcast: "..."

Deepkin: "We can give you as much sushi as you can eat?"

Stormcast: "...Fine, you're in."

An inauspicious introduction for the giant turtle, I would have thought they'd at least have her put up a fight as it's her first appearance.

Or maybe I'm just biased 'cause I love that damn turtle. I love it so much I'm gonna glue a tree on it's back, stick it in my wanderers army and call it a skyoak.

So we know 14 units in the battletomes

I am unfamiliar with age of sigmar battletomes, will each variation of unit count as a separate unit? For example a basic troop of swords and a troop of Bowman. Are they two units or are they considered one with different weapon options?

Trying to figure out if we have seen all the units so far. Too impatient for this army to come out!!

5 minutes ago, Themoocher said:

I am unfamiliar with age of sigmar battletomes, will each variation of unit count as a separate unit? For example a basic troop of swords and a troop of Bowman. Are they two units or are they considered one with different weapon options?

Trying to figure out if we have seen all the units so far. Too impatient for this army to come out!!

it all depends if they have seperate rules or not usually, like the difference between the blood sisters and the bow sneks of DOK or the moghast harbingers and aarachni. If they have special rules that need two war scrolls, probably, but if it is a difference of weapons doesn't then probably not.

4 minutes ago, Themoocher said:

It depends on the weapon choice and how much that alters how the unit plays, usually! The switch between blade and bow is fairly drastic, so I expect we'll get a multi-kit box that builds two different units with unique battletomes.

I'm currently only counting 12 units that I know of (including the special character), does anyone have a full list anywhere?

Im counting 14 without the turtles if they separate everything.  

2 eels, 2 sharks, 2 eidolons, 2 troops, Soul Warden, Soulscryers, Soulrenders, Tidecasters. King on Sea Horse, High King Volturnos.

If eels and sharks are the same unit that leaves two turtle units.

22 minutes ago, Themoocher said:

I made my counts and have this:

Eilodon (wave guy) 2 options, 2 warscroll. Seaunicorn 2 options, 2 warscrolls. 4 heroes, 4 warscroll. This is I think 100% correct

Now we have Eels, Shark, Turtle and two units of blind guys (one more static with swords and more armour and ones on movement like runing with bows).

We have seen that Eels have 2 options, sharks in last picture saw 2 different weapons, static blinds I think one option, and mobile blinds we have bow and daggers. And then we have the turtle that we have seen just one but it's said it will have 4 options.

So!! if each unit goes with one warscroll for each, with only variation of the weapon we've got 13 warscrolls. It's said that eels will have different warscroll because they act different, so with this we've got 14.

Now, will shark have one warscroll only and use one weapon or other like kharadron ships? maybe. Will turtle come with separate weapons but you choose yours and they come on one warscroll like kharadron big ship?? maybe. The one thing I see rare is that blind unit with bows and daggers, to me dont fit in one warscroll, but maybe I'm wrong.

And thay white dwarf text that we haven't seen yet evertyhing and that there's more sea animals to come?? Maybe 14 units refers to units, not included heroes, or maybe is made to confuse us

EDIT: @Themoocher sharks and eels are not the same unit. They have different bases, eels are 3 and shark only one. Eels are like horses, Shark is like a charriot

To me "... there may be a few surprises hidden amongst the shoals of floating sea creatures that you haven't yet see."  means more likely just cool abilities or stuff like that.  I doubt it means more models. i do hope to see some forgeworld stuff coming out though. Huge sea creatures would be a nice addition.

I hadn't actually noticed that the eels and sharks had alternate kit on them which accounts for my missing two! Thanks all!

I'm still trying to figure out the paint scheme I want to go for. I was fancying quite a bit of bronze and heavy use of verdigris to make them look worn - with them looking like they have a bit of a Greek look about them (especially the eel riders) I figured it might look quite nice!

4 hours ago, Orsino said:

An inauspicious introduction for the giant turtle, I would have thought they'd at least have her put up a fight as it's her first appearance.

Or maybe I'm just biased 'cause I love that damn turtle. I love it so much I'm gonna glue a tree on it's back, stick it in my wanderers army and call it a skyoak.

Awesome idea!!! :D;) 

10 hours ago, Themoocher said:

Unknown so far but that's the look of it. No confirmation if models will be released the first week. White dwarf only mentions the battletomes, cards, and dice

I can't imagine that GW would release dice, tome and cards without any models since the Deepkin have nothing on sale at present. Cards and rules alone works when there are at least other models in the line already on sale, but for the Deepkin I'd expect to see several kits go on sale in the same week. 

It's a fairly big release so they might stretch it over three weeks, but I'd wager with the chock-a-block schedule they have these days that two weeks might be closer to what to expect. 

If it's only book, cards and dice the first week I will be very sad. I want to get this project started. And if there are no models the first week there will be atleast three more weeks of pre-orders before we have the full range.

38 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

If it's only book, cards and dice the first week I will be very sad. I want to get this project started. And if there are no models the first week there will be atleast three more weeks of pre-orders before we have the full range.

It very well might be only the book and accessories the first week.  The end of the current WD says that the Idoneth Designer's Notes will be in the May WD.  To me that means at least some releases will bleed into May. Could be wrong, and I hope I am because I am pretty excited also.

If it's anything like kharadron release then it will be the book plus two models, which would be basic troops and either a hero or monster kit. I looked at last year's white dwarf and that release didn't mention models for pre order either, but the ship and troops were up for pre order with the book

Archived