Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question.

So I'm trying to work this out in my head, and it's not going well. So this guy right here - 

AdepticonPreview-Mar22-Deepkin3kvdkig.jp

- is not Teclis or Tyrion. From the sounds of things, Teclis or Tyrion are not getting Models to go with this range. Yet supposedly they have a connection to them...despite the fact this guy has been named as an "Avatar of Mathlann", Mathlann being an old and fairly obscure Elven god from The-World-That-Was.

So, where and how does this all fit together? Isn't it possible that Mathlann could have pinched some Elven souls for himself and tried to make a race in his own image? I've heard these guys might be a "failed lab experiment" (for lack of better words) of Teclis's - if so, how does an old and obscure Elven God fit into all this?

I am very confused right now, and little is making sense -_-

20 minutes ago, SleepySnek said:

I have a question.

So I'm trying to work this out in my head, and it's not going well. So this guy right here - 

- is not Teclis or Tyrion. From the sounds of things, Teclis or Tyrion are not getting Models to go with this range. Yet supposedly they have a connection to them...despite the fact this guy has been named as an "Avatar of Mathlann", Mathlann being an old and fairly obscure Elven god from The-World-That-Was.

So, where and how does this all fit together? Isn't it possible that Mathlann could have pinched some Elven souls for himself and tried to make a race in his own image? I've heard these guys might be a "failed lab experiment" (for lack of better words) of Teclis's - if so, how does an old and obscure Elven God fit into all this?

From what I understand teclis resurrected mathlann, and teclis was trying to recreate the elves as angelic elves but his first attempt failed which is where we get deepkin

They were created by Teclis, who was trying to recreate the high elf race from the World-That-Was. Apparently he failed to do that somehow. (There are rumours that these elves are motionless and have to drain other peoples emotions and/or souls to feel or something.)

The Idoneth in turn rejected Teclis and left without telling anyone where they were going, and haven't been seen since...until recently rumours of them resurfacing started spreading. As they are souls Teclis pulled out of Slaanesh, my theory is that they remembered what Teclis did in the End Times and were like 'no thanks.' They must also have rmembered Mathlann from thier old lives before the End Times, and chose to worship him, though he is supposedly dead. Perhaps they hope that he can be returned to life purley through their devotion? (The Daughters of Khaine battletome implies that if Morathi wasn't diverting the power of their blood rituals in his name, Khaine would be able to regenerate from the them.)

1 minute ago, Soulsmith said:

You would think Mathlann would be a poor choice if you didn't want aquatic elves. Honestly it is so much of a leap that speculation is unlikely to hit near the mark.

I'm not complaining, I'm just commenting on what I've seen and heard so far. It's a bit of a scrambled mess I'm trying to unjumble.

Just now, GammaMage said:

They were created by Teclis, who was trying to recreate the high elf race from the World-That-Was. Apparently he failed to do that somehow. (There are rumours that these elves are motionless and have to drain other peoples emotions and/or souls to feel or something.)

The Idoneth in turn rejected Teclis and left without telling anyone where they were going, and haven't been seen since...until recently rumours of them resurfacing started spreading. As they are souls Teclis pulled out of Slaanesh, my theory is that they remembered what Teclis did in the End Times and were like 'no thanks.' They must also have remembered Mathlann from their old lives before the End Times, and chose to worship him, though he is supposedly dead. Perhaps they hope that he can be returned to life purley through their devotion? (The Daughters of Khaine battletome implies that if Morathi wasn't diverting the power of their blood rituals in his name, Khaine would be able to regenerate from the them.)

To be fair, this makes the most sense from what I've read so far. Sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining about the faction, I'm just trying to figure out where Piece A and Piece B fit together on the Jigsaw.

1 minute ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Big reveal in White Dwarf this coming month we think (hope)?

More than likely. I've heard from someone that the Deepkin are scheduled for the end of April-ish.

Just now, 5kaven5lave said:

Big reveal in White Dwarf this coming month we think (hope)?

There's no hint at them at all in the last ones 'next month' bit, but I don't know if that means anything (if previous ones have had big things revealed that weren't even hinted at in the last one). They also only show the first half of the month's stuff in them (Forgebane and the Cron's codex weren't in the last issue forex) so they might be in the one after, by which point half of them will be out haha. Hopefully they will be, for such a big new range. 

5 hours ago, SleepySnek said:

I have a question.

One thing is sure! That satellite dish on his head is impressive and probably keeps him well informed on all channels of SigmarTV.

21 hours ago, Spiny Norman said:

Or another shark...

11 hours ago, Tiger said:

I find the upper picture on the right rather interesting. Could it be that their wizards will have access to the lore of light?

They'll have really missed a trick if this isn't one of the spells available...

sharknado.jpg

54 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

So, are we going to get different Schools, Shoals or Pods?

There is at least another scheme going on in some of the pictures. I am looking forward to the battletome to see what GW has come up with then tweak it a little.

1 hour ago, Edgecoc said:

There is at least another scheme going on in some of the pictures. I am looking forward to the battletome to see what GW has come up with then tweak it a little.

I agree.  I have so many ideas floating around in my head it's like trying to decide where to park in an empty car park.

Archived