Brother_Captain

Hey guys!

As i finished my own gravesite markers  i thought i'd share them in a thread which should be dedicated to inspire those death players still looking for ideas.

The parts i used are bitz from the skeleton warriors sprue (skulls, weapons etc.), the owl from some Sylvaneth sprue which i can't exactly recall, the torch/fire bowl thingy from the Citadel Wood, Renedra gravestones (and grave edge) and one of those pretty coffins from Tabletop-Art. 
Everything bashed together on 50mm bases.

Gravesites_01.jpg.2756b06382dab30b8a8cc12e5a3a51ab.jpg

Gravesites_02.jpg.77c41fb2640a3e169f14035fef9be291.jpg

Gravesites_03.jpg.a4ebdbd4e5bf5d799ea8b887487c2dd8.jpg

Hope you like it :) 

So, now let us see your pretty grave(sights) ;)

Of course could i have decided to make them on 25mm round bases, but on 50mm there's so much more space to model and kitbash. :)

Besides you're measuring from the middle / point of the base anyway no matter which base size you use.

But i'd make sure that the gravesite does not cover any models / units in terms of height. 

Planning on using some pieces from the Mines of Moria scenery set. The coffin, two corpses on the ground, want to kitbash something for the fourth one, thinking about the grave site bits from the spirit host sprues with some other bits. Really love what you've done brother captain. Will definitely steal some ideas. 

s-l1600.jpg

Those gravestones are the ones produced by Renedra. 

The same gravestones i used in the picture above :)

http://www.renedra.co.uk/product.php?product=119

50 minutes ago, Skorp said:

Planning on using some pieces from the Mines of Moria scenery set. The coffin, two corpses on the ground, want to kitbash something for the fourth one, thinking about the grave site bits from the spirit host sprues with some other bits. Really love what you've done brother captain. Will definitely steal some ideas. 

Keep in mind that the gravesites (as they represent markers in terms of play) shouldn't block line of sight.

I tried to make mine a set of varied burial sites.

Here a treasure hunter met with an unfortunate rockfall:

bqDgmhq.jpg

A traditional burial ground:

XV34u78.jpg

The lair of some great beast (not completed yet) and the remains of it's victims:

84o74p0.jpg

A makeshift burial site at a battlefield, with graves marked by the shields and helms of their former bearers:

VkReQaC.jpg

All will look better once based, painted, etc obviously.

I prepared some gravesites for the Storm of Chaos to play Sylvania armies,  so I'll use back those ones. Anyway I'm worried about the imagines you are showing. Cause I think those markers are too big bases. I personally use 25mm big ones diorama for them, cause they should be marking a point. If they are too big, the risk to make them shifting the point from where using the unholy aura is too big. Moreover if you don't point it crearly in such big bases.

I went big with mine as they are mostly for casual purposes. When I game with them it is measured from the center of the base so the only one I am hurting is myself (giving myself less space to place my models).  In an actually tournament I will probably just use the token markers that come with the warscroll cards.

4 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

I went big with mine as they are mostly for casual purposes. When I game with them it is measured from the center of the base so the only one I am hurting is myself (giving myself less space to place my models).  In an actually tournament I will probably just use the token markers that come with the warscroll cards.

In reality providing you're not putting them on huge dinner plates, I don't think there's an issue - an opponent can still block off the summoning of an entire gravesite with a single model on up to a 50mm sized marker.

• 3 weeks later...

A few quickie gravesites conjured up from my bitsbox for a tournament next weekend. Not the flashiest in the world, but I've tried to give each of them a nice narrative flavour.

From left to right: aelf grave with branches growing out of it, grave with a really miserable looking bot plant (noting grows in Shyish), pile of grinning skulls from very old screaming skull catapult with brazier (not really sure what the narrative is here), and my personal favourite - duardin grave with a small pile of orruk skulls stacked on it.

BrhVQ9h.jpg

Now to get some paint on them...

Archived