Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dread Solstice Dilemma - Which Outcome & Why?

Khorgos Khul! I am loyal minion-worshipper! All bow-kneel before most mightiest of manthings. 

:ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Double Misfire said:

Destruction's lead by a grot in this campaign. Surely your option this week is running away. ;)

He is so high he could board the orb himself.

• Haha 6

Great job yet again, everyone!  I'm just so, so proud of all of you.

And a big congratulations are in order for Chaos, especially Khorne, and in particulat the Warqueen, what with her lovely new artefact.  As with the Knight of Shroud's artefact, it's more a display piece than something likely to actually see much use, but still, well earned.

And the fact that the vaguely necromantic curse of the red mists is driving the living to slaughter each other in the realm of fire, instead of interfering with Nagash's plans in the realm of death, is absolutely fine with me.  Tge temporary boost to the killing power of my morghasts is also appreciated.

That said, Chaos has had their fun, and Marakarr has her new toy, so now it's time to get back on the Skull train and cripple Kull's new spaceship before the warqueen can convince him to fly it to Shyish.

Once again, I would like to take a moment to remind everyone that a clear victory for Nagash in Dread Solstice us a victory for Age of Sigmar's narrative as a whole, establishing the Great Necromancer as an antagonist on the level of the Dark Pantheon.

This will allow for conflicts more varried than the Order-vs-Chaos dichotomy, with shifting and unlikely alliances, while also sending a clear message to GW that it's time to give some attention not just to death, but to all the 'little guy' factions that have gone woefully neglected to this point, from slaanesh and skaven to elves and all of destruction.

So get out there and vote Skull, and maintain this lovely pattern of my own preferred choices winning each and every week!

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Gotta say, my Skaven are extraordinarily tempted by the Eye this week...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Damn that is awesome. So in-lore Khul is even more powerful now? 

Khul taking over orb infernia was covered in great detail in the All-Gates book. Highly recommended.  

• Like 1

Glad to see them referencing lore from All-Gates.  Great book

Edited by chord

Never liked Khul blow him and his fortress up.  Go Skull.

Edited by Envyus
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

@shinros posted these awesome pictures of Orb Infernia from The Realmgate Wars: Godbeasts in the main Malign Portents thread and I thought they were too cool not to repost here. Enjoy looking at it while it's still there Chaos players! ;) 

GB-map1.jpg

1459639634004.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sception said:

Great job yet again, everyone!  I'm just so, so proud of all of you.

And a big congratulations are in order for Chaos, especially Khorne, and in particulat the Warqueen, what with her lovely new artefact.  As with the Knight of Shroud's artefact, it's more a display piece than something likely to actually see much use, but still, well earned.

And the fact that the vaguely necromantic curse of the red mists is driving the living to slaughter each other in the realm of fire, instead of interfering with Nagash's plans in the realm of death, is absolutely fine with me.  Tge temporary boost to the killing power of my morghasts is also appreciated.

That said, Chaos has had their fun, and Marakarr has her new toy, so now it's time to get back on the Skull train and cripple Kull's new spaceship before the warqueen can convince him to fly it to Shyish.

Once again, I would like to take a moment to remind everyone that a clear victory for Nagash in Dread Solstice us a victory for Age of Sigmar's narrative as a whole, establishing the Great Necromancer as an antagonist on the level of the Dark Pantheon.

This will allow for conflicts more varried than the Order-vs-Chaos dichotomy, with shifting and unlikely alliances, while also sending a clear message to GW that it's time to give some attention not just to death, but to all the 'little guy' factions that have gone woefully neglected to this point, from slaanesh and skaven to elves and all of destruction.

So get out there and vote Skull, and maintain this lovely pattern of my own preferred choices winning each and every week!

Are you a career politician by any chance? :D

31 minutes ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

Are you a career politician by any chance? :D

If I was, I'd have enough money to pay someone t9 copy edit my posts before they go up full of typos.  :P

• Like 1

Well, my choice is clear as a Khorne worshiper. 

SKULL IT IS! NO ONE WILL KEEP ME AWAY FROM BEING KHORNE'S CHOSEN, AND DEFINiTELY NOT THIS KHORGOS KUL! 

Edited by Galas
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Anything with a "nuke it out of orbit" as an option really only has 1 option, doesn't it? ;)

• Like 1

It does look like the skull nuke is gonna win this week! It's far ahead already.

personally I'm all about Drake - I for one welcome our new blood bound overlords

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Redmanphill said:

The Eye is such a non-option. I don’t see the point in them having written it in.

for skaven players only hahah!

• Like 1

i think the eye is quite an interesting one to me it sound like the free cities would be abbandoned and lost, thus preventing anyone from getting any boost or power ups. Drake is defently a Chaos powerup ( chaos free city anyone) while skull sound like the coolest narative to me as i get the idea of prehaps Order and Death working togwther in the realm of fire to take out chaos, with order and the free cities gaining a boost and death gaining some new tech.

the other idea i like is the idea that the Ancient Archeo-machinery is actually sephron but i dont actually know much about sephron lore to know if like the lizardmen or old if they still have ruins over the old world

• Like 1

While I doubt they’d have the Free Cities they’ve established become abandoned, they definitely could have some  of the less well established ones damaged/destroyed. It’s still a choice for defeat, I don’t see any possible benefit in choosing it.

As with any archeotech there is the possibility that this could go insanely, hilariously wrong. I’m in.

• Like 2

As a Seraphon player, I have to go with Skull.  As magical space frogs, I think we are best suited to use arcane magical technology fueled by mists derived of condensed bloodlust, murder, and hatred.  The warm-bloods will just muck it up...prolly blow up the realm.  Let us handle it!

Moreover there are not that many Slaan left.  In the All-Gates book, Khul chopped my good friend Xen'phantica out of reality.  Then he undid millennia of work keeping those daemon lords busy.  There must be vengeance.  Slow, methodical, cold-blooded, emotionless vengeance.  The only Slaan left are the ones that survived the death of the World-That-Was and each one lost is a piece of the Old World and the Old One's plans that is lost forever.  They are a dying race!  At last count there are only "as many as the plot demands" left.  :D

• Like 1

This week's outcome, looks like you got your wish @Kamose:

lTJKNpv.jpg

And its accompanying special rules (no new artefact). Temporal Healing looks terrifying:

5Vp2tNJ.jpg

And the big one. Call it a hunch but I can see Nagashizzar getting sacked by players by the end of the week:

e1qyFax.jpg

0MKERxd.jpg

Edited by Double Misfire
  • Like 1

Pick the Eye  For this dilemma. It's time for everyone to fight back.