New Aelves

58 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

Shadowblades would be quite safe bet to go with the rumoure shadow elves.

Concerning high elves, they always have had a very distinctive separation for the "aspect warriors" some are from Chrace, some from Ellyria, some from Hoeth etc. It just never went past those units. I believe there would be equally room for very intereating subfactions, but because of the small amount of units, they would need a lot more fleshing out. The "common core" levy would work, but is too bland for AoS to be honest.

High Elves have a common theme though, most of the faction are some kind of beastmasters.  Dragons, Phoenixes, Hawks and Lions. The only exceptions are their council of mages.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, darkspear said:

High Elves have a common theme though, most of the faction are some kind of beastmasters.  Dragons, Phoenixes, Hawks and Lions. The only exceptions are their council of mages.

In theory High elves profit immensely from being separated. There are more than enough themes around which each faction can form their identity. 

Sure, Lion Rangers, Swifthawk Agents and Order Draconis all have access to some kinds of creatures but they are different.
The big and majestic white lions  are very different from the quick and nimble horses and eagles of the Swifthawk Agents. 
They become even more distinct if you add a distinct culture to each faction. 

A "noble savage" Lion ranger would feel different from a central asian inspired nomadic swift hawk agent and both are different from the refined Knight of the order draconis, even though all three are elves.

1 hour ago, Menkeroth said:

One-two heroes and units and they are set to go. I think they will be expanded too..., or left as one of the auxiliary factions, like Eldritch Council or Ironweld Arsenal, why not.

That's a fair point actually, I already use an allies detachment of 2 x 5 Dark riders and an Assassin or two quite often. I suppose it would be fine if they left some of the factions as auxiliary options...

In two minds on that one. Chaos has become more interesting as they have devolved the factions -but taking a step back - such as bringing demons and mortals back together in the Blades of Khorne book was also an improvement allowing more varied Khorne armies into the game.

More factions means potentially more abilities, traits and artefacts but bigger factions means more opportunities for dramatically varied armies and model collections without having to get 3 units of battleline for every sub group you are interested in. 

So for Shadowblades at the moment I can have 400 pts worth or go all in for 1600+ points worth. There is no option for the combo that costs 840 points etc. That's why I would like to see them absorbed by a larger faction but with "Battleline If" so you could go all shadowblades if you wanted to.

2 minutes ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

So for Shadowblades at the moment I can have 400 pts worth or go all in for 1600+ points worth. There is no option for the combo that costs 840 points etc. That's why I would like to see them absorbed by a larger faction but with "Battleline If" so you could go all shadowblades if you wanted to.

Maybe they will go together with the Swifthawk Agents, that would be quite logical. Or get their own full set of units and remain more unique. Although they really, like mages and Arsenal, could just use allies to fill in the gaps.

And Morathi finally proves that the symbol of GHR in the Chaos Pantheon was GHR's and not Morathi's. For me it was obvious, actually.

10 hours ago, stratigo said:

This was a retcon. Malekith was a monster. Even if you want to hold to the idea that he was robbed and the elections were rigged, thousands of years of murder, hatred, malice, and slaving have proven him unfit 

it’s okay to dig the bad guy. It gets worrisome when one denies his villainy entirely

Malekith was the greatest general and leader the High Elves ever knew. He united elves and Dwarves and was a blood brother to the Dwarven King. For thousands of years he was a beacon of light and a pillar of the community. Then one day, for seemingly no reason whatsoever, he goes bad? The only link to that happening is he was denied the pheonix trial but attempted it anyway - then instead of being purified his soul was twisted into the evil thing that would then go on to do terrible things. The phoenix trial is not so much an election more than an appointment by god. In this 'election' he was robbed and it was rigged, that is not an opinion, that is a major point of the Elven story in the end times. I'm not denying he did terrible things in the second half of his life, but he was clearly changed into a different person. Whether his soul was corrupted to a different person, or the seed of his witch-mother was always dormant and simply came out at this time, who can say? Of course he was a terrible ass who created the sundering and slaughtered his own people mercilessly.  I'm not defending Malekith, never liked the HE/DE stuff personally, I just actually read the books so I am clarifying misinformation. 

18 minutes ago, AmurayiWestgate said:

The visual showing her sitting on a throne does not show her with wings. I enhanced the pic a bit:

More likely someone is standing behind her. Notice the roman/greek style chair which goes along with the first video.

notHerWings.jpg

You did a better job with the pic than me! But yeah I think thats just drapes meant to troll us

Archived