New Aelves

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Redmanphill said:

So where has it been said we are getting mutated Sea Ælves? As far as I’ve seen it’s been Ælves that live in the mists, the rumors and models we’ve seen support this : Mist Weaver and Tenebral Shard.

In the Daughters of Khaine battletome there is mention that the Idoneth Deepkin are an early attempt by Teclis at reforging the souls extracted from Slaanesh and that they were kind of abominations.

1 hour ago, Redmanphill said:

So where has it been said we are getting mutated Sea Ælves? As far as I’ve seen it’s been Ælves that live in the mists, the rumors and models we’ve seen support this : Mist Weaver and Tenebral Shard.

This is the information we have as far as I can tell:

Reliable Information: The references to the Idoneth Deepkin in the DoK book. This describes them as an abandoned early attempt by Teclis at creating aelves. They're also described as 'raiders from the deep'. So - sea aelves.

Less Reliable Information: The shipwreck teaser that is presumably related to the Idoneth Deepkin, but which doesn't really tell us anything. Rumours of aelves with a greek/atlantean aesthetic.

Very Dodgy Information: A load of people repeating to each other on forums that the Mistweaver Saih is something to do with the Idoneth Deepkin, even though nothing about her seems to fit with any of the more recent official information we've been given.

Totally Bogus Information: Everything else you've heard.

2 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

@Jamie the Jasper info about Mistweaver Saih is from the same source that they have greek design, even being described as mix of Kairic Acolytes with Sylvaneth Revenants :P

Fair enough. Which source is that?

9 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

It was posted of 4dchan , I believe it's the same guy who started this on war-of -sigmar as all posted were later delated (as he got into huge trouble over Tau rules leak) he said that Mistweaver is part of their range. 

Well I suppose that gives it a touch more credibility than I gave it credit for, but I'll still believe it when I see it. Nothing about the Mistweaver Saih looks especially Greek or Atlantean, and certainly there's nothing remotely aquatic about her. The lore on her warscroll and in Silver Tower also doesn't chime with any of this. I wouldn't put it past GW to tear up her lore and rewrite it from scratch, but it would be an unusual step.

Even if she is a part of the faction, I don't imagine that she will be one of the main characters of the range.

No more than the Knight Questor, Doom-seeker, or Darkoath have been to SCE, Fyreslayer, or Chaos/SoD.

Personally I don't really see the aquatic connection, but maybe with all of the Mist references and crescent moon-Teclis connection?!

1 hour ago, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

Even if she is a part of the faction, I don't imagine that she will be one of the main characters of the range.

No more than the Knight Questor, Doom-seeker, or Darkoath have been to SCE, Fyreslayer, or Chaos/SoD.

Personally I don't really see the aquatic connection, but maybe with all of the Mist references and crescent moon-Teclis connection?!

They were created by teclis they are a failed project.

Honestly don't know where people are getting the whole failed project thing from, all the info we have so far just says they disappeared after being created by Teclis, we have no knowledge currently if Teclis tried looking for them or just went 'meh, they'll be fine' and worked on newer things

19 hours ago, DantePQ said:

And don't know if they are a failed project they just disappeared ;)

Well, I am planning to grab the tome this weekend, I am going off Atia's summary. If the tome says something else please do share. :) 

In Hysh, Tyrion and Teclis created luminous beings and angelic aelfs. Teclis’ first enclave were called the Idoneth - although they disappeared, and future projects proved better. 

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2762

Yeah I was miss remembering based on what was written. 

More interestingly considering we've seen khinari and that the other created elves (new high elf style) are said to be winged I wonder if the sea-elves we are to see will also be winged. Perhaps taking manta-rays as the source of inspiration for their design as opposed to naga or mere-people. 

I can’t wait for more stuff on these people. I really like the direction GW took Morathi’s elves. Water elves sounds like they are gonna be quite unique looking and I will want those too. I guess I will have a few elf armies once they’ve all been released.

3 hours ago, Turgol said:

The actual wording in the book is “Teclis’s first enclave, the Idoneth, proved a dissapointment, fleeing all contact with god or  mortal and dissappearing.”

If they are a disappointment to Teclis they might be alright by me. Hate that aelf. 

'Future projects proved better' doesn't necessarily mean 'failed experiment' but that's certainly a valid interpretation with what little information we have at this stage. And 'failed experiment' doesn't necessarily mean outwardly deformed - they may be 'deformed' in terms of their personality or culture, or they might just not live up to the high ideals of morality and grace that Teclis was aiming for.

Archived