New Aelves

Out of curiosity, do greenskins have souls? Does Gorkamorka take them? Doesn't seem they would really care that much. 

Also, as an ynnari player I really like the duality GW is creating in the lore with slaanesh being challenged by mortal elves and their reborn god's. If anyone has the remotest interest do check out ynnari fluff.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they do but they are not as tasty for Slaanesh as Aelves. 

Yep I love that Aelves fluff mirrors a little bit Eldar and I think that Aelves will be a lot of like Eldar but in Mortal Engines. They would care far and foremost for themselves but would join Sigmar when something threatens their exsitence. That's why they would be in Order even DoK as we see Morathi hates Chaos now more then anything else. But I love Ynnari fluff so I am very happy with it as Slaanesh-Eldar dynamic in Wh40k especially with Ynnari is amazing. 

So we now know what happened to the elves and what the new elves will be like; aelven souls remade into living beings by their new gods. Not the children of Isha anymore, but the children of Tyrion, Malekith, Morathi, Teclis, etc. Interesting. I guess they will be remade in the image of their gods. The tree revenants of the Sylvaneth are fitting with this. 

And so, the elven and their god’s tragedy is started again...

5 minutes ago, Turgol said:

So we now know what happened to the elves and what the new elves will be like; aelven souls remade into living beings by their new gods. Not the children of Isha anymore, but the children of Tyrion, Malekith, Morathi, Teclis, etc. Interesting. I guess they will be remade in the image of their gods. The tree revenants of the Sylvaneth are fitting with this. 

And so, the elven and their god’s tragedy is started again...

Not really -  Morathi Aelves from the information we got are Aelves that Morathi saved from Slaasnesh but they were already tormented and changed by him like Morathi is.

That's why they hate Slaasnesh and Chaos so much and want to give him the business back.  And I guess Morathi wants to be successor of Khaine - goddess of war and murder which fits her perfectly as she was all about Tyrion becoming Avatar of Khaine back in ET. 

But it's quite possible that souls that Tyrion, Teclis and Malerion found were remade after them into Aelves which would be the perfect way to introduce 100% fresh Aelves without existing ranges.  

Well, we do not know that the DoK were rescued from Slaanesh by Morathi or that they were already transformed into his/her form. We only know that Morathi herself escaped and was transformed into the form of her tormentor, not the DoK. It may well be that the DoK are a gift of elven souls from Malerion to Morathi, so that she can rebuild the cult of Khaine but adapted to her new image.

30 minutes ago, Turgol said:

Well, we do not know that the DoK were rescued from Slaanesh by Morathi or that they were already transformed into his/her form. We only know that Morathi herself escaped and was transformed into the form of her tormentor, not the DoK. It may well be that the DoK are a gift of elven souls from Malerion to Morathi, so that she can rebuild the cult of Khaine but adapted to her new image.

Not really as DoK already exist in Mortal Realms so they can't be a gift of Malerion to Morathi.  They already live in Azyrheim in that form (SoS, Witches, Cauldrons) so they have no connection to Malerion or Tyrion. 

We also do not know if they are really part of the elfs of Azyrheim (or if that will be retconned now that the faction will be consolidated) and we also know nothing about why they are. But your explanation (DoK are elves that “got out” of Slaanesh with Morathi, twisted like her to look like him) is exactly as hardly compatible with the “fact” you are referring to (DoK are already in Azyrheim) as the reconstructive alternative.

My guess? Whatever the DoK are, they will be retconned as to only be present in Ulgu with Morathi.

7 hours ago, DantePQ said:

But we still don't know if they found their people, because when Tyrion woke up his Realm was empty with no Elves in it. 

No we do. Tyrion and Malerion found no aelves outside Azyr until they found Morathi who "slithered from the throat" of Slaanesh. Then they kidnapped Slaanesh and removed the Aelves he ate from him/her. This we know and have had confirmed multiple times (Mighty Battles book, BT:GAO, White Dwarf). What we don't know is what GW might retcon it to be. But currently, this is the info.

The hint is that Slaanesh consumed too many elf souls in the End Times and was so glutted that he was sleeping it off for millenia. Then Morathi escapes? Then Tyrion and Malerion kidnap him/her and torture it. According to Warhammer community today Slaanesh is "somewhere between realms".

4 hours ago, Turgol said:

Not the children of Isha anymore, but the children of Tyrion, Malekith, Morathi, Teclis, etc. Interesting. I guess they will be remade in the image of their gods. 

Morathi isn't an Incarnate, I doubt she has the potential to conjure entirely new genesis. The second statement is something I've touched before, how do the Incarnates see themselves? Certain kinship and recognition of the elves that survived must be present given how they've reacted to the situation once they were found by Sigmar. How much were they willing to push or discard the former identity (cultural and possibly even possibly physiological) when they were shifting souls into the material realm is another puzzle. I'm looking forward to the answers.

1 hour ago, zedatkinszed said:

No we do. Tyrion and Malerion found no aelves outside Azyr until they found Morathi who "slithered from the throat" of Slaanesh. Then they kidnapped Slaanesh and removed the Aelves he ate from him/her. This we know and have had confirmed multiple times (Mighty Battles book, BT:GAO, White Dwarf). What we don't know is what GW might retcon it to be. But currently, this is the info.

The hint is that Slaanesh consumed too many elf souls in the End Times and was so glutted that he was sleeping it off for millenia. Then Morathi escapes? Then Tyrion and Malerion kidnap him/her and torture it. According to Warhammer community today Slaanesh is "somewhere between realms".

Didn't know that thanks a lot. 

Now I'm even more curious to read all the lore in the new DoK battletome. 

I think it would be nice touch that those new Aelves would be 100% fresh take on Elves in AoS. 

On 1/26/2018 at 9:10 AM, Menkeroth said:

This means nothing, they were but now they are not and never were in this new world, so no, they belong to another sub-faction.

But too many sub factions is a bad thing and it would be better for the game as a whole to consolidate some of them. Unless every single high elf and dark elf subfaction is getting their own battle tome, then a number of them need to be consolidated to provide for better armies.

30 minutes ago, stratigo said:

But too many sub factions is a bad thing and it would be better for the game as a whole to consolidate some of them. Unless every single high elf and dark elf subfaction is getting their own battle tome, then a number of them need to be consolidated to provide for better armies.

And with 56 possible BT (I'm just listing all AoS categories on the shop)....there will be huuuge lapse of time before a single one get an update. And if they are not all BT material, why don't we just move them in a already existing battletome (with some similar theme) and you can still take them as allies. So I agree with you on this.

Yep 56 BT is  too much. 

But there is possibility that some of them will be just GH armies or should be folded into bigger factions. 

I think that this should happen to Shadowblades as they are perfect example of a tiny faction that could be easily folded into DoK 

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

Shadowblades as they are perfect example of a tiny faction that could be easily folded into DoK 

Sorry Dude but no that isn't going to happen. That's like saying Wanderers should get folded into Sylvaneth. There is literally nothing linking them in AOS. The only thing that binds these two faction is the models former roles in WHFB.

The Shadowblade minis might be an ok fit in the Scourerunners or the Darklings. But DoK, no. In all truth that Warlock/Dark Rider kit has no future (I'll be shocked if they rebox it). IMHO they'll gender swap the warlocks and have a new cavalry unit for the DoK (replacing the Dark riders on the sprue) in a few years.

Look at it coldly, the only reason they haven't squated the Warlocks already - and therefore the dark riders too - is because the Dark riders going would wipe out the whole Shadowblade faction. And that is an inverse vote of confidence in the Shadowblades as a faction. I don't understand it but that's what it is.

If GW are folding units into anything it's city alliances. Firestorm gives the rules and examples of where and how this is happening.

1 hour ago, Harioch said:

And with 56 possible BT (I'm just listing all AoS categories on the shop)....there will be huuuge lapse of time before a single one get an update. And if they are not all BT material, why don't we just move them in a already existing battletome (with some similar theme) and you can still take them as allies. So I agree with you on this.

I suspect this is exactly what we'll see starting with Legions of Nagash. That books looks to be combining several smaller factions together.

I think theres no discernible pattern with gws approach to aos. Theyre flitting between standalone forces eg sylvaneth/kharadrons, 2 in 1 books eg blades of khorne/maggotkin of nurgle, books that have so many units theyre doing multiple start collectings eg stormcast/vanguard and books that combine a whole grand alliance into multiple allegiances eg legions of nagash.

I like this randomness as it stays true to the original aos idea that u can buy the models u like and play them right away! It also means u never really know what theyre gonna release next, which i think is great!

1 hour ago, zedatkinszed said:

Sorry Dude but no that isn't going to happen. That's like saying Wanderers should get folded into Sylvaneth. There is literally nothing linking them in AOS. The only thing that binds these two faction is the models former roles in WHFB.

The Shadowblade minis might be an ok fit in the Scourerunners or the Darklings. But DoK, no. In all truth that Warlock/Dark Rider kit has no future (I'll be shocked if they rebox it). IMHO they'll gender swap the warlocks and have a new cavalry unit for the DoK (replacing the Dark riders on the sprue) in a few years.

Look at it coldly, the only reason they haven't squated the Warlocks already - and therefore the dark riders too - is because the Dark riders going would wipe out the whole Shadowblade faction. And that is an inverse vote of confidence in the Shadowblades as a faction. I don't understand it but that's what it is.

If GW are folding units into anything it's city alliances. Firestorm gives the rules and examples of where and how this is happening.

Mate stop writing laughable stuff :P 

When Sylvaneth was released Treemans, Dryads and Branchwych were literally folded into them. 

There is so little lore about Shadowblades that it could be easily retconed  and I didn't said that they would be folded into DoK I said they should. 

And whole stuff about swapping Warlocks gender, a unit that is used in DoK trailer for some reason and how you know that GW will repacle Dark Riders sprue from already existing boxis(unprecedent move)  just nonsense. LOL.   

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

Mate stop writing laughable stuff :P 

When Sylvaneth was released Treemans, Dryads and Branchwych were literally folded into them. 

There is so little lore about Shadowblades that it could be easily retconed  and I didn't said that they would be folded into DoK I said they should. 

And whole stuff about swapping Warlocks gender, a unit that is used in DoK trailer for some reason and how you know that GW will repacle Dark Riders sprue from already existing boxis(unprecedent move)  just nonsense. LOL.   

I agree, can't see them replacing the warlock dual kit simply for the gender reason.  Any reasoning for old fluff can easily be retconned if it means GW don't have to make any new minis to replace perfectly fine minis

Is someone willing to explain why they don't like the Warlocks here then? 

They have been part of Daughters of Khaine since the inception of DoK (2015-2016) and now suddenly people notice that they are male and want them to be female because else they don't match the 'Daughters of Khaine'?

I guess I don't get that aspect whatsoever... :/ I mean the name of this faction isn't new, these specific Warlocks isn't new and the Warlocks being part of 'Daughters' isn't new either.

Don't get it either, I love their kit and it's really easy to kitbash them into girls if someone wants to. 

Also if DoK don't get spellcaster hero level character they would be our chance to use new Spell lore without Morathi. But if DoK get new spell lore I think that a rule that Darkling Covens Sorceresses taken as an ally could use new spells would be awesome and very cool. (but I doubt it will happen just my 5 cents). 

2 hours ago, Killax said:

I guess I don't get that aspect whatsoever... :/ I mean the name of this faction isn't new, these specific Warlocks isn't new and the Warlocks being part of 'Daughters' isn't new either.

Exactly. Sometimes people behave so strange one could question their sanity.

Archived