Age of Sigmar Open Day 2018

RuneBrush

56 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Is there really absolutely no preview / news coming on an AOS open day ?? Seems strange indeed !

Usually no big reveals but they will show off some forgeworld stuff. However, this is quite a big attendance from the Studio, so I'm expecting something although may be another teaser. I'm playing in the Shadespire event but suspect I might be catching up on stuff via Twitter depending on timings :D 

41 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I really wish they would do an event like this in Canada :P

Not quite Canada but maybe they will with the US Warhammer Cafe? :D 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/15/warhammer-age-sigmar-open-day-previews-grand-clash/

This article suggests that there will be new stuff. I hope they don't just mean the Dok minis as they are already on display at warhammer world. 

If we do end getting nothing here, GW have promised reveals at Gama in mid March and 3 new things at Adepticon at the end of March..

25 minutes ago, Chikout said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/15/warhammer-age-sigmar-open-day-previews-grand-clash/

This article suggests that there will be new stuff. I hope they don't just mean the Dok minis as they are already on display at warhammer world. 

If we do end getting nothing here, GW have promised reveals at Gama in mid March and 3 new things at Adepticon at the end of March..

For Gama I would expect some boxed games and/or expansions for BB/Necromunda - maybe a reveal of Titanicus. Something that fits more into the territory of Board games. Adepticon might get a bit more 40k heavy as for the recent focus on AoS, and probably shwoing what is coming for Necro/BB, if nothing was shown at Gama.

AoS Open day should show at least some more concrete teasers for Idro-whatsthierface Deepkin. We probably will get some teasers near the end of the workweek.

But no matter when and were stuff is shown with 3 events coming up in March we are in for a wild ride, either way

+++ IMPORTANT +++

If for what ever reason you aren't aware, we are having a bit of snow in the UK. If you are planning on going to the Age of Sigmar Open Day, please check that it is going ahead. At the moment it seems to be as the staff are frantically cleaning the car park and making it safe to use but we all know that the weather can change in the UK. Make sure that you check out the Warhammer World Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/GWWarhammerWorld/) or the blog (https://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2018/03/01/snow-updates-about-any-changes/) to keep up to date with what they are planning to do.

Also make sure you give yourself plenty of time for travelling because most of us aren't used to this sort of weather ;) 

Oh no! I am thousands of miles away in Japan but I really hope it is not cancelled.  Was looking forward to hearing news from the attendees and obviously it would be massively disappointing for anyone who has bought tickets. 

I wonder if this storm has anything to do with us not receiving any teaser/trailer of the Deepkin! Though given the relevance of the British market for GW, what better way to connect with their customers than send them love and warmth with the Idoneth? I bet they get more views from thousands of bored brits at home! 

35 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Oh no! I am thousands of miles away in Japan but I really hope it is not cancelled.  Was looking forward to hearing news from the attendees and obviously it would be massively disappointing for anyone who has bought tickets. 

Well I'm going and playing Shadespire and was really looking forwards to going but 100% understand their thinking. No point opening for the sake of it if your staff and customers aren't safe. I've been very lucky where I live as it's just been really cold but having been in these sorts of conditions in the past, it's not worth risking your safety.

The update is it's shut for today and possibly tomorrow but they are doing what they can to rearrange. Hopefully the weather is okay for people to travel but if not I'm sure they will make up for it.

I think they will focus on Malign Portents and Daughters of Khaine with some new Deepkin teaser, I doubt they will preview Deepkin at AoS Day as that would steal DoK show. Wild guess 

- another Deepkin teaser (maybe like Shadow Queen reveal animated video)

- huge Daughters of Khaine 

- maybe first look into what studio want to accomplish with GH2018 

- possibly some Shadespire news ( I hope for some new warbands after Khorne and SCE - like Sylvaneth, Daughters of Khaine - they fit great lorewise).

1 hour ago, FERRUMITE said:

Can one of you kind gentlemen or gentlewomen going please ask the Forge World staff when/if they are planning a Chaos Dwarf Battletome when there? I’d really love to get some info regarding what they have planned 

6E268FE0-F4B3-4D44-9047-A389F3FEAAA8.jpeg

I'll second that. Maybe see if they're considering making kit to give bull Centaurs a 2h weapon conversion option to work with the rules. Also... Just let them know we want our hobgoblins back!

1 minute ago, Lobeau said:

I'll second that. Maybe see if they're considering making kit to give bull Centaurs a 2h weapon conversion option to work with the rules. Also... Just let them know we want our hobgoblins back!

Oh my goodness YES I want my hobgoblins back so much! I even asked Jes Bickham about them in a recent twitch stream!

Providing it's going ahead (and I can get there), I'll see what information I can glean from Forge World.  3 of the FW staff are painters so unlikely to get much new information from them ;)  But Tony & Anthony hopefully can give us some information

I know there are a lot of people who knock GW for numerous reasons, but posts like this on Facebook really do highlight that the company has a lot of very genuine people and goes above and beyond (which is unlike Premier Inn who won't let you cancel a Saver room even if Khorne Himself appeared and stopped you going)

image.png.64331899b42c276d69075a73b9d2364d.png

39 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

But Tony & Anthony hopefully can give us some information

Tony will give you all sorts on info. Just probably not what you want ;) 

My plan is to do really badly at Shadespire and see what I can see between games. :D 

1 minute ago, RuneBrush said:

I know there are a lot of people who knock GW for numerous reasons, but posts like this on Facebook really do highlight that the company has a lot of very genuine people and goes above and beyond (which is unlike Premier Inn who won't let you cancel a Saver room even if Khorne Himself appeared and stopped you going)

Yup. Company I work for is very hot on Health and Safety so I completely back which ever decision GW choose to do, but this shows that they do care about the fans. I know one person was moaning yesterday as they came to Warhammer World for a visit but I know GW were sending staff home due to the weather. It's a game of toy soldiers, so I'm fairly sure your health and safety is more important ;) 

7 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

Clearly the sane thing to do is to take lovely photos of the Idoneth Deepkin and stick them out there for all to see

Doubt it as I guess they weren't showing Deepkin anyway as they I believe will and should support DoK as much as they can (especially with how pricey this army is). Wild guess of course but I was expecting some kind of another teaser not some kind of models preview.(maybe something like Shadow Queen reveal trailer followed by preview at Adepticon)

Via Warhammer World FB page

Snow Update Friday 2nd March 12.00 pm

Due to the tireless efforts of our Site Services team over the last 24 hours, Warhammer World will be open on Saturday 3rd March 10.00am to 6.00pm. Bugman’s will be open from 9.00am, for those early arrivals who want to get a hot breakfast.

Warhammer Underworlds: Shapespire Grand Clash will still be taking place, but we will be refunding all of the tickets. That means a free event if you’re a ticketholder who has battled the elements! Whenever you arrive, you can join in.

The Warhammer Age of Sigmar Open Day will be cancelled. We will be rescheduling the event, and announcing details soon, so don’t refund your ticket just yet, as we’ll be putting plans in place for refunding and/or reallocating your tickets to the future date.

Entry to the Warhammer World Exhibition will be free for everyone on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th of March. Enjoy fantastic miniatures where it’s warm and dry.

It’s not been an easy decision to make, and we thank you for being patient while we have waited to be certain of the situation. Although we have been able to make the site safe at Warhammer World, we’re still unable to get all of the content and staff for the Open Day here safely, and a great many customers are unable to travel to us.

Look out for the new Open Day date being announced soon, and if you are coming to Warhammer World this weekend, please take your time, and travel safely.

These details are also available on our website here:https://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2018/03/01/snow-updates-about-any-changes/

1 minute ago, DantePQ said:

Doubt it as I guess they weren't showing Deepkin anyway as they I believe will and should support DoK as much as they can (especially with how pricey this army is). Wild guess of course but I was expecting some kind of another teaser not some kind of models preview.(maybe something like Shadow Queen reveal trailer followed by preview at Adepticon)

Boo! We have to miss AoSfest and be serious and reasonable? No thanks!

THREE SNOW DAYS
AND STILL NO IDONETH
HOW COME, GW?

Archived