Ironjawz 2nd place at Warhammer World GT

The Stronghold

Well done! Ironjawz seem to be in a relatively good shape now. On the other hand there aren't many Destruction players in the top 50. So overall Destruction isn't that good. There may be some good players but overall Destruction seems to be in a bad state. Because most of the players aren't top players, but mediocre gamers.

So I would rate the state of Destruction more on the overall performance than that of a single player. And the overall performance isn't that good if you compare it to Order or Chaos. But maybe that is also because a lot more people are playing these factions.Still it takes a lot of skill playing a faction, which might be in a bad shape. So big congrats!!!

There are even more Death armies in the whole tournament than Destruction. 

I still find it sad that BCR are now in such a bad place. Is it because no one wants to play BCR anymore or just because they got  nerfed so much? I am still hoping that they reverse the Stonehorn changes. I know it won't happen, but one can still hope.

I hope that some people will keep playing them, because they have such cool-looking models.

1 hour ago, Adeeb said:

Does anyone know what was in the ironjawz list that came second place? 

I believe @Chris Tomlin posted it on his Twitter page. List was by James Williams (https://twitter.com/thewulfen) and is as follows:

Maw Krusha
- Ironclad
- Meatrippa

Grot Shaman

20 Ardboyz

3 Gore Gruntas

3 Gore Gruntas

6 Gore Gruntas

2 Doom Divers

Gorefist

Congrats!!!!

Morning,

Yeh this is a fantastic result from James. Very impressive indeed. The list is particularly interesting, most notably for the lack of Brutes as @Malakree said. I would love to speak with James about some of his decisions in list making and also find out the lists he played etc. Truly is an amazing result. Incredibly pleased for him and glad someone was flying the Ironjawz/Destruction flag so high at the GT.

10 hours ago, Infeston said:

Well done! Ironjawz seem to be in a relatively good shape now. On the other hand there aren't many Destruction players in the top 50. So overall Destruction isn't that good. There may be some good players but overall Destruction seems to be in a bad state. Because most of the players aren't top players, but mediocre gamers.

So I would rate the state of Destruction more on the overall performance than that of a single player. And the overall performance isn't that good if you compare it to Order or Chaos. But maybe that is also because a lot more people are playing these factions.Still it takes a lot of skill playing a faction, which might be in a bad shape. So big congrats!!!

There are even more Death armies in the whole tournament than Destruction. 

I still find it sad that BCR are now in such a bad place. Is it because no one wants to play BCR anymore or just because they got  nerfed so much? I am still hoping that they reverse the Stonehorn changes. I know it won't happen, but one can still hope.

I hope that some people will keep playing them, because they have such cool-looking models.

This is very inline with a lot of the commentary @Soup Dragon has made over the course of the last few GH2017 events. Hard to ignore.

Once again, well done James!!

As others have said, this is an absolute renegade list, wow! 

James is currently chatting about this army and performance quite openly on the Ironjawz FB group, including a run down of all 6 opponents, for those who are interested. 

It’s quite interesting how the changes in GHB17 have made this list viable.  James has obviously bought into  it really well he’s seen what the changes meant and adjusted appropriately, love it.  

Goregruntas are clearly competively priced these days, although I’d still rather they’d tweaked the charge ability.

2 hours ago, Peter said:

As others have said, this is an absolute renegade list, wow! 

James is currently chatting about this army and performance quite openly on the Ironjawz FB group, including a run down of all 6 opponents, for those who are interested. 

I don't do Facebook. Could you copy and paste some of the info on his opponents etc please?

13 hours ago, Nico said:

I love Ardboyz, but don't get the Doom Divers over either Rock Lobbas or Bolt Throwaz.

I suspect it's  because of  the longer range and no line of sight need. Dishing out d6 wounds isn't bad either

I normally run the lobbas, but if I had the points to spare I'd take the divers over chukas every time. But it seems like I'm in the minority with that opinion. 

Archived