GHB17 - Let´s talk Chaos

Furious Robert

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slaanesh battle traits are incredibly strong imho. Skryre are not so bad too, don't particularly like pestilens and STD ones.

Let's wait the brayherd!

Imho slaanesh could really become a thing with 3 command abilities or 2 traits and reroll 1s to hit for all troops

Now hellflayers and seeker chariots can be battleline, they have to become member of a host and you can choose between 3: 1 is not exciting, the other one makes your general have 2 traits and make all your more than 10 models units reroll 1 to hit. The last one allows you to have 3 general (only 1 has command traits) and they can all use their command abilities until they are more than 12" from each other.

Also 2 of the command traits are really good, -1 to hit in combat and +1 to hit, cast and other if near slaanesh units

Really good stuffs imho

I'm a bit disappointed about skaven pestilens allegiance ability. Though it is very cool ability, getting those rolls of 6 from prayers is very rng and the abilities provided were imo kinda weak (well not weak really, but comparable to fyreslayer abilities even though fyreslayer stuff doesn't require any lucky dice rolls). Also speaking of prayers, only furnaces can throw any prayers to allies, rest of the prayers are 13 range and only against enemies, which is bad as it means that in early turns you can't just spam prayers to get some bonuses up early. I only have 2 furnaces and horned rat be my witness, I ain't buying and painting another one. 

Still I'm anxious to see all of the artifacts and traits. At least skaven pestilens gets easily tons of artifacts.

The best thing of this? Daemon Princes and Spawn don't cost reinforcement points. Heck yes, at last! I saw this same ruling in the 40k Codex and I totally expected it go be in AoS.

What is even best? They let you chose if you want to lose your hero for a spawn or a Daemon Prince, and put a price in the negative. The best incarnation of this very fun and fluffy rule EVER.

27 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

I'm a bit disappointed about skaven pestilens allegiance ability. Though it is very cool ability, getting those rolls of 6 from prayers is very rng and the abilities provided were imo kinda weak (well not weak really, but comparable to fyreslayer abilities even though fyreslayer stuff doesn't require any lucky dice rolls). Also speaking of prayers, only furnaces can throw any prayers to allies, rest of the prayers are 13 range and only against enemies, which is bad as it means that in early turns you can't just spam prayers to get some bonuses up early. I only have 2 furnaces and horned rat be my witness, I ain't buying and painting another one. 

Still I'm anxious to see all of the artifacts and traits. At least skaven pestilens gets easily tons of artifacts.

@angrycontra true these are not amazing though they do seem pretty fun.  Note that we are not sure that's all they will get.  There could be more interesting and powerful things further down the page.  this is just a teaser after all.  Plus a Vermin-lord corrupter with the Liber Bubonicus is a really huge upgrade to its power as they can now potentially cast 2 spells and a prayer per hero phase I think that will be quite strong.

8 hours ago, shinros said:

Really like how slaanesh fits with their lore background on them looking for slaanesh. The abilities look pretty good to tide us over until they do a proper release. Also getting kinda tempted to do a skaven army. 

Me too for these points.

Also did they say Hellflayers would count as BL?  I just mathed out re-rolling 1s, Lord of War and attack twice on 30 Daemoenttes and it's a nice additional boost for the unit.

I want to know your take on the deranged inventor rule.

To me it looks awesome until you realize that the only unit that can benefit from it is a doomwheel.... Than considering that you have to be 6" from the general to use it, yo realize this is pretty much usless since most probably the doomwheel will be way furter up the like running over enemy troops 

I wish that that deranged inventor didn't have the skyre warmachines requirement. Taking plagueclaws as allies would have been great combo. In general though that skyre allegiance ability is mostly worse version of tzeentch allegiance ability. Only the double damage bit saves it a little.

1 hour ago, shadowgra said:

The skryre ability is all about doubling the damage, the other things are not as strong. Note that it says skryre model.

Stormfiend that can put out 4d3 mortal wounds. Warpfire thrower with 2D6.

This is gonna hurt. A lot.

It's double the damage of a weapon. I interpret that as melee weapons. Surely they don't intend 12 damage lightning cannons?

So based on that, what would be the best targets for double? Arc-warlock's claw was already mentioned. Mortar teams can do d6 or even quaranteed 6 damage, huge benefit for them. Am I missing something obvious here? Also I'm kinda interested whether it's possible to choose to double damage after any random damage roll or do you have to double it before hand?

4 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

So based on that, what would be the best targets for double? Arc-warlock's claw was already mentioned. Mortar teams can do d6 or even quaranteed 6 damage, huge benefit for them. Am I missing something obvious here? Also I'm kinda interested whether it's possible to choose to double damage after any random damage roll or do you have to double it before hand?

Rattling guns are also a good trget flr this ability.

I would think you can use the token when ever you want since it doesn't say when you have to use it, so basically you can choose to dounle it after roling the random damage 

I am starting to think that thr person that wrote our alliance ability didnt play much skyre.... Skyre is mostly about mortal eounds and double dammage doesnt count for mortal wounds, derwnged inventor is also not that good. and the otb that kills the model instantly only works one time out of 6 battles you play. Not the best abilities so far 

Hope they have more in store for us then they are showing

Gw said a while back that Skansen will be getting a lot of love so I'm not really surprised.

So compendiums are finally gone.

until forgeworld rewrite their compendiums ( hahahahaha!!!) the only way you'll get a bell cannon in your army now is through chaos dwarfs allies or armies.

however for me, it now means potentially  I can have skin wolves in my slaves to darkness marauder army and not break allegiance. 

Ill be interested to see if allies have to have a leader model or not.  For pure rule of cool reasons I'd like to see the cursed ettin back, as that, skin wolves, two mammoths, marauder horsemen and marauder bloodreaver conversions running across a board would just look epic!

Archived