Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Morathi can't be general when you choose Cult which needs to be FAQed ASAP as is stupid. 

Do you mean if you pick a set temple she can'tbe the general? If so can you link the source, I've not seen that in the leaks so far.

It's not that hard to get them animated. The problem is that i don't see them worth 180 points. Khorgoraths do less damage (not much less), but they cost 80 points and only have 1 wound less. With a 2+ or 3+ armor save my opinion would be different tho.

With the rules confirmed and the more I think about it, the less I like this whole shape-shifting shtick. I think I will give Morathi a pass for now.

Maybe the DoK will have a place with this rumoured "Aelven Legion" in the future, who knows. :)

1 hour ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

This is a much better review than the rather clumsy BoLS one...

Thank you. As a non english speaker, one of the BolS guys is pretty hard to understand sometimes. Checking it out now to see if he covers something that hasn't been covered elsewhere.

Cheers.

8 hours ago, DantePQ said:

One Bloodwrack Shrine, One Cauldron 

2 Hags/Slaugther Queens

and Witch Elves (SoS are not that good , I will use maybe one unit of 10 with shields to guard objectives) 

you're looking at nice army then 

I think units of 20 WE are the best combination as they don't get bonuses for big units (of course you get discount) but they would be easier to navigate. 

So how do you evolve that to a 1000 point army?  (If you want to play before wave 2) Buy another box of Witch elves and one with Doomfire warlocks? Like:

Bloodwrack Medusae 

Cauldron of Blood 

Hag?

20 Witch elves 

10 Sisters of Slaughter 

5 Doomfire warlocks

Should be 1000 points. 

1000 points this is what i am going to go.

Hagg Nar (+1 FnP when combined with prayers is just flat out better than -1 to hit on shooting phase imo)

Slaughter queen (reroll FnP) general trait give bravery to DoK units, artifact i will have to check them out, probably the one that allows you reroll 1s on prayers.

Hag queen (reroll FnP)

30 witch elfs

10 Sisters

5 Khinerai

5 Doomfire (mindrazor)

690 + whatever the slaughter queen on foot cost. Depending on it I may switch the Sisters to a full witch elf horde or blood sisters, or get her on a cauldron of blood.

If i am not mistaken, the +1 FnP will be stackable

14 minutes ago, Keldaur said:

1000 points this is what i am going to go.

Hagg Nar (+1 FnP when combined with prayers is just flat out better than -1 to hit on shooting phase imo)

Slaughter queen (reroll FnP) general trait give bravery to DoK units

Hag queen (reroll FnP)

30 witch elfs

10 Sisters

5 Khinerai

5 Doomfire (mindrazor)

690 + whatever the slaughter queen on foot cost. Depending on it I may switch the Sisters to a full witch elf horde or blood sisters, or get her on a cauldron of blood.

If i am not mistaken, the +1 FnP will be stackable

....See, this seems pretty darn good to me. 5++ with Re-roll seems better than -1 to hit in most cases, though, I am in the mindset that with the -1 to shooting, I'd bring a sorceress and then stack the -2 to hit on the shooting threat. 

47 minutes ago, Yokai said:

The more I think about it, the less I like this whole shape-shifting shtick. I think I will give Morathi a pass for now.

Maybe the DoK will have a place with this rumoured "Aelven Legion" in the future, who knows. :)

I would reframe how you think about her.  She is either a laser  cannon, or a monster beatstick, and you get to choose depending upon circumstances such as opponent and battle plan.  If someone wants to a) go first and b) send stuff far enough up the board to hurt her in elf form, they will have massively overexposed themselves.  I think she's going to be a blast to play with and will have a place in competitive lists, although probably not as a general.

1 minute ago, Richelieu said:

I would reframe how you think about her.  She is either a laser  cannon, or a monster beatstick, and you get to choose depending upon circumstances such as opponent and battle plan.  If someone wants to a) go first and b) send stuff far enough up the board to hurt her in elf form, they will have massively overexposed themselves.  I think she's going to be a blast to play with and will have a place in competitive lists, although probably not as a general.

You are probably right, but I think I will still wait and see what the other aelven options will be. The Idoneth Deepkin seem intriguing, and I am eager to see what Tyrion and Teclis have been up to.

And it's not like the DoK are for a limited time only, right? I can change my mind later. ;)

30 minutes ago, Yokai said:

You are probably right, but I think I will still wait and see what the other aelven options will be. The Idoneth Deepkin seem intriguing, and I am eager to see what Tyrion and Teclis have been up to.

And it's not like the DoK are for a limited time only, right? I can change my mind later. ;)

With the stuff that GW has been putting out lately, I'm sure the Deepkin will be amazing and I'll want to buy them too! 

The temple nest is 80pts, I'll take that for the core force, 2 units of blood sisters and 2 units of blood stalkers and then a Medusa with reroll 1's to cast and add +1 to cast lore of shadows. 

Then I'll go the shadow temple just for the -1 to hit and the fact you can get a free teleport for a unit within 7" of your general. That can be morathi getting lunched up field in snake form, a blood wrack shrine to nuke a horde blob, a cauldron to buff some witches or just general units to grab an objective.

Then there is a spell that swaps 2 Hero's within 24 of each other and 6" from the enemy. Combo that with steed of shadows and lunch up a lowly medusa 16+d6 a turn and then do the swap next turn with morathi or a cauldron/shrine will be crazy good. The 5+++ may be good but it affects one unit, so the minus one is still good for protecting the heroes and any unit really in a ranged fight 

The Wanderers' item "Forget-me-knot" does not, among other things, allow an enemy Hero to use abilities.  As the "Iron Heart of Khaine" is an ability, then I presume that Morathi would take more than 3 wounds in the combat phase this item was used.  Is this a correct interpretation?

56 minutes ago, zedatkinszed said:

This might be a stupid question but the Shadowhammer compact do the SCE count as allies here? Becuase the minimum points to field the storm cast element of this scroll is 460 (2 Liberators + 1 Judicators + 1 prosecutors) This would make this a 2.5K or 3K list ONLY.

They don't.  I'll find the relevant ghb passage and post it.

Edit: Double Misfire posted it below.

16 minutes ago, zedatkinszed said:

This might be a stupid question but the Shadowhammer compact do the SCE count as allies here? Becuase the minimum points to field the storm cast element of this scroll is 460 (2 Liberators + 1 Judicators + 1 prosecutors) This would make this a 2.5K or 3K list ONLY.

Nope!

According to page 117 of the current GHB "When picking your army's allegiance all units in a warscroll battalion are considered to have the same allegiance noted above the title of the warscroll". This means that you can include the four Stormcast units in the Shadowhammer Compact in addition any other allied units (Stormcast support characters?), and that the two Liberator units, not being defined as allies as per page 76 of the GHB would still count towards your minimum amount of battleline. :D 

Archived