Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though that's one of the best abilities in the game, combined with Blood Rites (yep she will hit like a monster truck in turns 3 and 4 and her command ability she's truly a monster that can't be easly dealt with)

Also we don't know her spellcasting abilities/spells/items. 

She is going to be incredibly hard to kill! Going by the wording from the 2 previews, you can only allocate 3 wounds a turn to her, but their 6++ save is after that allocation, so unless she rolls terribly, it's going to take a minimum of 5 turns to kill her second form. As it takes 2 or 3 turns to kill her first form, she is going to survive most games!

Looks like GW is taking on the issue of the big pretty centerpiece hero models getting sniped off the board turn 1 or 2. It should make for a more visually appealing game at the very least.  Gaze of Morathi is going to be very annoying for those armies that rely on a banner, musician or special weapon to make a middling unit pretty good. If I'm not mistaken, there are at least a couple other "pick a model to kill" attacks or abilities, but this seems like it'll be really easy to pull off.

She can take a mawcrusha too the face and swat it away!!! She can also charge a deathstar squad tank and only take 3 wounds (her base can connect with alot of models denying them a move away into your other units) and keeping your weaker daughters alive. ThIs quite the speed bump for your enemy! And if you know she's gonna lose her last few wounds, fly away from combat and tie them up in a sea of witches ! 

14 minutes ago, Spiny Norman said:

Heart of Khaine: Not sure how I feel about this.

If GW wants to go this road. "can't take more than xx wounds..."

Seems rather f*cking uncreative to increase a models survivability.

It;s awesome as you can build an army around her even if she is 550+ points plus (and I think she could be over 600 easily depends on command ability on big version, spells etc, drawback - as big one could have some kind of frenzy). For example you can't  do that with Alarielle 

1 hour ago, boots468 said:

She is going to be incredibly hard to kill! Going by the wording from the 2 previews, you can only allocate 3 wounds a turn to her, but their 6++ save is after that allocation, so unless she rolls terribly, it's going to take a minimum of 5 turns to kill her second form. As it takes 2 or 3 turns to kill her first form, she is going to survive most games!

Yep but you can then hit her again and allocate another 1-2 wound on her up to 3. 

4 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I think she looses her command ability and the ability to cast when she goes snake modebdue to the wording on the community page 

"While you’ll lose out on your command ability and enhanced powers of sorcery" 

It means that she loses her bonuses to cast/unbind (mention earlier) not that she loses ability to cast spells (maybe for example she is +2 to cast and +1/2 to unbid and can cast 3-4 spells in Oracle form and then have no bonuses to cast/unbid and can cast 1-2 spells in Snake form) but after you're right surely she loses her command ability but inspiring presence isn't that bad :P 

So does she get healed to full when transforming? Or does she have 6 something wounds in elf form and it changes to the 12?

Also can someone remind me how wounds work in AoS? I have switched to 40k since a year, but DoK seem to bring me back! So if Druthu attacks 3 times and hits all 3 and wounds only 2, she still suffers 12 wounds if she fails her normal save rolls...how does the 6+++ Allegiance ability work? you roll 2 dice or 12?

Thank you guys!

5 minutes ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

looks great. I can't wait to see the rest of her warscroll. I wonder what happens if she loses all 6 wounds in oracle form? Is she dead or does she still get to transform?

I would expect her to have a pretty hefty points value with those stats/abilities.

It's difficult to make a good guess with so much of her warscroll yet to be revealed, but I'll give it a go by analyzing the costs of other factions mega-heroes.

Gordrakk (620) - Conservatively priced, a melee powerhouse with an incredible one-time command ability.  More wounds (unless you count her as an 18 wound model) and a better save than Morathi, with a superior melee damage output.

Alarielle (600) - Also conservatively priced.  Many spells per turn, including some quite good ones, with a huge regenerative ability.  If not killed in one turn she can easily heal 7 or more wounds.  Devastating melee damage output, probably higher than Morathi in snake form.  Mediocre command ability.  I really think this is about comparable to what Morathi's board presence will be, but since I think Alarielle is overpriced compared to more recent releases, I don't see Morathi being this much.

Star Drake (560) - All but impossible to kill without mortal wounds, full battlefield mortal wound output, ability to pick off up to 3 specific models per turn vs morathi's 1.  His is also in the combat phase, meaning he gets to use it twice per battle round.  Lackluster command ability.  This guy is like no other model in the game.  He just lumbers around the battlefield doing as he pleases, but with an overall investment of 660 points including his mandatory Lord Castellant companion, it's not surprising.  I think Morathi will be cheaper than this.

Prince Vhordrai (480) - Super strong melee, fast, great unique spell, solid command ability, somewhat fragile.  I think this is close to what Morathi will be capable of, but weaker in almost every respect, so we can probably safely say she'll be more than this.

Rotigus (340) - Really? 340 points? What was GW smoking? This guy is way underpriced in my opinion, but even so, not as big of a presense as Morathi will have, so we can safely say she'll be more points than this.

Lord of Change (300) I just wanted to include Lord of Change in here to highlight how absurdly underpriced he is compared to these other behemoths. :D

Sooooo....My best guess would be Morathi at 540 points.

I will be a bit of a party pooper.

First, 4+ 6++ is not really good save for a big monster, probably for her price, it would be at the lower end of resistance, therefore it's rather easy to get wounds on her. 

Second, rounds=/=turns. You can kill her before turn 5, actually, the soonest is 2.5 (taking for granted she transforms after 3 wounds are dealt to her).

Third, most of her stats, rules are hidden. The most worrying thing to me is the ability to shoot twice in the hero phase, but that relies on synergies and let's see if she doesn't retain it after switching to sneikform, so we will see.

18 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Yep but you can then hit her again and allocate another 1-2 wound on her up to 3. 

Not so.  You can only allocate 3 wounds to her each turn.  So, if 3 wounds are allocated each one will trigger the 6++.  On a success, the wound is not suffered, but it has still been allocated and so further wounds may not be allocated.

13 minutes ago, Keldaur said:

I will be a bit of a party pooper.

First, 4+ 6++ is not really good save for a big monster, probably for her price, it would be at the lower end of resistance, therefore it's rather easy to get wounds on her. 

Second, rounds=/=turns. You can kill her before turn 5, actually, the soonest is 2.5 (taking for granted she transforms after 3 wounds are dealt to her).

Third, most of her stats, rules are hidden. The most worrying thing to me is the ability to shoot twice in the hero phase, but that relies on synergies and let's see if she doesn't retain it after switching to sneikform, so we will see.

Yes, that is the absolute soonest, but I'd argue you're playing pretty poorly in general if you let that happen and her dying is the least of your worries.

8 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

Yes, that is the absolute soonest, but I'd argue you're playing pretty poorly in general if you let that happen and her dying is the least of your worries.

Depends on the matchup, scenery, etc. But yeah, I would expect her to last all game, which from the glimpse of the stats we had seen, doesn't seem too terrible. But of course we don't know more of about their rules and cost.

22 hours ago, maximum_pants said:

are these sisters of slaughter from the community article  equipped with whip and dagger? currently the scroll only allows whip and shield

WHIPANDDAGGER.png

AoSKhaine-Feb20-Image3lt.jpg

Any one else notice the Sisters of slaughter with all sorts of weapon combos. Here's hoping witch Elves can benefit too :)

54 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

Not so.  You can only allocate 3 wounds to her each turn.  So, if 3 wounds are allocated each one will trigger the 6++.  On a success, the wound is not suffered, but it has still been allocated and so further wounds may not be allocated.

Technically correct based on what we've seen but I'd be very very surprised if that was not faq'd or further langauge allowed it to happen.  She would be an auto include if this is how it actually went live.

10 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

I presume that the maximum of 3 wounds allocated per turn is only when she is in her High Oracle of Khaine form and therefore does not apply in her monstrous form.

It says in the article that the monstrous form also benefits from the heart of khaine

2 hours ago, Nevvermore said:

Holy ******, she’s going to be hard to take out! And assuming you transform her in turn two, it’s not even possible until turn five...  crazy stuff!

Turn is Igo, Round is IgoUgo, deepstrikers are going to be terrifying for her queen form.

Archived