sky-bashas and grotbag-scuttlers: Yay or Nay?

Sadysaneto

So, dorfs got their skyships.

Will they be the only ones?

I mean, afaik, the ships are a new beast to the game - transport, with its own rules.

Makes sense that more armies qill get them.

And we already knew about the sky-bashas, now, aprils WD tells the tale of sky pirate goblins - the grotbag scuttlers.

Since i play ironjawz, moonclan and dispossessed, im stoke by the possibility.

Will we see them?

Evil GW, dont play your games with me!

What is stopping you making your own?

I already have a few ideas - the new fluff/realms  luckily leaves out the need to making a rational flying vessel. Not to ridicule the concept of eather good but it opens to alternative concept of why/how things can fly. So making your own flying transport should be possible knowing gork and/or more will make it float ;)

rules wise I cannot help you but for me that would also be the least of my problem in making something. 

Personally I see us not getting anything like this for quite a while. It's a great concept but it's one I don't think GW will be rushing to visit so soon, once the Kharadron Overlords land. As mentioned there is nothing stopping you converting up a army of them ;) 

It wouldn't take too much of a stretch to imagine GW giving each of the four alliances an aerial faction; the Overlords, the Scuttlers, Tzeentch already somewhat fills the theme, considering all the flying they have, and adding a branch of vampires that have a focus on bat-form, felbats, batswarms and their ilk, or spirit hosts/ghosts, could lend itself to some interesting scenarios...

Imagine playing AoS on islands, instead of a flat board? Jumping from island to island, controlling bridges and passageways, etc, could be interesting to say the least. Maybe a "Realmgate Wars"-esque storyline/scenarios book to come... I hope, anyway :)

Hoping their methods of flying are a bit more organic than Overlords. For instance, using giant squigs filled with gas or some kind of mushroom powered fuel system.

I'd love to see them riding bat winged squigs for flying calvary of sorts.

I'm thinking a mash up of Gitmob and Moon Clan. Keep the fast hit and run range tactics of Gitmob while using the weird squig science / magic of Moon clan.

I want the Scuttlers to be a reimaged mix of GorkaMorka Grot Revolutionaries and Pirates, with Deff Skwad-like flying squigs, goblins strapped to squig balloons, Doom-Diver Catapultish winged goblins, Flying Pump Wagons of some sort and other crazy contraptions...

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:17 PM, Spinsane said:

I want the Scuttlers to be a reimaged mix of GorkaMorka Grot Revolutionaries and Pirates, with Deff Skwad-like flying squigs, goblins strapped to squig balloons, Doom-Diver Catapultish winged goblins, Flying Pump Wagons of some sort and other crazy contraptions...

Yes! This sounds amazing.

Also, awesome work @WarbossKurgan, I'm a big fan of all you Destruction pirate stuff.

Archived