Behold the Kharadron Overlords!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, amysrevenge said:

Last time I was this hype was for the 8th Ed Dwarf book (and Irondrakes).  It is possible that hype has exceeded.

Same here! My main hype was Hastings talking about the giant dwarf (snicker) Golem as well as the ships. I was disappointed when those releases didn't surface, and put my money back into savings. Now I'm ready to rumble!

2 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

I dont think that it is a bare face. Just painted in a fleshlike color. The fluff mention that no one knows how they look under the masks/helmets.

Love the fluff says that then immediately GW leak the image of the semi-naked dwarf in tights looking at his armoured suit.

(But yeah I agree its just a coloured faceplate mask, not flesh, in that image referenced)

8 minutes ago, Dotification said:

Norrikan posted a blurry screen-grab of Brokk Grungsson on Atia's blog;

He looks . . . pricey . . . 3+ Save, 8 Wounds, d3 Damage on a set of ranged and melee attacks (chainsword is also Rend -2!)  

Just for the purpose of discussion I will chuck up my comment from there:

Without the battalions and the other characters we don't know how much buffing can be stacked up, but without too much problem on the charge he should kill a Lord-Celestant on Dracoth just on his base stats!

One of the things I actually like the most (from a pure design perspective) is his Supercharged Harness ability. Dwarves in Warhammer lacked the kind risk - reward decisions (i.e. look at 8th ed magic - more risk more potential reward) that make armies interesting. If the Supercharged Harness is a common ability you will have interesting decisions to make: if you take a risk you can get a reward. So instead of rolling dice and hoping you do well enough ala Dwarf Gunline instead you start making decision like do I take a risk? What is the potential benefit of taking this risk? How do I manage my risk?

34 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I just realized what the super devious plan is behind these Overlords - 

It is to sell more different metallic paints!

:)

Funny I just went and looked at the GW Spray Paints today to see if they had any copper colors :)

33 minutes ago, Dez said:

Funny I just went and looked at the GW Spray Paints today to see if they had any copper colors :)

Retributor Armour spray is a decent metallic basecoat, or Leadbelcher. RA is hella expensive though, maybe they made it with real gold?

7 hours ago, April said:

Same I'm tempted by dark red, and black highlighted with blue 

I think I'm leaning towards a good blue like 1k sons blue/ahriman blue with various metallics. 

When I was doing stormcast I did a orange/leadbelcher which turned out really nice too

Archived