AoS app guys on Warhammer Live

Veterannoob

Details from this morning:

-Can put missions, time of war, etc into one place with army.
-Army builder (supports open and narrative as well) with slots, traits, artefacts, etc

Some personalization as well - name the army and units.  You can take pictures of your own units and place them for specific units.

Printable lists, too!  Coming next week.

Sounds nice an well priced, but the idea of waiting for my opponent to scroll through his little 5 inch phone trying to zoom in on rules while I'm sitting here with my folder of 6 full page warscrolls (printed PDF) is a bit annoying.

I find this method much faster than looking through all the battletomes too.

4 minutes ago, Bradifer said:

Sounds nice an well priced, but the idea of waiting for my opponent to scroll through his little 5 inch phone trying to zoom in on rules while I'm sitting here with my folder of 6 full page warscrolls (printed PDF) is a bit annoying.

Now that the app loads more quickly it isn't as bad as it used to be.  I have my stuff memorized mostly so this will be great for organization and list building.

11 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

Install BlueStacks

I much prefer Nox App Player (for Windows anyway). 

It has a better interface, interacts with Windows better, and is actually free. BlueStacks has a free player but constantly has pop-ups asking you to either upgrade to premium for $4.99 a month or continuously be forced to download Apps you don't want to keep using it.

I installed BlueStacks specifically to use the AoS app and deleted it after one day.  Nox has better resolution in my opinion as well.

52 minutes ago, Bradifer said:

This is what I have done and seems to be the most effective method. Especially when an opponent wants to know the specifics on a unit or ability.. I just hand them my laminated pdf printout. 

2 hours ago, Bradifer said:

It sounded like the rules wouldn't be part of the army builder by default, just the points, abilities etc... I think the idea is that it's there to build army lists and you either use the books or built in app purchases to get the rules for the ability, spell, battalion etc...

Im definitely signing up.

Archived