Slaanesh Speculation

Simon1971

Does anyone else wonder if the current 40k Eldar release might usher in a dual Slaanesh release fairly soon?  The storyline for the Eldar seems to be moving towards the rise of the Eldar god of Death to battle Slaanesh. If this is the case then a Slaanesh release could be on the cards. And seeing as the Dark Prince is the prisoner of Tyrion/Teclis this could also mean an Aelf release too!! This is all speculation of course. This could equally herald the end of Slaanesh as we know it, or just the status quo.

Im quietly excited. The Tzeench release is amazing, and I'd love to see a new Keeper of Secrets, some Slaangor (?) , maybe some new Fiends. But this is tempered by the nagging doubts about the direction of Slaanesh. It seems that you can have as much pus and skulls and gore as you like, but something a little sensual and they lose their minds! Hopefully their willingness to re cast the Diaz sculpt Deamonettes means otherwise. 

I personally would like a bit more of a themed force for her. Having tons of open displayed ****** is not going to fly when GW is trying to sell this game to kids. However the starting theme doesn't need that much of a change. Going to play a game of guess work or what I would do in GW's position. 

So Slaanesh's theme is basically hedonism to the extreme, which is vast contrast to the other Chaos gods. So make Slaanesh's forces all really attractive.
Daemonette's are iconic so I would keep those but make them look more like the asari from Mass Effect, wearing figure hugging (but tasteful) outfits, like Alarielle's. I would also remove the crustation claws, mostly because it doesn't really fit with the theme (are crabs hedonistic?). Instead I would arm them with something like this 18643sg011st5jpg.jpg  BUT make it serrated and jagged. Slaanesh enjoys battle, the adrenaline, the rush. But she also enjoys the act of causing pain. Make it so that is the more important aspect. Make her followers weapons cruel and painful. Have their 1 in so many models weapon be a type of daemon whip that sucks the soul out of anything it cuts. Maybe make the weapons come out of their skin so they are even more intimate with their victims. Where ever the weapons come from they should look clean, resplendent even. Dirt and blood cannot stain the blade as their chaos energies force foreign matter off of their weapons, and cuts made by them refuse to heal as the same matter is causing the cut to stay open, so the daemonette can bask in their pain for longer. 

For the steeds, I think the weird worm looking ones are maybe a little too iconic to change, so make them up a little. Give them a daemonic face but with large plumage in clean chaos shining armour.

As for the Keeper of Secrets, that one is a lot tougher. Whilst it is a greater daemon, therefore a monster in combat, KoS are more know for breaking the minds of their enemies. The model from Forge World is really good, just remove the extra ****** and cover it up a little. Greater daemons are emissaries for their god and mortals cannot look upon Slaanesh without losing their soul to her beauty. Make KoS enticing, beautiful but cruel. To fight one is to lose the will to attack something so pretty. Maybe even give it a daemonic musical instrument that plays whilst the daemon sings, causing its enemies to be hypnotised by the music. Less, killy then a Bloodthirster, less durable then a Great unclean one, and less magical then a Lord of Change, but instead a lithe, moral breaker and debuffer.

Just my two cents. Slaanesh is my favourite Chaos god so I hope she gets an amazing line from GW :)

Also the slaanesh story arc is at a spot where they could happily let it sit for a while. I reckon other factions will get an update first. And only when GW starts exploring the Shadow realm they might get more mentions. But even then.... I'm just not really expecting it anymore. 

9 hours ago, Azure Guardian said:

I would also remove the crustation claws, mostly because it doesn't really fit with the theme (are crabs hedonistic?)  

I like a lot of your posted ideas but I don't want to lose crab hands! (P.s. Crabs are well known to have hedonistic full moon parties)

Going to make a stab in the dark but I do think the new 40K changes with Eldar could herald something similar in Age of Sigmar. Here's a bit of a brain dump about what I think could happen.

What we know already...

• After glutting him/herself on Elf souls at the end of The End Times, Slaanesh is full of Elven souls and the Aelfs want to break the bond between themselves and Slaanesh
  • With Slaanesh in a 'weakened' state, Tyrion/Teclis have taken it upon themselves to do something and capture Slaanesh. 

Fairly straight forwards so far but this is what I think is going to happen. Somehow, we will see Slaanesh tear open and witness the birth of the Aelf God of the Dead (Tyrion/Teclis merging into one or one of them becoming the new God and taking up a new role). This weakens Slaanesh who we see flee and end up in the Realm of Shadow due to the creature once known as Morathi having a bond with the god. Slaanesh goes through a transformation (possibly with a bonding with Morathi and/or Malekith) and we see Shadow like Daemons appearing. With the birth of the new God, shockwaves are sent through the mortal realms, particularly felt strongly in the Realm of death and by Nagash.

So I see all of this being the story line next year, and we see the new Aelf factions, some reboxing going on and something for Death. I think this year is all going to be about Tzeentch attacking the mortal realms so hoping we see some Duardin as well.

Well you won't need to be a mystic to guess that eventually they'll be releasing the slaanesh greater daemon as they have done with the other gods and the story seems to be suggesting this as well.

I'm hoping for the new Slaanesh mdoels be taken towards variety of other hedonism besides sexuality. Overeating, drugs, etc. I have this hedonistic Arab vizier in my mind always with Slaanesh. Also all sorts of nightmarish scary weirdness would sit well in the theme.

Oh and Slaanesh definitely needs some Eunuch slave soliders along the lines of Game of Thrones.

My current project is actually slaanesh mortals. I'm using the LoTR Haradrim models as my cultists with a golden ox on the warshrine.

I've long felt that GW are cutting themselves off from a lot of cool opportunities by trying to keep all the daemon stuff compatible with both settings. Imagine 40k daemonettes with pistols and grenade belts, or AoS daemonette huntresses with bows and arrows. Plaguebearers with shotguns. Bloodletters on daemonic motorbikes.

3 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Going to make a stab in the dark but I do think the new 40K changes with Eldar could herald something similar in Age of Sigmar. Here's a bit of a brain dump about what I think could happen.

What we know already...

• After glutting him/herself on Elf souls at the end of The End Times, Slaanesh is full of Elven souls and the Aelfs want to break the bond between themselves and Slaanesh
  • With Slaanesh in a 'weakened' state, Tyrion/Teclis have taken it upon themselves to do something and capture Slaanesh. 

Fairly straight forwards so far but this is what I think is going to happen. Somehow, we will see Slaanesh tear open and witness the birth of the Aelf God of the Dead (Tyrion/Teclis merging into one or one of them becoming the new God and taking up a new role). This weakens Slaanesh who we see flee and end up in the Realm of Shadow due to the creature once known as Morathi having a bond with the god. Slaanesh goes through a transformation (possibly with a bonding with Morathi and/or Malekith) and we see Shadow like Daemons appearing. With the birth of the new God, shockwaves are sent through the mortal realms, particularly felt strongly in the Realm of death and by Nagash.

So I see all of this being the story line next year, and we see the new Aelf factions, some reboxing going on and something for Death. I think this year is all going to be about Tzeentch attacking the mortal realms so hoping we see some Duardin as well.

The elves/aelves already have a new(ish) god of the dead as of End Times: Khaine in Eldyra.

5 hours ago, Carnelian said:

I like a lot of your posted ideas but I don't want to lose crab hands! (P.s. Crabs are well known to have hedonistic full moon parties)

He clearly has never been to one of those. Also have you ever seen them wear 8 legged pants? They are always naked :S very Slaanesh

I don't think so that Tyrion/Teclis will transform from Gods of Light (Tyrion) into Aelven gods of death, doesn't make much sense. Going with light elves and shadow elves is possibly great stroy arc. Plus it seams that all elves work together now but are very different. Malekith/Malerion was working with twins about Slaneesh and fluff suggests then twins captured him/her but he is kept captive by Malerion in Uglu. So there is possibility to drop bigger Battletome like DoT with both : light and shadow elves (but I doubt as they woudl have to go with two big models instead of 1 - Tyrion/Teclis and Malerion) or 2 Battletomes for Elves. 

I'm hoping for some new units when slaanesh rises to power again. I loved the discription of warriors with highly ornamental armour in the short story 'godless'. I'm sure slaanesh will return at some point, he/she had been in the fluff constantly, If only in snippets. And I think it will be linked with an elf release.

speaking of elves, I don't see the point in merging high/dark elves in ET and then creating light and shadow elves in AoS. I'm sure GW will handle them with more creativity.

I don't mind waiting some more on slaanesh and elven releases. I have souch stuff to paint allready it has gotten to the point I try to hide new mini's from my partner so he doesn't see I got another kit I don't have the time for to assemble and paint:p

Considering that in the end times Morathi was pulled into the realm of Chaos by Slaanesh only to mysteriously reappear in AoS, I'd guess that she'll be very much involved with Slaanesh's return (perhaps she actually is Slaanesh in a reincarnated/fused form?). As such I'd expect any new release to be come alongside or possibly even be cross-faction with Malerion's shadow aelves. 

Come to think of it, Caledor Dragontamer got snatched by Slaanesh too. Battletome: SLAANESH DRAGONKIN in 2018 anyone?!?

People have seen my posts in the rumor thread and someone in the total war forum came up with this awesome theory since someone was wondering why Malerion keeps Morathi around after all that happened before. 

User 1 said this: I understand he may feel some attachment to her as she is his mother, but he clearly cannot trust her. Maybe she is part of a plan of his. Possibly he wants her to become a new Chaos god so she will further divide the chaos gods and their forces.

User 2(Theory):One thing I was considering is that the descendants of Aenarion are probably familiar with the process of gods incarnating into mortals now. They might have figured out a way to force a god - even a Chaos God - into a mortal body, as long as that mortal has some pre-existing connection to that god.

So Morathi might be tolerated and kept close because she is Slaanesh's prison.

It sounds quite plausible, perhaps something occurs that causes slaanesh to rise again as morathi as a host or avatar. IF the rumor is true. 

On 2/2/2017 at 11:58 PM, shinros said:

People have seen my posts in the rumor thread and someone in the total war forum came up with this awesome theory since someone was wondering why Malerion keeps Morathi around after all that happened before. 

User 1 said this: I understand he may feel some attachment to her as she is his mother, but he clearly cannot trust her. Maybe she is part of a plan of his. Possibly he wants her to become a new Chaos god so she will further divide the chaos gods and their forces.

User 2(Theory):One thing I was considering is that the descendants of Aenarion are probably familiar with the process of gods incarnating into mortals now. They might have figured out a way to force a god - even a Chaos God - into a mortal body, as long as that mortal has some pre-existing connection to that god.

So Morathi might be tolerated and kept close because she is Slaanesh's prison.

It sounds quite plausible, perhaps something occurs that causes slaanesh to rise again as morathi as a host or avatar. IF the rumor is true. 

Would also be a great move as the first female major god (or am I missing someone?). 

Like the theory

On 1/31/2017 at 9:31 AM, Davariel said:

Considering that in the end times Morathi was pulled into the realm of Chaos by Slaanesh only to mysteriously reappear in AoS, I'd guess that she'll be very much involved with Slaanesh's return (perhaps she actually is Slaanesh in a reincarnated/fused form?). As such I'd expect any new release to be come alongside or possibly even be cross-faction with Malerion's shadow aelves. 

Come to think of it, Caledor Dragontamer got snatched by Slaanesh too. Battletome: SLAANESH DRAGONKIN in 2018 anyone?!?

Maybe "chaos aelves" start with Morathi as the first aelven daemon prince(ss)?

I think Morathi as Daemon Princess makes sense (even dual kit with Keeper of Secrets) also I am curious how they will handle that Malerion is God of Shadows and Tyrion is God of Light. As going by recent fluff Shadowkin aren't cruel or evil (like DE were) but they don't care about other races and theirs lives as long as they will accomplish their goals it very Eldar alike. So In think if we get two elves faction they woudln't be against each other but with Order as Chaos is their enemy and they will respect and work together. 

Archived