Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

5 hours ago, Karol said:

Guys I won a speed painting competion at our store, now I have the option to get a single box of infantry for free. my options are chaos warriors, bloodletters or chaos marauders , I don't know which would be better for my army.

Bloodletters I think - defo a solid part of a Khorne Army. Help you on your way to a blob of 30 ;)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use plastic Frostgrave Barbarians for Marauders. Cheap as hell and they look fantastic. Very Norse, and slightly smaller than my Reavers, who are supposed to be embiggened with the power of Khorne, so that works well.

31 minutes ago, Karol said:

What are the frostgrave barbarian, I couldn't find them on the GW site or at my store?

It is because they come from a completly different company (tomahawk studio of somethin'?) with a different universe (still fantaisie but in the snow).

They mostly have a viking look which match more or less the one of the marauders (less barbarian, more bearded guys, think the wildlings of Games Of Thrones).

okayish quality, monopause and a tiny little bit smaller. Cheaper yet.

I'm playing about with an army list at 2k. Mostly for fun games at my local club. C and c welcome

Allegiance: Khorne
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- General
- Bloodaxe and Wrath Hammer
- Trait: Slaughterborn
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune
Skullgrinder (80)
Daemon Prince of Khorne (160)
- Artefact: The Crimson Crown
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
30 x Bloodletters (270)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
40 x Chaos Marauders (200)
- Axes & Shields
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
5 x Wrathmongers (180)
5 x Wrathmongers (180)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
Bloodforged (140)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 178

main plan is to wrap the wrathmongers and buff characters in the two big units, forming 2 combat blocks, and then letting the hounds and blood warriors hold/ get objectives or join the scrum as appropriate.

I know murderhost and gore pilgrims are more meta, but bloodforged seems fun to build and play

12 hours ago, medivouk said:

I'm playing about with an army list at 2k. Mostly for fun games at my local club. C and c welcome

Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
- General
Skullgrinder (80)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
30 x Bloodletters (270)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- Axes & Shields
5 x Wrathmongers (180)
5 x Wrathmongers (180)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
Bloodforged (140)

main plan is to wrap the wrathmongers and buff characters in the two big units, forming 2 combat blocks, and then letting the hounds and blood warriors hold/ get objectives or join the scrum as appropriate.

I know murderhost and gore pilgrims are more meta, but bloodforged seems fun to build and play

That looks like a fun list, my only tweak would be to include a priest or second unit of hounds for more antimagic cover - you only have 1 unbind right now. Just not sure what o would change to get them in.

I say give it a few battles and see what happens and then update the list based on how well it meets your playstyle.

I'm waiting with baited breath to see what new dispel options we get.

In the new magic teaser they mention khorne might get the short straw but it will be readdressed. Hoping this means new book and not just bolt on rules...

On 5/17/2018 at 7:44 AM, Karol said:

our store owner is  a very can't play with stuff that isn't stuff we sell at the store kind of a guy.

(Basically you’re exchanging time on a game table for ‘advertising product they sell’ by playing with it on the game table.)

That being said, what @Killax said.

Bloodletters unless you have specific needs for either Chaos Warriors or Marauders.

On 5/17/2018 at 1:48 PM, medivouk said:

Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
- General
Skullgrinder (80)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
30 x Bloodletters (270)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- Axes & Shields
5 x Wrathmongers (180)
5 x Wrathmongers (180)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
Bloodforged (140)

Following in the line of @Praecautus I’d recommend making space for a Slaughterpriest or other unit with the Priest keyword to cast Killing Frenzy on the Bloodletters. 

That would give you 2+ to hit and mortal wounding on 5+ For them As long as you have at least 20 of them on the table.

The fleshhounds would be good ... but the priest opens up options for prayers.

So when we get to use more units command abilities in AoS 2,0, that opens up some alternative lists.

What do you think of this aggressive list

Leaders

Karanak (100)

- General

Skaarac the Bloodborn (500)

Bloodstoker (80)

Bloodstoker (80)

Battleline

Units

5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

1 x Khorgoraths (80)

1 x Khorgoraths (80)

1 x Khorgoraths (80)

1 x Khorgoraths (80)

1 x Khorgoraths (80)

1 x Khorgoraths (80)

Battalions

Blood Hunt (130)

Wounds: 125

You can move the the Flesh hounds forward in the herophase and the move+charge

Stoke the 2 Daemon princes and move+run+charge and the rest follows and can run and charge

Engage the enemy the first turn at multipel places.

Bonus you get a lot of dispel from the Flesh hounds.

Here's my list in anticipation for the new 2.0 rules - 

Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
Skullgrinder (80)
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxes
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Reaver Blades
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Reaver Blades
5 x Garrek's Reavers (60)
5 x Wrathmongers (180)
5 x Wrathmongers (180)
Gore Pilgrims (180)
Dark Feast (200)
Bloodforged (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 128

25 minutes ago, JonnyTheKing said:

Well that was a disappointing preview for Khorne, we didn't really learn of any specific changes to our faction

Well BoK is already a pretty solid faction with a few meh units like khorgoraths and some slightly pricey battalions. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if Bloodletters get a point increase. Its all the sweeping changes that really affect bok anyways like look out sir protecting support heroes and using fast units to tie up shooting.

36 minutes ago, JonnyTheKing said:

Well that was a disappointing preview for Khorne, we didn't really learn of any specific changes to our faction

Well... indirectly we know that you’ll be able to get Khorgoraths without needing to get useless Stormcast Eternals.

Signs on the old starter sets are saying they will be removing the Blood and Thunder set, along with the standard Starter set. (They are also retiring the original “mighty Battles” book.)

Well I think the article pretty much showed nothing new, except for the one piece of artwork, which is nice. Also gives the suggestion that even Khorne followers have some form of a community.

I agree that Blades of Khorne is solid as is, in the end all that makes or breaks a faction though is Pitched Battle Profiles in Generals Handbook when we are talking about competitive approaches and usefullness. It isn't their core design that is broken... If anything I'd say a Bloodsecrator has become more in line with other Heroes due to his effect not being all to different from a Command Ability anyway.

All I really hope is that we finally will see the Daemon + Bloodbound Keywords adressed. As before it still makes no sence that a Khorne Lord with a Fleshhound is just Mortal, or a Khorne Lord on a Juggernaut for that matter and yes same applies to Mighty Skullcrushers.

But other than that, yeah the focus for this new edition will not start out with Khorne vs Stormcast. Doesn't really matter to me but it also means that it will thake a long time before Khorne will see another update. Slaanesh is first, so one spark of hope that remains is an eventual Khorne update in 40K's World Eaters which then (perhaps 2019) will bring forth a separate Khorgorath and plastic Fleshhounds.

Still looking very forward to this Blood Brothers because melee combat focus is where it's at this new edition. This will please Khorne. 

6 minutes ago, Killax said:

All I really hope is that we finally will see the Daemon + Bloodbound Keywords adressed. As before it still makes no sence that a Khorne Lord with a Fleshhound is just Mortal, or a Khorne Lord on a Juggernaut for that matter and yes same applies to Mighty Skullcrushers.

Yep ... the keywords for the Lord Of Khorne on Juggernaut are different than the original Compendium version that was “Khorne Lord on Juggernaut” (but have identical stats/Abilities)

2 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Yep ... the keywords for the Lord Of Khorne on Juggernaut are different than the original Compendium version that was “Khorne Lord on Juggernaut” (but have identical stats/Abilities)

Yeah both lore in AoS confirms that Juggernauts and Fleshhounds are Daemons. With both lore I mean the old Bloodbound Battletome and the Blades of Khorne Battletome.

I don't really have any particular fear for this edition. There is one thing that can change too much to make BoK unviable though, which would be to either cap the Bloodsecrator further down or make it even more expensive...

We will see what occurs. So while I like army list ideas under the new edition I really think it's way too early to think about that yet.

For new players like me, does it mean it is going to be really hard to get enough models without the big starter? I don't have the whip guy and am not going to pay the scalper price people want for him.

Strange write up, lots of pictures, and not much about the army changes. The 50pts command point seems interesting, I often end up with 150-200pts not spend on anything.

I hope that GW won't nerf slaughter priests too much, and that gore pilgrims, something am aiming to play, won't get hit by the nerf bat either.

Archived